PDA

View Full Version : El Cheapo's

zaldaben
06-14-2020, 04:43 PM
Just me or are people being cheap as hell at buying stuff lately? 200pp for a plat fire wedding ring isnt worth the time it takes to go buy the gem in sol ro, make it, and sit in ec trying to sell it.

Baler
06-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Buy Low
Sell High

Albanwr
06-14-2020, 04:54 PM
there is a lot of stuff thats not worth sitting in EC to sell...but people are doing it all day everyday.

Baler
06-14-2020, 04:57 PM
there is a lot of stuff thats not worth sitting in EC to sell...but people are doing it all day everyday.

WTS Sow Pots, 5 hours later
I'll buy one 10 dose.
3.8p per hour, IT'S A GOLD MINE!

Snortles Chortles
06-14-2020, 05:52 PM
maybe it’s fun selling things

kjs86z
06-14-2020, 06:29 PM
https://youtu.be/tpvqlUt28z8

indiscriminate_hater
06-14-2020, 06:49 PM
U bad I'm good get

Snortles Chortles
06-14-2020, 07:30 PM
got

shuklak
06-14-2020, 08:58 PM
People that tunnel quest don't exactly have a firm grasp of the value of time.

DMN
06-14-2020, 09:14 PM
I've got around 200k worth of shit I want to get rid of but haven't bothered because I hate EC.
Reallywish they would allow us honest players to have an EC account only for buying/selling, instead of just IP exception scammers.

DMN
06-14-2020, 09:14 PM
I've got around 200k worth of shit I want to get rid of but haven't bothered because I hate EC.
Really wish they would allow us honest players to have an EC account only for buying/selling, instead of just the IP exception scammers.

Woke Locc
06-14-2020, 09:28 PM
Reallywish they would allow us honest players to have an EC account only for buying/selling, instead of just IP exception scammers.

Don't most people use the exemption to LD and switch characters instantly? Technically never 2 boxing 🥊

Nuggie
06-14-2020, 10:01 PM
Don't most people use the exemption to LD and switch characters instantly? Technically never 2 boxing 🥊

a pal of mine got banned for that on Green. careful.

Drakborn
06-14-2020, 10:06 PM
It depends on the day, but usually when I’m in the tunnel selling stuff I’m working on the other screen. I can’t always exp or farm while working... sometimes I only have time to pop over... hit my /auc and collect plat. I rather make a few thousand selling junk then nothing at all.

Nothin at all..

https://i.imgur.com/pxmEA.gif

Woke Locc
06-14-2020, 10:40 PM
It depends on the day, but usually when I’m in the tunnel selling stuff I’m working on the other screen. I can’t always exp or farm while working... sometimes I only have time to pop over... hit my /auc and collect plat. I rather make a few thousand selling junk then nothing at all.

Nothin at all..

https://i.imgur.com/pxmEA.gif

Snortles Chortles
06-14-2020, 11:08 PM
usually when I’m in the tunnel selling stuff I’m working on the other screen. I can’t always exp or farm while working... sometimes I only have time to pop over... hit my /auc and collect plat.

https://i.imgur.com/9JUEFQ1.gif

Tuljin
06-15-2020, 12:08 AM
Just me or are people being cheap as hell at buying stuff lately? 200pp for a plat fire wedding ring isnt worth the time it takes to go buy the gem in sol ro, make it, and sit in ec trying to sell it.

Everybody's broke and anyone who isn't has all the items they need and are saving for Kunark. Everything is overfarmed and prices are going down on everything.

You can be a broke nub, join a ~~~rAiD~~~ guild, then invest in DKP instead of coin and get your planar gear. The Green economy is a total joke and prices are gonna keep plummeting.

