PDA

View Full Version : play nice policy enforced at all?

drunkenspy
05-15-2020, 04:50 PM
The green server seems full of twinks that steal kills and farm zones farm above their level. I see people complain out of character, but there seems nothing to enforce behavior. Is this game just not for new people? Wouldn't play nice also mean give other people a chance and not farming mobs that you horrendously out level?

Baler
05-15-2020, 05:11 PM
Start by reading the Play Nice Policy & Server Rules
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325349

Snortles Chortles
05-15-2020, 05:15 PM
How dare that elf camp a mob

Kohedron
05-15-2020, 05:26 PM
You must be new here. Blue has been this way for years. Either get used to it, play on the dead red server, or go somewhere else. Simple!

indiscriminate_hater
05-15-2020, 05:29 PM
The sense of entitlement for low-level camps is strong. Take a look in the mirror, OP.

DMN
05-15-2020, 05:35 PM
You can only claim a single outdoor spawn as your camp. Additionally it usually has to be a static spawn(respawns in the same spot). if someone comes up and kills your camped mob, first tell them you were camping it. if they persist then you can report them. Do NOT kill steal from them even if it was your camped mob.

Tilien
05-15-2020, 05:40 PM
You can only claim a single outdoor spawn as your camp. Additionally it usually has to be a static spawn(respawns in the same spot). if someone comes up and kills your camped mob, first tell them you were camping it. if they persist then you can report them. Do NOT kill steal from them even if it was your camped mob.

This, but also if someone is solo clearing 3 camps inform them you want one of their camps and if they say no THEN they're breaking the rules.

TheSurgeon
05-15-2020, 06:19 PM
I have my own play nice policy. I don't act like a dick. But if someone acts like a dick to me they can get fucked. I will absolutely KS the area I was camping without any ethical qualms.

Ban my account? K

I'll walk away without giving two fucks. But that's because I'm not overly invested in EQ like some of the armchair sloven elf lawyers.

Snortles Chortles
05-15-2020, 07:15 PM
big sipD post

DMN
05-15-2020, 07:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Ui1XRAE.gif

kjs86z
05-15-2020, 07:42 PM
consider blue

drunkenspy
05-15-2020, 08:00 PM
The sense of entitlement for low-level camps is strong. Take a look in the mirror, OP.

Not sure what you mean, but it lends to that elitist attitude that doesn't welcome anyone outside of their established circle jerks. But this was just a rant, I still like the game, just figured this was place to gripe.

LazyHydras
05-15-2020, 08:17 PM
Not sure what you mean, but it lends to that elitist attitude that doesn't welcome anyone outside of their established circle jerks. But this was just a rant, I still like the game, just figured this was place to gripe.

You seem to have mistaken this forum as a place where you vent about a legitimate frustration. Rookie mistake.

drunkenspy
05-15-2020, 08:27 PM

You seem to have mistaken this forum as a place where you vent about a legitimate frustration. Rookie mistake.

No kidding.

Elijah850
05-16-2020, 12:34 PM
There are good people in this game, at all levels. There are people who respect others and operate under the same rules as real life i.e.: Treat others how you want to be treated. Unfortunately There a more out there that are "elitist" and "entitled", but not the way the trolls on this post portray them. The Entitled elistists I'm referring to are the lvl 50's that steal your camps or mobs and basically tell you to get lost. They are the problem and sadly they outnumber us who actually enjoy the co-op part of this game.

Elijah850
05-16-2020, 12:36 PM
When all you do is play pixel quest all day, of course you are going to be the man in the pixel game! Unfortunately social skills seem to be the neglected skill in those same people 9/10 times.

cd288
05-16-2020, 12:59 PM
Farming things below your level isn’t a violation of any rule OP

magnetaress
05-16-2020, 05:20 PM
its enforced all the time, whenever anyone feels like it

tokash
05-16-2020, 08:48 PM
The green server seems full of twinks that steal kills and farm zones farm above their level...

These are two totally separate issues and you're combining them as if they are one-in-the-same which is misleading.

