PDA

View Full Version : Vid of unsupervised bot

cycl01d
05-18-2020, 02:59 AM
I decided to do a quest for RP and exploration instead of XP and plat on my new wizard. I needed to talk to Tindo Frugrin to try to get a lens for Tobon Starpyre in Ak'Anon but Tindo was locked down by a player's bot. For 45 mins, I politely asked the player to let me talk to Tindo but they never responded and every time Tindo spawned the bot sent its pet through the door to attack. I even died from Tindo's AOE when I tried to talk to him and asked the player if they were botting but they never responded. I logged out for 8 hrs or so and then logged back in and they were still there. When Tindo spawned, I tried to talk to him but the bot sent its pet through the door again. A few minutes after that, they finally sent me a tell and said they were distracted by their nephew.

I lost my original tell windows because my client crashed when I installed Fraps. I recorded the last 3 kills though for anyone who cares to take a look. The kills are at 1:20, 8:20, and 15:20. If you watch the video you'll see the player never moves, always performs the same sequence of commands with the same timing, and doesn't respond to my tell (even though they had recently contributed to my death and I've never met them before).

https://www.metacafe.com/watch/12073321/project-1999-green-botter-audena/

Vsynk
05-19-2020, 01:06 AM
So because someone doesn't talk to you or move they must be a bot. I am not going to lie, that is a bad way of looking at something. I am going to play the devil's advocate.

A lot of us semi AFK camp stuff. I have, and do sit sometimes for up to 8 hours in one spot while killing a mob. And by sit in one spot, I mean not moving beyond what the mob pushes me. I set a timer, when it goes off I kill it sit down to med and afk again until the timer goes off again.

Now do I think that people could possibly be using a bot program on this server?
Anything is possible, but calling out a person and posting a video, that you can only make an assumption of botting on the public forums is kind of cheesy. They have the petition / exploit forum where you can report stuff without ruining someones name.

Also, I am not the person in the video. Since I am assuming someone will most likely say that lol.

Albane
05-19-2020, 01:17 AM
Considering how easy it was in 1996 to bot commands. I really doubt they could stop it from happening in 2020.

This is obviously a bot and I hope they get removed and have to make up a new email address to bot again. /s

branamil
05-19-2020, 01:33 AM
So because someone doesn't talk to you or move they must be a bot. I am not going to lie, that is a bad way of looking at something. I am going to play the devil's advocate.

A lot of us semi AFK camp stuff. I have, and do sit sometimes for up to 8 hours in one spot while killing a mob. And by sit in one spot, I mean not moving beyond what the mob pushes me. I set a timer, when it goes off I kill it sit down to med and afk again until the timer goes off again.

Now do I think that people could possibly be using a bot program on this server?
Anything is possible, but calling out a person and posting a video, that you can only make an assumption of botting on the public forums is kind of cheesy. They have the petition / exploit forum where you can report stuff without ruining someones name.

Also, I am not the person in the video. Since I am assuming someone will most likely say that lol.

Oh please. No one doesn't move for 8 hours. It's obviously scripted

Vsynk
05-19-2020, 01:43 AM
I have sit for 8 hours in one spot, now does that happen all the time no. However It does happen, when I am grinding safe and steady xp.

As mentioned though, I cannot vouch for the person in the video. I didn't even watch the video, as the description the person provided sounded similar to what I do.

I do not script anything, I just come back kill and afk again. I do use the same pattern of spells and such each time. I would hate to think due to I use the same rotation each time and don't move that people would think I was botting.

I do respond to tells, though sometimes delayed as they send them as I am afk between spawns.

annali
05-19-2020, 02:25 AM
That is clearly a bot. The same sequence. Sends pet and attacks the same second the npc spawns, chain nukes (even nukes the corpse) pauses 30 odd seconds pet buffs then sits. Repeat.

Hopefully will be banned soon.

portses
05-19-2020, 03:31 AM
That is clearly a bot. The same sequence. Sends pet and attacks the same second the npc spawns, chain nukes (even nukes the corpse) pauses 30 odd seconds pet buffs then sits. Repeat.

