PDA

View Full Version : wut do U think bowt kunark?

DMN
08-08-2020, 07:08 AM
kUnArK

RecondoJoe
08-08-2020, 07:43 AM
people are saying that there's a new race (lizardmen from cazic thule)

LazyHydras
08-08-2020, 08:28 AM
people are saying that there's a new race (lizardmen from cazic thule)

I hear they can run right up to CT and give him a big hug because they are best buds.

Mickets
08-08-2020, 08:59 AM
I think the pixel angst created by the release of kunark will create a petitionstorm the likes of which have never been seen or will be seen again, leading Rogean to seriously consider turning off the server. All I can say is pls no rogean... pls no.

Vdaria
08-08-2020, 09:19 AM
you know what, i can tolerate a few things in this game, like lizard people and lizard people and rat people and dog people and fish people and and horse people and bird people and bee people and cat people and dragon people but i'll be GODDAMNED if they ever allow cat people on this server

Snortles Chortles
08-08-2020, 11:05 AM
https://i.imgur.com/RPvg2gI.gif

Nuggie
08-08-2020, 11:27 AM
I think the race for firsts will be exhilarating for some neckbeards for a while, and will fill up the high elf court system.

Insomnia
08-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Should just skip straight to Luclin imo

Jibartik
08-08-2020, 12:05 PM
I liked it less than classic when it came out, it just felt a little off to me, I hate the tree's god do i hate the tree's.

But over time I learned to love the mechanics, its a very fun dungeon and group expansion. The slow exp grind was awful to me in 99, I hated that it yoinked my chill non grindy MMO from me.

But again, over time playing it again and again, I like that it adds that need to get out and grind again, but this time in hard dungeons!

I wish DC was bigger.

I haaaaaaaate the trees, in fact, I dislike all the outdoor zones of kunark pretty much, they're just uncomfortable to hang around in.

Not like the karanas. I think that was by design, to make it like a 'dangerous new land' but to me it was just uncomfortable and hard to see anything, and I longed for my time back home with the millers on the farm.

new goblin models were a mistake :o

Snortles Chortles
08-08-2020, 12:27 PM
miss me with that fay gate shift
TT & EJ actually feel like ancient, remote jungles
and hello the trails that actually look like trails

Snortles Chortles
08-08-2020, 12:30 PM
ASS CRACK GOBLINS (groCe)
vs
SuPerioR ittle goblin models

your opinions are no longer valid on these forums
GTFO of here dewd
yes im double post enraged

Jibartik
08-08-2020, 12:32 PM
you got something against ass cracks?

Jimjam
08-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Between the clASSic booty which don’t crack and dat kunark tongue.... those gobbles are gonna have a lot of fun if they meet.

LazyHydras
08-08-2020, 12:50 PM
I liked it less than classic when it came out, it just felt a little off to me, I hate the tree's god do i hate the tree's.

But over time I learned to love the mechanics, its a very fun dungeon and group expansion. The slow exp grind was awful to me in 99, I hated that it yoinked my chill non grindy MMO from me.

But again, over time playing it again and again, I like that it adds that need to get out and grind again, but this time in hard dungeons!

I wish DC was bigger.

I haaaaaaaate the trees, in fact, I dislike all the outdoor zones of kunark pretty much, they're just uncomfortable to hang around in.

Not like the karanas. I think that was by design, to make it like a 'dangerous new land' but to me it was just uncomfortable and hard to see anything, and I longed for my time back home with the millers on the farm.

new goblin models were a mistake :o

I actually like it for that reason. It was such the opposite of the comfy world of Antonica with its predictable layouts and good visibility. In Kunark, it really does feel like the frontier, with lots of hostile tribes and geography working together.

