PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on how to balance classes

Topgunben
04-27-2020, 11:10 PM
These arent changes I want implemented on this server, but I was curious what you thought about class changes to balance things out.

Heres what I would do do even the playing field:

Bard - Reduce PBAOE songs range to 15
Cleric - Nothing
Druid - Remove group port spells
Enchanter - Charm is too powerful- increase chance of break
Magician - increase mana required by all spells
Monk - remove Mend
Necro - reduce pet damage and remove feign death
Paladin -nothing
Ranger - increase melee damage, minor innate regen and mana regen
Rogue - add feign death
Shad. Knight - nothing
Shaman - nothing
Warrior - innate regen and 10hp per Stamina. Dual wield at level, add mend
Wizard - increase efficiency of DD spells, Only class that can port

What do you think?

Pint
04-27-2020, 11:22 PM
Excellent, wouldn't change a thing

Kohedron
04-28-2020, 12:05 AM
Wow, these are terrible!

Daloon
04-28-2020, 12:22 AM
Whats next, rooted dragons?

cd288
04-28-2020, 12:26 AM
These arent changes I want implemented on this server, but I was curious what you thought about class changes to balance things out.

Cleric - Nothing
Monk - remove Mend
Paladin -nothing
Rogue - add feign death
Shad. Knight - nothing
Shaman - nothing

What do you think?

Why would you remove Druid ports? Druids are hardly imbalanced in some OP way in terms of their abilities, if anything the game is balanced against them since past mid-30s they don’t bring much to a group and have to solo pretty much the rest of the way. Their ports don’t affect class balance at all.

Necro pets also don’t really need pet damage reduced. It’s really such a small part of their arsenal. If you really felt they needed to be nerf, then reduce the mana efficiency of their DoTs.

I don’t think Warriors really need an HP boost to make them balanced. They hardly lack in the ability to take hits department. Where they have problems is that they are solely dependent on their DPS and a hit or miss taint ability to maintain aggro. If you wanted to truly balance Warriors with the rest of the tanks, give them some better aggro generating ability.

Woke Locc
04-28-2020, 12:42 AM
only the immortal science can achieve true class balance

Topgunben
04-28-2020, 12:42 AM
Why would you remove Druid ports? Druids are hardly imbalanced in some OP way in terms of their abilities, if anything the game is balanced against them since past mid-30s they don’t bring much to a group and have to solo pretty much the rest of the way. Their ports don’t affect class balance at all.

Necro pets also don’t really need pet damage reduced. It’s really such a small part of their arsenal. If you really felt they needed to be nerf, then reduce the mana efficiency of their DoTs.

I don’t think Warriors really need an HP boost to make them balanced. They hardly lack in the ability to take hits department. Where they have problems is that they are solely dependent on their DPS and a hit or miss taint ability to maintain aggro. If you wanted to truly balance Warriors with the rest of the tanks, give them some better aggro generating ability.

removing ports from druids adds more utility to Wizards.

Necro pet damage is respectable through all levels. I wasnt looking to drastically change the necro class, just make them less OP than they already are. DOT's are much more complex than meets the eye. DOT's don't stack with other DOT's, they have a duration, so casting them on a mob that will die before the end of the DOT is highly inefficient. Splurt for example has an extremely high DPM, but that efficiencty is mostly realized at the end of its duration, not to mention that the MOB must be stationary or in fear for the DOT's to hit for max damage. Contrast that with 6 mages that can burn all their mana on a single mob with DD's.

I think its better to focus on giving warriors a bigger health pool and ability to regen that, rather than increasing their DPS. I am in agreement with you that Warriors have a hard time keeping aggro, but I feel that is more an issue with "taunt" not working correctly on the p99 client. I seem to remember it working better 20 years ago, but maybe that was just me.

DisbeAsos
04-28-2020, 12:50 AM
Fuck that removing ports from druids, wizards will hate everyone. Id vow to never port anyone so then no one has ports!

aaezil
04-28-2020, 03:08 AM
“Mr. Topgunben, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

PDX0621
04-28-2020, 03:31 AM
None of this is going to happen, so what is the point?

jolanar
04-28-2020, 06:28 AM
Definitely the dumbest thing I will read today.