This reminds me of every mage I've every grouped with.:D:D:D

Trexller
05-19-2020, 05:08 AM
This is absolutely a botter.

Mob spawns
Pet attacks
Nukes Twice (2nd nuke always nukes the corpse, a live player would realize this and stop doing it)
Pause for pet haste timer
Pet hasted
Player sits until next spawn
rinses and repeats.

Ban this player immediately, this is exactly what P99 IS NOT about.

Cen
05-19-2020, 08:03 AM
I have sit for 8 hours in one spot, now does that happen all the time no. However It does happen, when I am grinding safe and steady xp.

As mentioned though, I cannot vouch for the person in the video. I didn't even watch the video, as the description the person provided sounded similar to what I do.

I do not script anything, I just come back kill and afk again. I do use the same pattern of spells and such each time. I would hate to think due to I use the same rotation each time and don't move that people would think I was botting.

I do respond to tells, though sometimes delayed as they send them as I am afk between spawns.

In this case you should watch the video then rewrite your post. This one is funny

drackgon
05-19-2020, 08:32 AM
Vsynk 14 post.. Guy is special. Someone gives real evidence and its like nope not having it....."this isnt me, but i do same thing", soo you clearly use a script for 8+ hours doing the exactly same timing(watch video look at timer, clearly its a 30 sec pause macro being used for haste buff)

OP Good job. Its kind of funny wasn't long ago guy caught someone at SF mills doing same thing was a post. (guy made a toon with like same npc toon name, and the bot kept nuking him instead lmao) But Kudos for recording it, hope GMs bring the Ban hammer down.

Taiku
05-19-2020, 11:05 AM
ban this botter

Castle2.0
05-19-2020, 12:25 PM
OP Good job. Its kind of funny wasn't long ago guy caught someone at SF mills doing same thing was a post. (guy made a toon with like same npc toon name, and the bot kept nuking him instead lmao) But Kudos for recording it, hope GMs bring the Ban hammer down. That was me busting the cheater :) See thread here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347232

If you take your time to document with photos and contact GMs (and a GM is on while they are botting) they will take care of them.

Photo proof GMs do NOT put up with botting at the Steamfont Windmills:
https://i.ibb.co/BtKyRT6/EQ000343.png

P.S. Did Warrio (the botter) reroll and is back at it again?

drackgon
05-19-2020, 01:02 PM
Probably did. Or just one of his many accounts hes got going at same time. Mages are ez to bot and afk with. Wouldn't surprise me If he sets up like 12 accounts, and just hopes 1 or 2 makes it..

Canelek
05-19-2020, 01:16 PM
I play a mage mainly and it certainly feels robotic at times due to the simplicity of the class. But yeah, nuking corpses consistently is pretty obvious. Hell, I even "loot" mobs who do not drop loot out of habit from when Abu boxes were dropping, not to mention refreshing buffs.

annali
05-19-2020, 02:45 PM
Ban hammer is yet to swing, Audena currently in Rivervale. ;(

douglas1999
05-19-2020, 03:08 PM
Remember you can't PROVE somebody is botting unless you can literally read their mind and have clairvoyant access to their brain. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, they might have just been distracted by their nephew!

douglas1999
05-19-2020, 03:10 PM
Just like all the duos I see where one character is autofollowing. I've played this game for 20 years, I don't think I've ever once autofollowed anybody outside of like the first month I played. It's so glitchy and undependable there's no reason to do it if you're not boxing.

Evia
05-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Wow... Pretty clearly botting.

Surprised we got ppl trying to white knight this behavior.

loramin
05-19-2020, 03:12 PM
Remember you can't PROVE somebody is botting unless you can literally read their mind and have clairvoyant access to their brain. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, they might have just been distracted by their nephew!

This is just wrong. The staff has a two-box test, and it's very successful. Testing a single boxer (botter) is even easier.

Also, for the record, I use auto-follow sometimes. Just depends on where I am and how lazy I feel.

douglas1999
05-19-2020, 03:34 PM
This is just wrong. The staff has a two-box test, and it's very successful. Testing a single boxer (botter) is even easier.

