PDA

View Full Version : Oh you were charming and died? Okay i'll take your pet weaps and p99 says that's fine

mdogornone
08-05-2020, 11:03 PM
long title for a reason.

We died in LCY in KC, i got rezzed in less than 10 minutes and when went back to LCY to find a 60 wizard and a 60 druid holding 7 mons and farming them, including my mon with my Ghoulbane. I said to them that was my pet and my Ghoulbane, he said "i never looted a Ghoulbane" when 2 people saw him loot it. I submitted a petition to p99, and they said it's 100% fair. This is fucked up. There are 2 classes that become 70% less useful if you say screw you to pet weapons. This is a disgusting act and i'm disgusted that p99 staff are completely fine with it.

waltjig
08-05-2020, 11:14 PM
Oh man you are about to get roasted

N0tClassic
08-05-2020, 11:37 PM
long title for a reason.

We died in LCY in KC, i got rezzed in less than 10 minutes and when went back to LCY to find a 60 wizard and a 60 druid holding 7 mons and farming them, including my mon with my Ghoulbane. I said to them that was my pet and my Ghoulbane, he said "i never looted a Ghoulbane" when 2 people saw him loot it. I submitted a petition to p99, and they said it's 100% fair. This is fucked up. There are 2 classes that become 70% less useful if you say screw you to pet weapons. This is a disgusting act and i'm disgusted that p99 staff are completely fine with it.

Be thankful you can charm a mob that will be more powerful than any other class pet in the game and even have the option to give it a GB

Fucking whiny BITCH

kaizersoze
08-05-2020, 11:49 PM
People have lost much more plat worth of stuff than a ghoulbane in the depths of howling stones im sure.

cd288
08-05-2020, 11:59 PM
If you are willing to give a pet a ghoulbane you clearly have lots of plat otherwise you wouldn’t do it. So just go buy a new one if you care that much

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 12:13 AM

Vdaria
08-06-2020, 12:17 AM
high risk, high reward entails high risk

Tunabros
08-06-2020, 12:47 AM
not against the rules but that kinda sucks man =(

Castle2.0
08-06-2020, 12:51 AM
KC? What is a KC? You mean KFC, don't you? The real server doesn't have a "KC", but maybe the beta server for betas who are still learning the ropes.

Don't worry (beta) man, all the stuff on beta is gonna poof and reset when the test is over. Join the real server with real men! Our loot is as real as we are real manly men *major alpha flex* We keep our loot and display it proudly in our stately homes!

I'm off to play some polo, smoke some cubans, and discuss recently acquired loot through much skill.

Sorry your fake loot got fake stolen by fake elves.

Jibartik
08-06-2020, 01:27 AM
One time on Rallos Zek I cried in real life when someone PKed me and took my weapon.

Albanwr
08-06-2020, 01:32 AM
sorry you lost your low level weapon.

FatMice
08-06-2020, 01:43 AM
One time on Rallos Zek I cried in real life when someone PKed me and took my weapon.

that sweet sweet nostalgia

mdogornone
08-06-2020, 02:00 AM
If you are willing to give a pet a ghoulbane you clearly have lots of plat otherwise you wouldn’t do it. So just go buy a new one if you care that much

yeah no. I was given a ghoulbane by someone who doesn't play anymore.

mdogornone
08-06-2020, 02:01 AM

if this were true btw, and 900p meant nothing to me, why would i waste my time posting here about it?

Terrible deduction

Nirgon
08-06-2020, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=Albanwr;3166262]sorry you lost /QUOTE]

Playing on the beta server, double oof

Vdaria
08-06-2020, 02:05 AM
if this were true btw, and 900p meant nothing to me, why would i waste my time posting here about it?

Terrible deduction

what if your pet had died while holding the ghoulbane because of a poor internet connection? why wager what you couldn't afford to lose?

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 02:11 AM

Terrible deduction

Implying this isn't a waste of time either way

RecondoJoe
08-06-2020, 02:19 AM

Of course I'm not shocked that someone whose entire guild revolves around stealing camps and items from other players would think this way.

The difference between shit-bags like you and normal human beings is that if an old lady lost $500 in a parking lot, the rest of us would help her look for it -- you would try to steal it.

