PDA

View Full Version : A premium tour of Mistmoore Castle

exezin
05-24-2020, 07:07 AM
I'm not one for drama but I felt I had to share this experience.

So I'm in a CE group in Mistmoore, most have had enough and we decide to head off and do our own things. As I'm leaving Tuvvani, a person in our group, tells me to wait. They explain that their main is camped in the zone, and wanted to give me a tour claiming to know the zone very well, etc. I accept this offer, I have nothing better to do and it would be cool to see more of MM.

They camp out, log in as their main "Nimbuz", a 50 mage. I'm told to keep the heals up on his pet as he leads me on a pretty hectic tour of the zone, often running off way ahead of me or afk'ing to get another beer while I barely manage to root pops long enough to keep myself alive.

I explain that I'm OOM, really need to med but the tour keeps on going, eventually we get split up..again. This time I'm really lost, I'm somewhere behind a painting, Nimbuz is in the "gypsy room" wherever that may be. After lots of fumbling I find my way back out of the invisible wall/painting and head to where I think Nimbuz has gone, I open a door and behind it are a lot of mobs, I suppose they popped after he ran by.

At this point I'm sure I'm dead, they all turn to me and attack, I pop divine aura and just hope Nimbuz will make it to me before it drops, he does. However I was still OOM, having not had two seconds to med, his pet is dying, there are lots of mobs, I see him write "oof" in the chat, and then vanish. As I'm getting beat down by god-knows how many mobs, I manage to get a gate off as I'm about to die. Guess who I see at the ZL for a nanosecond before he vanishes? Nimbuz...camping out.

...Perhaps not the most comfortable tour, it was cool to see more of MM castle, but I would have preferred if my tour guide would at least stick around to make sure I made it out alive. He's actually not logged back in since on his alt nor his main, so I suppose from his point of view I died in there and he logged to leave me to a nasty CR deep inside MM castle. Can't always trust the 50's I suppose.

Some chat highlights.

https://i.imgur.com/6yF2Bgy.png

https://i.imgur.com/BYFsQic.png

https://i.imgur.com/HXPyWlz.png

https://i.imgur.com/6o648Jw.png

https://i.imgur.com/FbKao1Z.png

:shrug:

Evia
05-24-2020, 07:55 AM
That's the risk you take when exploring dangerous zones. That sounded like a fun adventure to me!

Finesteel
05-24-2020, 08:25 AM
Why the fk is this in rants and flames

Guesty07
05-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Seems like some teenager trying to show how good he is to the other preteens so he hang out with them because the kids his age wont fucking touch him.

exezin
05-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Rules say no name and shame outside of rants & flames :shrug:

cd288
05-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Nimbuz seems like a dick

Lordgordon
05-24-2020, 11:06 AM
How will you ever recover from this terrible experience??

Snortles Chortles
05-24-2020, 11:24 AM
oof

Broor
05-24-2020, 12:07 PM
I've been on two of Nimbuz' wild Mistmoore rides....and it's definitely dangerous and definitely fun haha. He hooked up my warrior buddy with a werewolf talon ages ago, and recently ran us through the whole zone and rolled on all the rare drops, totally fair, totally fun. +1 to Nimbuz

cd288
05-24-2020, 12:17 PM
I've been on two of Nimbuz' wild Mistmoore rides....and it's definitely dangerous and definitely fun haha. He hooked up my warrior buddy with a werewolf talon ages ago, and recently ran us through the whole zone and rolled on all the rare drops, totally fair, totally fun. +1 to Nimbuz

Until he gates out and leaves you there to die with a brutal CR where you have to beg other high levels to help get your corpse out.

OP I would honestly put this in the petitions forum and see if they would take any action. Leaving you there to die on purpose with your corpse stranded deep in MM certainly sounds like something the staff might consider a suspension or warning for.

exezin
05-24-2020, 12:32 PM
Until he gates out and leaves you there to die with a brutal CR where you have to beg other high levels to help get your corpse out.

