PDA

View Full Version : Caught another suspension - I guess GMS read/log all your msgs? Uninstalled EQ

billwilliams
05-07-2020, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they were somehow scanning/reading anything you have in the background going on such as browser/tab history as well when you are connected to the p1999 servers. Soon as I uninstalled EQ and removed the p1999 file data and folder, did a spyware/malware scan and it found some weird shit - before the uninstall the scans never found anything....

Main toons were Shaman Toeking and Necro Taints. GM Menden is a cuck, sorry to say it but he is. Gets his wiggles off making people /random for disputed camps then waits in OOC like a rat as well as reads private tells between players to further pixel hall monitor the shit out of everyone. 2nd encounter with him, nothing crazy, basic train/camp dispute - says he knows about my second account/toon, will make a point to nuke that account as well, even though its not even related in any way to incident or other account...but whatever I can only feel pity and sorry for whatever golum like creature Menden actually is in real life. Makes sense the full on autists, basement dwellers and poopsockers graduate into egomaniac powertripping GMS, similar to turning the prisons into prison guards.

Any players along the way that I had good times with and shared on EQ knowledge/lore that I unfortunately will not longer be able to communicate with - Foromin, Totyns, Venum, Lanlenya, Fabion, Yendel, Urrsilla, Ogore, Chantela and her son, Heknows, Blacktoe and all my Toe-minions and anyone else that I grouped/xped/adventured with.

All in all though I do want to thank Cuckface Menden for his powertrippin golumlike tendencies - Got back into kickboxing/lifting/running. Weather is beautiful, next several days looking like -

Thu
Clear
81°
64°

Fri
Clear throughout the day.
74°
61°

Sat
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
72°
60°

Sun
68°
56°

Mon
70°
56°

Tue
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
68°
56°

Wed
70°
56°

Thu
73°
57°

Also going through my PS4 collection I didn't touch with games like Bioshock 1/2/Infinite, Dragon Age Inquisition, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher series etc.

Never got to try WoW classic relaunch either, got dual 1080GTXs with an AMD 1950x Threadripper just sitting here and never got to play WoW full settings at launch, can finally see some of my favorite zones like Tanaris/Ashenvale/Ungoro in full 2K glory with 120FPS/60HZ on Gsync monitor.

Pixel worship is a sickness and the GMS/Guides are as much as inmates of emulatedNorrath as the NPCs/PCs they rule over. Glad to be free.

RIP Toeking Level 31 Shaman.
RIP Taints Level 32 Necro.
My poor boys got nuked before they could even really spread their wings.

Goodbye.

Vallaen
05-07-2020, 10:45 PM
Can i have your stuff

fuckshit22
05-07-2020, 10:53 PM
pretty sure they used my netflix too. stop reading passwords you trogs.

branamil
05-07-2020, 10:53 PM
you seem like a cool guy.. i'll miss you

Maliant
05-07-2020, 10:55 PM
Considering how mature you sound in this post I am sure your interactions that led to you being banned were as cordial.

https://media.giphy.com/media/2ept7eRuyq98s/giphy.gif

DMN
05-07-2020, 10:58 PM
We really lost a winner here.

or soon to be winner of a darwin award.

onlyrockerfan
05-07-2020, 11:06 PM
shouldn't have been RMT'ing in EC that one day

douglas1999
05-07-2020, 11:07 PM
*cracks knuckles, blows on fingertips*

I'm gay.

Pretzelle
05-07-2020, 11:16 PM
This is almost as big of a yikes as pint autofellating over killing 20 year old content with 3 of his friends on 12 characters.

Skarne
05-07-2020, 11:18 PM
Isn’t this the same guy that lost his mind at sisters camp?

Nightbear
05-07-2020, 11:43 PM
Yikes

magnetaress
05-07-2020, 11:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YuRrzdT.gif

solleks
05-08-2020, 12:00 AM
Dragon age inquisition was cool i played it i didnt beat it i got to like a desert area and then went outside

Swish
05-08-2020, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they were somehow scanning/reading anything you have in the background going on such as browser/tab history as well when you are connected to the p1999 servers. Soon as I uninstalled EQ and removed the p1999 file data and folder, did a spyware/malware scan and it found some weird shit - before the uninstall the scans never found anything....

