PDA

View Full Version : So I went out to buy some groceries

kaev
06-24-2020, 03:11 PM
and, noticing that we're running low on dish soap intended to pick some up while there. WTF? Unbeknownst to yours truly there has been an ongoing run on Dawn dish soap rivaling the recent idiocy over toilet paper!? Clearly the geniuses engaging in this stupidity and their close relatives including all descendants should be prevented from breeding. WTH is wrong with people?! I would like to blame TMO for this sad state of affairs, but they don't exist anymore and besides Cecily would be offended. Therefore I shall place responsibility for this dishsoap hoarding idiocy on Arvinda who, with much malice aforethought, destroyed the sublime casual coolness of the guild formerly known as <Paradigm Shift>, may its carefree spirit forever rest in peace.

Danth
06-24-2020, 03:34 PM
Herd intelligence is a funny thing. The more people you add to a system, the sillier they act. Then at some point even the smart holdouts end up with little choice but to participate lest they be left behind with nothing.

TMO's non-existence is no reason to stop blaming them for everything. Said blame will be no less accurate than much of the historic blame was anyhow.

Danth

Neno
06-24-2020, 03:34 PM
Are people in the states chugging it to clean their system out of the rona?

loramin
06-24-2020, 03:42 PM
It's not all hoarding. Before Covid you had dishwasher soap produced for businesses, and you had residential soap. Regular people used a lot of the former (indirectly), by eating at restaurants, cafeterias, etc.

Now though there are far, far less people are eating away from home, which means all that soap isn't being used. Instead, they're doing way more dishes at home than they normally would, using way more residential soap. Toilet paper and similar goods have the same core issue.

As a result, there's far more demand for residential soap than there was before, and while companies are trying to scale up to meet that demand (and scale down commercial soap production at the same time) ... changing stuff like that takes time.

Snortles Chortles
06-24-2020, 04:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WcXr7bA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eggQP7I.jpg

indiscriminate_hater
06-24-2020, 05:02 PM
Sorry you didn't get Costco loot

DMN
06-24-2020, 05:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gYIbMwswKM

strongNpretty
06-24-2020, 05:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WcXr7bA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eggQP7I.jpg

I was completely deflated to learn that most of those civics were DX's, none had any performance mods. The wheels were provided cheaply by a company who couldn't manage to sell them to the public. And the underglow was probably the priciest upgrade. I thought so highly of those damn cars in the movie.

Phaezed-Reality
06-24-2020, 05:48 PM
as someone who works in supply chain, it isn't hoarding, what normally used to sell regularly and produced regularly is now being used alot more. companies have been ramping up production to meet the demand but also dont want to spend extra money to open up more facilities they see will die down in the future. so you are stuck with regular supply for interesting times.

Swish
06-24-2020, 06:07 PM
Maybe you can /list for it

kaev
06-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Sorry you didn't get Costco loot

lol, close!

Turns out the run on dishsoap was triggered by a hiccup in the local walmart supply chain (turns out walmart accounts for 15% of procter & gamble US sales, heh.)

@Danth While your comment is surely true, I'm still gonna avoid offending Cecily today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be inspired to make another weakpost to RnF and I might could aim that one at TMO.

tsuchang
06-24-2020, 09:10 PM
I see TMO a few times in these comments. I'm old and don't know the reference. What ya mean by TMO?

Muggens
06-24-2020, 09:57 PM
I see TMO a few times in these comments. I'm old and don't know the reference. What ya mean by TMO?

The Mystical Odor

Cecily
06-24-2020, 10:20 PM
lol, close!

Turns out the run on dishsoap was triggered by a hiccup in the local walmart supply chain (turns out walmart accounts for 15% of procter & gamble US sales, heh.)

@Danth While your comment is surely true, I'm still gonna avoid offending Cecily today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be inspired to make another weakpost to RnF and I might could aim that one at TMO.
Should I be offended about someone making fun of the online group of people I used to play a video game with 8 years ago?

kaev
06-25-2020, 01:20 AM
Should I be offended about someone making fun of the online group of people I used to play a video game with 8 years ago?

Yes

Cecily
06-25-2020, 01:37 AM
You know what? How dare you? Just because I was gleefully complicent in helping The Mystical Order stall the progress of a thousand other players on the server doesn't make me the bad guy. In fact your implied use of "guy" as a gender neutral pronoun, while meta ironically using it in the male sense is at best a thinly veiled transphobic microaggression and, more likely, yet another attempt to silence me as a woman on this patriarchal platform.

shuklak
06-25-2020, 04:48 AM
We are about due for some female gms and higher ups aren't we?

