PDA

View Full Version : Crucify IV -- need some quick input

Vile
05-05-2011, 10:39 PM
MM or LGUK

Max lvl is going to be 50 to start... start at lvl 30 with accelerated XP, or fuck lvling, start at 50, PvP and get gear?

Abacab "The REAL truth"
05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
MM or LGUK

Max lvl is going to be 50 to start... start at lvl 30 with accelerated XP, or fuck lvling, start at 50, PvP and get gear?

Start at like 35 so with a +/- 10 level limit for PvP, so people don't completely fag it up and camp alts or some shit with their min-max'd characters.

I'd also say lguk, MM is kind of a pain in the ass and completely buggy and everyone is completely familiar with lguk and some of the best pvp happens there.

Could also do the QvF approach and have tiers of armor drop from mobs, increasing in usefulness as you go into harder zones.

Vile
05-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Could also do the QvF approach and have tiers of armor drop from mobs, increasing in usefulness as you go into harder zones.
That's already the game plan... some zones will have items you'll want to camp as well to increase PvP in specific zones.

Drops will also be less than what you saw on QvF and the old Crucify servers, but it really wont be too bad.

I almost don't see the point of starting at 30 or 35.. people just want to be max level, PvP, and get gear... I think the leveling process would just be a waste of time for what we're all trying to accomplish here.

When I do release a second world, I do plan on raising the level limit to 60 though.

Pudge
05-05-2011, 11:05 PM
why you tryina compete with tarwine the day before his server comes out?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Altergate - Open Racewars Server Begins Friday May 6, 2011

We've been working on this server for a long time. Here are the highlights:

PvP
-Attack Anyone: whether they be on your team, or low level, but you won't want to do it often because there are repercussions.
-PvP Points System: earn points based on how good the person you killed is. Go in to debt for dying, less if you suck.
-"Most Wanted" Leaderboard: See who is currently worth the most points to kill.
-Website integrated with in-game stats and pvp stats.
-Many tools to stem hacks.

World
-9 zones: never find yourself alone, or running across 4 zones to find some pvp.
-Totally custom content
-Over 600 custom items
-Content made to encourage pvp
-Raid content made for pvp

Server launches this Friday at 5PM PST.

http://alter-gate.com

Vile
05-05-2011, 11:16 PM
why you tryina compete with tarwine the day before his server comes out?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Altergate - Open Racewars Server Begins Friday May 6, 2011

We've been working on this server for a long time. Here are the highlights:

PvP
-Attack Anyone: whether they be on your team, or low level, but you won't want to do it often because there are repercussions.
-PvP Points System: earn points based on how good the person you killed is. Go in to debt for dying, less if you suck.
-"Most Wanted" Leaderboard: See who is currently worth the most points to kill.
-Website integrated with in-game stats and pvp stats.
-Many tools to stem hacks.

World
-9 zones: never find yourself alone, or running across 4 zones to find some pvp.
-Totally custom content
-Over 600 custom items
-Content made to encourage pvp
-Raid content made for pvp

Server launches this Friday at 5PM PST.

http://alter-gate.com

Tarwine is putting out a great server and I had interest in playing and maybe even helping him develop if he would have liked my help. When I logged in to play,it just wasn't something I personally found fun. My servers offer a different style of gameplay and I am in no way trying to compete with Tarwine. I thought his server was already up and running by the way? Didn't realize it was coming out tomorrow.. I still have a few days minimum and as I've expressed in other posts here, my server should be good to go around May 9th when I get my own apartment with no room mate to bog down the server when he decides to play his PS3.

I also need an excuse to fuck around with C++/PHP/MySQL and running an EQ server is an easy way to get the experience.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
05-05-2011, 11:17 PM
That's already the game plan... some zones will have items you'll want to camp as well to increase PvP in specific zones.

Drops will also be less than what you saw on QvF and the old Crucify servers, but it really wont be too bad.

I almost don't see the point of starting at 30 or 35.. people just want to be max level, PvP, and get gear... I think the leveling process would just be a waste of time for what we're all trying to accomplish here.

