PDA

View Full Version : Level 50s who over-farm content designed for players half their level.

RecondoJoe
07-02-2020, 08:20 AM
Do you realize that people like you are literally the reason 90% of the zones are dead?
I'm glad to see that you're having a productive day at 'work' while your pet farms mobs for you though.

Fammaden
07-02-2020, 08:34 AM
Consider blue.

Baler
07-02-2020, 08:49 AM
I'm glad to see that you're having a productive day at 'work' while your pet farms mobs for you though.

If you see someone afk farming with their pet report them via a petition, including logs, screenshots and if possible video. It's a violation of the server rules (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325349) and greatly disrupts the balance of a fair even playing field for all players.
Just be sure they're actually afk :rolleyes:

RecondoJoe
07-02-2020, 09:07 AM
If you see someone afk farming with their pet report them via a petition, including logs, screenshots and if possible video. It's a violation of the server rules (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325349) and greatly disrupts the balance of a fair even playing field for all players.
Is someone who tabs in once every 5 minutes less toxic than someone who tabs in once every 15 minutes? IMHO no. In either case I doubt anyone would tolerate this type of behavior in a group, so why is it rampant when holding camps literally everywhere?

Snortles Chortles
07-02-2020, 09:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/jTwittj.png

Fammaden
07-02-2020, 09:16 AM
I agree, if you're farming something you should submit to a pupil scan every thirty seconds which verifies that you are staring at the placeholder's spawn point and NOTHING ELSE, or else you forfeit the camp to a happy six man group of roleplaying halflings who surely feel despondent IRL that you are monopolizing their XP content.

Vaarsuvius
07-02-2020, 09:19 AM

I partly agree with OP when I saw lvl60 hogging/ farming 90% of the HG population (33-37 mobs) in RM at peak hours but it's also their right to spend hours fighting greens if they want to

But aside from faction, what can you actually farm being afk with a pet guarding you?

RecondoJoe
07-02-2020, 09:36 AM
I partly agree with OP when I saw lvl60 hogging/ farming 90% of the HG population (33-37 mobs) in RM at peak hours but it's also their right to spend hours fighting greens if they want to

But aside from faction, what can you actually farm being afk with a pet guarding you?

My theory is that they farm greens because they are more or less tabbed out of the game or otherwise AFK, and the more level appropriate content would wreck them without being tabbed in and actively playing their character.

Erati
07-02-2020, 10:22 AM
HGs drop the same amount of plat whether they con red, yellow, white, blue or green.

:mindblown:

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 11:40 AM
I see that at Paineel every day, 55+ characters farming mobs that are 33-37 and can't possibly be giving them any exp. But that's their right. Quite a few people outright say that they're only there for money, not exp.

Penish
07-02-2020, 11:53 AM
The ONE argument you don't see on the PVP server lol

Arvan
07-02-2020, 11:59 AM
A high level cant just claim every single HG though. If someone else comes they gotta share.

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 12:02 PM
A high level cant just claim every single HG though. If someone else comes they gotta share.

It's FTE in regards to Hill Giants in RM, right? Because they don't have a fixed spawn location, only a generalized one.

charmcitysking
07-02-2020, 12:24 PM
please this game how i think you should play it or else

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 12:34 PM
please this game how i think you should play it or else

Lube? Strap-on? Lotion? Cat-o-Nine? How does one "please" EQ?

Nibblewitz
07-02-2020, 12:43 PM
I never realized that, in my quest to deny you pixels, I was making you mad.

Sweet.

indiscriminate_hater
07-02-2020, 12:46 PM

Yes, you actually can.

indiscriminate_hater
07-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Do you realize that people like you are literally the reason 90% of the zones are dead?

90% of the zones are dead because our population is significantly lower than live was, and because there is a very top-heavy level distribution in player (read: less people leveling).

I'm sorry you're upset that people are playing the game how they want to. Have you tried getting good and not being such a complaining pussy?

ScottBerta
07-02-2020, 12:57 PM
If you see me destroying HGs in RM on Demitrios, send me a tell ... I can share.

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Yes, you actually can.

I was told the HG's in Rathe, because they tend to be spread out and roaming, are FTE and cannot simply be "claimed."

ScottBerta
07-02-2020, 01:04 PM
They can’t be claimed they are all FTE. However if you know spawn points and respawn times it’s not difficult to hold down all 6 spawns by parking pet on spawn, auto firing and then moving to next spawn point.

cd288
07-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Yes, you actually can.