Just because something is "legal" does not make it okay.

Convict
08-06-2020, 02:21 AM
reminds me of a time I went to solo some HS south and ran into some chanters old charm pet who either died or had to gate out and logged in frustration. It had like over 10k plat worth of shit on it... the works, all the -MR gear, dawnfire, steel hilted flint dagger, etc.

RecondoJoe
08-06-2020, 02:24 AM
Implying this isn't a waste of time either way

I don't think someone who has spent the last 10 months camping Hadden 18 hours a day, 7 days a week should be lecturing other people about what is or isn't a waste of time.

https://i.imgur.com/HCgHuby.png

It's clear that you haven't worked in years, so your concept of time is vastly different than the rest of us who have to work so we can pay taxes to support people like you and your guild mates.

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 02:26 AM
I don't think someone who has spent the last 10 months camping Hadden 18 hours a day, 7 days a week should be lecturing other people about what is or isn't a waste of time.

https://i.imgur.com/HCgHuby.png

It's clear that you haven't worked in years, so your concept of time is vastly different than the rest of us who have to work so we can pay taxes to support people like you and your guild mates.

dang you got me

RecondoJoe
08-06-2020, 02:27 AM
dang you got me

It's really sad, but then again, so is maining a Taxi Cab in 2020. I guess farming level 10 mobs is the pinnacle of high-level Druid gameplay.

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 02:29 AM
It's really sad, but then again, so is maining a Taxi Cab in 2020. I guess farming level 10 mobs is the pinnacle of high-level Druid gameplay.
man i am so owned right now you guys
this guy is very correct and reasonable and mentally healthy. i dunno what i am gonna do you guys

RecondoJoe
08-06-2020, 02:30 AM
man i am so owned right now you guys
this guy is very correct and reasonable and mentally healthy. i dunno what i am gonna do you guys

You own yourself just by existing.

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 02:42 AM
You own yourself just by existing.

Man I am glad you're on I am getting bored at Hadden you should come by and I'll give you a dry handy while I tell you about my day

RecondoJoe
08-06-2020, 02:43 AM
Man I am glad you're on I am getting bored at Hadden you should come by and I'll give you a dry handy while I tell you about my day

When is the last time you worked? Are you on disability?

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 02:46 AM
When is the last time you worked? Are you on disability?

Yeah man it's real rough I broke my leg running from the cops see I stole like six baguettes and that really weighs me down since I passed the 400lb mark last year so anyway i been milking disability and unemployment to buy meth for me and the nine stray dogs that i have to bribe not to eat me while i lay under the window at mcdonalds and steal their wifi to camp hadden 18 hours a day 7 days a week

charmcitysking
08-06-2020, 03:43 AM
imagine bragging having an Associate's degree

Videri
08-06-2020, 04:42 AM
...a 60 wizard and a 60 druid holding 7 mons and farming them, including my mon...

Let's all start calling NPCs mons now, please.

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 06:03 AM
Let's all start calling NPCs mons now, please.
Very favorite mon is Haddenmon

Jimjam
08-06-2020, 06:19 AM
If you give someone a gift or sell it to them then it belongs to them. Not you. Even if they are an NPC that was at some point under your spell.

Also note even in classic you didn’t actually own any of ‘your’ pixels. You just paid soe a subscription to let you use theirs.

Fammaden
08-06-2020, 06:54 AM
Why would you make this thread without naming the person who looted your stuff?

drackgon
08-06-2020, 07:07 AM
Hearing a enc complain on blue about a ghoul bane being lost bc they charmed.. Sigh, I am hoping OP is just trolling. I've seen peeps hand yaks to charm mob, just to have someone train them and their pet dies. Along Im sure with their rusty spike shoulders, and 2x rings. Cry a huge river over a ghoul bane. Even on Green(beta 2.0), ghoul bane is what 500-700pp? Your an enchanter go farm a ghoulbane(or spend your tons of plat in bank bc your a dang enc(probably best and richest solo class in game), I can on a 49 monk. I am sure you can on a lvl probably 60 enc.