Izmael
04-28-2020, 06:33 AM
EQ is beautiful in its imbalance.

deezy
04-28-2020, 07:11 AM
Here's mine:

Bard - Reduce number of all songs to one target
Cleric - Remove CH
Druid - Remove all utility spells
Enchanter - Remove all Charms
Magician - Remove all pets
Monk - Remove Feign Death
Necro - Remove all damage over time spells
Paladin - Remove any agro generating spells
Ranger - Remove ability to wield weapons
Rogue - Remove hide, sneak, and backstab
Shad. Knight - Remove all agro generating spells
Shaman - Remove all spells that slows attack speed along with all buffs
Warrior - Remove ability to proc weapons
Wizard - Remove all direct damage spells

jolanar
04-28-2020, 07:30 AM
Here's mine:

Cleric - Remove CH

Now we are talking!

solleks
04-28-2020, 07:35 AM
Completely remove monk

Sacer
04-28-2020, 08:05 AM
Congratulation, I have seen this discussion a million time since 1999 but never the balance change suggested were that bad.

Alfina
04-28-2020, 08:19 AM
OP signature contains 0 level 60s, but wants to nerf classes based on said knowledge in signature line.... seems legit, take notice devs for your next change log.

Videri
04-28-2020, 08:21 AM
Here's mine:

Cleric - Remove CH

Straitjacket Simulator 1999

Tilien
04-28-2020, 09:06 AM
Just set everyone to level 1 and remove exp from the game except on a rotating basis from raid mobs.

One week naggy gives exp, the next week Talendor does. See who cares about the game enough to neckbeard a way to get to level 2.

Kit
04-28-2020, 09:15 AM
OP signature contains 0 level 60s, but wants to nerf classes based on said knowledge in signature line.... seems legit, take notice devs for your next change log.

Imagine taking anything about OP seriously

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 09:20 AM
Wizard familiar and built in breeze that does not have have to be activated or buffed.

Reduce dot DPM by 50% for all dot classes.

Make charm only land and stick on greens. It can still land on blue - red cons, but only 10 seconds max.

Warriors already get 10 hp per star ya goof. Mend is dumb.

Don't think warriors need a buff really, but u could make berserk and cripples start at 60% and give them 3x out of combat bind wound healing. Warriors only.

Kich867
04-28-2020, 09:32 AM
If I were to make a class-adjusted classic server I might make the following changes:

Paladins: Defense skill to match Warriors
ShadowKnights: Defense skill to match Warriors
Warriors: Taunt generates threat based on skill rating to be on par with Pally/SK threat generation.
Rangers: Bows for rangers deal damage as if they were a normal 2-handed weapon, arrows function like bonus damage in melee slots as you level. Also ranged-auto-attack for rangers.

Clerics: Remove complete heal

All casters: Allow DoTs from the same class to stack.

Game balance: Rebalance monster damage at certain tiers of content to account for Complete Heal no longer existing.

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 09:49 AM
I would really enjoy seeing the thought patterns and reasoning behind some of you people's proposals. Not just the proposal itself.

Cuz overmaximum yikes.

Kich867
04-28-2020, 09:58 AM
I would really enjoy seeing the thought patterns and reasoning behind some of you people's proposals. Not just the proposal itself.

Cuz overmaximum yikes.

Sure. Why not let paladins and shadowknights tank on par with warriors, warriors no longer unintuitively need proc weapons to hold threat, rangers suck and making bows function like a normal 2-hander in its damage calculations would make them at least flavorful, it's dumb that 2 dots can't stack from the same class, complete heal is the laziest and most cancerous game design I've ever seen. The entire end-game of EQ had to be designed around the fact that clerics had Complete Heal, it was a problem and by removing it you maintain clerics being the best at healing but they can't just catatonically sit there and press one button every few minutes then go back to sleep..

Other than that I think the rest of the classes are fine, casters are all pretty flavorful and interesting, rogues and monks are great, don't really need to shake the game up too much to better balance the classes.

