PDA

View Full Version : What do the P99 Veterans think will happen to the economy on Green when Kunark drops?

RecondoJoe
08-08-2020, 06:55 AM
Do you think items like Torpor and Fungus Tunic will be similar to the prices that are currently on Blue? Higher? Lower?

deadlycupcak3z
08-08-2020, 11:48 AM
Nah there’s been a pretty chill economy on green that made realistic growth over time and leveled out well after market saturation. I’m certain items like fungi and even level 60 spells will end up in guild hands for quite a while (think who was selling GEBs early on, unlike things like GBS which were high value but diff type of camp) due to what it takes to camp them before there are 60s everywhere wanting to form farm groups. Also I’m sure they will eventually come with some dramatic prices but realistic for the era/length of time people have been farming plat (also a difference when compared with blue).

cd288
08-08-2020, 01:03 PM
Nah there’s been a pretty chill economy on green that made realistic growth over time and leveled out well after market saturation. I’m certain items like fungi and even level 60 spells will end up in guild hands for quite a while (think who was selling GEBs early on, unlike things like GBS which were high value but diff type of camp) due to what it takes to camp them before there are 60s everywhere wanting to form farm groups. Also I’m sure they will eventually come with some dramatic prices but realistic for the era/length of time people have been farming plat (also a difference when compared with blue).

This isn’t fully accurate for Green though. Prices for significant items from like day one never took into account how long people had been farming plat for. Look how much things like FBSS and certain weapons were going for from the start. People sit on those items and set the market at the price they want and are perfectly content to hold out because they know it doesn’t take a lot of time for people to farm lots of plat in this game. Prices for something like a fungi tunic will be through the roof for the first like 6 months at least.

M.J.
08-08-2020, 04:38 PM
This isn’t fully accurate for Green though. Prices for significant items from like day one never took into account how long people had been farming plat for. Look how much things like FBSS and certain weapons were going for from the start. People sit on those items and set the market at the price they want and are perfectly content to hold out because they know it doesn’t take a lot of time for people to farm lots of plat in this game. Prices for something like a fungi tunic will be through the roof for the first like 6 months at least.

I'll be amazed if we don't have mass boxing bans and RMT bans when it comes to fungis, VP keys, etc, and most people are going to get burned out on their shamans before reaching Torpor level - which is part of why the price has remained so high for so long. People willing to do 54-60 solo are willing to put in that exact same amount of time to farm whatever price people are charging.

Baler
08-09-2020, 07:50 AM
Day 1, nothing much. New items will be introduced at exorbitant prices.
Day 2, Low stat items from classic that get replaced by better stat items in kunark, and will begin to take a dip in price.
Day 3, ***ers banned in mass
Day 4, Guild suspensions will cause raid geared characters to pour into non-raid zones and begin flooding the market.
Day 5, man kind as we know it is lost as the evercrack addiction takes over
Day 6, all Iksars classes have reached level 60
Day 7, people complain on the forums about not getting a camp in a world thats now twice as big.

Snortles Chortles
08-09-2020, 08:15 AM
https://i.imgur.com/2zR1VYh.jpg

cd288
08-09-2020, 10:42 AM
Day 1, nothing much. New items will be introduced at exorbitant prices.
Day 2, Low stat items from classic that get replaced by better stat items in kunark, and will begin to take a dip in price.
Day 3, ***ers banned in mass
Day 4, Guild suspensions will cause raid geared characters to pour into non-raid zones and begin flooding the market.
Day 5, man kind as we know it is lost as the evercrack addiction takes over
Day 6, all Iksars classes have reached level 60
Day 7, people complain on the forums about not getting a camp in a world thats now twice as big.

Lmao number 7

Arvan
08-09-2020, 11:13 AM
One things for sure people will monopolize camps and then price gouge unless they make everything good a /list again which would be lol

TheRusty
08-09-2020, 12:05 PM
One thing to remember is that blue is a very mature server, and has very significant plat inflation as a result. So the majority of items will be significantly cheaper than on blue.