Zipity
08-06-2020, 08:02 AM
A torch is like 90% as effective as a ghoulbane in KC, as others have said giving your charmed pet any item is a risk that you take, if you die or gate someone can fairly kill that mob and loot said items. It always has and always will be that way. Most pet classes don’t even get items back when giving to pet. Next time I would suggest not biting off more than you can handle with an itemized pet. On my ench if I’m in a group I go for 15-20mins to make sure the group is capable before giving expensive pet kit.

TLDR. It’s your Fault you lost your items.

Stunnah
08-06-2020, 09:08 AM
suck it up, buttercup.

Kohedron
08-06-2020, 09:21 AM
"wahhhh wahhhh, I was using the most busted class in a 50 year old video game where I knew exactly what I signed up for and the one drawback happened one time! WAHHHHH WAHHH!"

BlackBellamy
08-06-2020, 10:12 AM
Yeah man it's real rough I broke my leg running from the cops see I stole like six baguettes and that really weighs me down since I passed the 400lb mark last year so anyway i been milking disability and unemployment to buy meth for me and the nine stray dogs that i have to bribe not to eat me while i lay under the window at mcdonalds and steal their wifi to camp hadden 18 hours a day 7 days a week

Dude did you take my butter tub again? I had it right next to me...now all I got is my greasy fingers which I keep sliding into my Waifu so maybe she can farm up some gnolls for me. Next time you waddle over can you help to pry me from my XL Magnum Elite Gamer chair? I sat on my cumbox and now I'm stuck. It's like glue.

Recondo thinks he can shame the shameless. That's a tough order.

Lordgordon
08-06-2020, 10:33 AM
Fucking GMs wont give you a new ghoulbane? Wtf bro that's total Bee ess and you should probably call their supervisor

LazyHydras
08-06-2020, 10:41 AM
People have lost much more plat worth of stuff than a ghoulbane in the depths of howling stones im sure.

Moment of Silence of all of the staves of undead legions left to be plundered on mobs deep in West, South, and East.

kjs86z
08-06-2020, 10:52 AM
yikes

Jimjam
08-06-2020, 11:39 AM
Fucking GMs wont give you a new ghoulbane? Wtf bro that's total Bee ess and you should probably call their supervisor

GM’s supervisor is Shin Lord. Best him in honourable combat and he will reimburse your item. Move to resolved.

Arcticflava
08-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Maybe petition to add some kind of confirmation "trade" button to the game so this tragedy does not happen again to a lowly class that stuggles to solo and farm.

Thoughts and prayers.

strongNpretty
08-06-2020, 12:38 PM
KC? What is a KC? You mean KFC, don't you? The real server doesn't have a "KC", but maybe the beta server for betas who are still learning the ropes.

Don't worry (beta) man, all the stuff on beta is gonna poof and reset when the test is over. Join the real server with real men! Our loot is as real as we are real manly men *major alpha flex* We keep our loot and display it proudly in our stately homes!

I'm off to play some polo, smoke some cubans, and discuss recently acquired loot through much skill.

You're annoying. Go outside today.

Tankwipe
08-06-2020, 01:11 PM
Dude did you take my butter tub again? I had it right next to me...now all I got is my greasy fingers which I keep sliding into my Waifu so maybe she can farm up some gnolls for me. Next time you waddle over can you help to pry me from my XL Magnum Elite Gamer chair? I sat on my cumbox and now I'm stuck. It's like glue.

Recondo thinks he can shame the shameless. That's a tough order.

Again with the cumbox. I just freed you last week!

Danth
08-06-2020, 02:17 PM
OP wouldn't get the resolution he wants in any scenario. In no world will P99 staff tell groups that they are not entitled to the loot that drops off something they camp/kill. If anything changed it'd be much more likely that they'd make items given to NPC's simply go "poof" akin to what happens to items given to summoned pets.

Never give anything to a charmed pet if you can't afford to lose it. Consider it gone as soon as you click "trade." Maybe you'll get it back maybe you won't but never treat it like a given.

Danth

Arteker
08-06-2020, 02:34 PM

would not be a troll dk named corbon and you would not beg him afterwards?

alkalinesky
08-06-2020, 02:40 PM
OP wouldn't get the resolution he wants in any scenario. In no world will P99 staff tell groups that they are not entitled to the loot that drops off something they camp/kill. If anything changed it'd be much more likely that they'd make items given to NPC's simply go "poof" akin to what happens to items given to summoned pets.