LazyHydras
06-25-2020, 09:32 AM
It's still not as bad as my local CVS. Whoever controls the inventory management system there needs to be fired, like, last year. They are out of stock on everything even in non-pandemic times.

Surprisingly, Amazon Fresh has been pulling through for me in a big way. 32 count bags of Quilted Northern TP (better and more cost-effective than Charmin), 16 count bags of Bounty paper towels, and giant refills of Scott wet wipes.

Long live Jeff Bezos, money god.

Blingy
06-25-2020, 10:46 AM
It's still not as bad as my local CVS. Whoever controls the inventory management system there needs to be fired, like, last year. They are out of stock on everything even in non-pandemic times.

Surprisingly, Amazon Fresh has been pulling through for me in a big way. 32 count bags of Quilted Northern TP (better and more cost-effective than Charmin), 16 count bags of Bounty paper towels, and giant refills of Scott wet wipes.

Long live Jeff Bezos, money god.

If that crotchstain and his money god buddy Bill Gates would stop with throwing their money at politics I'd be a lot happier. They both remind me of Hot Fuzz and Animal Farm wrapped up together.

loramin
06-25-2020, 11:26 AM
If that crotchstain and his money god buddy Bill Gates would stop with throwing their money at politics I'd be a lot happier. They both remind me of Hot Fuzz and Animal Farm wrapped up together.

They're doing a time-honored American tradition: screw over everyone but yourself to make ungodly amounts of money, then spend some fraction of that money (while still living a disgustingly opulent lifestyle) to also buy "max faction for your character" (ie. a good name in the history books).

You know Carnegie Melon university? Started by Andrew Carnegie and Andrew Mellon, both of whom were doing the exact same thing as Gates and Bezos. Stanford University? Leland Stanford. Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, etc. all did the same to "buy their good name" ... and rich people are going to keep doing it, until everyone else wizens up and realizes that no matter how much money the rich give away, they are still pieces of shit if they got their wealth in a scummy way in the first place.

Malk
06-25-2020, 12:38 PM
They're doing a time-honored American tradition: screw over everyone but yourself to make ungodly amounts of money, then spend some fraction of that money (while still living a disgustingly opulent lifestyle) to also buy "max faction for your character" (ie. a good name in the history books).

Well, the principle is quite a bit older than that : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence

indiscriminate_hater
06-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Why is it always the losers who hate on wildly successful business folk? Do you know why Jeff Bezos is the richest man on Earth? Because he created a company that was better than the competition. Amazon closed inefficiencies in distribution that will now be forever closed, thanks to Amazon. They also made computing a utility, and are on their way to making machine learning a utility. If you consider these discontinuous leap forward in productivity and efficiency for mankind "scummy", then it doesn't really matter what you think because that line of thought is irrelevant.

Inb4 "muh small companies" - this is a short-term effect of a giant leap forward. Every other major technological leap has displaced existing workers and companies in the short term but benefitted society in the long term. Amazon's contributions are no different.

loramin
06-25-2020, 01:01 PM
Well, the principle is quite a bit older than that : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence

Heh, but the American part is that they are weighed in the court of public opinion/history ... not by the Catholic Church ;)

Snortles Chortles
06-25-2020, 01:15 PM
ty AMZN for fulfilling my 12 month supply of home goods

DMN
06-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Why is it always the losers who hate on wildly successful business folk? Do you know why Jeff Bezos is the richest man on Earth? Because he created a company that was better than the competition. Amazon closed inefficiencies in distribution that will now be forever closed, thanks to Amazon. They also made computing a utility, and are on their way to making machine learning a utility. If you consider these discontinuous leap forward in productivity and efficiency for mankind "scummy", then it doesn't really matter what you think because that line of thought is irrelevant.

Inb4 "muh small companies" - this is a short-term effect of a giant leap forward. Every other major technological leap has displaced existing workers and companies in the short term but benefitted society in the long term. Amazon's contributions are no different.