When I do release a second world, I do plan on raising the level limit to 60 though.

If you would start at max level. max skill, max spellset etc. then you might as well just put in merchants that hand you BiS gear for free which is how the WoW arena server is done.

I would be down for that as well since it then becomes gladiatorial and relies solely on skill and knowing your class over who camps what mob the longest or who gets RNG for rare items.

I suppose just put in those merchants and have players drop a "coin" which can be turned in for specific awards and some sort of leader board.

Vile
05-05-2011, 11:25 PM
If you would start at max level. max skill, max spellset etc. then you might as well just put in merchants that hand you BiS gear for free which is how the WoW arena server is done.

I would be down for that as well since it then becomes gladiatorial and relies solely on skill and knowing your class over who camps what mob the longest or who gets RNG for rare items.

I suppose just put in those merchants and have players drop a "coin" which can be turned in for specific awards and some sort of leader board.
I wanna make people work for their shit.. gonna start out with no gear for sure..

JayDee
05-05-2011, 11:27 PM
How bout work with null to get 99 red launched sooner.

You know, instead of releasing 10 modified/bugged servers that nobody cares about.

JayDee
05-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I enjoyed your prior servers bro, but we both know this isn't going anywhere.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
05-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I wanna make people work for their shit.. gonna start out with no gear for sure..

That setup would be alright if you're ok with having a server that is 2% warriors/rogues/monks and 98% druids/mages/necros etc.

I mean that's cool and all but completely cripples pure melee, starting at level 1 with a rusty short sword is fine, but starting at level 50 with no armor, weapons, and shit resists; you'll pretty much be asking to get blown down by chain petting mages/necros or kited to death by druids... which was a huge problem on alter-gate and every other custom PvP server that has accelerated leveling.

I mean if you want people to just jump right in to PvP and have it fun and not some grindfest or being completely revolving around who can root /pet attack first you gotta throw melee a bone.

Ennoia
05-05-2011, 11:37 PM

You know, instead of releasing 10 modified/bugged servers that nobody cares about.

Vile
05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
I mean that's cool and all but completely cripples pure melee, starting at level 1 with a rusty short sword is fine, but starting at level 50 with no armor, weapons, and shit resists; you'll pretty much be asking to get blown down by chain petting mages/necros or kited to death by druids... which was a huge problem on alter-gate and every other custom PvP server that has accelerated leveling.

I believe this is how P99 Red will play out in the beginning and also how every version of VZTZ played out when it was wiped and restarted..

You do have a point, I will think about it..

Dojii
05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
throw them a bone !!!

Vile
05-05-2011, 11:40 PM

I haven't seen Null mention anything.. no one has asked for any volunteers and we've had absolutely 0 official word on the server, just forums to keep us from trolling the bluebies...

naez
05-05-2011, 11:43 PM
knuckle told me null told him he said she said that red99 is months away

Pudge
05-05-2011, 11:45 PM
o and as to MM or Guk.. everyone loves guk and it is a fun place, but the last time i remember fighting over the roof in MM was..... way way back on live. doing MM would switch it up a little

then again, Lguk has multiple entrances, would be cool to have different ways to get into the dungeon, especially if you have having teams.. i dont know what you plan on for the server though

Abacab "The REAL truth"
05-05-2011, 11:47 PM
I believe this is how P99 Red will play out in the beginning and also how every version of VZTZ played out when it was wiped and restarted..

You do have a point, I will think about it..

I mean VZ/TZ and P99 is understandable because mages start with some 4 damage spell and have to research to become powerful to do big things, they start with melee on a very equal platform and don't excel until level 8+ when they can start to solo effectively.

Starting them off at level 50 with some pet that double attacks for 120+ as they nuke for 600+ while melee are using their fist that hits for like 6 damage is just plain asinine and would prevent anyone from ever rolling a melee unless they could balls out twink them.

