PDA

View Full Version : GM not enforcing rules but power tripping on players that petition instead

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Can't wait to see where this goes. LOL
I did a petition because others were invading a KNOWN camp since the beginning of time. I was killing the gnolls at the entrance to Black Burrow. GM refused to do anything about it and instead gave me a 24 hour lock out. Yes I did call them a power tripping idiot at the end but only when they refused to enforce the rules and warn me not to break any more rules when I didn't break any.

Skarne
05-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Haha, seeya in a month!

norova
05-05-2020, 03:03 PM
Dear Abby, I called a GM an idiot over lowbie mobs and got a suspension, now my mom is considering kicking me out of the basement. How do I convince my dad to start loving her again?

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:04 PM
Haha, seeya in a month!

You may be the worst troll in history. LOL
Maybe you would return but I have a better life than that.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Dear GM,

I am your biggest butt kissing white knight fan. Please come to my aid when I need it because I have no life.

Thank you,

Poolips( aka Norova)

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:10 PM
It's funny that you trolls don't even acknowledge the fact of the rules where not enforced which is the main issue here. The fact is that it is a KNOWN camp since 1999! Either enforce your rules or don't. Choose one.

Canelek
05-05-2020, 03:11 PM
Usually meltdowns start on page 3. However, this is fine as well.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:14 PM
Usually meltdowns start on page 3. However, this is fine as well.

First off no one is having a meltdown. If you want to be dismissive just ignore the post entirely okay kid or you can play the I'm the coolest emo troll game and keep responding with nothing to do with the subject. cool

stewe
05-05-2020, 03:15 PM
It's funny that you trolls don't even acknowledge the fact of the rules where not enforced which is the main issue here. The fact is that it is a KNOWN camp since 1999! Either enforce your rules or don't. Choose one.

Maybe learn the rules before crying about them, the gnolls are the entrance in blackburrow are NOT a camp, you can claim one of course but if someone wants to kill the other they can claim that.

Canelek
05-05-2020, 03:20 PM
You created a public complaint about getting suspended over level 3-4 gnolls in an outdoor zone. Not a meltdown? Well dang, I will just wait until page 3 then. Good luck with your emotional issues. :)

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Maybe learn the rules before crying about them, the gnolls are the entrance in blackburrow are NOT a camp, you can claim one of course but if someone wants to kill the other they can claim that.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. This is not my first run in with this situation on p1999. I actually know what I'm talking about and I know how it has been handled.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:24 PM
You created a public complaint about getting suspended over level 3-4 gnolls in an outdoor zone. Not a meltdown? Well dang, I will just wait until page 3 then. Good luck with your emotional issues. :)

I'm just curious what is the extent of your education outside of this game?

DMN
05-05-2020, 03:27 PM
You seem so well mannered and grounded. I don't know how this sort of thing could have possibly happened .

Canelek
05-05-2020, 03:28 PM
I attended the prestigious Cornell School of Spelling & Grammar, of course.

Hey man, I'm not the one petitioning in a newbie zone and then freaking out at the GM who was unable to give you elf-satisfaction.

Secrets
05-05-2020, 03:29 PM
I'm just curious what is the extent of your education outside of this game?

What relevance does that have to someone pointing out that you had a meltdown, needed to step away, and didn't?

You could be the most intelligent in your field and if you're lacking social interaction skills, you won't succeed.

If you had any semblance of experience, you'd know that careers and politics are about who you know, and not what you know, and certainly not what you believe in. Turns out they don't teach that in college.

Dolalin
05-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Nobody coming here complaining about their treatment by GMs ever writes above a third grade level. I'm convinced GMs are doing a fine job.

Baler
05-05-2020, 03:36 PM
you had a meltdown, needed to step away, and didn't?

I've been in this headspace before. It's not a fun mindset to be in.

The staff were insanely kind and didn't permaban my ass when I filled their petition queue on a late night.

long story short, cut the staff some slack. They have to deal with a lot of grief daily, plus they're volunteering their time.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:43 PM
What relevance does that have to someone pointing out that you had a meltdown, needed to step away, and didn't?

You could be the most intelligent in your field and if you're lacking social interaction skills, you won't succeed.

