PDA

View Full Version : Why do people hate on Seal Team?

RecondoJoe
07-03-2020, 11:01 AM
I feel like this has to be a "vocal minority" effect. I've been playing on Green for about 2 months and I've had more toxic experiences with Kingdom and Black Lotus than I've had with any guild in the last 20 years of online gaming (about 16 of that was on WoW obviously).

Seal Team players tend to be really friendly and helpful. In my experience.

Snortles Chortles
07-03-2020, 11:08 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Ytv20dX.jpg

ldgo86
07-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Not everyone has your experience?

turbosilk
07-03-2020, 12:15 PM
The kingdom people I know are friendly and helpful which is why I'm there. My raid experience with kingdom is that we abide by the play nice policy and collaborate with other raid guilds. Im not aware of extensive lawyerquesting.

Every Guild had some bad apples. Kingdom has had its share and the ones that I'm aware of are no longer inn the Guild after working through the progressive discipline process. I recommend watching to see if a Guild is anchored for 6+ months with a bad Apple.

indiscriminate_hater
07-03-2020, 12:20 PM
You hate us cuz you anus

Nuggie
07-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Being the top dog makes you a target for criticisms. It's that simple. People are going to cite examples of poor interactions with seal team members, but the reality is every guild has people that treat people "less" than snowflakes prefer to be treated. Not only that, regular people have bad days too. People are allowed to have bad days.

reznor_
07-03-2020, 03:15 PM
ST all the way baby

Nirgon
07-03-2020, 03:39 PM
I won't troll this one, ok? Hard not to but here goes.

There's good pals in every guild. Your bad experiences are a result of circumstance sometimes. Usually a disputed camp, an unintentional train or someone having a bad day.

The difference for me is I trust the ST leadership way more than any others. Misters Zeelot and Darkdeath were very square in TMO, but not as willing to let things go to the community. The top pals in ST put a lot on their back to keep the raid scene competitive but as fair as possible - except for perhaps the skill and dedication gap that some of you just gotta get over. They also take time to train wave after wave of new faces due to churn and burn out. Most guilds don't have the energy, patience or drive to win to keep doing that for this long... let alone at all. They actually listen to and tolerate more nonsense than I would.

I cannot more highly recommend a raid guild, at least for PvE.

Jimjam
07-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Personally I assume it is mainly banter and join in to seem cool.

Phaezed-Reality
07-03-2020, 06:02 PM
, at least for PvE.

Trexller
07-03-2020, 11:10 PM
Its because of the name. <Seal Team> is a lame name.

<The Mystical Order> was a great guild name. Bold. Intrinsic. Immersive.

buuuut to be fair, there are many guild names that are alot worse. <Clue>, <Dial a Dad>, <Kittens who say Meow> are pretty damn dumb.

KWSM is redeemed by its members being cool people.

Snortles Chortles
07-03-2020, 11:25 PM
<Furries that Fap>
cool people

pick one

Tethler
07-03-2020, 11:40 PM
I haven't really had any bad interactions with Seal Team members. Every guild has chill players and there are bound to be a handful of less chill players in the mix.

There was a seal team tagged bard alt swarming in a heavily populated area the other day that ignored attempts at communication, but that's more a bard thing than a Seal Team thing.

Woke Locc
07-04-2020, 12:05 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Ytv20dX.jpg

Who's the bald guy?

Ratchet51
07-04-2020, 06:00 PM
ST all the way baby

Prove it.

Phatez
07-04-2020, 06:56 PM
Some Seals can dive up to 900m and hold their breath for up to 2 hours. I wonder if this will give the Seals an advantage navigating Timorous Deep?

Oddbaal
07-04-2020, 07:32 PM
I am a member of DMO, and a newbie by all considerations to EQ.

Just from my limited perspective, forums aside, I’ve never met a member of ST out in the field that didn’t impress me either with their politeness or helpfulness. That’s just my experience. This has also applied to my druid Ryclops which doesn’t wear the DMO tag (but would if he could)

GnomeCaptain
07-04-2020, 07:39 PM
I must be lucky, never have toxic experiences here really.

My Seal Team bros have been really cool, as have the guys in Kingdom, Black Lotus, Venerate, etc.

Jack N
07-04-2020, 07:45 PM
I frequently encounter players from Kingdom that refuse to be helpful or cooperative simply because the other party is ST or DMO. I've never given anyone that treatment, nor have I seen anyone among our fraternal order act in that right. I also have encountered a few cool dudes from Kingdom that were helpful and cooperative and requested that I not mention it to anyone because of the perceived nonsense.

