PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for ishva bae

nphixion
08-02-2020, 05:16 PM
So I did Grimrot with my guildies where we supported eachother through the month of April until we each got our 10 wis backslot. I was sure I was done with the insanity! But then I learn that Ishva Mal is going to be on a ... /list? a 36 hour list !! ahhhh!

But okay, "there's no way that its going to be a clickbox for a 36 hour mob" I thought to myself. but then I /list at #7 and the clickboxes start coming! LOL!

I think its a 50% chance of drop? So I just want to humbly submit and suggest that Ishva Bae's summon corpse be changed from a 50% drop chance to a 100% drop chance and that it can drop up to 5 copies of Summon Corpse at once.

I would never suggest this unless I strongly felt the clickbox is absolutely debilitating lol.

Yes - people can/will drop over the next few hours...effectively lowering my commitment from 10.5 days minimum (assuming it drops 100% of the time for the next 7 ishva mals) to ~ 7 days. But...Thats still a bit...extraordinarily difficult to maintain one's clickbox composure? Can anyone cosign this??

Jibartik
08-02-2020, 05:18 PM
What we should do is put a merchant in EC that sells it! :o

Also that story of grimrot sounds super cool congrats! Very powerful.

FipYDarkPaw
08-02-2020, 05:28 PM
The list camp on ishva is rogeans passive aggressive punishment for players locking down the camp. The funny thing is the guild that locked down the camp doesn’t need to click an afk box every 15 mins for 7+ days straight because they already got enough copies!

I mean you can’t possibly expect someone to click an afk box for even 36 hours straight. That’s madness.

cd288
08-02-2020, 05:29 PM
It’s a list mob because a certain guild was keeping it camped 24/7 and refusing to respond to any tells to create any sort of player made list and just passing the camp between them instead so that they could use summon corpse to skip multiple islands in Sky and be “better” than the other guilds

nphixion
08-02-2020, 06:13 PM
oh wow! I just got back after hiatus. So the spell was dropping on a non-list system and then basically everyone else was punished as a result of being locked out?

I like this list system for legacy items and other overpowered shtuff but I don't think we should be clicking a box. I'm 10.5 days minimum away from getting a chance at ishva. 50% chance of dropping that could go up to 20+ days easy starting @ #7

nphixion
08-02-2020, 06:14 PM
oh wow! I just got back after hiatus. So the spell was dropping on a non-list system and then basically everyone else was punished as a result of being locked out?

I like this list system for legacy items and other overpowered shtuff but I don't think we should be clicking a box. I'm 10.5 days minimum away from getting a chance at ishva. 50% chance of dropping that could go up to 20+ days easy starting @ #7

Also sidenote: ST is currently #2, #3 and #4 on the /list. Lol.

douglas1999
08-02-2020, 06:48 PM
Everyone else was already being punished for not being in seal team. At least now you have some kind of chance. There's no good solution to this type of thing, but it's at least a marginal improvement.

kauvian
08-02-2020, 07:33 PM
Might I suggest P99 Red

Bigsham
08-02-2020, 07:39 PM
thread reaks of non classic and 10 wis back slot item LOL

see you in thurgadin

( i wont be there )

Widan
08-02-2020, 07:59 PM
There's no good solution to this type of thing

Wrong, don't allow summon corpse past island 1. Problem solved as it was obviously not intended to be used this way.

douglas1999
08-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Well yeah, that too

kauvian
08-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Wrong, don't allow summon corpse past island 1. Problem solved as it was obviously not intended to be used this way.

Really?

Because we used it in sky all the time 20 years ago.

Widan
08-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Really?

Because we used it in sky all the time 20 years ago.

It was only two sentences but you still failed to comprehend it somehow

Jibartik
08-02-2020, 08:30 PM
In wow they fix these things, superior game? :o

Coridan
08-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Everyone else was already being punished for not being in seal team. At least now you have some kind of chance. There's no good solution to this type of thing, but it's at least a marginal improvement.

Sure there is, suspend leaders when their entire guild is engaging in coordinated anti-social behavior.

zodium
08-06-2020, 12:19 PM

just increase the drop rate for the dozen or so items where perfect foreknowledge of the timeline is a known issue. its not at all different from how p99 doesn't allow boxing because free accounts and no login limit trivially break the game.

zaneosak
08-06-2020, 01:52 PM
Just seems weird they didnt wait til the 20 minute respawn change to the mob before /list was added. It won't be that bad of a list with the shorter respawn. I still won't get it on my necro, Tiny Coffins only ,sorry friends.

Izmael
08-06-2020, 04:44 PM
In wow they fix these things, superior game? :o

Food for thought.

Stuff that P99 players like EQ for and use on everyday basis is, for a large part, stuff that wasn't meant to be, by the original dev team.

Kiting, fear kiting, charm soloing, quad kiting, pet chaining, FD splitting, CH rotation, swarming, powerleveling, EC flipping...and so many others I fail to think of at this moment.

All these things are essentially exploits but we couldn't imagine playing this game without them. Maybe this is what makes classic EQ the best game in its category, the fact that some exploits are considered interesting enough to be allowed to continue existing.

Jibartik
08-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Food for thought.

Stuff that P99 players like EQ for and use on everyday basis is, for a large part, stuff that wasn't meant to be, by the original dev team.

Kiting, fear kiting, charm soloing, quad kiting, pet chaining, FD splitting, CH rotation, swarming, powerleveling, EC flipping...and so many others I fail to think of at this moment.

All these things are essentially exploits but we couldn't imagine playing this game without them. Maybe this is what makes classic EQ the best game in its category, the fact that some exploits are considered interesting enough to be allowed to continue existing.

Yes.

I believe everquest is the greatest game for this stupid reason:

1. in real life the limit is up to you to define, cant breathe in space? Figure out how to use a helmet.
2. in wow, the limit is up to the game designer to define. NO HELMETS ALLOWED.
3. in everquest, it's up to us to discover and not tell anyone about. "if I cast a spell in a weird way, and combo it with this item, it makes the effect of a helmet and I can go to space and do cooooool things that were never dreamed of."

EQ is real life.

Wow is some designers wack ass fantasy that I dont care about.

:o

Perennial
08-08-2020, 11:30 PM
C Heal rotation not intended? They made 32K HP mobs that required more than 1 group to kill it - I'm pretty sure they saw the C heal coordination coming.