Main toons were Shaman Toeking and Necro Taints. GM Menden is a cuck, sorry to say it but he is. Gets his wiggles off making people /random for disputed camps then waits in OOC like a rat as well as reads private tells between players to further pixel hall monitor the shit out of everyone. 2nd encounter with him, nothing crazy, basic train/camp dispute - says he knows about my second account/toon, will make a point to nuke that account as well, even though its not even related in any way to incident or other account...but whatever I can only feel pity and sorry for whatever golum like creature Menden actually is in real life. Makes sense the full on autists, basement dwellers and poopsockers graduate into egomaniac powertripping GMS, similar to turning the prisons into prison guards.

Any players along the way that I had good times with and shared on EQ knowledge/lore that I unfortunately will not longer be able to communicate with - Foromin, Totyns, Venum, Lanlenya, Fabion, Yendel, Urrsilla, Ogore, Chantela and her son, Heknows, Blacktoe and all my Toe-minions and anyone else that I grouped/xped/adventured with.

All in all though I do want to thank Cuckface Menden for his powertrippin golumlike tendencies - Got back into kickboxing/lifting/running. Weather is beautiful, next several days looking like -

Thu
Clear
81°
64°

Fri
74°
61°

Sat
72°
60°

Sun
68°
56°

Mon
70°
56°

Tue
68°
56°

Wed
70°
56°

Thu
73°
57°

Also going through my PS4 collection I didn't touch with games like Bioshock 1/2/Infinite, Dragon Age Inquisition, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher series etc.

Never got to try WoW classic relaunch either, got dual 1080GTXs with an AMD 1950x Threadripper just sitting here and never got to play WoW full settings at launch, can finally see some of my favorite zones like Tanaris/Ashenvale/Ungoro in full 2K glory with 120FPS/60HZ on Gsync monitor.

Pixel worship is a sickness and the GMS/Guides are as much as inmates of emulatedNorrath as the NPCs/PCs they rule over. Glad to be free.

Goodbye.

https://i.imgur.com/FyudmKq.gif

fuckshit22
05-08-2020, 12:24 AM

that is the point of r&f. no one here isn't mad.

Twochain
05-08-2020, 12:26 AM
nobody cares idiot

goldlush
05-08-2020, 12:30 AM
Yikes

Quote from reported man:

"What are you going to do, report me?"

cd288
05-08-2020, 12:41 AM
Claims to have found weird shit. Doesn’t provide details because he’s actually lying.

Dude you’re known as one of the biggest and most unstable assholes on this server, and that’s really saying something these days. I’m surprised you would even post this...you must not realize how disliked you are by a lot of people in this community. No one takes anything you say seriously or believes it has any validity. Good riddance.

reznor_
05-08-2020, 12:57 AM
OP is mad. Have fun at your dojo, Dwight.

Swish
05-08-2020, 01:05 AM
that is the point of r&f. no one here isn't mad.

fuckshit22
05-08-2020, 01:09 AM

yes

Videri
05-08-2020, 01:19 AM
GM Menden is a cuck, sorry to say it but he is. Gets his wiggles off making people /random for disputed camps then waits in OOC like a rat as well as reads private tells between players to further pixel hall monitor the shit out of everyone.

The other player probably reported you for abusive language in your tells. I don't even think GMs can monitor /tells as they are client-side (perhaps a greater nerd than I can confirm).

I hope you learn how to get along with people on the Internet.

Dolalin
05-08-2020, 01:47 AM
Nobody who comes here complaining about the GMs can write above a third grade level.

The streak is unbroken :D

Izmael
05-08-2020, 01:53 AM
How comes that some people seem to struggle with remaining unbanned on forums and/or in game? What is so hard about not getting banned? I've been playing here on and off since 2014, literally always used common sense and nothing else, and never got into any kind of trouble.

It seems that common sense is an every day challenge for some people.

aaezil
05-08-2020, 02:22 AM
Very nice meltdown, OP. The taste of your salty tears are rejuvinating my stalwart elf constitution so I thank you.

KingOrkish
05-08-2020, 02:25 AM
I mean, your log w/ Nightbear shows you're a disgusting and miserable individual. Worthless sack of shit with no concept of how to read rules, cohabitate spaces with others, or even attempt to find peaceable agreements. Then you come on here and lie about going to exercise. The only thing your socially crippled autistic ass sweats over is pixels. Good riddance, douchebag.

Mead
05-08-2020, 02:33 AM
Reminds of the dude way back that posted lists of the shit he clearly wasn’t doing after he quit everquest

Canelek
05-08-2020, 02:44 AM
Eh. Kind of flamed out too quick there to be of much value. A solid origin story but it is really lacking content.

Jimjam
05-08-2020, 02:56 AM
Try painting, sculpting, yoga.

