PDA

View Full Version : They never should have nerfed Seafury Cyclopses

goldlush
05-15-2020, 08:54 PM
It's bad enough that humans lost the ability to see well without infravision ( i realize this isn't dev's fault), but now they made it even harder to get mugs of sea foam for human freeport cultural armor. Back when the cyclopses were worth it, the foam was super common, obviously because people were farming the heck out of them. They couldn't nerf the cyclopses and increase the chances of the foam, no.

They had to flat out make it a disgusting grind just for those mugs of sweet sweet foam, because you're either going to be devoted to the time sink to try to get it, or you're not going to do it at all. Who is going to "farm" cyclopses that take forever to kill, that drop like 4 pp if you're lucky, and MAYBE very rarely a gemstone? You're not. So if you're a human who wants to do their cultural armor, be prepared to hate yourself with the grind.

It's not a casual thing anymore like putting forage on your forward button and getting your temper materials, it's not like before where you could buy stacks from people who grind the cyclopses. It's a painful, disgusting grind. I wish they would think about fixing this. Make the mugs more common, or make gemstones more common, or make the cyclopses die easier, so people have intensive to go out there and farm them and then sell me their stacks of mugs of sea foam. This goes for both red and blue servers.

OK that's my rant have a nice day sirs and madams

shuklak
05-15-2020, 08:59 PM
Painful, disgusting grind sounds very classic so it sounds like it's working as The Vision intended.

Nirgon
05-15-2020, 09:10 PM
Hope they correctly reduce all light sources

The candle is a prison yard spotlight

Snortles Chortles
05-15-2020, 09:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sMoJSqC.gif

Sibelia1
05-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Hope they correctly reduce all light sources

The candle is a prison yard spotlight

you got me lolin :D nice job

goldlush
05-15-2020, 10:18 PM
Wow. Can't you all see I am hurting.

goldlush
05-15-2020, 10:23 PM
Hurting for your mugs of foamy love

goldlush
05-15-2020, 10:27 PM
Painful, disgusting grind sounds very classic so it sounds like it's working as The Vision intended.

Let's be real here, it's a mute point. There's a ton of stuff here that isn't classic and it doesn't justify it. *Throws chair across the room*

cornisthebest
05-15-2020, 11:31 PM
can't wizard quad kite seafuries pretty well? or is that at level 51 with the ice spell

k9quaint
05-16-2020, 02:30 AM
No more welfare light sources.

gherron
05-16-2020, 05:41 AM
Plural of cyclops is Cyclopes.

Mead
05-16-2020, 08:01 AM
seafury gold mine was a blow to rnf for church

Nirgon
05-16-2020, 09:53 AM
Let's be real here, it's a mute point. There's a ton of stuff here that isn't classic and it doesn't justify it. *Throws chair across the room*

Yes and those things should be reverted. The screechers should be told to play TLP or WoW.

Jimjam
05-16-2020, 02:41 PM
I believe my wizard has a bunch of these still.

Kohedron
05-16-2020, 03:17 PM
They nerfed them because you actual infants cannot play nice, basically the only rule that exists in this game.

So, really, YOU nerfed cyclops, not the P99 folks. YOU did. Yes, YOU.

Pootle
05-16-2020, 04:13 PM
You are complaining that other people aren't farming the things you want?

goldlush
05-16-2020, 04:28 PM
They nerfed them because you actual infants cannot play nice, basically the only rule that exists in this game.

So, really, YOU nerfed cyclops, not the P99 folks. YOU did. Yes, YOU.

Personally I never camped Seafuries even on live this is the first time and I'm doing it just for Mugs Of Sea Foam. Weather you played nice or not I on the other hand would have at least got my mugs on even if I had to buy it from said babies.

goldlush
05-16-2020, 04:28 PM
You are complaining that other people aren't farming the things you want?

Yes. Can I have a hug please?

goldlush
05-16-2020, 04:35 PM
If that hadn't nerfed it there would be a bunch of sea foam all over the place I mean, how more engish can it get

magnetaress
05-16-2020, 05:17 PM
you can also get them via fishing i think

magnetaress
05-16-2020, 05:18 PM
who cares how much plat is in the economy anyway, whether it be 600million or 10 billion, it makes zero difference

the only difference is things cost 1.6kp vs 16kp

magnetaress
05-16-2020, 05:19 PM
besides geods way more plat per hr

goldlush
05-16-2020, 06:06 PM

Mugs of sea foam? I think besides the goblin cheiftan only the seafuries drop it but if I can fish for it I'd be very happy

Jimjam
05-16-2020, 10:26 PM

I believe you are thinking of seaweed.

Canelek
05-17-2020, 12:28 AM
I recall getting some from the regular island goblins. I'd do the quick air walk from the gargoyle island when it was too busy. This was back in November.

annali
05-17-2020, 01:37 AM
I got loads of these last week from the low level gobbos on an island. Didn't think much of them and vendored them.

aaezil
05-17-2020, 02:03 AM
Sorry you didnt get foamy mug or whatever you’re mad about that will never be changed

kelsoider
05-17-2020, 02:08 AM
It's bad enough that humans lost the ability to see well without infravision ( i realize this isn't dev's fault), but now they made it even harder to get mugs of sea foam for human freeport cultural armor. Back when the cyclopses were worth it, the foam was super common, obviously because people were farming the heck out of them. They couldn't nerf the cyclopses and increase the chances of the foam, no.