Muggens
04-28-2020, 10:15 AM
Terrible ideas and OPs favorite movie is Top Gun and he has no lvl 60s.

mycoolrausch
04-28-2020, 10:19 AM
WoW is for balance.

With that said a couple classes in this era are so broken as to be useless, my suggestions:

Druid - Nature's Touch heals for 1.2k damage (i couldn't figure out why it didn't to begin with except a zealous obsession with keeping every druid heal below any cleric heal).
Druid - a level 60 30 hp/tick regen.

Wizard - Sunstrike is a -300 fire lure
Wizard - Ice Spear of Solist is a -300 frost lure with no recast time.
Wizard - Banes require no reagent.

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 10:19 AM
Dots are overpowered and more game breaking than CH. Those classes with dots are buffed enough without even using them. Dots should be an alternative, not a go to. Druids, necro, and sham would be fine with dots stacking if their power was cut in half. All of those classes have viable Dd alternatives. People are just too dumb to spec evok or conj.

Are you offering to re design the entire end game without ch? Clerics would necessitate a buff then.

Hybrids don't need a mitigation buff. Lol. People just need to learn to raid heal and get away from the automation style thinking. Need more pallies, druids, and shams cycling heals on the Mt regardless of efficiency.

My verdict is you are stupid and <Seal Team Six> did not properly prepare you for combat.

Kich867
04-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Dots are overpowered and more game breaking than CH. Those classes with dots are buffed enough without even using them. Dots should be an alternative, not a go to. Druids, necro, and sham would be fine with dots stacking if their power was cut in half. All of those classes have viable Dd alternatives. People are just too dumb to spec evok or conj.

Are you offering to re design the entire end game without ch? Clerics would necessitate a buff then.

Hybrids don't need a mitigation buff. Lol. People just need to learn to raid heal and get away from the automation style thinking. Need more pallies, druids, and shams cycling heals on the Mt regardless of efficiency.

My verdict is you are stupid and <Seal Team Six> did not properly prepare you for combat.

Post count checks out

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 10:22 AM
WoW is for balance.

With that said a couple classes in this era are so broken as to be useless, my suggestions:

Druid - Nature's Touch heals for 1.2k damage (i couldn't figure out why it didn't to begin with except a zealous obsession with keeping every druid heal below any cleric heal).

Good changes.

Ennewi
04-28-2020, 11:19 AM
Remove bind affinity from classes that can't port.

Topgunben
04-28-2020, 11:57 AM
If I were to make a class-adjusted classic server I might make the following changes:

Paladins: Defense skill to match Warriors
ShadowKnights: Defense skill to match Warriors
Warriors: Taunt generates threat based on skill rating to be on par with Pally/SK threat generation.
Rangers: Bows for rangers deal damage as if they were a normal 2-handed weapon, arrows function like bonus damage in melee slots as you level. Also ranged-auto-attack for rangers.

Clerics: Remove complete heal

All casters: Allow DoTs from the same class to stack.

Game balance: Rebalance monster damage at certain tiers of content to account for Complete Heal no longer existing.

Im surprised to see complete heal being removed. If you take that away from Clerics, they dont have much to offer outside of getting other heal spells earlier in levels than druid and shaman.

kjs86z
04-28-2020, 12:03 PM
Excellent, wouldn't change a thing

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Remove bind affinity from classes that can't port.

Add soul binders. Allow only porters to bind out of city zones and gypsies / FM.

reznor_
04-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Imagine taking anything about OP seriously

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 12:07 PM
Im surprised to see complete heal being removed. If you take that away from Clerics, they dont have much to offer outside of getting other heal spells earlier in levels than druid and shaman.

K made some great suggestions they just fell into the trap of "1st path“ thinking and didn't follow through with rebalancing after the obvious. Which just leads to worse balance.

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 12:07 PM
*1st pass

Not path

Kich867
04-28-2020, 12:23 PM

Also better healing throughput, more efficient heals, res, large hp/ac buffs. Like I said, some things would have to be rebalanced, but EQ would've been a better game without the inclusion of it leading to content being held hostage by its existence.

