PDA

View Full Version : Aradune

Daldaen
05-17-2020, 12:51 AM
Everyone excited for Aradune launch on May 27th?

If not psych yourselves up with this rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfX7d3FQLbc&feature=youtu.be

Daloon
05-17-2020, 01:02 AM
Nope

Snortles Chortles
05-17-2020, 01:05 AM
https://i.imgur.com/XylQ6f5.gif

Albanwr
05-17-2020, 02:47 AM
wtf

Swish
05-17-2020, 02:51 AM
Sounds like a server for bad zerg guilds who can't FTE and need private ring-fenced pixels.

https://i.imgur.com/mGkHCDc.png

cd288
05-17-2020, 03:02 AM
Wonder how Brad would feel about his server having pick zones...

Megalodon
05-17-2020, 08:22 AM

I wonder how he felt about p99 waving the "we're classic" flag endlessly while being anything but.

solleks
05-17-2020, 08:37 AM
Was a big fan of Brad but not we are on to the age of Rogbog

gherron
05-17-2020, 09:40 AM

In all honesty, Brad probably only concerned himself these past few years with something that starts with O and ends in n.

Fammaden
05-17-2020, 10:12 AM
Please go, and take about half the green playerbase with you forever.

cd288
05-17-2020, 11:09 AM
In all honesty, Brad probably only concerned himself these past few years with something that starts with O and ends in n.

That’s a dickhead comment

A1551
05-17-2020, 11:55 AM
Sounds like a server for bad zerg guilds who can't FTE and need private ring-fenced pixels.

goddamn swish no mercy

Kohedron
05-17-2020, 12:20 PM
I'm not surprised you all would be excited for a server with instancing.

magnetaress
05-17-2020, 12:44 PM
I'm going to play on Aradune and Rizlona, though I passed out today only after two levels in CB on Mangler.

Stickyfingers
05-17-2020, 01:15 PM

LOL. Man, whoever made that....awesome.

jolanar
05-17-2020, 01:20 PM
Everyone excited for Aradune launch on May 27th?

If not psych yourselves up with this rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfX7d3FQLbc&feature=youtu.be

Yeesh I feel sad for that guy. Probably not far off from the typical end game raider here though.

I may actually check out Aradune and see what it's like since they are supposedly enforcing 2 box limit. I haven't really played a TLP since Fippy. I tried Agnarr for a bit but by the time I did it was already a dead server.

mycoolrausch
05-17-2020, 02:55 PM
I'm not surprised you all would be excited for a server with instancing.

Much like the rest of the human population.

Bardp1999
05-17-2020, 03:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EEvM1M3.gif

Izmael
05-17-2020, 03:19 PM
I'm actually surprised I've never heard/read Brad say anything about P99. Is there an obscure interview or something?

I think he'd be thrilled about P99. It's a tribute to his (and Smed's) Vision for the game, without the ill-fated compromises that eventually turned live EQ into the ersatz we can witness today.

Snortles Chortles
05-17-2020, 03:21 PM
he used to play on red anon it is rumored
brad blesS

Sibelia1
05-17-2020, 05:51 PM
hello big man I am going to be playing on Aradune with at least several pretty girls and boys who are highly talented (all 130+ IQ and above 6 feet). u seem fun loving and I would gladly join you're warband.

Sibelia1
05-17-2020, 05:53 PM
^that poster^ is totally right btw.

Nirgon
05-17-2020, 06:25 PM
Back 2 Phinigel

The Deleted One
05-17-2020, 06:49 PM
Aradune.. hmmm

gherron
05-17-2020, 09:17 PM

I was actually trying to be respectful in the sense that only people who KNOW what I'm referring to would get it. I clearly loved, and still love, his work on EQ before he developed other interests since I am part of this community.

Megalodon
05-17-2020, 09:30 PM

Riiiiight because our rooted dragons, heavily co-OP'd policed raid system with recharged item dependent raids is the untouched Eden of 1999 everquest.

I'm guessing you were in one "if only" guilds who never made it past Saturday night pickup raids

Swish
05-18-2020, 03:56 AM
Riiiiight because our rooted dragons, heavily co-OP'd policed raid system with recharged item dependent raids is the untouched Eden of 1999 everquest.

I'm guessing you were in one "if only" guilds who never made it past Saturday night pickup raids

I'm a die hard non-lucin model, hating new zones graphics guy who hasn't been on a live server since 2005 and been here on blue since launch. Just started on Mangler TLP server thinking about trying the new TLP and it's just 1000% more enjoyable at this point.

Don't use "our" when your allegiance is to Dey`break games.

Mangler must have been awful if you 1000% came back to play here :(

Tuljin
05-18-2020, 08:23 AM
hello big man I am going to be playing on Aradune with at least several pretty girls and boys who are highly talented (all 130+ IQ and above 6 feet). u seem fun loving and I would gladly join you're warband.

We three cool guys looking for other cool guys who wanna hang in our party mansion. Nothing sexual

jolanar
05-18-2020, 08:27 AM
I'm actually surprised I've never heard/read Brad say anything about P99. Is there an obscure interview or something?

I think he'd be thrilled about P99. It's a tribute to his (and Smed's) Vision for the game, without the ill-fated compromises that eventually turned live EQ into the ersatz we can witness today.