Also, for the record, I use auto-follow sometimes. Just depends on where I am and how lazy I feel.

Yeah, I wasn't saying 100% of people who autofollow are boxing. Only like... 90%.

drackgon
05-19-2020, 04:02 PM
lol will also defend Auto follow.. AF run through WK EVERYTIME!!(or at least being the one that peeps are using AF on).

But yeah, Gms have test like Loramin said. Just watching the video, clearly its botting. Opening a petition is buried among tons of others. To get a quick response @CSR on the p99 they will handle it quickly then.

Cen
05-19-2020, 05:17 PM
I always wondered if it was against the rules to be leveling while AFK but not by your own actions
For example, i grouped with a guy in highkeep who said he cant wait till he's 34 so he can join a group with his levelv50 friend who farms hill giants because he will afk in hide on top of mountain while he works soaking up the xp wasted on his friend and I thought it was a legit idea but now I'm not sure.

loramin
05-19-2020, 05:25 PM
I always wondered if it was against the rules to be leveling while AFK but not by your own actions
For example, i grouped with a guy in highkeep who said he cant wait till he's 34 so he can join a group with his levelv50 friend who farms hill giants because he will afk in hide on top of mountain while he works soaking up the xp wasted on his friend and I thought it was a legit idea but now I'm not sure.

3. You may not kill NPC's while you are not at your PC.

It is against the rules to "afk camp" any NPC or groups of NPC's by placing a pet nearby and letting it kill while you are away from your computer. Any other form of "afk camping", such as faction killing, is also against the rules, and you may be subject to disciplinary action.

There's some ambiguity there, but per that last sentence it seems likely to be against the rules.

However, even if it is, there's a "letter of the law vs. practice" issue here. While in theory it might be against the rules ... what are the odds that when you do this someone else (not in your group) sees you doing it, realizes that you are "AFK camping" (vs. just taking an AFK break) and actually bothers to petition? Because until someone gets a GM to come look at you, you could be violating 20 server rules at once and it won't matter.

Albanwr
05-19-2020, 08:02 PM
There's some ambiguity there, but per that last sentence it seems likely to be against the rules.

However, even if it is, there's a "letter of the law vs. practice" issue here. While in theory it might be against the rules ... what are the odds that when you do this someone else (not in your group) sees you doing it, realizes that you are "AFK camping" (vs. just taking an AFK break) and actually bothers to petition? Because until someone gets a GM to come look at you, you could be violating 20 server rules at once and it won't matter.

But the person who is AFK is not killing said targets. hes simply getting exp from someone else who is at their PC. If it was against the rules then there would be no such thing as "AFK power leveling" and that is all the rage.

Zephire
05-19-2020, 08:13 PM
Just like all the duos I see where one character is autofollowing. I've played this game for 20 years, I don't think I've ever once autofollowed anybody outside of like the first month I played. It's so glitchy and undependable there's no reason to do it if you're not boxing.

You laggin bro?

I've AF'd since 99. AF'd a guild member last night from NK to Perma because I was eating.

Worked great in 99.. works great now.

On that note, watch the video.. that player is clearly using a script.

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 08:17 PM
Delete the bot. People don't even bot this egregiously where botting has been legalized.

cd288
05-19-2020, 08:38 PM

That's not against the rules. What would be against the rules as far as AFK goes is putting your pet on guard on a spawn and then leaving and having it kill the spawn every time, for example.

If someone wants to let you leach EXP from them, that's their prerogative and not much different from PLing. Note that you would have to consider your ability to defend yourself from an RMT accusation if the staff thought you had RMTed PLing in the form of sitting grouped with the PLer (such as being able to prove the person was your friend etc.).

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 08:57 PM
basically dont play this game without an elf lawyer

none of u should be playing this game if u need an elf lawyer to be playing this game

kind of a catch22 but there it is

cycl01d
05-19-2020, 11:17 PM
Plot twist: I don't necessarily mind bots as long as they act more human-like and don't lock down my quest mob. I've never botted on P99 but I've botted before on other games.

