PDA

View Full Version : Kunark waiting...

SewingMachine
08-06-2020, 01:29 PM
I am just biding my time till Kunark comes out. Iksar race is not only great but no one has a better starting area 1-20 then Iksar, and there city is just 10/10. Cant wait to make a Necro and level with the horde of Iksar and fight over every skeleton in Kurns.

Bring out them kunarks

Bigsham
08-06-2020, 01:36 PM
Steamfont / gfay best starting area

sorry you lost and your lizard people are dogshit, the gnomes will rule norrath forever

we even invent mechanical shit

Taiku
08-06-2020, 01:36 PM
Does the bone chip quest in cab give decent exp lower level like the kaladim one? might be cool to stock up on chips and then get a friend to transfer, to skip a bit of the madness!

SewingMachine
08-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Does the bone chip quest in cab give decent exp lower level like the kaladim one? might be cool to stock up on chips and then get a friend to transfer, to skip a bit of the madness!

I dont think that quest was every good past lvl 3. Not a bad idea, but transferring bags of bonechips will be a pain for sure tho.

SewingMachine
08-06-2020, 01:39 PM

sorry you lost and your lizard people are dogshit, the gnomes will rule norrath forever

we even invent mechanical shit

Deep down inside your heart you know that Iksar have the best starting zone. its ok if you are trying to save face, but the Iksar have the best starting zone easy.

douglas1999
08-06-2020, 03:07 PM
It's pronounced "than" and "their"

Tunabros
08-06-2020, 06:49 PM

only bad part is that unrest and crushbone are usually packed and takes forever to find groups :rolleyes:

Skarne
08-06-2020, 06:53 PM
Qeynos is my personal favorite starting city. Love that area.

Bigsham
08-06-2020, 08:38 PM
bone chips nerfed to death like everything on p99

nerfing cb belts is a nail in the coffin for me

Vizax_Xaziv
08-06-2020, 09:25 PM

Qeynos/Karanas etc is very laid back and relaxing area to level up for sure.

Especially for solo-able classes - loads of open space to kite and sit and med etc.

mcoy
08-06-2020, 09:48 PM

I dunno - there's something about hitting level 5 and thinking "I should check out East Commonlands" and finding the first inn, then the tunnel, then you venture a bit further and suddenly winged death in the form of the Griffin you never expected obliterates you! Phew! This time, I'll med in one of the inns. They have guards so surely they're safe...

Freeport starting area wins in my book. No sarcasm - that was my introduction to the world of Norrath.

-Mcoy

Skarne
08-06-2020, 10:16 PM
Oh definitely a special place in my heart as well. For me, Qeynos hills was the first indescribable gaming experience I’ve ever held dear. Then the vastness of the karanas after I out leveled that area, it blew my 8 year old mind. Once I heard about Freeport I remember being obsessed with reaching the destination.

zaneosak
08-06-2020, 10:18 PM
Qeynos is so good for a brand new server. You can be rich via the Bandit bronze weapons and bandit sash turn ins and never have to worry about spells again til the late 20s. Something about Field of Bone pit groups is just classic though.

DMN
08-06-2020, 11:20 PM
Shut up about kunark already. It will get here when it gets here. And you are really not going to enjoy the kunark shitpie when your face is getting dunked in it.

Zuranthium
08-06-2020, 11:32 PM
All of the starting areas are quite charming if it's what you experienced first and if there's a population to play with...except Toxxulia. Yeesh. I find the newbie yard of Paineel to be lame too, it doesn't fit in with the surroundings, literally just looks like a hastily plopped in space so that Evil Erudites wouldn't have such an agonizing newbie experience. I'd like to see that area redesigned, and there should be a whole other zone up next to Erudin for the Good Erudites - The Grand Plateau. Then you could also redesign Toxxulia as a mid-level zone.

TheRusty
08-09-2020, 11:53 AM

The Field of Bone bone chip quest was always a faction quest. The XP is garbage.

A Knight
08-12-2020, 08:23 PM
i miss EQ. Hopefully i can play an iksar

Swish
08-12-2020, 08:43 PM
I am just biding my time till Kunark comes out. Iksar race is not only great but no one has a better starting area 1-20 then Iksar, and there city is just 10/10. Cant wait to make a Necro and level with the horde of Iksar and fight over every skeleton in Kurns.

Bring out them kunarks

Don't do Field of Bone on opening night whatever you do :p

cd288
08-13-2020, 12:13 AM
I dunno - there's something about hitting level 5 and thinking "I should check out East Commonlands" and finding the first inn, then the tunnel, then you venture a bit further and suddenly winged death in the form of the Griffin you never expected obliterates you! Phew! This time, I'll med in one of the inns. They have guards so surely they're safe...

Freeport starting area wins in my book. No sarcasm - that was my introduction to the world of Norrath.

-Mcoy

Agreed on FP. That was my home base and had the same experience as you

Jimjam
08-13-2020, 01:47 AM
Don't do Field of Bone on opening night whatever you do :p

Dungeon under cabilis place to be!

ScottBerta
08-13-2020, 01:53 AM
Kurns Tower +1, Crypt of Dalnir -1 .. that zone is super scary for its level.