PDA

View Full Version : Content Explored, Order Restored (first PoD solo on Green?)

Castle2.0
08-05-2020, 06:20 PM
Did my duty as an [Acolyte of Order]

pics here https://imgur.com/a/qulEGcr

I know he has been killed before on Green, but I am curious if anyone has soloed him on Green before and has pics or video. Feel free to share.

Priest of Discord hits for 140, casts dispell/DD/stun, complete heals, and has 30,000+ hp. Wasn't easy.

Not posting screenshots of final(/interim?) quest reward from Priest of Order. You'll have to figure that one out on your own. But good luck getting him to talk. He's the strong silent type.

Scalem
08-05-2020, 06:58 PM
You didn't solo it, Nerrisia helped you kill PoD.

Baler
08-05-2020, 07:29 PM
It's not a solo kill if you have buffs from another class

You also don't have #1 DPS on green because that was nerfed into the ground.

Videri
08-05-2020, 07:30 PM
Whaaaaaat? Is that really a quest or are you pulling our legs? I believe I would have heard something about it by now.

cd288
08-05-2020, 07:59 PM

Gotta agree with Baler here. Not a true solo with buffs from another class

Castle2.0
08-05-2020, 08:06 PM

First, I used self buffs only:
jboots
arch shielding
clarity
adorning grace
rune IV
group resist magic
illusion: high elf

Second, items and classes get nerfed/buffed throughout patch history of EQ - doesn't change a record. I'm still #1 DPS on Green :cool: and I will be #1 DPS on Green during Vanilla period unless someone wants to break that record before Kunark drops :D

Castle2.0
08-05-2020, 08:16 PM
Oh, and pet had allure ;), tashania, strengthen, and swift like the wind.

Jibartik
08-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Nice! Well done with the turn in, balance restored.

But next time for such a fight dawn that pet with a rare shield and 2her for drama :)

Castle2.0
08-05-2020, 08:24 PM
Nice! Well done with the turn in, balance restored.

But next time for such a fight dawn that pet with a rare shield and 2her for drama Thanks, mate!

Mitrhil-2hander + Scute Shield. Noted. Not sure it'll happen, but I have written it on my list! Honestly, I coulda gone 2x mage swords, but when you got the fiddle from the Charlie Daniels Band (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjPAqmnvGA), which makes you dual wield with an invisible fiddle stick what else do you need?

Jibartik
08-05-2020, 08:29 PM
I can sing that whole song without needing to see the lyrics. :o

Baler
08-05-2020, 08:42 PM
I'll condede that you did kill POD, that's impressive in classic.

But I still think something gave you an edge. Video,. OBS or riot

Bigsham
08-05-2020, 08:57 PM
bet he didnt turn in the staff and robe due to being a stay at home son that will need it later

also no money in the bank in real life and chance of beard 100%

Bigsham
08-05-2020, 08:58 PM
I'll condede that you did kill POD, that's impressive in classic.

But I still think something gave you an edge. Video,. OBS or riot

You dont honestly think it has remotely close difficulty on p99 that it did on live do you?

Everything on eq emulator is a nerfed joke up until gates

Baler
08-05-2020, 08:58 PM
You dont honestly think it has remotely close difficulty on p99 that it did on live do you?

I do not. :)

Vizax_Xaziv
08-05-2020, 09:07 PM
Thanks, mate!

Mitrhil-2hander + Scute Shield. Noted. Not sure it'll happen, but I have written it on my list! Honestly, I coulda gone 2x mage swords, but when you got the fiddle from the Charlie Daniels Band (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjPAqmnvGA), which makes you dual wield with an invisible fiddle stick what else do you need?
Give my Warrior a Mith 2H and Ill attempt to kill the POD

Castle2.0
08-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Ha ha ha, always the naysayers. LOVE IT! Pumps me up. Was listening to this song when killing PoD https://soundcloud.com/quixoticsnd/schwarzenegger and the expected naysayer hate from a few negative Neds is just the chaser I was looking for, mmmmmm.