BlackBellamy
06-15-2020, 09:11 AM
Yeah of course prices will keep falling because Green is not a total joke economy. If it was a total joke then prices would rise or even fluctuate randomly. But because it's a real economy, the prices are set by scarcity and that's why prices are falling. New characters who need gear are being created at a slower rate than gear is being farmed and older characters are done being geared. I mean where is the surprise here? Did anyone actually think that they would be able to sell their thing today for last month's prices? Anyone? Why would you think that? That's so strange.

greenspectre
06-15-2020, 09:15 AM
WTS Sow Pots, 5 hours later
I'll buy one 10 dose.
3.8p per hour, IT'S A GOLD MINE!

I quickly learned that the best way to sell SoW pots was to make a couple, and randomly /auc them off while I'm travelling. Sold two in WK once, two in OoT once. People need them in the most random of places. As an added bonus, I'm not wasting time while I'm doing it, either.

shuklak
06-15-2020, 11:31 AM
I quickly learned that the best way to sell SoW pots was to make a couple, and randomly /auc them off while I'm travelling. Sold two in WK once, two in OoT once. People need them in the most random of places. As an added bonus, I'm not wasting time while I'm doing it, either.

Until you wait to meet them and they have now sow...

Thugnuts
06-15-2020, 12:56 PM
Yeah of course prices will keep falling because Green is not a total joke economy. If it was a total joke then prices would rise or even fluctuate randomly. But because it's a real economy, the prices are set by scarcity and that's why prices are falling. New characters who need gear are being created at a slower rate than gear is being farmed and older characters are done being geared. I mean where is the surprise here? Did anyone actually think that they would be able to sell their thing today for last month's prices? Anyone? Why would you think that? That's so strange.

ayo hold up, why you tryin to get all economic principles up in here an shit?? :confused:

BlackBellamy
06-15-2020, 04:13 PM
ayo hold up, why you tryin to get all economic principles up in here an shit?? :confused:

i learned my numbers in the brick cities of newark yo
things don't add up? welcome to...

https://imgur.com/jGdtyrj.jpg

Jimjam
06-15-2020, 04:20 PM

Some people get ridiculously mad if you auction things outside of EC.

On blue I had luck selling forged javelins on the run. It's good to sell consumables that people can run out of in the field.

Jimjam
06-15-2020, 04:22 PM
Bone chips are a good one too. Traded bone chips for a robe of the oracle before.

Nuggie
06-15-2020, 06:56 PM
Better to farm straight cash at this point than items to sell.

kaizersoze
06-15-2020, 08:48 PM

Bazaar fixed this problem. Leave your shit on you overnight, sell it without haggling with everyone over thier "leet item trades, trust me bro. Take this jagged blade of mourning and rokyl's channeling crystal for your tola robe."

Snortles Chortles
06-16-2020, 10:39 AM
clicks up and enter a few times an hour during the work day
siPs

Kohedron
06-16-2020, 11:12 AM
Don't like it? Don't buy it. It's that simple.

edmazur
06-16-2020, 12:27 PM
clicks up and enter a few times an hour during the work day
siPs

Pretty much this. My job needs enough attention that I can't commit to even an AFK camp most days, but if you do some light farming for uncontested stuff in the 200-1k plat range (e.g. sol ro armor quests), auction once an hour or so, and setup scripts to alert you when people are buying/selling something of interest to you, it requires almost no attention and has been how I've been able to gear up a melee class on green.

greenspectre
06-16-2020, 01:14 PM
Until you wait to meet them and they have now sow...

Eff that, Lobnor delivers! He has his own SoW and cooler than any of yours'!

Elijah850
06-16-2020, 11:59 PM

So. How much do the materials actually cost to make the ring? Asking for a "cheap" friend LOL

magnetaress
06-17-2020, 03:19 AM
Charity kinda ruins the game. Wish equipment broke and stuff costed 1000x off the vendors. Imagine muffins costing 6p each. Player bakers would benefit.

Bardp1999
06-17-2020, 11:27 AM
Just noticed your forum location is "inside of you" - somehow this is bothering me more than it should

Jimjam
06-17-2020, 11:28 AM
Just noticed your forum location is "inside of you" - somehow this is bothering me more than it should

Rent free.

magnetaress
06-17-2020, 11:45 AM

It really disturbs me too. If that helps.