Guesty07
05-08-2020, 03:55 AM
What an extremely rude person

Ennewi
05-08-2020, 05:36 AM
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5175

Jauna
05-08-2020, 05:44 AM
you didnt even last 2 months

Jauna
05-08-2020, 05:45 AM
this project has been out for like 10 and a half years

surely someone can math enough to give us a rough percentage estimate of how much you mattered

kjs86z
05-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Yikes

a typical day here on p99

drackgon
05-08-2020, 08:10 AM
Man I just get people. How can you be so fraking rude to people, then get soo angry you get banned. Don't get me wrong I had gotten a temp ban for a character name ftecamera and it scared me. But first off dont Flip out on GM and bash em. Ask them like the human being they are. But after seeing the SS of how this guy messaged even people in game, its probably an amazing thing Menden perma banned him and his alt account(not hard to check IPs)

Veccini
05-08-2020, 09:22 AM
Kickboxing is not kicking around empty boxes on your floor.

Kohedron
05-08-2020, 09:28 AM
"I was talking about cheating to a fellow cheating guildmate of mine on a free server that I've spent hundreds of hours on, and they went as far as protecting the integrity of their free to play game!"

You should feel bad, good bye, and nothing of value was lost, etc etc

Mblake81
05-08-2020, 09:49 AM
probably troll account (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352508)

gnomishfirework
05-08-2020, 09:51 AM
Therapy, my dude.

Mblake81
05-08-2020, 09:54 AM
Leveling up 2 characters to like 30 something just to post about NuDoom and to call a greentext a cuck.

kotton05
05-08-2020, 10:01 AM
Seriously what did you do tho?

Like if you’re being trolled by menden you prolly wouldn’t last here much longer anyways. Also is this the first time you’re going outside? Remember wear a mask and sunblock

Castle2.0
05-08-2020, 10:17 AM
Saw the name Toeking and didn't need to read any further.

He believes every camp belongs to him, and you will need to use /ignore to be free from his filthy mouth which leaks like a cracked sewer line.

Never had a dispute with him, but constantly saw it in OOT OOC and had 2 pals have a run-in with him.

+1 Menden

indiscriminate_hater
05-08-2020, 10:36 AM
Low grade DDOS inc

tyrant49333
05-08-2020, 10:45 AM
I didn't know Siryado played on green

reznor_
05-08-2020, 11:51 AM

Lol

Skew
05-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Take your ban like a man.

Phaezed-Reality
05-08-2020, 12:16 PM
i like how alot of people don't realize the DLL is basically a virus. lol. Personally if i ran this server i'd have run a ton of bitcoin mining software.

kotton05
05-08-2020, 12:35 PM
ESEA already did that lol

Sarodare
05-08-2020, 12:54 PM
Maybe it was from all them reports of you KS'ing/Training at sisters or your tells admitting to running a VPN to box toons to stop Red Wood Wands lol. You cucked yourself. I bet you can guesss who this is bud.

nphixion
05-08-2020, 12:57 PM

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sarodare
05-08-2020, 01:22 PM
https://imgur.com/a/wFZLP4i Was such a gem to the community

Sarodare
05-08-2020, 01:27 PM
https://imgur.com/a/wFZLP4i Was such a gem to the community

https://imgur.com/a/wFZLP4i

deezy
05-08-2020, 01:27 PM
OP you sound mad. Need a hug? We'll get through this together. I'll even take a SS of the character select screen for you since you'll never see it again.

BlackBellamy
05-08-2020, 01:43 PM
i like how alot of people don't realize the DLL is basically a virus. lol. Personally if i ran this server i'd have run a ton of bitcoin mining software.

yeah they don't, that thing can do absolutely anything it wants, of course it's also easy to isolate it if you deal with stuff like that but yeah most people...

running mining or other trojan-likes is super bad because all it takes is for one person in thousands to detect it post proof and then your rep goes down the toilet and your server sinks like a stone

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 01:45 PM
I dont care if rogean mines 1 in 10000 coins rent free in my head as long as I can shitpost tributes to brad

cd288
05-08-2020, 01:45 PM
yeah they don't, that thing can do absolutely anything it wants, of course it's also easy to isolate it if you deal with stuff like that but yeah most people...

running mining or other trojan-likes is super bad because all it takes is for one person in thousands to detect it post proof and then your rep goes down the toilet and your server sinks like a stone

So how would you isolate what it can access but also be able to play P99?