Just accept that we are the Lords of Everquest and you are merely the serfs (on a good day). Accepting one's station in Norrathian life is one of the greatest things one can do for their happiness.

Domo
07-04-2020, 08:18 PM
I dislike people who judge people on their <guild tag> / origin.

Its like me saying all americans are fat, all germans wear lederhosen, all russians are drunk, all muslims are terrorists, all christians are child molester etc.

you got assholes in every country, every religion, every bigger guild, but this dosent mean that they are all assholes.

kaev
07-04-2020, 11:56 PM

Its like me saying all americans are fat, all germans wear lederhosen, all russians are drunk, all muslims are terrorists, all christians are child molester etc.

you got assholes in every country, every religion, every bigger guild, but this dosent mean that they are all assholes.

Nah, guild tag is a free choice. You're not born into it. Your claimed equivalence is ignorant, childish, and completely false. Thanks for playing tho.

Snortles Chortles
07-05-2020, 12:07 AM
mad
got it

Woke Locc
07-05-2020, 01:53 AM

Why did you include a true thing with the false things?

:confused:

kaev
07-05-2020, 02:43 AM
mad
got it

on the ball as always

Ratchet51
07-05-2020, 03:55 AM

Are you in ST? Be honest.

Eyeke
07-11-2020, 02:20 AM
I miss my seal team friends. Love you all

Trexller
07-11-2020, 05:16 AM
I miss my seal team friends. Love you all

banned from the server should mean banned from forums as well

Nirgon
07-11-2020, 05:54 AM
I frequently encounter players from Kingdom that refuse to be helpful or cooperative simply because the other party is ST or DMO. I've never given anyone that treatment, nor have I seen anyone among our fraternal order act in that right. I also have encountered a few cool dudes from Kingdom that were helpful and cooperative and requested that I not mention it to anyone because of the perceived nonsense.

Just accept that we are the Lords of Everquest and you are merely the serfs (on a good day). Accepting one's station in Norrathian life is one of the greatest things one can do for their happiness.

there are definitely some xtra mads out there

Trexller
07-11-2020, 07:12 AM

OP Title question answered. Proven doucheness.
At least they all congregate to a few guilds rather that pollute the rest of the server.

Thread Closed.

Eyeke
07-11-2020, 09:37 AM
banned from the server should mean banned from forums as well

I mean, I could just make another account, right? I’m not IP banned
This account isn’t even the banned two

fastboy21
07-11-2020, 10:00 AM
It isn't complicated...

Most players who are jerks join "uber" guilds...
Seal Team is a an "uber" guild. So is Kingdom.

The truth is that on p99 green the guilds themselves are fairly cooperative and non toxic...they still attract the scum of the server, who act like scum when they aren't raiding.
While most of these players in general are fine (even in "uber" guilds)...most toxic people join an uber guild, even though (on green anyways) the guilds themselves and most of their players are generally fine people.

Unfortunately, the point of contact that most non-raiders have with "uber" guilds are the players they meet around the game at various camps, which are frequented by said toxic asses. You run into them everywhere...only real blame you can lay on the guilds is that they tolerate to various degrees bad player behavior as long as you toe the line during raids (and show up).

Phaezed-Reality
07-11-2020, 10:13 AM
It isn't complicated...

Most players who are jerks join "uber" guilds...
Seal Team is a an "uber" guild. So is Kingdom.

The truth is that on p99 green the guilds themselves are fairly cooperative and non toxic...they still attract the scum of the server, who act like scum when they aren't raiding.
While most of these players in general are fine (even in "uber" guilds)...most toxic people join an uber guild, even though (on green anyways) the guilds themselves and most of their players are generally fine people.

Unfortunately, the point of contact that most non-raiders have with "uber" guilds are the players they meet around the game at various camps, which are frequented by said toxic asses. You run into them everywhere...only real blame you can lay on the guilds is that they tolerate to various degrees bad player behavior as long as you toe the line during raids (and show up).
oh my god shut up. prexus help your soul you are retarded.

fastboy21
07-11-2020, 11:25 AM

Trump is president. You can't tell me what to do. And you're the retard, retard.

Trexller
07-11-2020, 12:13 PM
I mean, I could just make another account, right? I’m not IP banned
This account isn’t even the banned two

Not personal. I should have made that clear. Why are people banned from P99 servers allowed access to P99 forums? Rhetorical.

Trump is president. You can't tell me what to do. And you're the retard, retard.

2nd

Nirgon
07-11-2020, 02:55 PM
Brother Ramal holds dual Ph.Ds

Kohedron
07-11-2020, 04:53 PM
People hate Seal Team because YOU ALL only want to put in the exact amount of effort that you are willing to put in. Any more effort than that is "too much", "cheating", whatever other excuse YOU ALL make.