The high-end items - level 60 spell drops, fungi tunic, JBB, etc - are simply not going to filter into the East commons economy for a long time, as these items are going to first and foremost go onto the characters that collect them. When they do start filtering down to the buying public, then you can probably expect prices similar to blue, but perhaps with a premium due to the novelty of their sale.

The market for a lot of lower-level classic items is going to drop out entirely. No one's going to want your woven grass bracelets or charred guardian boots, except people who have a level 1 alt and a fat 100pp for twinking. Most of the level 30+ drops will be pretty stable though.

M.J.
08-10-2020, 04:32 AM
One thing to remember is that blue is a very mature server, and has very significant plat inflation as a result. So the majority of items will be significantly cheaper than on blue.

The high-end items - level 60 spell drops, fungi tunic, JBB, etc - are simply not going to filter into the East commons economy for a long time, as these items are going to first and foremost go onto the characters that collect them. When they do start filtering down to the buying public, then you can probably expect prices similar to blue, but perhaps with a premium due to the novelty of their sale.

The market for a lot of lower-level classic items is going to drop out entirely. No one's going to want your woven grass bracelets or charred guardian boots, except people who have a level 1 alt and a fat 100pp for twinking. Most of the level 30+ drops will be pretty stable though.

I'd say any non trade-skill item under 500pp doesn't exist in a market at all but in more of a quasi barter economy, which was true at Green's launch and remains mostly true now that people are offering common drops for 50-100pp for some non-planar BIS off pieces, at least I've recently had decent trades for low value items people were happy to get in that range and that I needed to fill slots.

Kunark is going to introduce the one bandit bracer alongside hero bracer, so that's like 90% of non fatties handled with hero bracer + iksar bracer in wrist slot, at least until raiding or 45+ AC seeking tanks & clicky enthusiasts drop absurd early amounts for convenience clicks (ignoring standouts in price for rarity / difficulty like Donal's / Tolan's), back slot hbc will stay exactly the same and hiero cloak will just slowly lower in value over time until Velious/Chardok2.0 drop respectively. Dex will matter more than at present so warriors (always a big buying / twink force in the EC economy) will also lower the price some more on items that seem like they should stay high due to how good they are for all other classes besides maintank warriors.

I wouldn't expect Blue precedent to stand here as people that could stomach the nearly full year of Classic and make plans for kunark (and follow through) could have saved up enough plat for Melee Binds at fire pots, and it follows they'd hold out and keep farming planes & dungeons for another half year or whatever until Epics go in.

Ixiblat will add multi week chances at EC CoF through Ixiblat once epics are in until the servers end game, and literal Epic sales through guilds for things like Bard & Cleric Epic drops & Shaman Epic fights. So I expect high prices until Epics drop then Ragebringers flood the haste market and less-so VP keyed get their mobilization game on point because they've already bought up inflated everything that makes wonky itemized planar outside of Sky seem like a reliable cost effective alternative (or they just play a LOL Class that hardly needs stats in the first place) and from there we get the 5 year kunark dynamic on a crunch where content doable by 50s at Kunark's launch is held at bay until the most casual of casual EC vendors and grandpa dungeon crawlers just need to maintain presences on one of their alts near the epic fights they need done and the server divide between Epiced Casuals that will go Giant faction in Velious and the "We kill literally everything and poop sock" crowd will set in.

TLDR: Grandpa's with Druid Epics are going to gouge the fuck out of EC Vendors once they finally make it, haste will finally go down in price only for low end haste items and mid-tier haste will stay high, Torpor stays ridiculous, Fungi's stay rare due to boxing bans the same way manastones did once people realized they were fancy paper weights and not godly PL items which required a higher level healer to make them viable outside of Manadancing.

Brell Serillis followers will be comfy in the hole.

BarnabusCollins
08-10-2020, 06:59 AM
Fungi will be 200k+, JBB will be 50-90k, Heiro Will be 50k+, FBR will be 20k, TStaff will be 200k+

Nuggie
08-10-2020, 11:04 AM
I hope people remember that epics and VP don't go in until really late in the kunark timeline. Meaning the epic rush and VP keyfarm wont happen until way later and on into Velious. Raid guilds won't be able to sell epic MQ's until their member get fed, which I believe won't be until after Velious drops. Unless they are in dire need of click recharge funds. I think VP won't be as big of a deal since most won't have keys until Velious, thereby having juicier targets and fresh /list camps to farm.