Separately, with all these super expansive privacy regulations coming out around the world (GDPR as an example) I wonder how the legality of that DLL has changed. I wouldn't be surprised if regulators in certain countries said P99 is violating their new privacy laws and block it there.

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 01:46 PM
its really actually super ez and linux is robustly built so that i can do this stuff basically with a default install

go download debian if u want a more secure environment

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 01:46 PM
i am thinking stuff is going to start running native linux soon its going to take the world by storm if the people of africa ever release an MMO

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 01:47 PM
its really close and pretty powerful on the plethora of old hardware rotting in everyones junkbins

i for one am tired of being bamboozled and dazzled by windows 10 and amds latest GPUs

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 01:48 PM
like i am not sure if the steamos thing is real yet, but i want to try it soon and see if i can play EQ TLP on steam with just steam runnin for my os, that would basically be gg for the major studios

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 01:49 PM
also AMD is using their cards to fold genese for more covid varients while u sleep and facebook pushes its autoupdates

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 01:49 PM
with your permission because you didnt bother to read the EULA

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 02:12 PM
like i am not sure if the steamos thing is real yet, but i want to try it soon and see if i can play EQ TLP on steam with just steam runnin for my os, that would basically be gg for the major studios

appearently i am a decade 2 late and the world was not ready for this, it will be tried and attempted again in 4 more years avter the create covidopocalyptic depression of 2030

Vynsticus
05-08-2020, 02:13 PM
Got my new Hyper X Alpha S headset today and super stoked. Sorry you are having a bad day bit it kinda looks like you did it to yourself.

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 02:46 PM
Got my new Hyper X Alpha S headset today and super stoked. Sorry you are having a bad day bit it kinda looks like you did it to yourself.

https://i.imgur.com/4wAhKYa.png

Vynsticus
05-08-2020, 02:47 PM
None of my posts show up. I like it lol. It's like I don't exist.

magnetaress
05-08-2020, 02:49 PM
None of my posts show up. I like it lol. It's like I don't exist.

i need a good vm so i can natively run eq under wine on linux, appearently the only place it works lol

got any recommendations, vmware free for personal use one might work

Vynsticus
05-08-2020, 03:00 PM
I post from my phone so idk.

kauvian
05-08-2020, 03:47 PM
Leveling up 2 characters to like 30 something just to post about NuDoom and to call a greentext a cuck.

I'm certain he's someone's poopsock. Would send me tells all the time telling me to get fucked.

Evets
05-08-2020, 04:15 PM
Weelp... not much I can say that hasn't already been said... Like others pointed out this douche had been in the rnf forums before for well... being a douche. So long and thanks for all the salt!

Natewest1987
05-09-2020, 04:53 AM

Thu
Clear
81°
64°

Fri
74°
61°

Sat
72°
60°

Sun
68°
56°

Mon
70°
56°

Tue
68°
56°

Wed
70°
56°

Thu
73°
57°

Goodbye.

Yeah, you’re life is so great that it inspired you to write a TDLR shitpost on some dude on the internet. Buh bye.

charmcitysking
05-09-2020, 07:59 AM
Love these ones

shuklak
05-09-2020, 08:04 AM
Yeah, you’re life is so great that it inspired you to write a TDLR shitpost on some dude on the internet. Buh bye.

ur*

Baler
05-09-2020, 08:45 AM
Certain Staff can read all your message including tells, group & guild chat.
They can read your PMs on the forums as well.

I'm not saying they actively do this for fun but if you're under investigation. Everything you've ever said can be used against you.

Cut the staff some slack, they don't need people like OP shitting on them for doing their volunteer job.

BlackBellamy
05-09-2020, 08:51 AM
So how would you isolate what it can access but also be able to play P99?

well it can access the box that it's on but that has nothing on it except p99 and some other games which make outsize demands on my privacy with their little spyware just sending some statistics back to our servers nothing to worry about at all kind of stuff

i keep that machine blind and mostly mute. it sees nothing and only talks in whitelists

Snortles Chortles
05-09-2020, 09:25 AM
https://i.imgur.com/dlVYdXx.png

Worry
05-09-2020, 09:56 AM
I actually quite like Menden, he was always cordial to me. And I'm a pretty difficult person to be cordial to tbh.

Still a hilarious post though, esp the weather part.

Secrets
05-09-2020, 10:26 AM
The other player probably reported you for abusive language in your tells. I don't even think GMs can monitor /tells as they are client-side (perhaps a greater nerd than I can confirm).

I hope you learn how to get along with people on the Internet.

There's a weird expectation of privacy on services you use online that people never seem to understand.

