PDA

View Full Version : Angelical - Immature Cleric

Darkwoo
06-10-2020, 08:00 PM
Hi all,

I recently played with a cleric named "Angelical" in Paw. I have never been so turned off by a player's behavior. Angelical was extremely argumentative and immature over the most petty comments.

Angelical - we are all here to have fun. Relax and enjoy the game! Not everything is an argument. Anxiety is often the culprit of having to take deep breaths.

Snortles Chortles
06-10-2020, 08:04 PM
filed under signed up for forums today

Jimjam
06-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Maybe she was RPing the kid from Rugrats?

indiscriminate_hater
06-10-2020, 09:27 PM
PICS

Psionide
06-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Good thread. Don't provide any details of any kind while commenting on an account with zero posts made a few months ago.

Nuggie
06-10-2020, 10:05 PM
So one time at band camp.....

I made a mage on Green so I wouldn't have to play a critical role in groups and be super attentive like I did on Blue with my cleric. About midway through the leveling game I grouped with a bard that started giving me commands on how to play. Without throwing a fuss I disbanded, gated, and put the dude on ignore. I clearly wasn't up to his flow of game play and we didn't need to group again.

I suggest you do the same.

Evia
06-10-2020, 10:30 PM

I made a mage on Green so I wouldn't have to play a critical role in groups and be super attentive like I did on Blue with my cleric. About midway through the leveling game I grouped with a bard that started giving me commands on how to play. Without throwing a fuss I disbanded, gated, and put the dude on ignore. I clearly wasn't up to his flow of game play and we didn't need to group again.

I hate those players. A friendly suggestion or advice is one thing but when you start micro managing every detail in someone’s play style it gets to be overboard.

Don’t be that kind of player.

Snortles Chortles
06-10-2020, 10:31 PM
hey there OOM wizard, please don’t melee
sit a while, and meditate

reznor_
06-10-2020, 10:56 PM
My motto is

Heal fast
Eat ass

cd288
06-11-2020, 03:26 PM

Just curious, aren’t you the guy who someone posted screenshots of last night AFK farming faction in Highpass with your Mage pet? Looks like OP deleted the post but it was pretty fun while it was up

Ratchet51
06-11-2020, 03:47 PM
My motto is

Heal fast
Eat ass

Can I use this?

Cecily
06-11-2020, 04:10 PM
I mean WHAT THE FUCK? We're all here for a good time and we've got some immature, anxiety-inducing cleric arguing in Splitpaw.

magnetaress
06-11-2020, 04:12 PM
I suggest haloperidol for the OP and angelical both.

Cecily
06-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

kaev
06-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Thank you Cecily, this made my day brighter :)

Kohedron
06-11-2020, 11:17 PM
I will donate 500 pp to this person the next time I see them for a job well done.

Nuggie
06-12-2020, 01:41 AM
Just curious, aren’t you the guy who someone posted screenshots of last night AFK farming faction in Highpass with your Mage pet? Looks like OP deleted the post but it was pretty fun while it was up

Yea, I had some Karen petition me, and apparently make a post. I didn't see it, but I'm guessing the screen shot showed 2-8 corpses around me in HHP where the orcs run from their spawn point to the highkeep citizens/captain ashlan to die/win and continue on.

I was/am farming scalps for a future dirty halfling warrior. I responded to the guides when they showed up in a timely manner to satisfy them that what i was doing didn't qualify as "afk camping." I was there to loot the corpses, not let them rot. As to the faction: I was killing guards in HK tonight farming swords, so any faction I gained last night wouldn't have made a bit of difference. That wasn't the intention of my actions.

Which brings up the question: how long is "too long" to afk and have your pet kill things while you're in/out of the room / RNF'ing(this petition happened when I was telling the story in this thread about the person micromanaging me. I was probably tabbed out for a whole 2 minutes and had 6[?] orcs walk up on me in that time. It's a "happening" spot) / or whatever? I don't have a good answer. Apparently less than the time it takes for a corpse to halfway rot was quick enough last night.

Side note: When there was a group killing orcs I was often over there DS'ing them, pulling singles for them, and bandaging them.

In closing, to the EQ-Karens out there: Thanks! I'm not sure what we would do without you!

Headed to bed. Enjoy yourselves, thoroughly!

DMN
06-12-2020, 05:01 AM
Has bad grouping experience at level 5. Offers advice to chill out. Rats person out in rats in lames.

https://i.imgur.com/NhHwq8n.gif

magnetaress
06-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Has bad grouping experience at level 5. Offers advice to chill out. Rats person out in rats in lames.

https://i.imgur.com/NhHwq8n.gif

That's a great post.

cd288
06-12-2020, 10:48 AM
Yea, I had some Karen petition me, and apparently make a post. I didn't see it, but I'm guessing the screen shot showed 2-8 corpses around me in HHP where the orcs run from their spawn point to the highkeep citizens/captain ashlan to die/win and continue on.

I was/am farming scalps for a future dirty halfling warrior. I responded to the guides when they showed up in a timely manner to satisfy them that what i was doing didn't qualify as "afk camping." I was there to loot the corpses, not let them rot. As to the faction: I was killing guards in HK tonight farming swords, so any faction I gained last night wouldn't have made a bit of difference. That wasn't the intention of my actions.