If you had any semblance of experience, you'd know that careers and politics are about who you know, and not what you know, and certainly not what you believe in. Turns out they don't teach that in college.

This is actually hilarious. You are trying so hard to sound educated.

Baler
05-05-2020, 03:46 PM

What's your problem? All you're doing is being aggressive towards other forum user in RnF. Don't you have anything better to do and that's me saying this.

This is a terrible thread.

Secrets
05-05-2020, 03:46 PM

Okay, I'll play your game:

What college or trade school did you graduate from, which degrees do you have, how many years of experience in your field do you have in the workforce, what career field are you currently in?

I have some college, no degrees, some certs (A+/copper cabling, worthless for the field i'm in), 5 years exp in my field, and I work in AAA game development.

Your move.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:49 PM
I've been in this headspace before. It's not a fun mindset to be in.

The staff were insanely kind and didn't permaban my ass when I filled their petition queue on a late night.

long story short, cut the staff some slack. They have to deal with a lot of grief daily, plus they're volunteering their time.

I get that and I agree. I'm very grateful for a job well done especially when they are doing it as a volunteer. Let us all keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes and it takes a bigger person to admit it and do the right thing.

Secrets
05-05-2020, 03:52 PM
I get that and I agree. I'm very grateful for a job well done especially when they are doing it as a volunteer. Let us all keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes and it takes a bigger person to admit it and do the right thing.

Sorry but if you truly believed in doing the right thing, you wouldn't post this in rants & flames, you would put it in petitions / exploits with an apology for insulting a volunteer and asking them to investigate a second time if you believe you were truly in the right and someone was breaking rules set forth by the server staff.

That opportunity is long gone for you now. But maybe next life, yeah?

Menden
05-05-2020, 03:52 PM
I'll just leave this (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325349) here...

Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 03:55 PM
Okay, I'll play your game:

What college or trade school did you graduate from, which degrees do you have, how many years of experience in your field do you have in the workforce, what career field are you currently in?

I have some college, no degrees, some certs (A+/copper cabling, worthless for the field i'm in), 5 years exp in my field, and I work in AAA game development.

Your move.

I started out with an associate degree in business with the community college because we grew up on food stamps and community housing. I then went and got an associate with ITT Tech for IT. I have had several certs from Microsoft provided by the Military. I'm retired.

Trexller
05-05-2020, 04:00 PM
Hey OP,

The GMs/Guides are not police officers sworn to upholding laws. P99 doesn't really have laws so much as rules, and most of the rules are somewhat vague and open to GM/Guide interpretation. GMs/Guides don't always rule the same way as others do. They are able to make situation based determinations.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but flipping out on the GM and us here in the forum won't improve your case.

Also im willing to bet there is more to the story. We have only heard your version.

Also, be glad you don't have to deal with Sirken.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 04:03 PM
Sorry but if you truly believed in doing the right thing, you wouldn't post this in rants & flames, you would put it in petitions / exploits with an apology for insulting a volunteer and asking them to investigate a second time if you believe you were truly in the right and someone was breaking rules set forth by the server staff.

That opportunity is long gone for you now. But maybe next life, yeah?

First I didn't post in rants and flames. I again reflect on education here. It was moved. I didn't raise the question to get in a who's is bigger contest. I put it where I put originally because I felt that the general public needed to be aware how things are being handled here. I couldn't care less about any other out come because this game is not my life. This is just a brief couple hours of it. I have made my points and any not bias, intelligent person will see it for what it truly is. The facts. Good day to all you white knights. FYI I have played this game since beta coming and going. I seen it start and grow and I'm very disappointed to see where it is. bye :)

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Hey OP,

The GMs/Guides are not police officers sworn to upholding laws. P99 doesn't really have laws so much as rules, and most of the rules are somewhat vague and open to GM/Guide interpretation. GMs/Guides don't always rule the same way as others do. They are able to make situation based determinations.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but flipping out on the GM and us here in the forum won't improve your case.

Also im willing to bet there is more to the story. We have only heard your version.

Also, be glad you don't have to deal with Sirken.