EQ is not a peer to peer game. Tells go from your client, to the P1999 server, to another client. You absolutely can log any traffic that comes from the client, including tells.

And really, that's only the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what Facebook gets away with regarding their hall monitors.

Also with Facebook, one false law enforcement request that 'looks legit' and they're required by policy (not by law) to give you another person's entire private messages.

And you all willingly give up personal information online because there's expectation of privacy... in an online era where your personal information *is* the product.

shuklak
05-09-2020, 10:30 AM
You should be more concerned with Eq tapping into your hypothalamus, rather than gms tapping into your autistic hate spew.

cd288
05-09-2020, 10:46 AM
There's a weird expectation of privacy on services you use online that people never seem to understand.

EQ is not a peer to peer game. Tells go from your client, to the P1999 server, to another client. You absolutely can log any traffic that comes from the client, including tells.

And really, that's only the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what Facebook gets away with regarding their hall monitors.

Also with Facebook, one false law enforcement request that 'looks legit' and they're required by policy (not by law) to give you another person's entire private messages.

And you all willingly give up personal information online because there's expectation of privacy... in an online era where your personal information *is* the product.

Then why do the staff say they don’t have the ability to access chat records and require screenshots of it

Mead
05-09-2020, 11:06 AM
I don't know if anyone else missed this but dude stated suspension

Unless he misspoke, he wasn't even banned

Looks like he just lost his shit for not being able to be unimpeded trash to others

How do you become that delusional?

Mead
05-09-2020, 11:07 AM
That's a rhetorical question btw

I know how it happens

Secrets
05-09-2020, 11:42 AM
Then why do the staff say they don’t have the ability to access chat records and require screenshots of it

Because they want the 'full story' to tell if someone is lying or not before they escalate it to another person that can look into it further.

Also if you give a guide access to stuff like that, and most guides are former players, plus guides/GMs have a history of abusing access to stuff like that on this server, you can pretty much guess what would happen (see: Derubael among others)

magnetaress
05-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Guess what, I am pretty sure p99 only goes after predators. Sorry you are a bad person and not allowed in the blessed realm.

Natewest1987
05-09-2020, 12:05 PM
ur*

Lol ty. I did see that after the post but couldn’t find the edit button on my phone

Natewest1987
05-09-2020, 12:07 PM
You should be more concerned with Eq tapping into your hypothalamus, rather than gms tapping into your autistic hate spew.

Lololol

Snortles Chortles
05-09-2020, 12:44 PM
guides/GMs have a history of abusing access to stuff like that on this server, you can pretty much guess what would happen

https://i.imgur.com/rTQSQNH.gif

Phaezed-Reality
05-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Because they want the 'full story' to tell if someone is lying or not before they escalate it to another person that can look into it further.

Also if you give a guide access to stuff like that, and most guides are former players, plus guides/GMs have a history of abusing access to stuff like that on this server, you can pretty much guess what would happen (see: Derubael among others)

im gonna say it. its coming...SSSSSSSSSSsssissy cuck porn? :)

LazyHydras
05-09-2020, 10:31 PM
Look guys, I'm not going to be overbearing about this one, but I'm probably going to make an executive decision, and. . .

. . . this lol is going to be a grats me.

Bushido
05-12-2020, 12:09 AM
I didn't read the entire thread, but I will say, "You can't ban us all." =P

Bardp1999
05-12-2020, 03:56 AM
Menden is cool. Braknar aka Fatnar was a real piece shit. Fucked me out of WuTang twice

Tethler
05-12-2020, 04:10 AM
Menden is cool. Braknar aka Fatnar was a real piece shit. Fucked me out of WuTang twice

Braknar was a saint, you shut your dirty mouth!

mhfleming92
05-12-2020, 06:27 AM
Why do people make these posts?

drackgon
05-12-2020, 08:05 AM
because they are mentally unstable mhfleming92, and EQ is their drug, that their addicted 2. So when you take it away, its a huge down whirl spiral. Whats funny is the amount of these post have really gone up last 2 weeks. Gms are hammering down.

OuterChimp
05-12-2020, 11:02 AM
Dude. There aren't any GMs in Minecraft.

strongNpretty
05-12-2020, 12:03 PM

Thu
Clear
81°
64°

Fri
74°
61°

Sat
72°
60°

Sun
68°
56°

Mon
70°
56°

Tue
68°
56°

Wed
70°
56°

Thu
73°
57°

Goodbye.

