PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Getting Groups at Night?

Barbados82
05-11-2020, 02:29 AM
So for the past two and a half hours I've been unable to find any groups for my one and only character; Barumo a Level 12 Barbarian Rogue. I've been to East Commonlands, West Commonlands, Befallen, Northern Ro, Southern Ro, and I'm going to try Crushbone now after paying what little money I had for a port to get to BB.

Trying to get a bind in GFay is downright impossible and I'm just curious if this is how the rest of the game is going to be at least during this time? I would like to note that I managed to get a group earlier this evening at Befallen for a little while, but people logged off around midnight EST.

Dolalin
05-11-2020, 02:36 AM
Europe wakes up starting around 2-3am EST so you may start to see more groups starting around that time.

PST players log out around the same time so usually there's a pretty smooth transition. But there are definitely fewer Euro players.

Barbados82
05-11-2020, 02:43 AM
I managed to get a bind and then a group in Crushbone. It just took awhile. :)

Good to know about the Euro players though.

Cen
05-11-2020, 02:45 AM
I will say as a Rogue, you'll find a hard time getting groups at your level, but it becomes a lot easier for Rogue groups probably from 20-50. They make groups so smooth and even stack up to 2-3 well in certain groups. People don't group much until 20.

You can solo still but tough it out to 20 and see how it goes your almost to the awesome levels for rogue being a blending machine

Jerri
05-11-2020, 05:34 AM
Do you use the /lfg tool? I find that helps a lot when I'm looking for a group, or looking for someone to rep me etc.

Barbados82
05-11-2020, 05:37 AM
Do you use the /lfg tool? I find that helps a lot when I'm looking for a group, or looking for someone to rep me etc.

Yeah I used the LFG and walked through multiple zones with no bites. It seems like 90% of the people on this server are a necro/enchanter/druid that's soloing.

drackgon
05-11-2020, 06:09 AM
Yeah as others said /lfg tag on. As well as b4 running to zones and wasting time. Do a /who all <name of zone> find someone around ur level to spam for you, for example messaging random person around lvl 28 to do cc for you 2 figure out who calls out goblin, then message them 2 get added 2 list. Another really good tip which you may or may not like. Reroll a toon that can solo, for when your waiting for list. I've leveled an SK, Monk, and now working on warrior(lucky for me i have guildys so I generally can find groups.

For a great leveling guild look up Castle btw Barumo

reefz
05-11-2020, 06:41 AM
So for the past two and a half hours I've been unable to find any groups for my one and only character; Barumo a Level 12 Barbarian Rogue. I've been to East Commonlands, West Commonlands, Befallen, Northern Ro, Southern Ro, and I'm going to try Crushbone now after paying what little money I had for a port to get to BB.

Trying to get a bind in GFay is downright impossible and I'm just curious if this is how the rest of the game is going to be at least during this time? I would like to note that I managed to get a group earlier this evening at Befallen for a little while, but people logged off around midnight EST.

Same here man. I made a cleric with hopes of grouping easily and got to lvl17 with no groups.
It gets old running to every zone and spamming lfg to not only waste hours but not a get a group.
So I made a SK hoping to get groups and if not i could solo better than the cleric and got to 35 and I was only able to get 1 group in unrest and 1 in paw.
The paw group dropped me cause I was in banded.
So I made a rogue hoping to get more group action and it's like pulling teeth trying to get a group and if I do most likely there is no tank and it's just casters.
He's lvl29 now and has gotten a total of 3 groups.

And yes, trying to get a bind anywhere takes forever.
Sorry I have no advice, just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one.

Jimjam
05-11-2020, 08:56 AM
/ all (yourlevel-5) (yourlevel+5) send tells to any character whose level/class/location suggests they might either be in a group or would be willing to partner up.

Direct communication provides much better results than zone-wide I find.

Likewise, presence also helps: if you can be at a camp when you ask, and make it personal by addressing the characters by name, you are much more likely to get a group.

Swish
05-11-2020, 11:17 AM
Likewise, presence also helps: if you can be at a camp when you ask, and make it personal by addressing the characters by name, you are much more likely to get a group.

This works particularly well - especially if you add a lot of dps to the group or are an essential class <3

Bigsham
05-11-2020, 11:44 AM
if your not in crushbone at those levels you are doing it wrong

baue1446
05-11-2020, 12:08 PM

I lvled from 10-14 in nro dervs and they were great. Then 14-18 at oasis crocs/orcs. Exp goes super fast and always mobs to kill. Not to mention almost no danger of death with sow/close zone outs. And if death does happen. There are 1000 clerics 2 zones away in EC usually that can rez and ench always walking by to clarity.

Yes im sure crushbone has better Zem but the convenience of nro/oasis IMO is far superior lvling spot. /shrug We each have our favs.

loramin
05-11-2020, 12:36 PM

I think many would argue the exact opposite.

Blingy
05-11-2020, 01:47 PM

If you can't think of at least one better place than CB then you're doing it really wrong.

Floraline
05-11-2020, 02:08 PM
I'm a level 13 ranger and was in a group of 4 doing bandits in WK most of the night. Good xp and money. I wouldn't give up on WK, as soon as I ooc'd I got a group invite.

drackgon
05-11-2020, 02:20 PM
WK is great spot, NRO Devs ,SRO orcs/devs/desert, Oasis Crocs/orcs. Upper Guk spiders/crocs, befallen first and 2nd floor, Steamfont/lfay has lots of wandering monsters around that level. WC Orc/Devs.. I mean come on CB is nice. but so many of these spots I named is around around that lvl..More so ZEM changes, its all bout how many mobs your group and kill quickly and safely.

Broor
05-11-2020, 03:14 PM
With my Rogue on green, I solo'd up to 18 and made some nice plat from 13-18 doing the Concordance of Research quest in NK. PM me and I can port you for free and bind you there if you're curious, basically you hang out near the gypsy camp and hunt wisps, turning in greater lightstones to Myrsila and selling the reward back to her for 9p, and then you can choose to save and sell the Lightstones to players for more p or level faster by turning them in. Perfect for the intermittent player or when you're frustrated by lack of grouping options.
At 18 I ran into upper guk and haven't had trouble finding a group since. Also, with the savings from the wisps I got a full suit of banded and a gloomwater harpoon!

drackgon
05-11-2020, 03:49 PM
awesome ideal broor will have to steal that when I level my baby rogue one day.. Must avoid 4th melee character on green and level an actual caster><

Barbados82
05-11-2020, 04:11 PM
With my Rogue on green, I solo'd up to 18 and made some nice plat from 13-18 doing the Concordance of Research quest in NK. PM me and I can port you for free and bind you there if you're curious, basically you hang out near the gypsy camp and hunt wisps, turning in greater lightstones to Myrsila and selling the reward back to her for 9p, and then you can choose to save and sell the Lightstones to players for more p or level faster by turning them in. Perfect for the intermittent player or when you're frustrated by lack of grouping options.
At 18 I ran into upper guk and haven't had trouble finding a group since. Also, with the savings from the wisps I got a full suit of banded and a gloomwater harpoon!

I wanna take you up on that offer. I'm currently wandering blind through BB...lol

cd288
05-11-2020, 04:43 PM

Now that they nerfed belt turn ins and reduced the ZEM CB isn't significantly better than any other option for its level range...

Bigsham
05-11-2020, 06:17 PM
yea no chance of death to sand giants in oasis lol level 12 chars are like 1 hit