Bezos isn't at all like a modern bill gates. He poached competition and didn't care because the potential penalty was a joke and the legal system has STILL not caught up with the internet age. I don't think of him as bad/evil guy or anything, but he is not far removed from the dude on the corner selling you a "Rolex" and damn if it ain't shiny.

kaev
06-25-2020, 02:13 PM
You know what? How dare you? Just because I was gleefully complicent in helping The Mystical Order stall the progress of a thousand other players on the server doesn't make me the bad guy. In fact your implied use of "guy" as a gender neutral pronoun, while meta ironically using it in the male sense is at best a thinly veiled transphobic microaggression and, more likely, yet another attempt to silence me as a woman on this patriarchal platform.

My only regret is that I cannot edit my post to make explicit use of "guy", or even to imply its use (your unsupported attempt to infer an implication is pretty awesome tho, "mad props" for that.)

In my defense, I feel I must point out that my inactive forever 50-something rogue on blue has the name Guyfencin (quick, somebody call the name police!).

Woke Locc
06-25-2020, 02:15 PM

Consider my fancy tickled :)

Blingy
06-25-2020, 03:18 PM
Bezos isn't at all like a modern bill gates. He poached competition and didn't care because the potential penalty was a joke and the legal system has STILL not caught up with the internet age. I don't think of him as bad/evil guy or anything, but he is not far removed from the dude on the corner selling you a "Rolex" and damn if it ain't shiny.

I'm not sure if you really like Bill Gates or really dislike Jeff Bezos but.....how Gates got to where he is meant he didn't simply climb a ladder or even step on some toes. He (figuratively) walked into IBM's main corporate building and smacked ever executive over the head with a 2x4. Hell, right around when I was getting into working on computers it became apparent to me that MS/Gates was more about acquiring tech and companies more than developing things on their own. While they do some of their own development a lot of it is that dude on the corner selling you a Rolex.

GinnasP99
06-25-2020, 03:27 PM
I prefer Ajax

indiscriminate_hater
06-25-2020, 03:42 PM

I agree - he's not a modern Bill Gates. He is responsible for a much bigger impact on the world than is Bill Gates.

When the legal system does catch up, the result will be a more regulated and yet still much better version of what previously existed.

Blingy
06-25-2020, 04:19 PM
I agree - he's not a modern Bill Gates. He is responsible for a much bigger impact on the world than is Bill Gates.

When the legal system does catch up, the result will be a more regulated and yet still much better version of what previously existed.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*cough* *cough*

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ok, sure.

Bezo's did nothing new or magical. Go study the history of economics. Bezo's simply took an old model that's been around for centuries and applied modern tech/tools to it.

Bezos is spending just enough money in the right places to keep the political arena sated. He could pull an O.J. and have the victims family asking for forgiveness at this point.

kjs86z
06-25-2020, 05:18 PM
palmolive / tide / bounce / scott / bounty / cascade = god tier

Baler
06-25-2020, 05:25 PM
Do you fold or crumple the wad of paper before wiping?

strongNpretty
06-25-2020, 05:32 PM
Do you fold or crumple the wad of paper before wiping?

Yes.

Oh wrong thread....

indiscriminate_hater
06-25-2020, 06:02 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*cough* *cough*

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ok, sure.

Bezo's did nothing new or magical. Go study the history of economics. Bezo's simply took an old model that's been around for centuries and applied modern tech/tools to it.

Bezos is spending just enough money in the right places to keep the political arena sated. He could pull an O.J. and have the victims family asking for forgiveness at this point.

Gonna ignore that cringy reddit emoting for now. I didn't say new or magical, I said jumps in progress.

But in terms of new and magical: do you think AWS starting the first modern cloud computing service years ahead of competitors was not new? Do you know what cloud computing is?

loramin
06-25-2020, 06:04 PM
Gonna ignore that cringy reddit emoting for now. I didn't say new or magical, I said jumps in progress.

But in terms of new and magical: do you think AWS starting the first modern cloud computing service years ahead of competitors was not new? Do you know what cloud computing is?

Well, it's not like AWS invented virtualization: their contribution was to scale the technology and use it well, but they certainly weren't the first host to offer virtualized servers.

Blingy
06-25-2020, 06:35 PM

I started working at Boeing in 1996. That was about when they were transitioning from a few giant mainframes to hundreds of servers. The way Boeing had the servers set up was basically how cloud computing runs now; just on a much smaller scale.