Stealing kills is obviously wrong

But there's nothing wrong with farming zones above your level, as long as you're adhering to the camp rules, respecting your fellow players, and using common sense as per the Guidebook.

solleks
05-16-2020, 09:20 PM
To enjoy everquest in the current social climate u must reach elf spiritual enlightenment in the form of gittin gud

Swish
05-17-2020, 03:00 AM
Sorry OP... Seal Team gotta level their alts for Kunark camp outs etc, sorry if it impacts your casual nostalgic EQ experience.

tyrant49333
05-18-2020, 07:53 AM
I have my own play nice policy. I don't act like a dick. But if someone acts like a dick to me they can get fucked. I will absolutely KS the area I was camping without any ethical qualms.

Ban my account? K

I'll walk away without giving two fucks. But that's because I'm not overly invested in EQ like some of the armchair sloven elf lawyers.

Woah lookout guys we got a genuine badass here

cd288
05-18-2020, 11:46 AM
There are good people in this game, at all levels. There are people who respect others and operate under the same rules as real life i.e.: Treat others how you want to be treated. Unfortunately There a more out there that are "elitist" and "entitled", but not the way the trolls on this post portray them. The Entitled elistists I'm referring to are the lvl 50's that steal your camps or mobs and basically tell you to get lost. They are the problem and sadly they outnumber us who actually enjoy the co-op part of this game.

To me it depends on the camp. If it’s just your typical XP camp then I’m totally not going to go in and be like actually we’re in an outdoor zone you can’t camp the whole thing or stuff like that. But if it’s a really valuable cash camp for instance and you’re sitting there farming it for hours when you’re not getting any XP, then I don’t have a problem asking to split it up (and rule lawyering if you refuse).

Bardp1999
05-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Sorry OP... Seal Team gotta level their alts for Kunark camp outs etc, sorry if it impacts your casual nostalgic EQ experience.

This is a little too close to the truth for my liking

billwilliams
05-18-2020, 11:54 AM
To me it depends on the camp. If it’s just your typical XP camp then I’m totally not going to go in and be like actually we’re in an outdoor zone you can’t camp the whole thing or stuff like that. But if it’s a really valuable cash camp for instance and you’re sitting there farming it for hours when you’re not getting any XP, then I don’t have a problem asking to split it up (and rule lawyering if you refuse).

You are a dumb-ASS - this is literally what I tried to do in both instances at the OOT sis hut (players not even getting xp, just cash farming for 24+ hour periods) in the RnF threads you flame me for BEFORE the players refused and THEN shit went the way you see it in their selective screenshots.

Dolalin
05-18-2020, 12:37 PM
This was Verant's policy on camp disputes:

8.2.3 Contested Spawn Complaints

When a complaint is received indicating that a spawn or kill is contested, a disruption investigation should first be initiated according to the procedures of section 8.2.2 to determine if harassment or Zone/Area disruption is occurring. After following those procedures and issuing warnings as necessary, instruct the parties involved in the contested spawn situation to work out a compromise. Then leave the scene.

If another complaint is received involving the same spawn site, another disruption investigation should be initiated. After following those procedures and issuing warnings as necessary, if any of the parties involved were involved in the initial situation, establish a compromise for the parties to which the parties are required to abide. The compromise should be as described in section 8.2.3.1. Any party refusing to abide by the compromise established by the CS Representative should be issued a warning for disruption.

On PvP servers, where players can reach a solution to the contested spawn situation, the CS Representative does not need to require the players to share the spawn.

The compromise will require all parties to take turns killing the spawn(s). All parties involved in the contested spawn should be instructed to use /random 0 100 to choose a number. The CS Representative then uses /random 0 100. The individual with the closest number to the CS Representative’s number will be next in the rotation. The CS Representative then bases the rest of the rotation order on how close the other parties’ numbers were to theirs. The compromise established by a CS Representative must be objective and not require the CS Representative to choose one customer over another based on subjective criteria. The CS Representative is the arbiter in any disputes in establishing the compromise.

So Step 1 was, tell the players to stop the disruption and work out a sharing agreement.

