PDA

View Full Version : Banned for no reason?

Anarke
08-13-2020, 06:39 PM
It appears I was literally banned for no reason. I haven't even logged on for a few months until like two or three weeks ago. Logged on twice in the last 2-3 weeks to raid fear and hate with the guild. Haven't bought, sold, or traded anything with anyone in months.

What the hell is going on?

-Anarke (Venerate)

Mazoku
08-13-2020, 06:54 PM
There are two possible reasons for this:

One. Someone logged you and did something naughty while you were away.

TWO. You were indeed banned for no reason. It happens. Appeal it with the GMs via the forums petitions. They will review it and then if you're decided to be innocent by Tribunal Trial then you shall be readmitted back into the fold.

cd288
08-13-2020, 07:03 PM
Apparently they did an RMT ban wave on Green recently? I'm assuming you RMTed months ago and are just being banned for it now.

Convict
08-13-2020, 07:25 PM
Yeah there was a mass RMT ban few days ago. Quite possibly getting a little liberal with the criteria for which they determine RMT happened and subsequently drop the hammer. If it even looks like you might have RMT'd, you get slapped.

Examples: Did you change IP (or move states or countries in the last few months) and change MAC address (new computer?)? Did you let anybody else play your account for an extended period while you were MIA? Even if you did not RMT it might look like the account was sold because of a sudden MAC/IP address change regularly logging into the account.

Im just speculating since I don't really know how they go about investigating RMT or how they could prove 100% without a shadow of a doubt RMT happened, but my best guess is they cannot actually prove RMT happened to a 100% certainty without hacking your computer/phone/emails and listening in on conversations between the 2 parties hashing out a deal when committing RMT, so they have to just go with.. if it looks like RMT, it might be RMT, therefore ban.

Anarke
08-13-2020, 07:35 PM
No one has my login information and I have never RMT'd in my life I don't even know, or care, exactly how it even works.

I haven't moved, or gotten a new computer, or anything like that.

Bigsham
08-13-2020, 08:22 PM
Its ok i had tons of random bans on p99 too

your shit was probably already sold for pill money so i would play something else

Albanwr
08-13-2020, 08:30 PM
do you have a character with a very bad name? If so, they will suspend your account until you contact them. Petition in the petition forum.

galach
08-13-2020, 09:37 PM
Post in the petition forum. Thank you.