Workstation and flythru machines all had hard drives which were solely for the O.S. and a couple programs. Everything else was on Boeing's internal version of "the cloud." CATIA models were on "the cloud". Everybody could access anybody else's model. Same goes for interference checking. While I wasn't part of the implementation team that rolled it out company wide it was one of my jobs to teach everybody in my group how to get their stuff off "the cloud."

Baler
06-25-2020, 08:26 PM
Does your local store still offer plastic bags?

Arteker
06-25-2020, 10:48 PM
i found after a nice poop washing my arsehole in the tube is quite erotic . i hope cucumbers isnt doing vodoo rituals again because i`m having very weird thoughs.

Arteker
06-25-2020, 10:49 PM
Does your local store still offer plastic bags?

aswelll they got a new brand of ball gags and nuclear powered dildos if u wanna test em out ,

kaev
06-26-2020, 01:26 AM
Is it wrong to rate your own thread? Because this has gone places I am enjoying imagining.

Jibartik
06-27-2020, 09:45 PM
I run my dishwasher every day during this pandemic it feels like.

Jibartik
06-27-2020, 10:02 PM
My favorite thing about amazon is, its like the forbidden fruit.

You know that if you use it, your footprint is now 100x larger than it was before, you're massivly contributing to global warming with the incredible amount of waste that is required to get products to your front door multiple times a day, let alone groceries.

I mean its like, the worst thing you can do to the environment ever, and every single person I know that is against all of that, orders from it every day.

:)

Woke Locc
06-27-2020, 11:39 PM
My favorite thing about amazon is, its like the forbidden fruit.

You know that if you use it, your footprint is now 100x larger than it was before, you're massivly contributing to global warming with the incredible amount of waste that is required to get products to your front door multiple times a day, let alone groceries.

I mean its like, the worst thing you can do to the environment ever, and every single person I know that is against all of that, orders from it every day.

:)

1 truck is better than 1000 cars travelling to the feeding trough

Snortles Chortles
06-27-2020, 11:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/0KNNwQZ.jpg?fb

Jibartik
06-27-2020, 11:50 PM
Each object in that fresh order is wrapped in plastic that is not recyclable but ok!

Now that said, what I wasnt able to edit in my post is, every one who cares about those issues, knows full damn well that amazons impact is way more than if they went to the store themself but the forbiden fruit is just too tastey.

Idk what your thinking but if you think you're contributing to a better environment by ordering amazon then ok thats great, good job!

Jibartik
06-27-2020, 11:52 PM
Wait did you two just try to dunk on me by suggesting that 1 truck driving 1000 routs is some how better than 1000 cars driving those same routs? lol

Woke Locc
06-27-2020, 11:56 PM
Each object in that fresh order is wrapped in plastic that is not recyclable but ok!

Now that said, what I wasnt able to edit in my post is, every one who cares about those issues, knows full damn well that amazons impact is way more than if they went to the store themself but the forbiden fruit is just too tastey.

Idk what your thinking but if you think you're contributing to a better environment by ordering amazon then ok thats great, good job!

Indeed, the net environmental impact of a gigantic corporation operating globally is greater than that of one citizen buying Lil Debbie Zebra Cakes while stoned out of his/her gourd

Woke Locc
06-27-2020, 11:56 PM
Wait did you two just try to dunk on me by suggesting that 1 truck driving 1000 routs is some how better than 1000 cars driving those same routs? lol

There is no try

Fammaden
06-27-2020, 11:57 PM
We saw that emissions were way down during lockdowns due to people not driving their cars to shop for shit three times a day. Yes, Amazon packaging is wasteful, but so is every aspect of consumer packaging that exists. His point stands. One truck full of targeted supplies beats a community full of people driving to an air condiditoned warehouse to browse a limited but varied supply of goods at their convenience.

Snortles Chortles
06-28-2020, 12:06 AM
dunked

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 12:11 AM
Wait, do you think buying from amazon is a net win for your carbon footprint?

Or are you guys like saying something more like hypathetical like "if there was some super system designed to be super carbon friendly that it could hypathetically be designed" because I wouldnt argue about that.

But if you're going to sleep at night thinking that each time you order amazon fresh, or you get that headphone dongle delivered to you in a 4x4 box full of plastic air bubbles, puts you in the good graces of Greta Thunberg, then ok great good for you!