Never give anything to a charmed pet if you can't afford to lose it. Consider it gone as soon as you click "trade." Maybe you'll get it back maybe you won't but never treat it like a given.

Danth

100%. As soon as I hit trade on my pet, I schedule in farming time for more -MR gear. It's a given you're prob going to lose it. I'd never give my pet something I really want. I mean, I'd prob give back pet loot to a player if I looted it, but I wouldn't expect others to do the same.

Shanetarin
08-06-2020, 03:00 PM
Someone looted a Tranquil Staff I gave to a charmed skeletal warlord in KC, please return to me, k thx

douglas1999
08-06-2020, 03:06 PM
Who fuckin cares loser

strongNpretty
08-06-2020, 03:44 PM

Terrible deduction

Sorry that happened man, many good folks are around the server still! But with the existence of good, the bad must also exist.. So when you're feelin a bit down, just remember- At least you aren't Nirgon…...

sonicjoose
08-06-2020, 04:40 PM
Name and Shame. Or PM me the name I'll get to the bottom of this

Sancta
08-06-2020, 04:51 PM
This is actually hilarious because the wizard is me, and my druid friend was 56(?) at the time. I remember this incident because we were both directly asked if a we looted a ghoulbane when we took over an empty LCY but there wasn't any ghoulbane or anything out of the ordinary on any mob we killed. I was just PLing my druid friend in LCY. Sorry bud, your ghoulbane was in another castle (I guess).

Waedawen
08-06-2020, 05:34 PM
wait till this goomba hears about the hundreds of thousands of plat in pet weapons used on blue BEFORE the change to be able to get your weapons back

Jibartik
08-06-2020, 05:37 PM
if your pet isnt holding a discord staff and a unicorn shield idk if we can be frens.

Trexller
08-06-2020, 05:45 PM
OP why weren't you just using a torch? its alot more dps than any single 1h wep, and costs 5 silver.

Nuggie
08-06-2020, 07:09 PM
@Recondo, you're not doing this fella any favors by coddling him. I'm not sure what your angle is. Trying to make the server a better place? That will never happen. Also, you're defending someone that's slamming the GM's. not smart.

@OP, That sucks. It's frustrating. It's also possible you gave the pet kit to your charmed pet at the wrong time and you don't get it back. So they couldn't have looted it and you're the one being a dick.

Snortles Chortles
08-06-2020, 07:29 PM

Bigsham
08-06-2020, 08:45 PM

Miss those screenshots from the curse where they disarmed windblades and looted them when they were 50k e

bodenn
08-06-2020, 08:53 PM
I was there when this happened. OP complained and complained everyone told him tuff luck but move on. GM told him tuff luck. Dude went on about it for days.

NegaStoat
08-06-2020, 10:22 PM

Fug but I laughed.

Topgunben
08-07-2020, 01:33 AM

best #2 post

Jimjam
08-07-2020, 09:07 AM
if your pet isnt holding a discord staff and a unicorn shield idk if we can be frens.

This is a scam, the staff is no trade so npc destroy it on trade, even pets. Won’t equip.

Oddbaal
08-07-2020, 09:20 AM
What will the old world look like for us slow levelers as everyone else pans out and funnels to the “new” content? Asking for my young 25 season druid

trist4n
08-07-2020, 09:42 AM
Git gud.

7thGate
08-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Oof, this reminds me of when ALS killed someone's fully kitted pet during one of our guild events. I forget the specifics, but I think it might have been an icy servant in SG.

Problem was, we don't accept items from people outside the guild economy, and that includes things people put on mobs. So, since there wasn't a person around to reclaim it, we let the corpse rot. They rolled up an hour later and were both quite annoyed that their pet kit had been destroyed and did not believe us when we mentioned that we didn't loot any of it due to guild restrictions.

Arvan
08-07-2020, 04:31 PM
the karens of p99

Tankwipe
08-07-2020, 04:42 PM
the karens of p99

that's a real guild now