PDA

View Full Version : How much will earth staff go for when epics drop?

Vdaria
07-25-2020, 06:10 AM
I was thinking 500k, does that sound like a good number? Trying to figure out just how many hill giants I'm gonna have to kill.

SyanideGas
07-25-2020, 06:52 AM
You're probably in the ballpark for sure

Jimjam
07-25-2020, 07:52 AM
What liquid worth do the top two mages own?

putrid_plum
07-25-2020, 08:37 AM
I heard mages don't even want their epics, thats what all the posts say... they say water pet plus staff is the true mage epic.

Jimjam
07-25-2020, 09:09 AM
I heard mages don't even want their epics, thats what all the posts say... they say water pet plus staff is the true mage epic.

Velious really missed the boat for mages. There should have been a level 60 monster summoning spell with a primal focusing staff that would pull the juvenile form of the sleeper (as a white drake) as a pet which combined the powers of all 4 elements.... but give it dragon breath just to make enchanters hate it.

Trexller
07-25-2020, 09:32 AM

Yeah the 60 water pet and the water staff focus makes a pretty badass pet. It's 2nd best pet to epic. my 60 mage on blue has been epicless for years and doing fine. Epic pet is a badass but you cannot chain pets nearly as effectively. You pretty much gotta start with epic pet and then chain 57 earth or 60 water.

Also the earth staff on blue goes for like 800k to 1 million. I would expect green to be about there, given that there will be so many more people trying to get it

Nirgon
07-25-2020, 09:55 AM
epic MQ sales are gonna get cry bullied big time

Bones
07-25-2020, 10:39 AM
yeah unfortunately the earth staff never went for less than like 500k afaik and topping out at as high as 800k~ish to even a million plat for its average price on blue. How many years of kunark and velious is that with that staff still being one of the most valuable drops in the game?

It doesnt help that green has an over excessive amount of mages compared to what even blue had. Trying to get epic as a mage on green is going to be an absolute shit show of biblical proportion, especially once the farm team starts permacamping their farm bots at the fountain and tailoring their in game and IRL schedule around farming earth staff for months to possibly even years like they did/probably still doing on blue.

Vdaria
07-25-2020, 11:26 AM

I got it on blue and I really wanna get it on green for some reason. But you're right, water staff plus water pet is really damn good.

Pint
07-25-2020, 11:41 AM
Gms going to make yall share inny or is the top guild not using Dkp?

turbosilk
07-25-2020, 11:50 AM
I imagine it won't be for sale for a long time.

Jimjam
07-25-2020, 02:31 PM
I imagine it won't be for sale for a long time.

Maybe not on the open market, but I’m sure there will be favours paid and politics played to ‘buy’ the first one...

Castle2.0
07-25-2020, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't bet on a specific price, but I would bet it's close to whatever a manastone is selling for on Green.

Maybe the first few that go on market will go for a premium, but within a few months of epics being out, 1 manastone work of plat is my prediction.

Baler
07-25-2020, 04:46 PM
500k-1m plat unless the staff make a change

remember that EPIC comes at the END of Kunark!

Christina.
07-25-2020, 05:18 PM
Water staff + 60 pet is great but nothing like having that cool looking orb in your hand lol.

Izmael
07-25-2020, 07:10 PM
Water staff + 60 pet is great but nothing like having that cool looking orb in your hand lol.

If anything, mage epic looks amazing indeed.

Bigsham
07-25-2020, 07:24 PM
drops from trash on aradune every mage gets an epic !

one a week on p99 green LOL ( not even every week )

Bigsham
07-25-2020, 07:24 PM

Bump that thread where you have everything but your earth staff asking for help we all need a chuckle

cd288
07-25-2020, 11:13 PM
drops from trash on aradune every mage gets an epic !

one a week on p99 green LOL ( not even every week )

Why do you play here then? You seem to enjoy easy mode TLPs a lot more so why are you here at all?

MaCtastic
07-26-2020, 12:22 AM
Those who think green is toxic now have another thing coming once epics drop. We may lose some players due to blood pressure complications.