Probably didn't want to say anything that might come off as an endorsement for legal reasons.

Pint
05-18-2020, 08:30 AM

He and some other pantheon devs did a stream or something with nilbog or rogean to promote pantheon to this community.

jolanar
05-18-2020, 08:31 AM
He and some other pantheon devs did a stream or something with nilbog or rogean to promote pantheon to this community.

Really? When was that? Have a link?

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 09:39 AM
https://i.imgur.com/iZg0ASt.gif

heyokah
05-18-2020, 03:16 PM
Can't find it atm but I do remember seeing some of that stream. Rog and Nilb made him a ton with a flaming sword and green armor. It was probably a sirken stream?

Sibelia1
05-18-2020, 04:02 PM
We three cool guys looking for other cool guys who wanna hang in our party mansion. Nothing sexual

like actually? i can field the troops

Coercer
05-19-2020, 03:19 AM
Can't wait till Aradune, watching lvl 40-50 toons kill lvl 30-35 mobs caused me pain internally even if they were able to somehow enjoy themselves.

I thought these players quit eq after losing enough races on tlp's, but it seems they all just rolled on p99.

Just goes to show that time spent can overcome a great deal with a hand holding rule set.

Swish
05-19-2020, 06:09 AM
Really? When was that? Have a link?

I have a feeling there was more than 1.

The only one on Sirken's youtube is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCv7JLZ_QSA

(Back in February 2014, coming soon)

drackgon
05-19-2020, 08:35 AM
Hoping more and more go join Aradune. More mobs for me and my groups.

Not_Mikeo
05-19-2020, 10:13 AM
https://i.imgur.com/lzmdIGu.gif

Sorry Dald...

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 10:22 AM
I don't look forward to the classic Era again but I want to make a friend happy. Otherwise I would exclusively learn how to box on Rizlona for the purpose of starting up powerlvld in the non classic Era.

GinnasP99
05-19-2020, 11:07 AM
Mentally stable everquest player drops a few bars before his daily cardio

kotton05
05-19-2020, 12:18 PM
Nope

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 12:23 PM
I had kids [prepping] their [bodies] and [minds] today on [Mangler] asking about the [Neriak Red Wine] and the [Best possible vendor bags]. And what [stats] were important for their paladin. Before they rolled on Aradune. I told them the truth. [Charisma].

Shit is unreal in 2020 my friends.

Evets
05-19-2020, 12:32 PM
I'll play Aradune for awhile until it gets to the stupid expansions like all the tlp's

Evets
05-19-2020, 12:36 PM
Didn't notice the link and video at first .... on second thought after watching I might just quit eq it was so bad

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 07:00 PM
Servers are down 24 hrs. I suspect that they're being shipped to a Chinese data center run from the Pakistani border region.

Lhord99
05-20-2020, 11:21 PM
Made the switch back to live about 2 months ago now after about 7-8 years on p99. Was a good run, but god damn I'm just bored of Velious, when you're just waiting in a DKP chow line and geared in many slots with top 3 items, hearing Guild admin barking about losing FTE to the Riot zerg. What's left to do? Level yet another toon to 60? Batphone for another few months to stock up enough fictional raid currency to hopefully do it all over again? No AAs to grind, no solid quest chains for fun/gimmicky items that have no impact on strength but just make the game fun? (Spectre illusion mask, I'm looking at you). Made a ton of friends, but, let's face it...

Live is literally 26 games in one. I understand the hate it gets, but I find it to be a killer pastime. The TLPs are weird af tho - just play p99.

Rick Sanchez
05-21-2020, 09:21 AM
I’m out of the loop someone educate me, is there anything different about these TLPs other than the countless cash grabs they’ve made ? I hear you Lhord, in all honesty i have some fond memories of Luclin/PoP raiding/grouping etc.

Snortles Chortles
05-21-2020, 10:14 AM
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens.

What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Stickyfingers
05-21-2020, 10:16 AM
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens.

What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Copypasta made me snortle and chortle.

Rick Sanchez
05-21-2020, 10:29 AM
Fuck Benfica

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 11:39 AM
The TLPs are easier to level on. They support more features. Eventually you aren't trapped in velious only with a bunch of fake Eloi.

Evets
05-21-2020, 01:13 PM
Everything is easier on TLP's because of instancing

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Everything is easier on TLP's because of instancing

Instancing hurts. A little...

But like, I have limited life left in me. I don't feel like 'contesting' shit 💩 with nerds online I was able to bench press in my hay day. I ain't got nuthin to prove. Just let me /pickzone guk and hang out with my frogs m'Kay.

Snortles Chortles
05-21-2020, 02:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/DQj5Lhj.png

magnetaress
05-21-2020, 02:45 PM
this was the culimination of years of recruitng, prepping on live tlps, gym workouts, keto diets, and poweraids. and twitch streaming 'contention' and breeding the hardest core gamers the planet has ever seen and then attempting to 'dominate' the 'hippest retro project on the internet' by a bunch of memelord millennials that can't even rp elfs

p99 is a museum, it should be a museum, it should be horrible

but what happened is the equivalent of a bunch of 1st year paleantology majors raiding the smythsonian