Way to name and shame a buncha folks you were friends with... All I want to do now is avoid grouping with people you enjoyed grouping with.... And that's your fault now. Anyways, go outside dude. Been here for 4 years, and I've never had to petition.. Look at you go.

Budder
05-12-2020, 01:19 PM
Wow those nasty tells on page two. That’s a bit uncalled for I think...

Kayso2
05-12-2020, 06:39 PM
All in all though I do want to thank Cuckface Menden for his powertrippin golumlike tendencies - Got back into kickboxing/lifting/running.

He "got back into" three physical activities within hours of being suspended. It's been almost a week now. Imagine how ripped this fine specimen must be after all this time has passed.

Budder
05-12-2020, 06:51 PM
OP seemed like a decent enough dude and had a nice gaming rig and other toys. Had friends and seems articulated and schooled but if those tells were how you play I’m sorry, that’s sad. My girlfriends 10 yr old daughter throws bitch fits like that over stupid shit... I’d say grow up a bit and don’t freak over pixels. Move on. Good luck in WoW, it’s a fun game, be nice!

Swish
05-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Why the hate on Sirken for the same thing then?

Worry
05-12-2020, 07:53 PM
Why do people make these posts? Immersion.

All it takes is one bad day and the knowledge that there will be no serious blowback on your real life regardless of how stupid you look, and boom: you have a post like this.

Xulia
05-13-2020, 08:45 AM
"You better be ripped. Better have some good guns. For when you get stabbed with a knife."
-Carl Brutananadilewski

Bbeta
05-13-2020, 09:03 AM
We need Harrison back

Kohedron
05-13-2020, 09:59 AM
I love the "uninstalled btw" in the thread title, i bet he patted himself on the back for that for days

well done me boy

radda
05-14-2020, 03:14 PM
how in the hell can anyone read those damn screenshots,

Nirgon
05-14-2020, 04:16 PM
We need Harrison back

Oh, I have to deal with plenty of his types with the UN guilds. Don't worry.

Sibelia1
05-14-2020, 04:49 PM
We need Harrison back

i have his steamid

Ramathorn
05-15-2020, 02:54 PM
How is P99 going to make up the lost revenue from losing this guy? Oh wait.

Ravage
05-15-2020, 03:31 PM
The nail that sticks up gets hammered.

If Menden got you then you got caught.

Sibelia1
05-15-2020, 03:35 PM
Ha the kid picked a fight with a CO now hes mad

billwilliams
05-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Been a little over a week since uninstall and this thread is still going without me even replying once! Nice....but some things to still address -

Menden says they cannot read private tells/messages, fine if that is the case, I still think the bigger point is the .dll file itself is basically a trojan to your entire PC and they can log any message/keystroke in not only what you type in the EQ client itself but in the background of any other apps, websites, etc.

The bigger picture here though is that as far as GREEN goes, the server is mostly unplayable. I mean you have play nice rules in place which is fine but waste of time IMO,( in live 1st year EQ sony/verant just let players figure most stuff out outside of anything major/game-breaking/exploitative.)

What there aren't any rules for is how high levels monopolize/hold any camps/areas worth doing for themselves for insane periods at at time. Many of them get IP exemptions just to hold camps/AFK on 1 account but then check in on another in case anyone comes by and they hold multiple spawns. They tend to then pass on the camp to guildie that comes along at the right time.

This server simply fosters access/content ONLY to players who have the most amount of time to be online + have multiple accounts (ip exemptions) + account sharing (across ips) + guild mates to bottleneck 70% of content worth doing for either PP or direct magic items camps as low as level 20 items that are all also camped by level 50s passing the camp between each other/guildies/accounts.

This is not how EQ was in live/p1999 and not a good environment to play in overall unless you meet the previously mentioned requirements which I would hope the devs/server admins would realize in 2020 when most people can only play 1-3 hours a day the entire server is camped/catered to the time to play all day/sock/5am-alarm crowd which is literally the same major mistake Sony/Verant did with EQ and said they regretted and how games like WoW took over.

Good luck fellas.

Snortles Chortles
05-15-2020, 09:31 PM
connecting to a service and believing every keystroke isn't logged

https://i.imgur.com/kPqvjqP.jpg

Mblake81
05-15-2020, 09:45 PM
What there aren't any rules for is how high levels monopolize/hold any camps/areas worth doing for themselves for insane periods at at time. Many of them get IP exemptions just to hold camps/AFK on 1 account but then check in on another in case anyone comes by and they hold multiple spawns. They tend to then pass on the camp to guildie that comes along at the right time.