Swish
07-26-2020, 01:58 AM
Fat cats / guild bankers this is your chance to make it a 7-figure amount.

Swish
07-26-2020, 01:58 AM
Maybe not on the open market, but I’m sure there will be favours paid and politics played to ‘buy’ the first one...

What are you implying Jimjim?

Baler
07-26-2020, 02:00 AM
What are you implying Jimjim?

Get into one of those non-dkp guilds and kiss ass to the guild leader. :rolleyes:

ps. Never done this and still did well for myself.

&@Jimjam, I hear ya loud and clear, no doubt.

Jibartik
07-26-2020, 02:02 AM
Those who think green is toxic now have another thing coming once epics drop. We may lose some players due to blood pressure complications.

Accepting apps for <dial a VP key> that will have someone camping the VP mobs 24/7

Baler
07-26-2020, 02:03 AM
Accepting apps for <dial a VP key> that will have someone camping the VP mobs 24/7

LMAO, real
Dreadlands
Kaesora
Trakanon's teeth

It's going to be petition quest..

Jibartik
07-26-2020, 02:06 AM
<Dial a VP key> has decided that VP will be off limits until nerfs, to better balance the server.

Nuggie
07-26-2020, 12:15 PM
The offers from one of the current staves are pretty steep, and epics are a year away.

Also, focus earth pet is 2x the monster focus water pet is.

Nuggie
07-26-2020, 12:39 PM
The VP key dropped don't come until VP, right? So right before Velious? I honestly don't see key parts selling for that much with everyone farming HoT gear.

Jibartik
07-26-2020, 12:47 PM
Haha truthfully I don’t know kunarks schedule

Castle2.0
07-27-2020, 06:58 AM
I don't know about this one bros...

Sounds like someone selling an item whilst hyping the price of said item.

Can you at least have bullet points why it it's so awesome and actually make a freaking case here?

Lothisu
07-27-2020, 12:33 PM

I bet Lineage will have the VP mobs on lockdown since they can't kill anything else :D:D:D:D

Vdaria
08-01-2020, 05:44 AM
I don't know about this one bros...

Sounds like someone selling an item whilst hyping the price of said item.

Can you at least have bullet points why it it's so awesome and actually make a freaking case here?

I farmed my epic on blue. I sat there at the fountain and hit track every 10 sec for like 3 months, beating farm team with my guild occasionally and finally getting my staff. I don’t want to do that again, and even if I did many mages both in my guild and outside my guild would do the same thing; moreover I can’t camp it anyway because I have a job now. I can however trade up to the value of the staff...eventually. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happy to pay eg 50k for the staff, but that’s just not going to happen.

zodium
08-01-2020, 08:17 AM
imagine if they had just dramatically increased the drop rates on the dozen or so items for which we all possessed perfect foreknowledge would be a huge quagmire from both live and the decade long beta test of green

Lothisu
08-01-2020, 07:09 PM
I farmed my epic on blue. I sat there at the fountain and hit track every 10 sec for like 3 months, beating farm team with my guild occasionally and finally getting my staff. I don’t want to do that again, and even if I did many mages both in my guild and outside my guild would do the same thing; moreover I can’t camp it anyway because I have a job now. I can however trade up to the value of the staff...eventually. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happy to pay eg 50k for the staff, but that’s just not going to happen.

In fairness you are assuming the "farm team" actually saw the staff drop more then twice lol.

Vdaria
08-02-2020, 06:07 AM
In fairness you are assuming the "farm team" actually saw the staff drop more then twice lol.

yeah that's true; i bet they were as disappointed as me every time they won magi and got an apothic crown. and anyway I'm not saying they were some degenerate force of evil, I'm just saying when you add any competition at all, camping the staff is almost too difficult (esp. if you have a life outside the game) and at the very least not much fun.

Bigsham
08-02-2020, 11:30 AM
yea all these kids have life outside p99

funny

Vizax_Xaziv
08-02-2020, 09:53 PM
I'm just gonna assume that the Earth Staff will basically be invaluable for the life cycle of Green.

If any DO actually end up for sale they'll be north of 1 million plat easy.