I believe the first torpor sale will be about 250k and not drop below 100k until just before the merge with Blue. The top dogs have the money, and it opens up new solo spots for them(Heiro).

Fungi's will stay above 100k through the timeline until Blue merge. Heiro's might dip a little below. I think people realize the limited use of lockets this time around and they won't be as valued.

I'm interested to see how many raiders are going to have enough extra level 50's to keep exping yet stay parked for raids, or however that's going to shake out. Screw raiding and rush to 60?

Baler
08-10-2020, 12:40 PM
Fungi will be 200k+, JBB will be 50-90k, Heiro Will be 50k+, FBR will be 20k, TStaff will be 200k+

I agree'd right up till Tstaff

You see,.. Monks don't get tripple attack until the very end of velious. Meaning Tstaff is not the "op" weapon it is on blue currently.
A ton of misinformation is spread because of blue. People think hybrids are good on green for example. Not until the END of velious, end of the timeline.
Try not to spread misinformation. Keep green classic.

NEVER USE A TSTAFF AT A RAID

beh
08-10-2020, 01:25 PM
Keep in mind that Kunark lasted multiple years on blue while velious was being developed. This allowed the market to flood with far more kunark era items than a true classic market, as well as millions more plat in circulation over that time period than there ever was on any live server, or ever will be on green.

Edit: also just remembered the gem drop rate nerf from seafuries in OOT. For years you could farm like 2k plat per hour on that island. Not anymore. Much less plat in Green's economy.

beh
08-10-2020, 01:36 PM
I think VP won't be as big of a deal since most won't have keys until Velious, thereby having juicier targets and fresh /list camps to farm.

Correct; There won't even be more than 2 (maybe only 1?) guilds with an unassisted Trakanon kill until velious is already out. Blue had two guilds (let's be honest it was really only one for a while) in VP through all the years of blue's kunark era.

Bardp1999
08-10-2020, 01:38 PM
Fungi will probably be a list camp because the staff is a nerfed/removed item

Welcome to Que99

beh
08-10-2020, 01:44 PM
Fungi will probably be a list camp because the staff is a nerfed/removed item

Welcome to Que99

You can't solo the fungi king room, so it's a bit more complicated than a bunch of people sitting in a room killing green cons with pets while AFK. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out later on when the server is saturated with level 60s, but at first you will be hard pressed to find a pickup group to do a camp that challenging. 51-60 takes longer than 1-50.

Bardp1999
08-10-2020, 01:54 PM
You can't solo the fungi king room, so it's a bit more complicated than a bunch of people sitting in a room killing green cons with pets while AFK. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out later on when the server is saturated with level 60s, but at first you will be hard pressed to find a pickup group to do a camp that challenging. 51-60 takes longer than 1-50.

So here are the only items that could possibly be a list camp in Kunark (unless they make VP key mobs list?), and 2 of them are the Fungus King himself

Fungus Covered Great Staff - originally this right-click group-targetable Fungal Regrowth effect could be cast by anyone from an inventory slot. Especially powerful for Necromancers, among others. Replaced with Fungi Covered Great Staff which require it be equipped. to cast - in effect, making it usable by only Druids and Shamans. (ref)

Locket of Escape - allowed any class, including melee, to bind anywhere that a caster could normally bind themselves. Particularly useful for binding in the Timorous Deep firepot room, as well as in the Plane of Mischief. Removed from the game a few days after the release of Kunark.

Robe of Living Fungus - the regeneration effect on the robe was removed retroactively approximately six weeks after the release of Kunark. The only worn Fungal Regrowth armor then becomes Fungus Covered Scale Tunic. (ref)

Barbed Scale Whip - similar to the twig this 4/11 weapon is extremely powerful with the main hand damage bonus. Originally PRI/SEC, nerfed to offhand only (8/13/11 patch) and later the drop was replaced with a 8/22 whip named Scale Hide Whip.