This server simply fosters access/content ONLY to players who have the most amount of time to be online + have multiple accounts (ip exemptions) + account sharing (across ips) + guild mates to bottleneck 70% of content worth doing for either PP or direct magic items camps as low as level 20 items that are all also camped by level 50s passing the camp between each other/guildies/accounts.

This is not how EQ was in live/p1999 and not a good environment to play in overall unless you meet the previously mentioned requirements which I would hope the devs/server admins would realize in 2020 when most people can only play 1-3 hours a day the entire server is camped/catered to the time to play all day/sock/5am-alarm crowd which is literally the same major mistake Sony/Verant did with EQ and said they regretted and how games like WoW took over.

Good luck fellas.

Sorry that you always need to be the winner. Real life must be amazing though.

billwilliams
05-15-2020, 09:55 PM
Sorry that you always need to be the winner. Real life must be amazing though.

You talking out your ass and you know it. In live 1999-2001 and even Blue I remember being able to go to Upperguk and get AC camp without much issue, also in LGuk all the named mobs had groups camping them with players rotating in and out, here its just 1 level 50 holding the spawn for days on end.

If you see wanting to do orcs/dervs at level 12 (or fit any any level appropriate camp) and you can't because they are all being farmed by level 40+ for belts/sashes as not being able to have a "win" then you might be retarded. This is daily occurrence on green, I don't think I EVER saw a high level in my life doing these camps on live or Blue.

Mblake81
05-15-2020, 10:22 PM
Welcome to ForumQuest, Mr. 2020. What is that 2 months and you are splitting at the sides? try leveling up to 60 only to find the top end guilds stare at walls 16 hours or log on for 10 minutes then camp.

The players are 2020 in a 1999 game.

I was successful as reason allows in my campaign, will you be? I doubt it.

billwilliams
05-15-2020, 10:49 PM
The most fun part of EQ is the 1-50 classic or the 1-60 journey with expansions, not the top end raid scene that only 2% of players in Live even participated in, but you can't even really enjoy that part here. Why does this "play nice policy" allow things like 1 single level 50 to hold down mobs/camps meant for 6 person groups? How stupid is that? If the rules had any sense or logic to them the GMs/Guides would have probably 50% less interactions with anyone.

turbosilk
05-16-2020, 07:52 AM
The most fun part of EQ is the 1-50 classic or the 1-60 journey with expansions, not the top end raid scene that only 2% of players in Live even participated in, but you can't even really enjoy that part here. Why does this "play nice policy" allow things like 1 single level 50 to hold down mobs/camps meant for 6 person groups? How stupid is that? If the rules had any sense or logic to them the GMs/Guides would have probably 50% less interactions with anyone.

You are onto something there.

solleks
05-16-2020, 08:00 AM
1-20 imo. 20-30 is like a bonus game

jerryR
05-16-2020, 09:17 AM

You're the kind of guy that made the lock down so unbearable. And you are here doing it as well. Any whiff of competition or scarcity of resources drives you into an autistic frenzy. Truly you are the snowflake that you hate so much.

Mblake81
05-16-2020, 12:55 PM
Probably the reason modern games suck hard.

billwilliams
05-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Games like Guild Wars 2, Outward, Sekiro, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1-3, God of War, RDR 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3, Half Life Alyx definitely do not suck.

Mblake81
05-16-2020, 02:07 PM
haha

so which tranny alt are you

Paleepscherone
06-09-2020, 07:34 AM
Thu
Clear
81°
64°

Fri
74°
61°

Sat
72°
60°

Sun
68°
56°

Mon
70°
56°

Tue
68°
56°

Wed
70°
56°

Thu
73°
57°

Goodbye.

Yet I saw you on your alt yesterday. LOL.

Bardp1999
06-09-2020, 07:53 AM
Yet I saw you on your alt yesterday. LOL.

The sickness is not easily purged

fastboy21
06-09-2020, 08:30 AM
The sickness is not easily purged

Some demons can only be cast out by fasting and prayer.

OuterChimp
06-09-2020, 08:37 AM
GratZ Toeking!

beyondinfin
06-09-2020, 08:45 AM
Lol, this is why I still come to rant and flames. Thanks! Y'all doing Gods work.

gundumbwing
06-09-2020, 09:11 AM
Games like Guild Wars 2, Outward, Sekiro, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1-3, God of War, RDR 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3, Half Life Alyx definitely do not suck.

Guild Wars 2 isn't a game. Sorry you wasted more of your life not winning at an MMO.