What I'm trying to say is there is a difference between fighting casters 1-50 as you both scramble to level and outgear one another, and starting them at 50 which benefits casters as they have zero gear dependency while a naked 50 warrior is completely useless.

naez
05-06-2011, 12:04 AM
I don't wanna play a rogue and see the leader boards be dominated by Gabober, Xebaber and Jonotik

dont worry br0; you wont (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35833#post283194)

Dojii
05-06-2011, 12:52 AM
im not clicking that link naez

naez
05-06-2011, 12:58 AM
but y u mad

Dojii
05-06-2011, 01:02 AM
i dont want you to uninstall my main frame

naez
05-06-2011, 01:07 AM
need hax for IRL

Darwoth
05-06-2011, 02:06 AM
what is crucify iv?

naez
05-06-2011, 02:18 AM
the sequel to crucify iii :confused:

Xareth
05-06-2011, 02:30 AM
tits

Tonomar
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Vile, just make it how it used to be. Leveling, all random drops, unrest spot of epicz. So much fun.

Crazycloud
05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
The last QvF had a bigger pop then VZTZ during the same time they were both out. All zones were small and fun to pvp in. Being max'd lvl and then going out to pvp isn't my type of stuff. I usually like fighting for my xp/gear camps.

Salty
05-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Lguk, MM is too open besides the castle.

Clownface
05-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Lguk

Vile
05-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Ok.. I think I've finalized my plan.

Start @ lvl 5.. if you're a caster of any sort you have all your spells scribed.

Here is the zone map:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2zg52cj.jpg

Working on loot now..

Pudge
05-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Lfay? not Gfay?

Vile
05-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Lfay? not Gfay?

Correct. You will be ported to Lfay after speaking w/ Ayonae Ro in the the Graveyard zone.

Upper Guk = MM
Crushbone = Steamfont
Unrest = Gfay

Casters will be able to gate back to the GY and melee will receive a 10 sec cast stone to gate back.

Dacbane
05-07-2011, 02:42 AM
Correct. You will be ported to Lfay after speaking w/ Ayonae Ro in the the Graveyard zone.

AYRO

(I just registered to say that)

Vile
05-07-2011, 03:30 AM
AYRO

(I just registered to say that)

Hell yes. I didn't even have to text you to make you appear. Lasher has been looking for you bro.

mimixownzall
05-07-2011, 05:48 AM
knuckle told me null told him he said she said that red99 is months away

I don't know why it would be MONTHS away. P99 looks pretty polished as far as I can tell; just as good as live was at the time. All they would have to do is figure out the resists and some small pvp stuff and copy the world over, right?

naez
05-07-2011, 06:11 AM
ikr

Rushmore
05-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Tarwine's server has a really good foundation. His forums and leader board are sexy. Good zone mix up. Raid mobs announce /shout in zone when you attack them. People should stop whining and play if for more than an hr before they quit after dying one time.

Pudge you even playing?

Foxx
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
altergate is pretty horrible

Vile
05-09-2011, 11:51 PM
I have officially moved and internet is up.. server could possible see some light this weekend.

naez
05-09-2011, 11:53 PM
sry bro but those of us in the upper class have better things to do

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/359/picture001qq.jpg

Foxx
05-09-2011, 11:54 PM
altergate box crashed and burned.... vile, put up box tonight imo

-ur pal, showtime

Vile
05-09-2011, 11:59 PM
altergate box crashed and burned.... vile, put up box tonight imo

-ur pal, showtime

I am sure Tarwine will get it back up bro. I have to make all classes GMs and make Ayonae hand out quest and port you fools to World I as well as populate all the lewtz... zzz gonna take me some weedy nights

Foxx
05-10-2011, 12:01 AM
msg me on aim vile

redmoscow55

Doors
05-10-2011, 03:04 AM
Hey guess who called Altergate lasting a week?

This guy.

Xareth
05-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Hey guess who called Altergate lasting a week?

This guy.

And who called you an idiot?

Everyone.