OP I would honestly put this in the petitions forum and see if they would take any action. Leaving you there to die on purpose with your corpse stranded deep in MM certainly sounds like something the staff might consider a suspension or warning for.

Nah not worth it imo, I do agree it was a pretty crap move on his part, had I died there would have been nobody around to handle a CR for me cuz it was pretty early in the day and the zone was more or less empty, but I'll hold no grudge. Just wont be going on any wild tours with him again :D

Morikaidin
05-24-2020, 01:12 PM

I see where your coming from, and agree that it was a dick move, but I don't think OP can really petition this. He assumed the risk himself. No one forced him to go strolling deep into a zone of high-level mobs with some non-guildmate guy he just met.

He would've been in the same dangerous situation if his "guide" had just legitimately gone LD.

If it'd been me I would've just gated out when it became obvious what kinda ride it was.

I blame the victim.

Lordgordon
05-24-2020, 01:31 PM
You knew the man was drinking, and followed him anyway.

Case closed.

cd288
05-24-2020, 01:50 PM
I see where your coming from, and agree that it was a dick move, but I don't think OP can really petition this. He assumed the risk himself. No one forced him to go strolling deep into a zone of high-level mobs with some non-guildmate guy he just met.

He would've been in the same dangerous situation if his "guide" had just legitimately gone LD.

If it'd been me I would've just gated out when it became obvious what kinda ride it was.

I blame the victim.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the staff would take action on this. If the guide died or went LD that’s different. In this case the guide saw that things were going south and didn’t want their corpse stuck deep in MM difficult to retrieve so they Gated and left OP there to die after taking them in there. If you offer to guide someone along and then take them to a dangerous spot and intentionally bail on them and they die, I would not be surprised if the staff had an issue with that.

Canelek
05-24-2020, 02:01 PM
Did he have a white van with candy painted on the side?

billwilliams
05-24-2020, 02:30 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if the staff would take action on this. If the guide died or went LD that’s different. In this case the guide saw that things were going south and didn’t want their corpse stuck deep in MM difficult to retrieve so they Gated and left OP there to die after taking them in there. If you offer to guide someone along and then take them to a dangerous spot and intentionally bail on them and they die, I would not be surprised if the staff had an issue with that.

You are such a fuckin pussy wow...this is why the server fucking sucks, cause of SJW/leftist no fun allowed everyone must play by the rules lowest-common-denominator pussy ass fucks like you that would not only waste a guides/gms time with this but recommend doing it to another player.

LOL you should be a prime candidate to get culled from our population by the RONA, it would only make sense you are a 300lb+ overly sensitive fuck as well in real life that calls the cops cause some kids are skateboarding on his sidewalk or some similar shit.

beversami
05-24-2020, 02:34 PM
You are such a fuckin pussy wow...this is why the server fucking sucks, cause of SJW/leftist no fun allowed everyone must play by the rules lowest-common-denominator pussy ass fucks like you that would not only waste a guides/gms time with this but recommend doing it to another player.

LOL you should be a prime candidate to get culled from our population by the RONA, it would only make sense you are a 300lb+ overly sensitive fuck as well in real life that calls the cops cause some kids are skateboarding on his sidewalk or some similar shit.

Someones triggered hard.

Guesty07
05-24-2020, 03:00 PM

What's that term that people around here use?

Oh yeah, I got it.

Yikes

billwilliams
05-24-2020, 03:37 PM
What's that term that people around here use?

Oh yeah, I got it.

Yikes

Generic millennial apebrain leftist SJW stay at home son forum warrior response....can you be any more of an actual living mouth breathing sheep stereotype with that response?

billwilliams
05-24-2020, 03:40 PM
Someones triggered hard.