If you got another petition, then Step 2 was to go there and enforce a compromise agreement. They would be forced to share the camp.

On Live, nobody had exclusive rights to a camp. That is a big difference between Live and P99 imo. I personally feel things should be more like Live.

Dolalin
05-18-2020, 12:38 PM
Link is here btw:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_Era_Customer_Service_Guidelines#8.2.3_Conte sted_Spawn_Complaints

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 12:42 PM
^^^ everywhine should be sharing lots

that means if 10 people want ac, you each get 1/10th of 1/8th of a chance to get at the AC every IRL 90 minutes. God bless you gready mossy twigs.

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 12:42 PM
*greasy

kaev
05-18-2020, 12:45 PM
On Live, nobody had exclusive rights to a camp. That is a big difference between Live and P99 imo. I personally feel things should be more like Live.

This ended a lot of disputes. When the char/group who could KS because more dps, or charm, or whatever were forced to share they often fucked off to somewhere else. Some camp disputes were one party trying to bully another off their camp, to be fair tho some were elf lawyers being dicks and demanding a share of a camp they weren't capable of breaking.

loramin
05-18-2020, 12:49 PM
Link is here btw:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_Era_Customer_Service_Guidelines#8.2.3_Conte sted_Spawn_Complaints

Live also had paid GMs: we don't. The rules here are different by necessity.

cd288
05-18-2020, 12:51 PM
You are a dumb-ASS - this is literally what I tried to do in both instances at the OOT sis hut (players not even getting xp, just cash farming for 24+ hour periods) in the RnF threads you flame me for BEFORE the players refused and THEN shit went the way you see it in their selective screenshots.

No. What you did was have a meltdown when they refused and then tried to KS and train them. That’s very different.

What I’m saying I would do is ask if they wouldn’t mind splitting it. If they say no, I would remind them of the rules and if they still said no then I would submit a petition. I would NOT touch the mobs until the staff responded to the petition to confirm that we had to split. I would NOT train someone to try and drive them out of the camp. I would NOT have an emotional and immature meltdown and verbally abuse someone over a camp in a video game.

Trexller
05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
report them for anything that happens often.

Kill Stealing, Multi-Boxing, Camp locking by hand offs to other guild members, suspected RMT, Engaging raid mobs too early, not zoning out before engaging raid mobs, Make up any violations.

Yes, these things happen everyday. But the nay-sayers will still say nay.

Its called the shotgun effect, one of those pellets is gonna hit something

With a guild like <Steal Team> one of those pellets is Definitely gonna hit something.

Good Hunting!

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 01:55 PM
Too bad red 1.0 is on a ventilator and the [Karana plague] is overtaking the lands, otherwise you could discuss loot rights in the [Plane of Valor].

Trexller
05-18-2020, 02:18 PM
Too bad red 1.0 is on a ventilator and the [Karana plague] is overtaking the lands, otherwise you could discuss loot rights in the [Plane of Valor].

This case would actually have to be heard before [The Tribunal] in the [Plane of Justice]

Bardp1999
05-18-2020, 02:28 PM
Live also had paid GMs: we don't. The rules here are different by necessity.

Derubael would like a word with you

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 02:29 PM
This case would actually have to be heard before [The Tribunal] in the [Plane of Justice]

Derubael would like a word with you

https://i.imgur.com/xnJCzrj.gif

cd288
05-18-2020, 03:08 PM
This was Verant's policy on camp disputes:

So Step 1 was, tell the players to stop the disruption and work out a sharing agreement.

If you got another petition, then Step 2 was to go there and enforce a compromise agreement. They would be forced to share the camp.

True, although in practice the whole "tell them to work out a compromise and then leave" part didn't really happen. Most of the time you showed up and just worked through the compromise with them at the time. It saved a lot more time and annoyance down the road then telling them to create a compromise and just rolling out and having to come back when they couldn't work things out again. As far as the random thing goes, that's accurate but the person who killed the mob most recently always went to the end of the order.

OuterChimp
05-19-2020, 10:37 AM
this shiz didn't happen on Teal....just sayin...