So, either they can add instancing to cheer you up, or you will continue to forumquest. The choice is yours.

Trexller
07-11-2020, 05:36 PM
this ^

Castle2.0
07-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Bats, Gnolls, Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds, Giants, Dragons, Planes, Lizardland, Snowland, PvP, Forumquest....

Forumquest IS the endgame!

reznor_
07-11-2020, 06:28 PM
People hate Seal Team because YOU ALL only want to put in the exact amount of effort that you are willing to put in. Any more effort than that is "too much", "cheating", whatever other excuse YOU ALL make.

So, either they can add instancing to cheer you up, or you will continue to forumquest. The choice is yours.

Trexller
07-11-2020, 06:28 PM
this ^

White_knight
07-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Bats, Gnolls, Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds, Giants, Dragons, Planes, Lizardland, Snowland, PvP, Forumquest....

Forumquest IS the endgame!

Lol underrated post here.

DMN
07-11-2020, 06:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6MyHM2g.gif

douglas1999
07-11-2020, 07:01 PM
I am furiously composing a spreadsheet of negative and positive encounters with seal team members and I shall render a ruling after I eat this entire pizza.

Castle2.0
07-11-2020, 07:05 PM
I am furiously composing a spreadsheet of negative and positive encounters with seal team members and I shall render a ruling after I eat this entire pizza. Make it so. Our founding elf fathers would see justice done only so - in the elven way.

Coridan
07-14-2020, 10:02 PM
I have friends in ST. Vitalitay, Wonderful, people who have been great while leveling. I don't like their policies as a guild towards 7 day targets and how it forces all the other guilds to play the game ST wants to. I also would never want to join them and deal with farming root nets and idols.

Rader
07-14-2020, 10:32 PM
Exxy F tard trained shadowed men on me in Nek, and when called out proceeded to flame me for no F ing reason. Henceforth Seal Team is denied ports from my druid because of this F er

Phatez
07-15-2020, 06:26 PM
Exxy F tard trained shadowed men on me in Nek, and when called out proceeded to flame me for no F ing reason. Henceforth Seal Team is denied ports from my druid because of this F er

Exxy quit 8 months ago.

Nirgon
07-15-2020, 06:42 PM
These people are cucks

dcortez
07-15-2020, 06:47 PM
Bored so I'll nibble ... IMHO and YMMV

Lots of nice people out there, however:

The two friendliest guilds are Venerate and Dynasty.
The two guilds I dislike grouping with are ST and BL.

As far as the raid scene goes, to victors go the spoils!
Get better or get bent!

RecondoJoe
07-21-2020, 12:14 AM
Its because of the name. <Seal Team> is a lame name.

If you think it’s lame then I urge you to watch Lone Survivor. There’s a reason Seal Team is the best.

RecondoJoe
07-21-2020, 12:18 AM
How do you know he wasn’t framed?

Woke Locc
07-21-2020, 12:18 AM
If you think it’s lame then I urge you to watch Lone Survivor. There’s a reason Seal Team is the best.

Based on the wiki synopsis, that film covers the decision of whether or not to kill civilians!

RecondoJoe
07-21-2020, 12:21 AM
Based on the wiki synopsis, that film covers the decision of whether or not to kill civilians!

When you’re deployed the civilians are the people killing you. Ain’t no one wearing a uniform.

Caroll
07-21-2020, 12:26 AM
WAHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHH

douglas1999
07-21-2020, 12:32 AM
People don't like seal team because the overwhelmingly common tendency on all eq servers ever is that the most dominant guild is always full of self absorbed douchebags. Their patronizing gestures to be benevolent fat nerds do not mitigate that fact. That being said, I don't hold it against them, it's everquest. People literally neglected their actual babies to the point that they died by playing this game, it's almost a public health issue.

Woke Locc
07-21-2020, 12:36 AM
When you’re deployed the civilians are the people killing you. Ain’t no one wearing a uniform.

If we can do it to them, we can do it to us.

And That's About All I Have To Say About That

Tethler
07-21-2020, 01:34 AM

Common misconception that this guild is a reference to a real 'seal team'. The guild name is actually based on their above-average BMI.

douglas1999
07-21-2020, 02:00 AM
Well you see Seal Team means the best of the best. Like among rambos and terminator 2's. Seal team, boat, gun, army, rambo, boxing, the t-1000, etc..

Tankwipe
07-21-2020, 02:20 AM
Common misconception that this guild is a reference to a real 'seal team'. The guild name is actually based on their above-average BMI.

fuckin dying here