Only people triggered are 40 year old stay at home sons with possible sons of their own now they are disregarding and stuffing in freezers so they can finish typing all in 1 shot their /petition to the king-of-stay-at-home-sons, the EQ guide about the antics of the- latest evil-doer that is not properly claiming a level 8 gnoll spawn in BB.

heyokah
05-24-2020, 03:55 PM
^^^^ millenial

Evia
05-24-2020, 04:23 PM
billwilliams is being extreme here...

but he's not far off the mark tbh.

cd288
05-24-2020, 04:23 PM

Lmao I love this guy. He makes a post whining and having a cry baby meltdown about getting suspended for griefing people and says he is “done” with the game yet here he is continuing to come back to the forums lol. Sounds like someone who lives in a basement and has nothing better to do with their life (just like he accuses people of being). Lol he just can’t resist coming back here even after his I’m done post it’s great.

Evia
05-24-2020, 04:24 PM
ridiculous to think this is actually something worth petitioning over.

douglas1999
05-24-2020, 05:02 PM
What the fuck is with every person I know, in every facet of my life including this game, saying "oof" all of a sudden? Like I get what it means but what the actual fuck

Evia
05-24-2020, 05:04 PM
What the fuck is with every person I know, in every facet of my life including this game, saying "oof" all of a sudden? Like I get what it means but what the actual fuck

Oof is the new Yikes I guess.

so in other words, it's the trendy word of the week.

Kohedron
05-24-2020, 05:17 PM
*picks nose*

What a travesty! You deserve to be treated better! I am outraged!

*twirls boogers*

sacman08
05-24-2020, 06:20 PM
I've had worse pickup groups at CE

DMN
05-24-2020, 07:26 PM
"But Dice, I just wanted to be held!"
"You got the bonus package, baby."

cd288
05-24-2020, 09:16 PM
ridiculous to think this is actually something worth petitioning over.

Eh most dungeons probably not. But purposefully leaving someone stranded deep in a dungeon like MM that not many people know a lot about tbh and that also commonly had glitchy pathing making it more dangerous to move around (I.e. it’s going to be tougher to find someone to help get your corpse out) is something I think is a real dickhead move.

Woke Locc
05-24-2020, 10:01 PM
The potential for skullduggery in venturing with a new and unknown companion is an implicit risk assumed by both parties individually

it's your own fault OP

magnetaress
05-24-2020, 10:16 PM
Clicked thread hoping for a bloody youtube video with some decent edits, fades, transitions, and an ok music score and a few pithy remarks.

NO, I did not find this when I clicked the thread.

0/10

DMN
05-24-2020, 10:41 PM
A two newbie tour
A two newbie tour
The merbs started getting rough
The pair of newbs were fucked
If not for the action of newbiest one, Zoner would be lost
Zoner would be lost
The pet ate shit and the gates came out,
blame was in the air
The pair touched down at the zone in
And logged out in despair.

Evets
05-25-2020, 09:51 AM
No one died seems like a good time to me although it got hairy. Pretty scummy end to it all but thats mages for ya flakey as fuck

beversami
05-25-2020, 10:20 AM
A two newbie tour
A two newbie tour
The merbs started getting rough
The pair of newbs were fucked
If not for the action of newbiest one, Zoner would be lost
Zoner would be lost
The pet ate shit and the gates came out,
blame was in the air
The pair touched down at the zone in
And logged out in despair.

I'm sure it took DMN's meth laced brain close to 2 hours to think of something this bad.

DMN
05-25-2020, 11:35 AM
I'm sure it took DMN's meth laced brain close to 2 hours to think of something this bad.

https://i.imgur.com/SukiaVC.png

magnetaress
05-25-2020, 11:36 AM
I liked DMN's poetry. It was pretty good considering the effort involved.

YendorLootmonkey
05-25-2020, 11:41 AM
I liked DMN's poetry.

"Gilligan's Island" before your time, eh?

Snortles Chortles
05-25-2020, 11:44 AM
ok boomer

DMN
05-25-2020, 11:53 AM
ok boomer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw

Snortles Chortles
05-25-2020, 11:58 AM
PERFECT

Elijah850
05-25-2020, 08:13 PM
Oh yeah, I got it.

Yikes[/QUOTE]

I find this post equally hilarious and sad. Although, I'm not someone one who runs off in to harms way without gate up if its in my spell book so... Different strokes I guess. =P *shrug*. :D