PDA

View Full Version : Account Ban

Mizter_Bonze
06-16-2020, 08:12 AM
I went to log in this morning and my account has been banned...I did nothing wrong, so I am wondering why I was banned. Could someone please resolve this issue so I can play?

Mizter_Bonze
06-16-2020, 08:25 AM
I went to log in this morning and my account has been banned...I did nothing wrong, so I am wondering why I was banned. Could someone please resolve this issue so I can play?

Toothed
06-16-2020, 08:35 AM
try posting in petition forum

Mizter_Bonze
06-16-2020, 08:44 AM
where is the petition forum lol

Mizter_Bonze
06-16-2020, 08:50 AM
found it

Dogma
06-16-2020, 09:29 AM
I hope you learned your lesson.

Snortles Chortles
06-16-2020, 10:24 AM
I hope you learned your lesson.

Ripqozko
06-16-2020, 10:45 AM
i bet you feel silly right now

tyrant49333
06-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Don't rmt boys and girls

Kohedron
06-16-2020, 11:12 AM
lmao cya shitter

LazyHydras
06-16-2020, 11:22 AM
I know why he got suspended, and it was for something that I consider innocuous (not RMT, no swearing, no nothing), but I am not going to talk about it because I'm not looking to catch a ban, myself. lmao.

Bardp1999
06-16-2020, 11:48 AM
Adult children that cant play well together often find themselves making these posts

Evia
06-16-2020, 03:57 PM
I know why he got suspended, and it was for something that I consider innocuous (not RMT, no swearing, no nothing), but I am not going to talk about it because I'm not looking to catch a ban, myself. lmao.

the plot thickens!

Mead
06-16-2020, 04:16 PM
Nobody every does anything wrong

Mead
06-16-2020, 04:17 PM
ever*

Loadsamoney
06-16-2020, 04:22 PM
Nobody every does anything wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mABgzpJq2lQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq2Xxr2IJQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLdGNx6b9E

Jimjam
06-16-2020, 04:26 PM
It's a riddle!

If he 'did nothing' wrong, that means his ban was from inactivity, rather than activity.

I suggest afk levelling!

Baler
06-16-2020, 05:16 PM
OP has Posts: 15

when I search their forum post history
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

They have 8 posts in the petition section and 7 on the forums.
lol

Snortles Chortles
06-16-2020, 05:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ZNc3XWL.jpg

Mizter_Bonze
06-16-2020, 07:52 PM
This is what GM Menden had to say about it on the petitions

I'll list a few details.

We discovered a bunch of accounts were compromised, cause is currently unknown. But awhile ago there was a Titanium client that had a keylogger built in, could be a similar situation. Investigation is ongoing.

We locked the accounts down, reaching out to every player would be time consuming and more damage could be done by doing so.
Locking accounts down by temp banning them is a very common practice on our server, it's something we do for an array of reasons.
Many players have responded without hysterics or attitude and they were unbanned within a few hours after we verified they were who they claimed to be.

You should also be aware, I'm in charge of Customer Services on this server. The only person you can appeal to is Rogean, but he rarely gets involved in anything relating to CSR. If it makes you feel better to PM him, go for it.

But keep in mind, the hysterics you have demonstrated is not something we put up with. We expect players to show us and eachother respect.

Here is a complete list of the staff and hierarchy.

This is my final reply.

Kennie
06-16-2020, 08:04 PM
Adult children that cant play well together often find themselves making these posts

Spyder73 (BANNED)
NecroP1999 (BANNED)

nyclin
06-16-2020, 08:05 PM
so your account got temp banned while they investigate and you threw a hissy fit, then came to rnf expecting sympathy

sorry about your crippling addiction duder

Evia
06-16-2020, 08:19 PM
i know its totally 2019....buuuuuttttt

"yikes"

BlackBellamy
06-16-2020, 08:25 PM
Here is a complete list of the staff and hierarchy

Me.
You.

Baler
06-16-2020, 08:52 PM
But awhile ago there was a Titanium client that had a keylogger built in, could be a similar situation.

real, careful where you get your copy of the titanium files.
Staff should really distribute a SHA and MD5 for each file so we can verify our files.

nyclin
06-16-2020, 09:10 PM
real, careful where you get your copy of the titanium files.
Staff should really distribute a SHA and MD5 for each file so we can verify our files.

it's not a bad idea, but people that get hit by attacks like this generally aren't even going to know what an SHA or MD5 checksum is, let alone how to verify against it

loramin
06-16-2020, 09:17 PM
What we really need is to have a conversation with Daybreak along the lines of "Hey, y'all are going broke right? How much for the distribution rights to software you stopped using twenty years ago?" ;)

cd288
06-16-2020, 11:35 PM

Based on OP’s response it looks like you were talking out of your ass

Elijah850
06-16-2020, 11:55 PM
Character name for posterity?