I have had great experience with Sirken in the past. He handled it a totally different way. That is why I petitioned knowing the outcome from previous experience with Sirken.

strongNpretty
05-05-2020, 04:14 PM
First I didn't post in rants and flames. I again reflect on education here. It was moved. I didn't raise the question to get in a who's is bigger contest. I put it where I put originally because I felt that the general public needed to be aware how things are being handled here. I couldn't care less about any other out come because this game is not my life. This is just a brief couple hours of it. I have made my points and any not bias, intelligent person will see it for what it truly is. The facts. Good day to all you white knights. FYI I have played this game since beta coming and going. I seen it start and grow and I'm very disappointed to see where it is. bye :)

Just stop it man, you sound like an asshole... This seems like an open and shut case at this point boys.

If you are satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Grimaura did in fact lose his temper, then you would also find Mr. Grimaura guilty of childish behavior.

Verdict- 24 hour ban.

Looks like you spent your daily "brief couple of hours" losing hard in forumquest. On with your life now!

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 04:26 PM
Just stop it man, you sound like an asshole... This seems like an open and shut case at this point boys.

If you are satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Grimaura did in fact lose his temper, then you would also find Mr. Grimaura guilty of childish behavior.

Verdict- 24 hour ban.

Looks like you spent your daily "brief couple of hours" losing hard in forumquest. On with your life now!

Do I sound like an asshole or are you just an idiot?

strongNpretty
05-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Do I sound like an asshole or are you just an idiot?

You sound like an asshole

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 04:29 PM
You sound like an asshole

You sound like an idiot.

strongNpretty
05-05-2020, 04:37 PM
You sound like an idiot.

Sorry you deal with humans like this everyday Menden and Co...

Outcome- Grimaura is unreasonable.

Ovaltine
05-05-2020, 04:38 PM
inb4 forum ban. It's gonna end up happening, folks.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Sorry you deal with humans like this everyday Menden and Co...

Outcome- Grimaura is unreasonable.

That's cute. You must be so popular amongst all the other clowns.

mcoy
05-05-2020, 04:45 PM
inb4 forum ban. It's gonna end up happening, folks.

What's the over/under on it happening before 5pm eastern?

-Mcoy

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 04:47 PM
That's cute. You must be so popular amongst all the other clowns.

Grimaura
05-05-2020, 04:49 PM
How do you lure trolls out of their damp dirty holes? Hint: bait
I see you and so does the world. :)

reznor_
05-05-2020, 05:00 PM
Not a good look, OP.

Stickyfingers
05-05-2020, 05:01 PM
I started out with an associate degree in business with the community college because we grew up on food stamps and community housing. I then went and got an associate with ITT Tech for IT. I have had several certs from Microsoft provided by the Military. I'm retired.

They retire you from the Military for a brain injury by chance?

Canelek
05-05-2020, 05:03 PM
This is certainly on the standard trajectory, Mcoy. Most of the classic elements are in place, including the "I got you guys!"

Halox
05-05-2020, 05:26 PM
RnF post of the year and it’s only May!

Bardp1999
05-05-2020, 05:26 PM
OP is pretending to be 'baiting' all of us now in some well crafted RnF plot that ends in him not being mad and everyone else being mad.

Nice meltdown OP - pretty pathetic - at least own it

You are not the first angry elf nor will you be the last

Morikaidin
05-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Sorry, kinda new. So "standard trajectory" is:

a) Player throws a tantrum about a level 4 gnoll.

b) Player actually calls in a GM to deal with his gnoll issue.

c) GM tells Player that the gnolls don't all belong to him, and to share with his brothers.

d) Player smart-mouths GM.

e) GM spanks Player, takes toys away for a day.

f) Player runs crying to his friends about the unfairness of it all.

g) Friends tell Player he's acting like a baby.

h) Player calls everyone stupid.

i) Friends warn Player that GM can still hear him, and warn him that he's about to get grounded as well.

j) Player stops crying says, "No, I was only kidding. I sure fooled you guys."

Is that about it?

Bardp1999
05-05-2020, 05:31 PM
k) OP ingests drugs and triple posts and quotes himself in his own thread until GMs ban him for being a fucking loser.

Canelek
05-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Well done Morikaidin! You are a solid elf citizen and will make a fine addition to the elf boardroom/elf criminal justice system.

Also, see Point K below your post.

Skarne
05-05-2020, 06:15 PM
You may be the worst troll in history. LOL
Maybe you would return but I have a better life than that.

