PDA

View Full Version : Appalling trade proposal

daflipzstayalz
06-07-2020, 11:43 PM
Sorry for screenshot quality. Just wanted to share. I was so confused... still am. lol

BlackBellamy
06-08-2020, 10:15 AM
Menderz was selling 10 items that day. It's possible you received a reply meant for some other person who was bothering him.

You did sent him a tell immediately after he specifically asked you to never send him a tell. Please don't ever post another reply in this thread ;p

Snortles Chortles
06-08-2020, 10:27 AM
please don’t ever post another forum thread

indiscriminate_hater
06-08-2020, 04:25 PM
Can someone explain if the trade proposal is actually bad or not? I don't deal with peasant-tier items

BlackBellamy
06-08-2020, 05:04 PM
Can someone explain if the trade proposal is actually bad or not? I don't deal with peasant-tier items

It's not great. Those other 2 items will barely make up the difference and you have to spend time haggling and shit.

But it's not STFU bad, just inconvenient.

turbosilk
06-08-2020, 07:20 PM
Please post your tells to Menderz before that tell.

Evia
06-08-2020, 10:00 PM
I was expecting something extreme like someone offering a lambent suit of armor for a manastone.

idk why that proposal would upset you, let alone be thread worthy.

Furitor
06-08-2020, 11:16 PM
RnF post quality has gone downhill lately...

Arcticflava
06-09-2020, 12:02 AM
Clicked for the shitpost, all i got was this shit post.

daflipzstayalz
06-09-2020, 12:44 AM
Well, to be honest, I didn't mean for this to be in RnF. It got moved here.
Just thought it was a funny reply to a trade proposal, but apparently not. lol

aaezil
06-09-2020, 04:44 AM
Did he stutter?

Tethler
06-09-2020, 05:32 AM
This didnt seem like that bad of a trade. I've had a surprising number of people just straight up ask me if I'd trade the item im selling for some crap half its value. Like "yeah sure, guy I don't even know. Let me give you this more expensive item for a cheaper and harder to sell item. Sounds like a great deal for me!"

Or people making lowball offers on sol ro class armor items less than the gem cost to make the item. GTFO with that shit.

turbosilk
06-09-2020, 09:51 AM
I was expecting something extreme like someone offering a lambent suit of armor for a manastone.

idk why that proposal would upset you, let alone be thread worthy.

Sorry I'm not menderz. I'm Turboshock/Turbosilk/Dangeres. But I know menderz and know he wouldn't have that sort of response to a single trade offer.

When negotiations on trivial items are too aggressive it can just totally turn of a seller.

Kohedron
06-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Guess he just wants actual pp so he can stop playing Warren Buffett in a 400 year old barbarian sim like everyone else in EC who masturbates to the thought of "flipping for a profit" in a 400 year old barbarian sim

but whatever

OuterChimp
06-09-2020, 10:28 AM
I would have done that trade, but I'd have wanted 350p.

Finesteel
06-09-2020, 06:28 PM
OP has ruined their server reputation for including their in game on their shit forums post.

daflipzstayalz
06-10-2020, 02:43 AM
Server reputation? ruined?
Man... I guess I'll have to quit the game.
I'll be in EC giving away my Ebon War Spear and Totemic cloak.

Guesty07
06-10-2020, 02:52 AM
Not everybody knows the exact worth or going rate of items, there is nothing wrong with asking and a simple "no, thanks." will suffice as a reply. Sometimes if they are offering to trade items as well as an amount of platinum for something else, it tends to be because it's an item they really want, and are offering all they have to try and acquire it.

daflipzstayalz
06-10-2020, 03:04 AM
Thank you, Guesty! That's all I was really trying to get at. Simple "no" would have worked.
Still don't fully understand why this was moved here from "Screenshots".
I just wanted to share my confusion with everyone, but apparently I'm in the wrong and now have a ruined reputation. lol

Tuljin
06-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Everybody on the server even remotely interested in EC tunnel garbage is comically broke. The new people gaining levels are broke and they never have anything to camp when they get higher level because high level people bogart everything and they have been since the fall. People make it to their 40s with barely a few K plat, between getting items they actually need they don't end up with any pile of money. Also, its not the fall anymore, so the druids that were among the few porters aren't getting rich anymore.

In fact, "high end" items rarely sell for raw plat and it always comes down to some plat and higher-end item trade because its hard to move even more valuable items. EC tunnel rats have even reduced themselves to listing higher-end items for sale with trades accepted.

EC tunnel is a pathetic joke and its not really worth getting upset over a broke nub trying to haggle you on nub items. I understand the frustration but the economy is really stagnant and EC tunnel anymore is pathetic.

Tuljin
06-10-2020, 08:11 AM
I was confused - I didn't realize the person posting was the person offering the trade LOL

How pathetic is EC tunnel? I just saw an absolute new low - - - /ooc any bored druids wanna port me to LS got no money on me though

From a level 50 Wizard in a guild

Absolutely shameless and absolutely effing broke

OuterChimp
06-10-2020, 11:59 AM
The run from EC to LS isn't that long....or hard.

Evia
06-10-2020, 03:23 PM
I was confused - I didn't realize the person posting was the person offering the trade LOL

How pathetic is EC tunnel? I just saw an absolute new low - - - /ooc any bored druids wanna port me to LS got no money on me though

From a level 50 Wizard in a guild

Absolutely shameless and absolutely effing broke

Yeah I thought mendez was the op as well. My bad!

strongNpretty
06-10-2020, 03:52 PM
Sorry for screenshot quality. Just wanted to share. I was so confused... still am. lol

Honestly, unless there is record of you bothering Menderz with /tells or trades before this point of screenshot, then im'a go ahead and grant Arctiq as the winner in this case..

Menderz response, tells me he's either just been slammed with 5+ /tells of awful trade requests, and he reached breaking point here. Or the man has 0 life skills and just talks to people like that on the daily..

Grocery Store Clerk- "Hi Menderz, are you finding everything ok today? Have you seen or tried the new Cosmic Crisp apple we have in stock?"

Menderz- "What the fuck bitch? Don't talk to me ever again! Cosmic Crisp.... This bitch...."

Champion_Standing
06-10-2020, 06:23 PM
400 year old barbarian sim