The staff have literally said on the forums that you cant

cd288
07-02-2020, 04:56 PM
My theory is that they farm greens because they are more or less tabbed out of the game or otherwise AFK, and the more level appropriate content would wreck them without being tabbed in and actively playing their character.

They’re farming them to make some money to buy stuff. Which is exactly what you will be doing at a very high level when you want to buy something expensive. Quit whining

7thGate
07-02-2020, 05:03 PM
I feel a little bad farming wisps on a level 60, because they're good for players in their teens. I need the burned out lightstones to make blinding poison though, and since they're non-vendorable and non-tradeable I have to farm them myself.

Thank god I found 400 soot hemlocks on the gypsy vendor in lavastorm so I don't have to do the same thing to the sol a goblins though.

Erati
07-02-2020, 06:23 PM
its classic to return to zones at a higher level to dominate content that used to dominate you - especially - if you actually want some loot from it for alts, plat or even upgrades

Swish
07-02-2020, 06:59 PM
its classic to return to zones at a higher level to dominate content that used to dominate you - especially - if you actually want some loot from it for alts, plat or even upgrades

There's a gap between that and rounding up all the orcs in CB and AOE'ing/looting the belts/pads...which also happens :)

Champion_Standing
07-02-2020, 07:56 PM
So many young, productive P99ers "working from home".

kaev
07-02-2020, 08:25 PM
So many young, productive P99ers "working from home".

Your recognition and support of the p99 community's many contributions to all humanity's struggle during this time of crisis is much appreciated.

cannobeers3
07-02-2020, 10:14 PM
While farming 3-5p belts/pads etc is pretty asinine (at a higher level), most folks will yield to low level folks trying to exp. If someone is capitalizing SRO/CB/Gfay doing that, it is pretty shitty.

When you are bitching about HGs, well, I suggest finding another game, or just post the same stupid shit next year with a different account. You know, like last year.

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 10:17 PM
While farming 3-5p belts/pads etc is pretty asinine (at a higher level), most folks will yield to low level folks trying to exp. If someone is capitalizing SRO/CB/Gfay doing that, it is pretty shitty.

When you are bitching about HGs, well, I suggest finding another game, or just post the same stupid shit next year with a different account. You know, like last year.

You can find better things to camp than HG's if you want plat, honestly. Geonids in Wakening Land are a goldmine if you can solo them.

fastboy21
07-02-2020, 11:20 PM
Just an FYI, that guy farming boots all day long at the bottom of unrest is actually breaking the rules. he is supposed to give up the camp to the next in line after he gets his boots...ofc, he never admits he gets them.

the rules actually cover this crap...but there is no way to enforce them well when each situation requires a gm/guide response.

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 11:24 PM
Just an FYI, that guy farming boots all day long at the bottom of unrest is actually breaking the rules. he is supposed to give up the camp to the next in line after he gets his boots...ofc, he never admits he gets them.

the rules actually cover this crap...but there is no way to enforce them well when each situation requires a gm/guide response.

Imagine getting suspended or even banned over an item worth a measly 100pp.

fastboy21
07-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Imagine getting suspended or even banned over an item worth a measly 100pp.

It is actually a very lucrative camp on green. The boots still sell for 600pp+ and most importantly are not lure. Folks are easily leaving with bags full of boots by the end of the day with absolutely zero risk...while essentially ruining the basement fun for the grp exp'ing there.

Loadsamoney
07-02-2020, 11:49 PM
It is actually a very lucrative camp on green. The boots still sell for 600pp+ and most importantly are not lure. Folks are easily leaving with bags full of boots by the end of the day with absolutely zero risk...while essentially ruining the basement fun for the grp exp'ing there.

Okay, on Green. I always use Blue as the gold standard for comparisons, and DWB are only worth 100pp a pair there.

Vaarsuvius
07-03-2020, 02:37 AM
If you see me destroying HGs in RM on Demitrios, send me a tell ... I can share.

You may be the exception that confirms the rule Dem :)
Everytime our mages have met in RM on HG hill you would share the spawns there or you would camp after you were done even when I was not even 50...

Compared to some people who would come and pull Corrupted HG from under my nose when I happened to turn around long enough to deal with an add after killing tainted HG...

Arvan
07-03-2020, 04:10 AM
Yes, you actually can.

Must be new here or never interacted with a gm. Hmmm...

cannobeers3
07-03-2020, 05:03 AM
The takeaway is basically don't be a dick.

cd288
07-03-2020, 10:31 AM
There's a gap between that and rounding up all the orcs in CB and AOE'ing/looting the belts/pads...which also happens :)

Well that would be zone disruption

RecondoJoe
07-03-2020, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry you're upset that people are playing the game how they want to. Have you tried getting good and not being such a complaining pussy?