You can see full log here: https://pastebin.com/RwDNZfbz. I was in range of fight to log ~29k dmg. Pulled PoD to zone using pet back off.

If no one else can show pics or videos of a successful attempt at an earlier date, I'll be claiming that crown *meganerdlfex*

Sometimes I nerdflex so hard my glasses flex... one time I broke the bridge and it's been taped up ever since... until.... today *erhmergerdsupernerdflex* *POP*

deadlycupcak3z
08-05-2020, 10:36 PM
Wow ‘Baker’ really coming in hot with the hate. It’s like he’s still fending off encroaching lvl 3s from his spiderling spawn point in Toxx

cd288
08-05-2020, 11:54 PM
Ha ha ha, always the naysayers. LOVE IT! Pumps me up. Was listening to this song when killing PoD https://soundcloud.com/quixoticsnd/schwarzenegger and the expected naysayer hate from a few negative Neds is just the chaser I was looking for, mmmmmm.

You can see full log here: https://pastebin.com/RwDNZfbz. I was in range of fight to log ~29k dmg. Pulled PoD to zone using pet back off.

If no one else can show pics or videos of a successful attempt at an earlier date, I'll be claiming that crown *meganerdlfex*

Sometimes I nerdflex so hard my glasses flex... one time I broke the bridge and it's been taped up ever since... until.... today *erhmergerdsupernerdflex* *POP*

Did you have buffs from other players on?

Sabin76
08-05-2020, 11:58 PM
Posts #6 and 7...

Balimon
08-05-2020, 11:59 PM
Congrats dude! That's impressive. Also I fail to see what buffs from others would help him finish this fight?

Castle2.0
08-06-2020, 12:35 AM
Did you have buffs from other players on?

No, ↓

Posts #6 and 7...

Congrats dude! That's impressive. Also I fail to see what buffs from others would help him finish this fight? Thanks! The only thing that would help in such a fight would be a CHing cleric. If you haste pet, slow PoD, and sieve him til your OOM (and he probably is too) you can beat him if the stars align and without any help. But didn't need help this time, pet ended with ~45% hp.

Mazoku
08-06-2020, 01:15 AM
I soloed Priest of Discord and Priest of Order on blue as a druid. No help from anyone. Priest of discord takes me about 2 hours and Priest of order took three days of dying and 4.5 hours of NON STOP FIGHTING. If he breaks root once you can die if you're not fast enough to root. He resists a LOT and he nukes for 700.

Castle2.0
08-06-2020, 01:17 AM
I don't doubt those numbers. Tons of HP + healing. As a Druid you gotta burn all their mana then root rot em to death. If they get off a stun or root and you don't pell, it's probably instadeath. Way to go. Assuming you did this at 60?

Jibartik
08-06-2020, 01:19 AM
What buffs would an enchanter get that would help him win or lose a fight with a mob in city?

A Charisma buff?

lol

Edit: lol I see someone else pointed that out, well....then, uh... fix your fricken textures Castle smh

Castle2.0
08-06-2020, 01:24 AM
Shamans equal enchanters on CHA buffs @ 50, but the enchanter one lasts a bit longer :cool:

I just installed the game, haven't touched textures. Seen some cool projects, but I kind of just like pure classic (at least titanium/close as possible) look.

Send me some pics via DM if you got some pretty textures you wanna share - might check it out.

Sabin76
08-06-2020, 02:59 AM
I just installed the game, haven't touched textures. Seen some cool projects, but I kind of just like pure classic (at least titanium/close as possible) look.

Send me some pics via DM if you got some pretty textures you wanna share - might check it out.

I think he's talking about your robe sleeves with the PoD robe on. Something looks funky.

