PDA

View Full Version : Probably the most glaring flaw in classic EQ.

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 10:48 AM
Is that people just never log off and the same crews have been farming the same items for 20+ years, so they just never log off, some human people have become NPCs in the game.

The only solution to that is FFA pvp. (no level range or restrictions)

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 10:51 AM
I had to double post because a grizzly bear was killing me lol.

but liek, even on live tlps there's those people just camping shit without really playing the game anymore, they just tab around between 15 different servers and farm pelts.

God bless em, they make the pelt economy strong so those that focus on exp instead of gear and raid can just max tailoring in like 1 day instead of 10.

But this drives other pelt farmers insane they can't handle it.

https://i.imgur.com/rKSohvr.gif

drackgon
05-19-2020, 11:14 AM
I would love at lest guild wars back(i highly doubt anyone would do it).. Btw there is pvp already just gotta get everyone to turn in book. So this is all moot point. just get people to turn their books in. I think would be super funny to watch a bunch of people turn theres.

indiscriminate_hater
05-19-2020, 11:25 AM
Have you tried forming a crew?

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 11:44 AM
alll those solutions are just uhmm sexually deviant in some weird fetishistic way, i dont want people to be blue on my server

its not the same as having a red only box

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 11:45 AM
also i dont need pelts, or stuff to have fun, i sit around trolling /1 or /ooc good for me

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 11:46 AM
or /g or /gu if people are unlucky enough to invite me

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 11:47 AM
forgive me i'm not really ranting just shipping toasts to the good o'l days when people were like, more normal, and i was the only weirdo :(

drackgon
05-19-2020, 12:33 PM
Go back to red and dead. That way you can have all the pvp fun.

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 12:53 PM
Go back to red and dead. That way you can have all the pvp fun.

I want a fresh box not in velious that isn't going to be wiped in 6 months, I am not going back until someone (other than me) achieves this.

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 12:53 PM
I want a fresh box not in velious that isn't going to be wiped in 6 months, I am not going back until someone (other than me) achieves this.

*wiped or frankenstied with custom content

drackgon
05-19-2020, 12:59 PM
Then why not push for a Teal pvp server? (very unlikely) Instead of wanting to change current server(which we all know they won't do). And not having velious content seems like whining, is all red players like that?

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 01:01 PM
Then why not push for a Teal pvp server? (very unlikely) Instead of wanting to change current server(which we all know they won't do). And not having velious content seems like whining, is all red players like that?

No its not whining as much as you want it to be the 200people who can pvp and are interested in pvp lose interest when people start poopsocking PoM and we all have better things to do then 'disrupt' that for those that are dedicated to BIS in every slot for 24+ alts

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 01:03 PM
see this thrad for more historical perspective

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358896

it's impossible to lose on red if u are really really lifeless u just automatically get stuff and wait in like for 180 years behind bladefrenzy and his eurotimes needing pixels that are super hard apparently to get to

Mblake81
05-19-2020, 01:11 PM
a grizzly bear was killing me lol

https://i.imgur.com/yrPweN6.jpg

TheSurgeon
05-20-2020, 11:10 PM
Eventually some of these fucks have to start dying off. Or Mama will go and then they'll have no one to feed them Pop Tarts and Hot Pockets.

magnetaress
05-20-2020, 11:22 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yrPweN6.jpg
He headshotted me. I was going to draw stuff about it but I lost the will.
Eventually some of these fucks have to start dying off. Or Mama will go and then they'll have no one to feed them Pop Tarts and Hot Pockets.
My God. I hope so but I also feel like online worlds are going to be used to keep us pacified. There's already enough computational capability filling landfills that countries without running water can host an individual WoW server by simply trading UN grain on the black market.

Who knows. I gave up trying to fix it via the way of warfare. At this point its in God's hands and I don't mind if there's generations that fight it out over RMT, loot rights and authenticity.

If a few young artists and entrepreneurs are endowed and inspired to create some elves, magic, and Myrfolk. God bless.

Dural_Levant
05-21-2020, 12:13 PM
I had to double post because a grizzly bear was killing me lol.

but liek, even on live tlps there's those people just camping shit without really playing the game anymore, they just tab around between 15 different servers and farm pelts.

God bless em, they make the pelt economy strong so those that focus on exp instead of gear and raid can just max tailoring in like 1 day instead of 10.

Can you really max tailoring in 1 day? or is the hyperbol? If not, tell me more!

Kaellaven
05-21-2020, 12:30 PM
Wasn’t there a /guildwar command in the early days? I remember some pretty classic guild wars between dark elves and dwarves haha!

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 12:33 PM
Can you really max tailoring in 1 day? or is the hyperbol? If not, tell me more!

On tlp u can have like 800 hq pelts and autocraft to get halfway.

Lots of materials for the velious stuff are on bazaar vendors. It is a great way to make plays.

Just buy and sell stacks.

Yes, a little hyberbole, but more like just a lack of detail.

If you dumped 500k Plat into. I day max.

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 12:34 PM
Errr pelts stack to 100 in bags.

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 12:35 PM
My brain is dying.

indiscriminate_hater
05-21-2020, 01:10 PM
agreed

goldlush
05-21-2020, 01:25 PM
My brain is dying.

Must be that 20 years of EQ :p

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 01:39 PM
its possible it would be dead already but eq kept it stimulated enough i can type and press submit aka 'post quick reply'

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Wasn’t there a /guildwar command in the early days? I remember some pretty classic guild wars between dark elves and dwarves haha!

this 100% it's not classic until that works

Snortles Chortles
05-21-2020, 02:25 PM
This message is hidden because magnetaress is on your ignore list.