Doors
05-10-2011, 03:59 AM
Bro I don't talk to orcs being the noble kobold that I am. Maybe work on that forum rank, get good, then come talk to me.

Doors
05-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Sig update everyone, gaining more insight on EQ pvp 'skill' as Altergate plays out.

Hopefully Rogean isn't prone to having Aneurysms. God knows he might have one when he needs to ban the hundreds of hackers that will migrate to red99.

Ruinous
05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
sry bro but those of us in the upper class have better things to do

You look dark and mysterious IRL just like your avatar pal! Do necromancers really partake in science fiction novels though?

Xareth
05-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Bro I don't talk to orcs being the noble kobold that I am. Maybe work on that forum rank, get good, then come talk to me.

Hahaha yeah, I dream of elite status and high post counts...

Misto
05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Hahaha yeah, I dream of elite status and high post counts...

After you typed that, you wanked it to his elite status and high post count.

Xareth
05-11-2011, 02:22 AM
After you typed that, you wanked it to his elite status and high post count.

You like little boys dontcha?

karakedix1
05-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Waiting for new jobs. come easy. thanks

Vile
05-11-2011, 10:20 AM
wtf

Tonomar
05-13-2011, 10:23 PM
heard you gave up on crucify, this true Vile dawg?

Vile
05-14-2011, 07:22 PM
just really lazy right now and setting up the new apartment has been a never ending saga. we're about 95% done.. something could possibly be up in the next week or so, i am no no rush at all unfortunately :(

i am also not even sure how many people are even wanting to play it as tarwine's box has been holding up pretty well.

naez
05-14-2011, 07:39 PM
translation: going to need to get high 1st

Vile
05-14-2011, 08:24 PM
translation: going to need to get high 1st

and im running low :(

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mrzknr.jpg

naez
05-14-2011, 08:33 PM
unless you're rolling blunts or packing gram bowls that 1/8th and change oughta last a couple more days I reckon.

thank god 4 weed or I'd be an alcoholic/drug addict/eqgamer

Vile
05-14-2011, 08:46 PM
unless you're rolling blunts or packing gram bowls that 1/8th and change oughta last a couple more days I reckon.

thank god 4 weed or I'd be an alcoholic/drug addict/eqgamer

all of the above bro

http://i54.tinypic.com/28ate86.jpg

naez
05-14-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyVwBMCezQM

Tonomar
05-14-2011, 10:13 PM
You should see if Null needs any help coding then bru, help speed along red99.

Dacbane
05-15-2011, 04:38 AM
According to a 2009 state-by-state analysis by researcher and former NORML Director Jon Gettman, no other state routinely punishes minor marijuana more severely than does the Sunshine State. Under Florida law, marijuana possession of 20 grams or less (about two-thirds of an ounce) is a criminal misdemeanor punishable by up to one-year imprisonment and a $1,000 fine.

Marijuana possession over 20 grams, as well as the cultivation of even a single pot plant, are defined by law as felony offenses – punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. In recent years, state lawmakers have revisited the state’s marijuana penalties – in each case electing to enhance Florida’s already toughest-in-the-nation criminal punishments.

naez
05-15-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/04/21/thor.gif

mycutie
05-15-2011, 02:43 PM
hey im a halfling druid starting out and i was wondering if im still able to get the newbie gear, "mosstoe armor" starting out... i hail the durid gm and ask the question but he doesnt respond? anyone know any other solutions?

Mardur
05-17-2011, 04:16 PM
hey im a halfling druid starting out and i was wondering if im still able to get the newbie gear, "mosstoe armor" starting out... i hail the durid gm and ask the question but he doesnt respond? anyone know any other solutions?

Not sure if you could have posted this question in a more inappropriate thread.

Moss Toe armor was added post-2001 and therefore is not available on P99.

Knuckle
05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Not sure if you could have posted this question in a more inappropriate thread.

Moss Toe armor was added post-2001 and therefore is not available on P99.

man you just got trolled i love these forums

Foxx
05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
try responding in spanish, most halflings are mexicans