Playing the game how they want to? AFK while their pet kills stuff for them? It reminds me of the bots that frequently get banned on WoW. Only in this case the bot is their pet.

RecondoJoe
07-03-2020, 10:43 AM

I actually didn't know that. I always give the camp up if a group or even if other level 50 players show up (this is not a good cash farm IMHO), and I hand the Jagged Bands / DWB to random players.

It seems surreal to me to see level 50s hogging that camp. I really feel like you can farm plat and buy the boots faster than you can farm them unless you just get really lucky.

RecondoJoe
07-03-2020, 10:46 AM
They’re farming them to make some money to buy stuff. Which is exactly what you will be doing at a very high level when you want to buy something expensive. Quit whining

Are you an actual idiot? I have multiple level 50s on green, bud.

I'm leveling my first solo class and have spent 2 days looking for a camp that is open. It would be one thing if I saw level 30s farming level 30 content, but it's always level 50s. I woke up early to try and get a camp, and that actually backfired since most level 50s choose easier content to AFK farm while at "work." (Always had a real/essential job, so that blows my mind).

It's so crazy that when I'm playing my alt and I tell my friends that things are being camped by level 50s... they don't even believe me. They're like why in the hell would a level 50 be farming that? There's so much easier/better ways to make money. The reality is they are farming that because they can do it while AFK.

Snortles Chortles
07-03-2020, 11:13 AM
https://i.imgur.com/CO030ks.gif

Castle2.0
07-03-2020, 11:40 AM
You can get an HG spawn.

[quote"You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam)."[/quote]

GM Galach January 22, 2020

Source: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3072385
Thread Name: "Hill Giants FTE?"

Castle2.0
07-03-2020, 11:41 AM
"You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam)."
- GM Galach, January 22, 2020

There we go.

Lordgordon
07-03-2020, 12:05 PM
If you have multiple 50s already, maybe it's time to take a break bud.

RecondoJoe
07-03-2020, 01:54 PM

I agree honestly. After this Shaman hits 50 I probably won't game until Kunark comes out. Trying to take advantage of unemployment while it lasts.

Loadsamoney
07-03-2020, 02:36 PM

If it only takes a week or two to get there, why is having several so bad? Green has been open, what, a year now?

RecondoJoe
07-04-2020, 01:20 AM
If it only takes a week or two to get there, why is having several so bad? Green has been open, what, a year now?

yeah, some people are really bad at leveling. It's weird when you go to Unrest on your main to do Totemic armor quest, and pass the people who are farming the mobs that drop the item for it... even though they play more than you do...

When did Green start? October? Was playing WoW on classic and retail during same time period. Still have multiple level 50s on Green despite only playing for 2 months, lol.

Maliant
07-04-2020, 06:14 AM
This seems to be a perennial rant and I think I know why this is. Many people see this type of greedy behavior as antithetical to their perceived notion of an ideal online community myself included.

However, to me this is a feature of the sublimely anachronistic architecture of our beloved game. Having to share the environment in a meaningful way with friends and foes alike. Will the next adventurer you meet be the most awesome person you ever met. Someone you will you will go from slaying gnolls to dragons with and embark on epic adventures together? Or will it be some douchebag who KS’ your mob.

At the end of the day just try to remember that this game is a marathon not a sprint and the journey is the destination. You can’t appreciate the sweet without the bitter. This game
sure heaps out the bitter but makes your achievements all the sweeter. Stay classy fellow Norrathians and remember the golden rule. It’s okay if it’s in a three-way.

Jimjam
07-04-2020, 06:51 AM
I like to think of all my fellow p1999 players as friends, none of them are foes.

Baler
07-04-2020, 08:30 AM
Dey turk er murbs!

https://i.imgur.com/7VL5Z69.gif

Kohedron
07-04-2020, 10:36 AM
Players are free to do whatever they want on Green. I don't see the problem here.

It's almost as if a server exists where this couldn't happen, but nah that's too much effort. It's better to make a thread complaining about it as if making a thread complaining about it is going to do anything.

Loadsamoney
07-04-2020, 11:27 AM
To quote Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist: "In order to achieve anything in this world, you inevitably have to take it from someone else."

Castle2.0
07-04-2020, 12:41 PM
Faction too... Crushbone, Blackburrow, ec.