Woke Locc
06-28-2020, 12:15 AM
Wait, do you think buying from amazon is a net win for your carbon footprint?

https://i.imgur.com/exv5hNB.jpg

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 12:51 AM
distributed delivery services

Or are you guys like saying something more like hypathetical like "if there was some super system designed to be super carbon friendly that it could hypathetically be designed" because I wouldnt argue about that.

But if you're going to sleep at night thinking that each time you order amazon fresh, or you get that headphone dongle delivered to you in a 4x4 box full of plastic air bubbles, puts you in the good graces of Greta Thunberg, then ok great good for you!

Woke Locc
06-28-2020, 01:11 AM

Truck goes on a computerly efficient calculated route, Mr and Mrs Stonedgourd drive all the way to the store and back

Carbon savings. I suggest you pivot to packaging cuz this is dumb.

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 01:26 AM
Well its clear you don't know how that system works at all lol

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 01:28 AM
btw I already mentioned packaging twice :shrug:

Woke Locc
06-28-2020, 01:29 AM
Well its clear you don't know how that system works at all lol

Snortles Chortles
06-28-2020, 01:41 AM
i bet you feel pretty silly right now

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 01:46 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Vgx4oP1.png

Like I said, could a system exist? sure, does the one you use doe that? No.

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 01:54 AM
lol here to be specific when you order fresh (packaging aside I mean the packaging in fresh is insane, they will put string cheese in its own mylar bag for christ sake, milk, anything even slightly cold, its own exceptionally not recycable bag)

but yea, its gig economy so the drivers come from far far away to deliver your groceries picked up either from that same store less than 2 miles away, or one out of the way on their way in.

https://i.imgur.com/w8Ax17j.png

Woke Locc
06-28-2020, 12:11 PM
How many 2/5 mile round-trips does it take to out-carbon an Amazon truck doing a 96 mile round-trip delivering along the way?

Youve made a good point about instacart lol

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 12:26 PM
Yeah, and fresh works same as instacart. But think about it this way, when you're outside whether you're on foot or driving and if you do your shopping then, vs being outside and having a few personal assistants doing it for you, driving all around those same streets, well there you go.

Like most things delivery systems are for convinence, not the betterment of society. Jeff Bezo's is a smart guy but he's not making the world a better place with the delivery system he's built/building.

Im not smart enough to know this much but my guess would be that it'd take some kind of electrical drone system to have a reverse impact on your footprint ordering something online.

Another way to think about it is like, every few items in order, you create a copy of you that appears somewhere, drives out and buys it and brings it house, and then drives back to where they started and disappears.

Woke Locc
06-28-2020, 12:45 PM
Yeah, and fresh works same as instacart. But think about it this way, when you're outside whether you're on foot or driving and if you do your shopping then, vs being outside and having a few personal assistants doing it for you, driving all around those same streets, well there you go.

Like most things delivery systems are for convinence, not the betterment of society. Jeff Bezo's is a smart guy but he's not making the world a better place with the delivery system he's built/building.

Im not smart enough to know this much but my guess would be that it'd take some kind of electrical drone system to have a reverse impact on your footprint ordering something online.

Another way to think about it is like, every few items in order, you create a copy of you that appears somewhere, drives out and buys it and brings it house, and then drives back to where they started and disappears.

Wouldn't it be net neutral at worst unless ease of access increases consumption?

Morsel hazard...could really go for some funyuns

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 12:54 PM
Yeah ease of access is a big part of the problem, but its also efficency of access. Like with non grocery goods it'd be better to go to best buy and pick up 3 things than to buy 3 things online from 3 different stores that gets peaced together and shipped to you.

So when you go to the store people will think about efficiency vs online they just buy what they want when they want it, so that has a big ding that would according to that show the good place, send us to the bad place. (and Gretta would agree hehe)

But also its not a net neutral unless the people stay home, and or are already driving a car that they wouldn't be if they didn't order fresh.

Like people in urban cities that don't have cars that order fresh? Well boom they just put themselves on the emissions map x2 because the driver was already on it.

Like yeah totally I agree there is a system that could exist that would be net neutral, but with the infrastructure that we have available right now it's better for consumers to go to the store fronts, i mean not during a pandemic, but when this is over and we can go back to normal life, that is.

For now stay home and order fresh :)

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 12:56 PM
Also, its fun-ny that the modern forbiden fruit is fun-ions :)

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 01:18 PM
gdi I re-read that and I got efficiency vs ease a little jumbled up, what I meant was efficiency is bad because even if you order everything at once, it still comes from multiple locations. So if you fix the ease of access issue, you still have the efficiency problem.