Blade of the Black Dragon Eye - deemed too powerful to drop from reets in Old Sebilis. Moved to Veeshan's Peak as Sword of the Shissar and replaced in Sebilis with Blade of the Green Dragon Eye (ref).

Brokenskull Club - no longer drops.

Mosscovered Twig - super low delay made it extremely powerful due to the mainhand damage bonus. Made offhand only (8/13/11 patch). Later drop changed to Mosscovered Branch.

Polyphenomenal Axe - no longer drops.

Ringed Mace of the Ykesha - no longer drops.

Rod of Annihilation - removed from the game (ref).

Rod of Mourning - 29/36 two hand blunt removed from the game, replaced by the 25/36 Rod of Lamentation (ref).

Runed Fighters Staff - the damage/delay ratio coupled with the low delay and 2H damage bonus was deemed overly powerful, particularly in the hands of monks. Replaced with the Imbued Fighters Staff which doubles both the damage and delay.

Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding - removed from the game. Only one known to have dropped. (ref1, ref2)

Warding Star - no longer drops. Moved to Veeshan's Peak as Star of the Guardian and replaced in Howling Stones with Guardians Mace

Nuggie
08-10-2020, 02:12 PM
Correct; There won't even be more than 2 (maybe only 1?) guilds with an unassisted Trakanon kill until velious is already out. Blue had two guilds (let's be honest it was really only one for a while) in VP through all the years of blue's kunark era.

I don't know that it matters if only 1 guild has an unassisted(read as "guilds without allies helping") kill. I think I have pals in every guild at this point. What's to keep a group of pals from killing stuff in VP regardless of guild tag?

Faiding
08-10-2020, 02:33 PM
It's crazy that there were so many OP items (then nerfed) in Kunark because Verant/Sony intended it to be EQ's last and only expansion. The idea was to just let players get crazy powerful.

Baler
08-10-2020, 02:36 PM
fungi will 100% be a list camp

Bardp1999
08-10-2020, 03:02 PM

It would almost be more of a griefing shit fest if they made it a list camp instead of a regular camp. People would refuse to help kill mobs, intentionally let people die and not rez them ect ect ect. It's legitimately the hardest camp on P99? Keyed dungeon, tons of mobs that hit like a truck, tricky pulls, constant threat of adds, and if you zone out its not exactly a breeze to get back there (especially at level 55 or whatever). It will take a fully functioning group operating efficiently to hold the camp for a long while (eventually it will be a enchanter/shaman/monk trio but hopefully not for a long time).

The problem with it not being a list camp is that the same 15 ass fucks are going to have 95% of the fungi on the server for the entire duration of Kunark. People still go full autism on Blue and there are literally more Tunics on the server than players at this point - "damned if you do, damned if you don't" comes to mind.

And its not even the tunic that will be the most valuable or sought after, the prenerfed staff is worth literally a million PP on Blue - People are going to lose their family's and jobs camping this item and probably not care.

beh
08-10-2020, 03:45 PM
I don't know that it matters if only 1 guild has an unassisted(read as "guilds without allies helping") kill. I think I have pals in every guild at this point. What's to keep a group of pals from killing stuff in VP regardless of guild tag?

You're going to have to wait a very long time to get yourself a VP key if it's not your guild running the raid... unless Seal Team or whoever it is decides to let people open roll for Trak's teeth? I just don't see it. The guilds capable of killing Trakanon will do it in perpetuity even if their entire guild has 3 alts each with VP keys, just to keep others out.

Baler
08-10-2020, 03:45 PM
I 100% experienced staff showing up at Jboots and Manastone..

Staff will be showing up at Fungi for anyone who wants to try dumb shit.

beh
08-10-2020, 03:48 PM

I get why you and other people say this, and it may very well wind up that way months from release, but I don't see a reason for it as soon as Kunark launches because there won't be enough people to just show up /list and afk at a camp like that. It takes more than just invis and knowing how to get to the camp, to get to that camp. Not to mention if your group's not level 57-60 you shouldn't even bother trying without 10+ people, and it's going to take quite a while for the non-hardcores to get to that level range.