Jibartik
08-06-2020, 03:02 AM
The white shoes man! Dont ever update original environment textures those HD ones are a sin against Tunare. (not sorry :p ) But I strongly recommend the p99 HD character texture pack, that is pure gold. :o

But either or, fix yo shoes!: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87281

charmcitysking
08-06-2020, 04:18 AM
Congrats man - that's really really tough. I try every so often when I get bored - no success yet.

I use a hasted Nanrum in Grobb, best i've done 42%. Nice job!

cd288
08-06-2020, 09:23 AM
What buffs would an enchanter get that would help him win or lose a fight with a mob in city?

A Charisma buff?

lol

Edit: lol I see someone else pointed that out, well....then, uh... fix your fricken textures Castle smh

Cleric buffs for example that could give you more HP and AC such that you could get that needed stun off or other spell off when you otherwise would’ve died.

Castle2.0
08-06-2020, 10:09 AM
Cleric buffs for example that could give you more HP and AC such that you could get that needed stun off or other spell off when you otherwise would’ve died.

You don't understand how this engagement works.

If you're getting hit, only 1 of 2 things are happening:

You are a total noob at managing aggro. Pulling aggro off a pet quadding for 140s is actually super tough - you'd have to be trying to get aggro.
Charm broke - and you have to zone and try again. No amount of HP is gonna save your butt from PoD and your pet. There is no room to run around and remez/recharm pet while PoD is on you potentially stunning/rooting you. PoD himself cannot be mezzed. Even if you could, it's not worth it. You won't have enough mana to finish the fight. If you take any damage and have to try again you gotta regen hp. Mana regen speed > hp regen speed for enchanter.

This isn't charming in LGuk with 2x level 40ish mobs you can facetank 1 with extra hp for that next stun. It's 2x level 50 mobs in tight'ish space - one dual wielding & hasted 60%, the other unmezzable and casts root & long stun.

I can't think of a single buff (that an enchanter doesn't have) that would have any real impact on the engagement.

Castle2.0
08-06-2020, 10:33 AM
I think he's talking about your robe sleeves with the PoD robe on. Something looks funky. Ohhhh I see. My textures are fine, must be compression from imgur when I uploaded. I will check out the HD textures Jibartik recommends though - looks cool.

Congrats man - that's really really tough. I try every so often when I get bored - no success yet.

I use a hasted Nanrum in Grobb, best i've done 42%. Nice job! Thanks! Nanrum is a beast, but, he is 45 so he doesn't hit hard enough and is 5 levels lower than PoD. Still a beast for guard slaying troll guards though!

N0tClassic
08-06-2020, 10:51 AM
I was there when he did it

Legit solo kill - There was nobody else there with him

Nobody was buffing him

Haters gonna Hate

Castle2.0
08-07-2020, 09:55 AM
Thanks, N0tClassic! Haters gonna hate, indeed.

DMN
08-07-2020, 07:09 PM
How did you keep him from CHing?

Castle2.0
08-07-2020, 08:14 PM
How did you keep him from CHing?

Only 4 ways to handle CH

Melee stun (bash/slam) - unreliable with charmed pet
Spell stun (mez/whirl) - immune
Mana sieve - unresistable
DPS through it - since pet ended up with 45% hp, I might try this just to see if it's possible

I chose option 3. I sieved him 7 times. At 50, it's 310 mana drain per sieve, so 2,170 in total. Checked logs and pictures to see what spells he cast.

He attempted to cast 6 spells and only 1 of them was interrupted. None were resisted.

Immobilize on pet (80 mana)
Retribution on pet (240 mana)
Sound of Force on me (120 mana)
Word Divine PBAE (304 mana)
Nullify Magic pet (50 mana)
Nullify (pet interrupts)

After that final nullify attempt I landed my 7th sieve. That means I drained + he spent 2,964 mana. He may have actually had more mana, but after my 7th sieve my pet got in 2-3 more rounds of melee, then he started running before he cast anything else.

I am curious what the mana calculation is for NPCs.