They had to flat out make it a disgusting grind just for those mugs of sweet sweet foam, because you're either going to be devoted to the time sink to try to get it, or you're not going to do it at all. Who is going to "farm" cyclopses that take forever to kill, that drop like 4 pp if you're lucky, and MAYBE very rarely a gemstone? You're not. So if you're a human who wants to do their cultural armor, be prepared to hate yourself with the grind.

It's not a casual thing anymore like putting forage on your forward button and getting your temper materials, it's not like before where you could buy stacks from people who grind the cyclopses. It's a painful, disgusting grind. I wish they would think about fixing this. Make the mugs more common, or make gemstones more common, or make the cyclopses die easier, so people have intensive to go out there and farm them and then sell me their stacks of mugs of sea foam. This goes for both red and blue servers.

OK that's my rant have a nice day sirs and madams

I want to get behind you but this isn't a strong enough argument to persuade the courts. You need the assistance of an epic elf lawyer. It would require a John Grisham like effort to get this reversed. I would be interested to see the rate of inflation sustained on blue because of the sea fury effect(affect?) when compared to similar timelines on green. Seafuries is the only reason I was rich on blue. I could log in for a few hours and grind thousands of pp. It was great. Made fungi money relatively easily.
By the way, I did 49-50.9 at seafuries, made a bit of pp, not like the old days, but it was ok for pp made while exping. The mugs seem to be pretty common. They also vendor for 1pp a piece so its possible there's a stack for sale on AC island

Jimjam
05-17-2020, 02:29 AM
I believe my wizard has a bunch of these still.

This was a genuine offer to provide you with mugs. Get in touch. I actually gathered a few more this morning just in case you are interested.

goldlush
05-17-2020, 04:10 AM
Sorry you didnt get foamy mug or whatever you’re mad about that will never be changed

Thank you. This has been really hard on me. To alleviate my stress I see a psychotherapist who holds up pictures of mugs of sea foam and then we do coping mechanisms when the image is taken away from me. I think I'm making some real progress!

Also to those saying that normal goblins drop mugs of sea foam I appreciate the fib to make me feel better.

goldlush
05-17-2020, 04:13 AM
Also wow is this how you treat people with PTSD just wow Pixelated-Trying Seafoam-Disorder is very real you're lucky I don't report you

Jimjam
05-17-2020, 05:53 AM
All 25 of you on red go farm poor goldlush some mugs.

Swish
05-17-2020, 06:46 AM
Come on down

Sibelia1
05-17-2020, 07:14 AM
who cares how much plat is in the economy anyway, whether it be 600million or 10 billion, it makes zero difference

the only difference is things cost 1.6kp vs 16kp

cauze theres two sources of moneys, players and mobs! and with inflation the mobs, that is, the plats accessible to de WORKIN MAN, that gets less useful

Sibelia1
05-17-2020, 07:25 AM
sorry i got bored

Canelek
05-17-2020, 01:45 PM
Also to those saying that normal goblins drop mugs of sea foam I appreciate the fib to make me feel better.

*shrug* But they do.

goldlush
05-18-2020, 12:09 AM
*shrug* But they do.

Are you sure you're not thinking of elite aqua goblins which came later which do? Cause I've killed plenty of aqua goblins and never seen a mug of sea foam.

I can't find any proof it should be on their loot table so please prove me wrong.

Canelek
05-18-2020, 02:25 PM
No, it was in November. They would have been an island goblin warrior or an island goblin. Those range from 17-22 or so, which would fit the level range I was since I would kill goblins if gargoyles were not available. It would not have been at later levels, as gargs are not worth eye-farming over-level.

That is all the information I have. If you require further evidence, you have come to the wrong place as I have no skin in this--I was simply providing my experience, anecdotal or not. Maybe level up an alt to 20 or so and see for yourself? The experience is decent, so it wouldn't be a total loss.

goldlush
05-18-2020, 02:39 PM
I can find many sources that say isle goblin cheiftan drops it (although he doesnt on p99 I already reported the bug) but nothing about the isle goblins but I'll go kill a buttload of them if you think they do and I'll report back and if it does I will literally drink a mug of foam and film it in your honor for quelling my insanity.

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 02:47 PM
cauze theres two sources of moneys, players and mobs! and with inflation the mobs, that is, the plats accessible to de WORKIN MAN, that gets less useful

sorry i got bored

It's pretty simple, there's a few items that move in EC, go camp them and make money...... don't NBGreed roll like a plebe who's out to save the world.

Frakkkin Cylons.

charmcitysking
05-18-2020, 03:31 PM
I got loads of these last week from the low level gobbos on an island. Didn't think much of them and vendored them.

Same. Got like 4 or 5 while helping a lowbie shaman friend get something off a named goblin for his totemic quest. Vendored em.

Bad thread and not bad in the good way.

goldlush
05-18-2020, 03:36 PM
All 25 of you on red go farm poor goldlush some mugs.

Ha jokes on you loser :cool: thanks to the plague, there's more like 45. Praise Bertoxxulous!