Mblake81
06-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Guild Wars 2 isn't a game. Sorry you wasted more of your life not winning at an MMO.

Ima gamer, a real gamer. Any gamer will tell you it doesn't matter if its an inch or a mile. Gaming is Gaming!
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbOlXjJb6Sc)
https://i.imgur.com/cqNRddz.gif

Mblake81
06-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Went to Pep Boys and bought all the neon lights

Its like Las Vegas when you see me at night

Don’t mess with the VTEC ‘cause it’ll send ya home

Crying like a fat kid that dropped his ice cream cone

https://i.imgur.com/0RMOhii.gif

Baler
06-09-2020, 05:48 PM
Discord and Steam and Epic and Whatsapp and facebook and.. should I keep going?

All read you messages, watch your facetime and listen to that microphone.

Welcome to reality.

Secrets
06-09-2020, 07:23 PM
Discord and Steam and Epic and Whatsapp and facebook and.. should I keep going?

All read you messages, watch your facetime and listen to that microphone.

Welcome to reality.

It's weird that people think it actually reads the program on their computer, and that there's not like, you know, a server hosting this information

If technology has advanced to the point where we can store data like a character name, level, their progression into a level, etc... why is it so hard for people to understand that a message is just another database row at that point? Also, text compresses extremely well.

Snortles Chortles
06-09-2020, 09:24 PM
duh

Asteria
06-10-2020, 09:41 AM
you seem like a cool guy.. i'll miss you

Naerron
06-10-2020, 10:09 AM
sounds like you're totally over it and not concerned at all she's dating again

BlackBellamy
06-10-2020, 10:59 AM
yeah i am screw her no you know what fuck that guy he's such an asshole how could she be with him when i was so nice to her i did everything for her never said no and i get to watch this guy treat her so bad what the hell is going on i'm going to go right in there and get in his face and punch him if i have to because i'm also dangerous but only to guys like that who deserve it i would never hit a lady that stupid bitch screw her

Tenderizer
06-10-2020, 11:00 AM
duh

Says the guy with a micro penis

cd288
06-11-2020, 03:24 PM
OP is back playing on the server after claiming he was done in this whiney thread right? What a sad loser

Evia
06-11-2020, 05:13 PM
I need more weather updates

magnetaress
06-11-2020, 05:28 PM
Pixel worship is a sickness and the *important people* are as much as inmates of emulatedNorrath asthe NPCs/PCs they rule over. Glad to be free.

Goodbye.

Good by sweet, sweet, princess. You are actually right but I don't want to get banned for yelling about it nonsensically. Thats why people love EQ.

kaev
06-11-2020, 06:29 PM
OP is back playing on the server after claiming he was done in this whiney thread right? What a sad loser

if nobody came to the forums at peak rage, what would you do for entertainment?

Baler
06-11-2020, 07:48 PM
It's weird that people think it actually reads the program on their computer, and that there's not like, you know, a server hosting this information

If technology has advanced to the point where we can store data like a character name, level, their progression into a level, etc... why is it so hard for people to understand that a message is just another database row at that point? Also, text compresses extremely well.

There are a lot of Advertising Words and False Security used when peddling a product to the masses. People believe some company ran by people they've never met has their best interest in heart.

This is pretty transparent in the vpn market for example. Some companies keep copies of information, Some claim they destroy all records or keep none.

People don't want to read the fine print and have it translated by a lawyer. So they bah into their pen. Sign up for a service and live a lie under the guise of (false) security.

Baler
06-11-2020, 07:51 PM
er-ah,. on topic:
P99 uses a client server setup. Every input you produce is sent to the server.
P99 is not a serverless peer to peer connection.

I can't speak to the complexity of any encryption used client to server or server to client in p99's case.

Snortles Chortles
06-11-2020, 07:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LTP0ewj.jpg

Baler
06-11-2020, 08:03 PM
I remember connecting to a bbs when I finally got on dial-up. But as soon as broadband became available in my area I switch to that.

Snortles Chortles
06-11-2020, 08:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/DRKeItG.jpg

cd288
06-11-2020, 11:19 PM
if nobody came to the forums at peak rage, what would you do for entertainment?

Work would be a lot more boring during the day that’s for sure

Jibartik
06-12-2020, 12:08 AM
https://i.imgur.com/SfaYwIL.png

sydbarrett25
06-12-2020, 10:46 AM
https://i.imgur.com/SfaYwIL.png

That fizzle is the icing on the cake

DMN
06-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Reefer madness hits our little corner of the interwebz.