On the contrary, I think the outdoor zones are really well done - for that reason.

cd288
08-08-2020, 01:05 PM
you know what, i can tolerate a few things in this game, like lizard people and lizard people and rat people and dog people and fish people and and horse people and bird people and bee people and cat people and dragon people but i'll be GODDAMNED if they ever allow cat people on this server

What about the kerrans

cd288
08-08-2020, 01:07 PM
I actually like it for that reason. It was such the opposite of the comfy world of Antonica with its predictable layouts and good visibility. In Kunark, it really does feel like the frontier, with lots of hostile tribes and geography working together.

On the contrary, I think the outdoor zones are really well done - for that reason.

Generally agree with this but warslicks woods is a little bit overkill on the trees

Snortles Chortles
08-08-2020, 01:08 PM
yeah a forest shouldn't look like a forest
perfect sense :rolleyes:

Jibartik
08-08-2020, 01:16 PM
lol I think that's awesome that you guys like it, it was people liking iksars that made me less racist against them over time now I love em. I'm basically a common folk I don't like these new things ruining my lands.

I just find that in kunark Im looking at like darkness and pain and suffering and in classic its like tom bambidile all the time.

LazyHydras
08-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Generally agree with this but warslicks woods is a little bit overkill on the trees

Yea, my first experience with Warlisks was as a lvl20 monk venturing into it for the first time. I was running down a hill through thick foliage and got whacked with a frost rift, blinded, poisoned, and died before I even know what had happened. It was pretty frustrating at the time, but funny, now, looking back at it.

douglas1999
08-08-2020, 03:15 PM
I'd just like to state that the fungus mutant\breeder model in upper guk looks like it has a vagina

mycoolrausch
08-08-2020, 04:59 PM
I like how the evils get a city for about 5 minutes until they do anything in kunark and then are KOS to it.

Trexller
08-08-2020, 05:09 PM
I like how the evils get a city for about 5 minutes until they do anything in kunark and then are KOS to it.

evil folks just need to stay out of HS and avoid the big dogs in KC, ogres in TD, spectres in TT... a very small portion of kunark will lower your VS outpost faction

douglas1999
08-08-2020, 05:10 PM
evils have to go to kunark on some kind of garbage boat. seems kinda racist tbh

kjs86z
08-08-2020, 06:00 PM
lots of manna robes

Trexller
08-08-2020, 06:04 PM
hopefully alot of these

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ton_Po%27s_Bo_Stick_of_Understanding

Zuranthium
08-08-2020, 06:36 PM

There's actually no Old World heavily forested zones with "good visibility". Greater Faydark, Lesser Faydark, Nektulos, Kithicor, Misty Thicket, Feerott, Innothule, Toxxulia...the world was dark, dark, dark. You get more sunlight going into Crushbone, kind of funny to think about.

Kunark did have really low tree lines in Warslicks and Burning Woods, but I didn't mind, it felt very rugged and was a fitting contrast.

TT & EJ actually feel like ancient, remote jungles

A shame there's not more incentive to hunt there...

Snortles Chortles
08-08-2020, 06:41 PM
patrician detected

Kerwin 5.0
08-08-2020, 06:45 PM
sPooKy foResttts tOO maNY tRweES

Jibartik
08-08-2020, 06:47 PM

lol evils were there to observe and take screenshots to send back to nerriak.

Bardp1999
08-09-2020, 11:06 PM
I like Kunark because it pushes the shitter classes (druids/wizards/bards/rangers - to a lesser extent paladins and SKs) into their proper shunned roles of being basically unwanted in any group because of XP penalties or general uselessness.

Gozuk
08-09-2020, 11:26 PM
Although I don't utilize much of Kunark it does have 2 of my favorite spots of all time.

Old Sebilis, and the Sarnak fort in Lake of Ill omen. Hell I've spent more time in Seb than all other zones combined probably. I also seem like KC more than most.

Zuranthium
08-10-2020, 12:12 AM
I like Kunark because it pushes the shitter classes (druids/wizards/bards/rangers - to a lesser extent paladins and SKs) into their proper shunned roles of being basically unwanted in any group because of XP penalties or general uselessness.

But what do you really think.