Menenolly
05-21-2020, 09:23 PM
I so rarely nuke a corpse, super rare.

Cen
05-21-2020, 09:37 PM
I had a hilarious idea for a tunnel bot. Every 20 minutes it tries to WTS Testament of Vaenar in one line, and thats it. Let it run for a year see how many notice.

bubur
05-21-2020, 10:19 PM
fund it

DMN
05-21-2020, 10:58 PM
I had a hilarious idea for a tunnel bot. Every 20 minutes it tries to WTS Testament of Vaenar in one line, and thats it. Let it run for a year see how many notice.

Is your misspelling of Vanear suppose to be the funny part?

rewinder47
05-22-2020, 06:16 AM
This needs to be posted in the Petition/Exploit forum if you want to make sure it is taken care of

Cen
05-22-2020, 10:44 AM
Is your misspelling of Vanear suppose to be the funny part?

No, but it doesn't hurt for the collection of tell logs I guess. Also, there isn't *actually* a funny part here outside of the concept is to me.

Now that I outed it it would be too quick, but I wonder how long it could have run for being annoying, like half the telemarketer bots that don't actually work.

Jungleberry
05-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Plot twist: I don't necessarily mind bots as long as they act more human-like and don't lock down my quest mob. I've never botted on P99 but I've botted before on other games.

Ban.

Elijah850
05-22-2020, 05:13 PM
It is totally funny Cenbo. Vanear is No-Drop but i bet 100% youd get offers on it for a while lol.

Dulu
05-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Imagine your 14th post in 10 years on this website being a completely irrational defense of an obvious botter.

That's suspicious.

branamil
05-22-2020, 06:03 PM
Anyone defending the botter should have their logs monitored closely by a GM, its a huge red flag!

annali
05-22-2020, 06:16 PM
Audena still botting his way to 50! Level 48 now.

Jungleberry
05-22-2020, 09:55 PM
Honestly very surprised they are still on the server...

annali
05-23-2020, 01:25 PM
Level 49! This person appears to never sleep !

Lunababy
05-23-2020, 02:08 PM

I see what you are saying and I see what the OP is saying. All I can say is EQ is actually a game where you give it short attention every 5-15 minutes over the course of an entire day so either case could be true.

Barbados82
05-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Seems very unfair.

wicadragon
06-01-2020, 02:24 AM
Harlee is bot farming in south Kaladim right now.
its bad enough p99 has change programing of orginal and later.
ie
you were able to heal and buff npcs. p99 changed this
more mobs spawned in lowbie area in Everfrost.
p99 decreased ORGINAL xp. as if it wasn't bad enough

Poetic
06-01-2020, 10:15 PM
I wasnt botting, but I was binging the last 4 episodes of upload on Netflix, which was incredible. I apologize for not replying, literally playing on a mini laptop with limited visibility so I do less playing and more just spawn killing with 1 keybind. The mob was overly easy and just farming lazy and slow experience. I did see your messages later and attempted to apologize for missing your chat which was fairly vagrant, but again sorry if I caused you a headache. This is in reply to dragon above.

cd288
06-02-2020, 12:01 AM
Harlee is bot farming in south Kaladim right now.
its bad enough p99 has change programing of orginal and later.
ie
you were able to heal and buff npcs. p99 changed this
more mobs spawned in lowbie area in Everfrost.
p99 decreased ORGINAL xp. as if it wasn't bad enough

Stfu. I’m glad Harper came to this thread and owned you

Bigsham
06-02-2020, 12:10 PM
I wasnt botting, but I was binging the last 4 episodes of upload on Netflix, which was incredible. I apologize for not replying, literally playing on a mini laptop with limited visibility so I do less playing and more just spawn killing with 1 keybind. The mob was overly easy and just farming lazy and slow experience. I did see your messages later and attempted to apologize for missing your chat which was fairly vagrant, but again sorry if I caused you a headache. This is in reply to dragon above.

Defending yourself against anyone on a forum never works, thankfully you only need to defend yourself to staff should they make a formal inquiry ( no one did )

dont worry about it, elfquest is very serious for some of these kids