PDA

View Full Version : Environment guild idea for Green 2.0

Videri
07-25-2020, 03:01 AM
I just had an idea for a concept guild for the next iteration of Green server: a guild where everyone's main is a Dark Elf wizard.

You can primarily play an alt of another class, but it's an alt and may be subject to DKP bidding restrictions. Additionally, alts must be of the following races:
Cleric: Dark Elf
Enchanter: Dark Elf, agnostic
Necromancer: Dark Elf
Magician: Dark Elf
Wizard: Dark Elf (yes, you can main a DE wizard and have another DE wizard as alt)
Shadow Knight: Dark Elf
Warrior: Dark Elf
Rogue: Dark Elf
Shaman: Troll of Innoruuk. Try to get a Guise.
Monk: Human or Iksar (?)
Bard: any race, Rallos Zek deity, DO NOT KILL CRUSHBONE ORCS. After Guise of the Deceiver is removed from the game, Mask of Deception is required on raids for all bards. And yes, you must keep DE illusion up at all times on raids. Have some pride.
Druid: any race, any deity. Try to get a Guise. No druids on raids (just play your wizard).
Paladin: no
Ranger: gods no

Think of it: a Dark Elf cleric, a Dark Elf shadow knight, and four freakin' wizards leveling up in Nektulos, Lavastorm, Najena, SolA. Quad groups of 4 wizards and 2 bards tag-teaming outdoor zones. Wizard tennis (aggro ping-pong with nukes and flux staff). Later on, the raids would just be a swarm of Dark Elves.

Advantages:
• Raids would end up being 1-2 tanks, some clerics, a couple support classes, and like 20-40 wizards. Raid mobs just go *piff*. Nagafen? Toast. Vox? Melted. Gorenaire? Our little pet dragon.
• Raid success is possible with minimal gear. Naked wizards still nuke the same.
• Super easy to gear your main with int and resists and direct hp.
• Roster would be exceedingly straightforward: everyone's main is a Dark Elf wizard. You can address fellow members by the name of their Dark Elf wizard.
• :eek: Do we have enough wizards to port up to Hate right now??? Yes. Very yes. :cool:
• You don't have to buff 30 melees on a raid. Just put some HP and resists on the wizards and cover your ears.
• We all need the same items, so we all know what everyone else needs. Do you have your flux staff? I'll help you with the Stone Skeletons. Impskin gloves? I'll show you where they drop. Instant-click Thurg pants? etc.
• Every officer can port.

Disadvantages:
• Everyone wants the same items, so we all have to wait in line for the same camps (Cuburt, Kindle, stone skeletons, etc).
• Trying to get planar gear for 30-50 wizards might take a long time. There are only so many frightfingers. A lot of us will be using Robe of the Oracle and SMRs for a long time. Still, wizards nuke the same regardless of gear, and the Carmine Robe doesn't even have resists on it.
• Wizards can't kill Brother Qwinn...unless we all play alts, I guess.
• We're going to have to camp a lot of freakin' manastones. :(

Paging Barcode, Nirgon, experienced raiders, wizard aficionados...

Would it work?

Questions / areas on which I need input:
• Should we mandate Solusek Ro deity for our Dark Elf wizards?
• Should we allow monks or druids? If so, should we require a Guise to raid?
• Needs a name. <Neriak Wizards' Guild> or perhaps a reference to Solusek Ro or The Spurned (DE casters guild).

LoganVivisected
07-25-2020, 12:42 PM
Guise isn't in the game.

EDIT:
Wait it clicked this was for Green 2... still meh.

Lune
07-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Ranger: gods no

No guised drow ranger named Drizzt?

Trexller
07-25-2020, 12:51 PM
Racial Segregation at work in EQ

GnomeCaptain
07-25-2020, 05:09 PM
Beautiful idea. OP guild in strength and handsome.

Bigsham
07-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Gnome guild 10x better idea

Nuggie
07-25-2020, 07:28 PM
Racial Segregation at work in EQ

SJW's at work in EQ.

Videri
07-26-2020, 12:30 AM
Would it work?

Baler
07-26-2020, 12:49 AM
Only with strong leadership and knowledgeable members.

Dark Men of Odus worked, even Rogean has commented on their success.lol

So why not Dark elves, They should be allowed in freeport imo. Freeport is so damn racist.

7thGate
07-26-2020, 01:13 AM
Honestly, I would love to see 50 wizards clearing stuff even in Velious. You can probably do a lot of targets by just Bane nuking them and racing the summon/call of the zeros. Two shotting Vindis would be hillarious.

Baler
07-26-2020, 01:18 AM
Wizards are kings of DPS in kunark, a lot of guilds will nuke dragons with wizard armies.

If that helps anyone get into playing a wizard,.. it pays off to level it before velious.
Dark Elf or Erudite for sure.

If an entire guild was Dark Elf Wizards,... They'd get fat loot in kunark.

Videri
07-26-2020, 09:24 AM
No guised drow ranger named Drizzt?

https://i.imgur.com/RxM17Eh.png (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmzk5y_mrlg)

Videri
07-26-2020, 09:25 AM

Let's start both and turn in our PvP books.

Videri
07-26-2020, 09:28 AM
Honestly, I would love to see 50 wizards clearing stuff even in Velious. You can probably do a lot of targets by just Bane nuking them and racing the summon/call of the zeros. Two shotting Vindis would be hillarious.

Wizards are kings of DPS in kunark, a lot of guilds will nuke dragons with wizard armies.

If that helps anyone get into playing a wizard,.. it pays off to level it before velious.
Dark Elf or Erudite for sure.

If an entire guild was Dark Elf Wizards,... They'd get fat loot in kunark.

So maybe this guild would pick certain targets and roast them over an open fire. The guild could even ally up for other targets with inferior guilds that are less than 75% wizards.

And btw, it would be called <Burn>.

Blingy
07-26-2020, 10:52 AM

That was tried with Gnomeland Security....pretty much collapsed as of this writing.

Tunabros
07-26-2020, 04:19 PM
i would love to join lmao
i just made one yesterday

silo32
07-26-2020, 11:10 PM
Dark elf lives matter

Videri
07-26-2020, 11:29 PM
i would love to join lmao
i just made one yesterday

Ah, maybe someone will do it, but I'm not doing this on the current Green server. I'm waaaaay too absorbed in helping to run <Castle>.

This guild idea would be for the next iteration of Green99, the next progression server after Green. So, maybe in 4 years. Perhaps we'll both still be playing at that time.