On a side note. I casted Tashania (unresistable) and used the level 24 slow Tepid Deeds (most mana efficient) 5 times and it only landed twice. Never let it wear off. Other than Tash, mana sieve, and slow I cast strengthen once on pet after dispell to keep top buff slots full so charm was less likely to be dispelled.

Bigsham
08-07-2020, 08:20 PM
I soloed Priest of Discord and Priest of Order on blue as a druid. No help from anyone. Priest of discord takes me about 2 hours and Priest of order took three days of dying and 4.5 hours of NON STOP FIGHTING. If he breaks root once you can die if you're not fast enough to root. He resists a LOT and he nukes for 700.

video or ill assume drug induced beard posting of college graduate living with mom till 45

DMN
08-07-2020, 09:14 PM
video or ill assume drug induced beard posting of college graduate living with mom till 45

Really not that hard. you just keep him rooted and DoTed. Break line of sight as much as you can. Would be especially easy on blue since snare and roots stack so you could be 100% sure he will never get a chance to heal.

Jibartik
08-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Only 4 ways to handle CH

Melee stun (bash/slam) - unreliable with charmed pet
Spell stun (mez/whirl) - immune
Mana sieve - unresistable
DPS through it - since pet ended up with 45% hp, I might try this just to see if it's possible

I chose option 3. I sieved him 7 times. At 50, it's 310 mana drain per sieve, so 2,170 in total. Checked logs and pictures to see what spells he cast.

He attempted to cast 6 spells and only 1 of them was interrupted. None were resisted.

Immobilize on pet (80 mana)
Retribution on pet (240 mana)
Sound of Force on me (120 mana)
Word Divine PBAE (304 mana)
Nullify Magic pet (50 mana)
Nullify (pet interrupts)

After that final nullify attempt I landed my 7th sieve. That means I drained + he spent 2,964 mana. He may have actually had more mana, but after my 7th sieve my pet got in 2-3 more rounds of melee, then he started running before he cast anything else.

I am curious what the mana calculation is for NPCs.

On a side note. I casted Tashania (unresistable) and used the level 24 slow Tepid Deeds (most mana efficient) 5 times and it only landed twice. Never let it wear off. Other than Tash, mana sieve, and slow I cast strengthen once on pet after dispell to keep top buff slots full so charm was less likely to be dispelled.

Castle:
https://i.imgur.com/oF8nMCD.gif

Me: I SPAMMED MAINA SUCK TULL I FULT WAS ENUF

Castle2.0
08-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Haha, maybe one day. I still don't know his mana pool or mana pool calc for NPCs in general. Something worth exploring... and that's why I still play EQ :)

Castle2.0
09-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Received some PMs on forums of people being inspired and pulling it off.

Anyone wanna share their stories here?

Tunabros
09-10-2020, 09:42 PM
I tried it and died

Daemrius
09-12-2020, 12:31 PM
This thread is meaningless. I soloed him like 6 months ago on green. Nothing to see here. Move along

Jibartik
09-12-2020, 01:38 PM
If a tree falls...

It makes a sound, grats daemrius! But its not meaningless it's

https://i.imgur.com/NLFgIpE.gif

Castle2.0
09-12-2020, 04:38 PM
This thread is meaningless. I soloed him like 6 months ago on green. Nothing to see here. Move along So long ago. I'm sure the kids back then would say things like "cool story bro" and "pics or it didn't happen." Very apropos here ;)

Nybras
10-15-2020, 07:02 PM
Congrats on the kill I had returned from a break and saw this thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daXp-TyeL5k thought it would be a fun challenge his Dispels were a little tricky and I expected a Complete Heal but he never cast the spell

Castle2.0
10-15-2020, 07:22 PM
You benefitted from the tangible power of newbie /cheers. DISQUALIFIED!

I have seem him CH in one of my fights (which is why I mana sieved in future fights) and he is a 50 cleric so he has the spell for sure.

Grats!