Haha you’re right I’m not a good troll, you’re much better at it than me. The second thing you said implies you don’t really care about this great server. That’s funny to read because as I see here you must be visiting and refreshing this thread quite often. And also, it’s obvious you’re upset. At least be real with yourself, you’re a nerd just like the rest of us. You love Everquest.

Thugnuts
05-05-2020, 07:43 PM
born to peepee

poopoo

DMN
05-05-2020, 07:57 PM
born to peepee

poopoo

I'm calling the SPLC, nahtzee.

Vynsticus
05-05-2020, 09:14 PM
Imagine a retired man acting like such a little twat. Wait we don't need to imagine.

Canelek
05-05-2020, 10:52 PM
Pending valid argument from the meltdown guy, I believe the Elf Court has made its decision.

heyokah
05-05-2020, 11:08 PM
I wanna train all the dreadbones in Qhills on this elf

Tethler
05-05-2020, 11:38 PM
Lol@OP

CharlesBarkley
05-05-2020, 11:46 PM
shut up bitch

Arvan
05-06-2020, 12:08 AM
sorry you didnt get gnoll?

Swish
05-06-2020, 12:20 AM
sorry you didn't get gnoll loot etc

Senn
05-06-2020, 12:29 AM
Looks like mom put the OP to bed with his favourite teddy bear and blanky...

deezy
05-06-2020, 12:39 AM
I did call them a power tripping idiot

https://youtu.be/qZuxPKUVGiw

Casteel
05-06-2020, 10:04 AM
I didn't raise the question to get in a who's is bigger contest.

whose is bigger contest.

You're welcome.

Secrets
05-06-2020, 10:54 AM
whose is bigger contest.

You're welcome.

whom'stved

cd288
05-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Wish we knew what the details of this were. Sounds like the GM probably told OP he technically can’t camp all the Gnolls in that area (outdoor zone) and has to share. People seem to forget that’s actually what the rule is and that what players consider as normally a camp doesn’t really matter in an outdoor zone if other people want to XP in that spot too

Yinaltin
05-06-2020, 12:49 PM
*op has left the chat.

Evets
05-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Wise words here!

fuckshit22
05-06-2020, 01:08 PM
which one of u logged into my netflix?

Aeaolena
05-06-2020, 01:14 PM
GM:
https://imgur.com/FTLewAa.gif
https://imgur.com/vhfTKoz.gif

OP:
https://imgur.com/qMMYMdV.gif

sydbarrett25
05-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Wish we knew what the details of this were. Sounds like the GM probably told OP he technically can’t camp all the Gnolls in that area (outdoor zone) and has to share. People seem to forget that’s actually what the rule is and that what players consider as normally a camp doesn’t really matter in an outdoor zone if other people want to XP in that spot too

Oh, ya. I bring up this rule whenever I want to make someone camping the front two ice giant spawn mad. I always say, check out the getting started thread on forums. Rogean wrote it pretty clearly.

Kohedron
05-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Imagine getting banned for breaking the rules, wasting the time of people who put in an insane amount of effort to give you something for free, then lying about it on an internet message board.

All for a game that has been played and beaten thousands of times.

Feel very bad OP

Vizax_Xaziv
05-06-2020, 10:12 PM
Insulting GMs.....the fastest way to get yourself a suspension!

(Dummy)

Vizax_Xaziv
05-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Insulting waiters....fastest way to get your food spit in.

Insulting customer service reps....fastest way to get your refund denied.

Etc etc
(Dummy)

Hideousclaw
05-06-2020, 10:14 PM
GM:
https://imgur.com/FTLewAa.gif
https://imgur.com/vhfTKoz.gif

OP:
https://imgur.com/qMMYMdV.gif

charmcitysking
05-07-2020, 07:07 PM
This is a terrible thread.

Which is exactly why it’s a fantastic thread.

Zadrian
05-07-2020, 09:30 PM
I miss when Uthgard used to turn us all into unicorns in Sky and shit. Best power tripping GM ever.

Henlolizar
05-07-2020, 09:33 PM
sorry you didn't get gnoll loot

Hubble
05-08-2020, 12:02 AM
I didn't know trump played eq.