LazyHydras
06-17-2020, 10:06 AM
Based on OP’s response it looks like you were talking out of your ass

Wow, you are edgy, Mr. Edgemeister 3000.

Simple case of mistaken identity, there, as I saw OP's location in Texas I assumed it was my friend who was suspended recently and also is in Texas. Already apologized to OP in PMs.

Dogma
06-17-2020, 10:30 AM
And no lessons were learned.

/thread

shuklak
06-17-2020, 10:53 AM
Account not up.

LazyHydras
06-17-2020, 10:57 AM
Account not up.

That's going to be a grats 7-day suspension, I think.

fastboy21
06-17-2020, 11:02 AM
That's going to be a grats 7-day suspension, I think.

DID I STUTTER!?

Trexller
06-17-2020, 02:21 PM
What we really need is to have a conversation with Daybreak along the lines of "Hey, y'all are going broke right? How much for the distribution rights to software you stopped using twenty years ago?" ;)

This.

Daybreak/Darkpaw should hand over the entire EQ franchise to professionals within the EQ community, people that know the software, love the game and then just collect the money that they make.

Give Rog-Bog and the staff a real salary, open more servers, custom content

Keep classic progression servers like green ofc.

per terms of the agreement in-game purchases would be available for extra daybreak dough, and a small monthly or quarterly, not even a subscription fee, think of it more as a cover charge.

People with their hearts in EverQuest, managing EverQuest... it would almost be 1999 again.

Mblake81
06-17-2020, 03:19 PM
This.

Daybreak/Darkpaw should hand over the entire EQ franchise to professionals within the EQ community, people that know the software, love the game and then just collect the money that they make.

Give Rog-Bog and the staff a real salary, open more servers, custom content

Keep classic progression servers like green ofc.

per terms of the agreement in-game purchases would be available for extra daybreak dough, and a small monthly or quarterly, not even a subscription fee, think of it more as a cover charge.

People with their hearts in EverQuest, managing EverQuest... it would almost be 1999 again.

I think Nil/Rog have done good jobs. That said I am weary of fans doing anything. The original developers were not fans of this game, they created something and made fans... well until they made the moon but that is another matter.

Mblake81
06-17-2020, 03:29 PM
Correction: There have been some fan made content, like in the Thief games (https://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100), that has been pretty good. Overall I am a fan of mods. I had the wrong idea in mind when I read that post.

I see MMORPGs and everything else as different things. /shrug

cd288
06-17-2020, 08:03 PM
Wow, you are edgy, Mr. Edgemeister 3000.

Simple case of mistaken identity, there, as I saw OP's location in Texas I assumed it was my friend who was suspended recently and also is in Texas. Already apologized to OP in PMs.

So I was correct

Jauna
06-18-2020, 12:05 PM
you threw a hissy fit

who did this

kaizersoze
06-18-2020, 12:23 PM
This is what GM Menden had to say about it on the petitions

I'll list a few details.

We discovered a bunch of accounts were compromised, cause is currently unknown. But awhile ago there was a Titanium client that had a keylogger built in, could be a similar situation. Investigation is ongoing.

We locked the accounts down, reaching out to every player would be time consuming and more damage could be done by doing so.
Locking accounts down by temp banning them is a very common practice on our server, it's something we do for an array of reasons.
Many players have responded without hysterics or attitude and they were unbanned within a few hours after we verified they were who they claimed to be.

You should also be aware, I'm in charge of Customer Services on this server. The only person you can appeal to is Rogean, but he rarely gets involved in anything relating to CSR. If it makes you feel better to PM him, go for it.

But keep in mind, the hysterics you have demonstrated is not something we put up with. We expect players to show us and eachother respect.

Here is a complete list of the staff and hierarchy.

This is my final reply.
sounds like this guy stole a bunch of gear off of guild's shareds. Spicy

sydbarrett25
06-19-2020, 07:59 AM
sounds like this guy stole a bunch of gear off of guild's shareds. Spicy

Those 29 tink bags on a vendor near North Freeport bank totally had nothing to do with it.