Which brings up the question: how long is "too long" to afk and have your pet kill things while you're in/out of the room / RNF'ing(this petition happened when I was telling the story in this thread about the person micromanaging me. I was probably tabbed out for a whole 2 minutes and had 6[?] orcs walk up on me in that time. It's a "happening" spot) / or whatever? I don't have a good answer. Apparently less than the time it takes for a corpse to halfway rot was quick enough last night.

Side note: When there was a group killing orcs I was often over there DS'ing them, pulling singles for them, and bandaging them.

In closing, to the EQ-Karens out there: Thanks! I'm not sure what we would do without you!

Headed to bed. Enjoy yourselves, thoroughly!

Idk the guy had multiple screenshots of you just staring into a wall for quite awhile and not looting any of the pile of corpses. Sounds like you were leaving the computer for an extended period of time and coming back and looting whatever corpses hadn’t rotted and then going AFK again. Also I’m guessing by the time the staff responded to the petition (which my assumption is was quite a long time later; no knock on the staff btw just that things can only be so timely when people are volunteers with lives) you were no longer doing this.

In any case, sure you came back to your computer periodically to loot corpses so you weren’t AFK the whole time. But that doesn’t really matter since you were AFK while you parked your pet to kill things and came back to your computer when it had killed a bunch for you to loot. That is the definition of AFK farming lol

Muggens
06-12-2020, 10:54 AM
I like Mariah Carey <3

magnetaress
06-12-2020, 10:58 AM
It wasn't unattended or scripted gameplay(TM).

Also those side effects, my god. I am probably going to commit suicide because of them.

Tethler
06-13-2020, 03:07 AM
It wasn't unattended or scripted gameplay(TM).

Having you pet kill stuff while you are not at your computer isn't unattended gameplay? What does 'unattended' mean to you?

Phaezed-Reality
06-13-2020, 09:09 AM
imagine caring if someone was immature in an free to play elf sim.

magnetaress
06-13-2020, 11:14 AM
Having you pet kill stuff while you are not at your computer isn't unattended gameplay? What does 'unattended' mean to you?

You're telling me you never sat at your computer sipping some tea and nibbling a jalapeno pizza slice while your pet killed decaying skeles?

Thugnuts
06-13-2020, 04:30 PM
yo that's a nice thread you got here OP

i would fap 2 dat thread

Tethler
06-14-2020, 02:37 AM
You're telling me you never sat at your computer sipping some tea and nibbling a jalapeno pizza slice while your pet killed decaying skeles?

no

magnetaress
06-14-2020, 11:00 AM
no

You should try it some time.

Tethler
06-14-2020, 12:53 PM
You should try it some time.

No, that would be unattended gameplay and put me at risk of suspension.

Elijah850
06-17-2020, 12:02 AM
Idk the guy had multiple screenshots of you just staring into a wall for quite awhile and not looting any of the pile of corpses. Sounds like you were leaving the computer for an extended period of time and coming back and looting whatever corpses hadn’t rotted and then going AFK again. Also I’m guessing by the time the staff responded to the petition (which my assumption is was quite a long time later; no knock on the staff btw just that things can only be so timely when people are volunteers with lives) you were no longer doing this.

In any case, sure you came back to your computer periodically to loot corpses so you weren’t AFK the whole time. But that doesn’t really matter since you were AFK while you parked your pet to kill things and came back to your computer when it had killed a bunch for you to loot. That is the definition of AFK farming lol

All i got out of that justification is that you missed out on looting some sweet free swords..

magnetaress
06-17-2020, 12:21 AM
That is too long a bathroom break for Everquest. Gotta log off and definitely lose your pet if it is going to take 15 minutes. Or you could hate to the roof and hang out where the cool people afk.

For the record, I'm siding with pointy ears now. This seems more terrible than I originally thought. Letting pixels, even copper's decay is a horrible sin.

White_knight
06-17-2020, 04:31 PM
After 20 years of EQ and lotta of stay at home dads with excel spread sheets I am afraid micro managing group members are becoming the norm.

Lotta time it's arsewipes who have some toon they collected raid rots on and since you're a go to work dad you only have some Kunark tradeables in a few slots so they feel entitled to tell you how to play your class.

The ol' Stay at home Dad vrs Go to work Dad conundrum.

Blingy
06-17-2020, 06:46 PM
Huh?

I've been a stay at home dad for awhile now. No excel spreadsheets here. You have to really really impress me either positively or negatively for me to even remember (or give a shit about) you.

I dunno, maybe I'm just the outlier. /shrug

Nuggie
06-17-2020, 06:47 PM
spreadsheets? guilty as charged. lots of data to keep track of.

Veeshan31
06-17-2020, 10:37 PM
Huh?

I've been a stay at home dad for awhile now. No excel spreadsheets here. You have to really really impress me either positively or negatively for me to even remember (or give a shit about) you.

I dunno, maybe I'm just the outlier. /shrug

Found the loser