PDA

View Full Version : High Quality Bear Skn farming

Dural_Levant
08-14-2020, 12:51 PM
I just got my Tailoring Trade-Skill to 85 and I want to start making the 10-slot bags, but I need High Quality Bear Skins.

What area is usually considered the best place to farm them?

Thanks in advance.^^

Jibartik
08-14-2020, 12:56 PM
I find a pretty good selection of bears in the karanas. North Karana has a lot of bear spawns. And you might see a named bear :)

Also there are 3 special pelts that drop that do nothing in that zone and I'm so angry they dont craft a special stat item each :(

Nomadic Plainswalker
08-14-2020, 01:12 PM
NK and Rathe mountains by far the best.

Bigsham
08-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Theres a little farm in one of the karanas that has a few bear spawn points and if you can kill all the phs its like a bear machine, i cant remember which karana but thats why EQ is amazing

Baler
08-14-2020, 02:16 PM
Rathe Mountains at giant skeletons

I recently spent a few hours killing grizzly bears there on a new alt. Ended up with 8 thick (useless imo) and 6 grizzly bear skins. It's not something that can really be farmed super faster anywhere.

Great exp for a level 12 / 13 who's also looking to make some plat.

M.J.
08-15-2020, 04:07 AM
If you're buying / farming on a newbie char:

rathe mountains
Nektulos
EC Kodiak highway (runs adjacent to the druid rings up and down the zone wall, kill all the animals btwn zone wall and the rings and magically bears appear to parade up and down the zone)
WC
Misty Thicket
NK
Qeyno's Hills
Akanon Zoo Bear

I would make a circuit of Nek/WC/EC during prime time newbie hours offering to buy the hides or give newbies a chance at turning the hides into a bag with your mats for free, then you get skill ups and they get to gamble on a free 10 slot wr bag.

If you're farming them yourself then I'd say Rathe Mountains is the way to go.

Jimjam
08-15-2020, 04:50 AM
Kill everything that paths in to the yellow stain marked bears.

Have some steel boning with you to make small reinforced masks. Have a skinning knife to render everything else into leather padding using the silks you find. Advertise free/cheap combine attempts on reinforced armour / bear packs.

Buellen
08-15-2020, 11:55 PM
Depends on your patience but In west karanaa as you leave valley along road you pass the priest by the tree and you will see small depression to your left. if your patient there 2 bear spawns every 6min around that depression. otherwise just wander west karana there is bears everywhere 8)