1 day out shopping within a 5 mile radius vs

fleet of 3 personal assistants shopping for you
traveling from out of town to get there
picking up items from multiple locations outside of your 5 mile radius
packaging each item individually
multiple drivers converging to leave package at your home
random thief steals your package
it explodes full of confetti cus you're a youtuber
confetti turns out to be acid
hours later thief climbs out window attacks family next door
family next door escapes and drives to hospital but gets in car crash
crash was with doctor who was on his way work with the idea to cure cancer
he ded now tho
good job, you killed the guy that was going to cure cancer cus you wanted new pair of beats by dre on amazon.

:o

Cecily
06-28-2020, 01:32 PM
Let's not act like Amazon solves driving. The society we live in heavily incentivizes car ownership and penalizes non-drivers.

Blingy
06-28-2020, 02:27 PM
or you could just grow a garden. Hell, even a few planter buckets on your tiny apartment patio can produce more food than most ever believe.

We have two cheap buckets from Home Depot. One has two tomato plants, one jalapeno and one bell pepper plant. Other one has basil, rosemary, tarragon and dill. If you have a small patch of actual yard rip out some of the grass and start composting everything. It'll take a year to have really good soil but it's worth the bit of extra effort.

loramin
06-28-2020, 03:56 PM
or you could just grow a garden. Hell, even a few planter buckets on your tiny apartment patio can produce more food than most ever believe.

We have two cheap buckets from Home Depot. One has two tomato plants, one jalapeno and one bell pepper plant. Other one has basil, rosemary, tarragon and dill. If you have a small patch of actual yard rip out some of the grass and start composting everything. It'll take a year to have really good soil but it's worth the bit of extra effort.

I thought this too, and you're mostly right: my Basil, Rosemary, Thyme Parsley, and Mint plants are growing more herbs than I could ever use.

But here's the sad thing: all they ever do is smell nice, because I still wind up buying the store herbs. Do you how much effort it takes to cut the herbs, wash them, pull the leaves off, and then chop up or grind them? Way more than it takes to buy them ;) Loramin is lazy.

But I also have a tomato plant, two bell peppers, a jalapeno, green beans, zucchini, cucumbers, and blue berries, and it's definitely less effort to just grab them off the plant, so I heartily recommend everyone grow fruits and veggies ... just not herbs.

Arteker
06-28-2020, 09:11 PM
I thought this too, and you're mostly right: my Basil, Rosemary, Thyme Parsley, and Mint plants are growing more herbs than I could ever use.

But here's the sad thing: all they ever do is smell nice, because I still wind up buying the store herbs. Do you how much effort it takes to cut the herbs, wash them, pull the leaves off, and then chop up or grind them? Way more than it takes to buy them ;) Loramin is lazy.

But I also have a tomato plant, two bell peppers, a jalapeno, green beans, zucchini, cucumbers, and blue berries, and it's definitely less effort to just grab them off the plant, so I heartily recommend everyone grow fruits and veggies ... just not herbs.
the good shit takes time, or you are one of these wich just ram his way in without pre games :eek:

Jibartik
06-28-2020, 10:10 PM
I just started a kitchen garden, meaning I have a sliding door to a patio not far from my kitchen, so my dram is that I can get like, a cycle going here for sandwiches :)

Arteker
06-29-2020, 08:16 AM
I just started a kitchen garden, meaning I have a sliding door to a patio not far from my kitchen, so my dram is that I can get like, a cycle going here for sandwiches :)

patio? the spanish invasion is real

Jibartik
06-29-2020, 01:35 PM
I feel so cultured.

Arteker
06-29-2020, 02:13 PM
I feel so cultured.

then time to move to ur own huerto !

LazyHydras
06-29-2020, 08:18 PM
The real question is - who actually buys and uses grape tomatoes? I don't understand their purpose.

Blingy
06-29-2020, 08:33 PM
The real question is - who actually buys and uses grape tomatoes? I don't understand their purpose.

If you get the right variety they're dam good. If you just get whatever is on sale....blech.

Arteker
06-30-2020, 09:30 AM
Toast the bread , rub these tomatoes , spray abit of olive oil around then rub garlick in top of it, then add cured ham or bacon.