Kohedron
04-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Here's my contribution to this thread:

Paladins: deleted, useless trash
Rangers: deleted, useless trash
Magicians: deleted, useless trash
Enchanters: changed to "robot" class, they become a robot warrior with 20k hp that quads for 250 each round (so, a nerf to the class)

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 01:06 PM
Also better healing throughput, more efficient heals, res, large hp/ac buffs. Like I said, some things would have to be rebalanced, but EQ would've been a better game without the inclusion of it leading to content being held hostage by its existence.

CH did hurt the whole game. Clerics do not really get better throughput until velious endgame + items.

There's a period in mid classic to kunark where Clerics get to utilize their hp buffs in strategic ways that truly can shine, this isn't viable for raids and is situational.

Imo raid content and the focus on raiding in general kinda ruins the fun. Too bad that the EQ devs got lazy and started balancing around dragons. Instead of keeping it classic and focusing on dungeons and exploration.

aaezil
04-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Here's mine:

Cleric - Remove CH

That server would actually be hilarious.
Shutup and take my money!

Kich867
04-28-2020, 01:19 PM
CH did hurt the whole game. Clerics do not really get better throughput until velious endgame + items.

There's a period in mid classic to kunark where Clerics get to utilize their hp buffs in strategic ways that truly can shine, this isn't viable for raids and is situational.

Imo raid content and the focus on raiding in general kinda ruins the fun. Too bad that the EQ devs got lazy and started balancing around dragons. Instead of keeping it classic and focusing on dungeons and exploration.

You don't feel like CH even at the dungeon level makes for boring, uninteresting gameplay? Maybe it does before duck cancelling so you kind of have to commit to it so there's some degree of risk involved.

The vast majority of my time as a cleric was spent doing nothing for very long periods of time and CHing once in awhile. There's no consideration for threat management while healing, you barely need to consider efficiency since if your tank isn't overpulling / well geared they're taking steady damage.

Offsetting the removal of CH may warrant increasing the cleric's healing bonuses and maybe introducing HoT's earlier into their spell set. But really that's where I want Clerics to be at. I like that they heal the most, the most efficiently, I like that they get the widest array of healing types of spells, and I think the game would be more interesting as a cleric if I got to actually utilize those tools.

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 01:23 PM
You don't feel like CH even at the dungeon level makes for boring, uninteresting gameplay? Maybe it does before duck cancelling so you kind of have to commit to it so there's some degree of risk involved.

The vast majority of my time as a cleric was spent doing nothing for very long periods of time and CHing once in awhile. There's no consideration for threat management while healing, you barely need to consider efficiency since if your tank isn't overpulling / well geared they're taking steady damage.

Offsetting the removal of CH may warrant increasing the cleric's healing bonuses and maybe introducing HoT's earlier into their spell set. But really that's where I want Clerics to be at. I like that they heal the most, the most efficiently, I like that they get the widest array of healing types of spells, and I think the game would be more interesting as a cleric if I got to actually utilize those tools.

I agree CH is yucky. I would often continue to use superior heal anyway so I wasn't locked into the long cast. Especially if a chanter was keeping adds ccd.

deezy
04-28-2020, 04:06 PM
i don't mind ch as a class balance thing, except that it leaves the other healers behind. I propose druids get a heal over time spell similar to shaman, but it makes spell casts longer so druids can fuck over spell casters much like shaman can fuck over melee.

deezy
04-28-2020, 04:28 PM
also ch should stun the target for like 5 seconds

Izmael
04-28-2020, 05:24 PM
End game raids without CH would certainly bring some zing to the said end game.

Bardp1999
04-28-2020, 05:35 PM
Bard - Remove mez level restrictions
Cleric - Nothing
Druid - Give shaman pet
Enchanter - Can only charm humanoids
Magician - nothing
Monk - nothing
Necro - nothing
Paladin - nothing
Ranger - nothing
Rogue - nothing
Shad. Knight - nothing
Shaman - nothing
Warrior - nothing
Wizard - Add Clarity spell line

TLDR
Necros can only charm undead, Druids can only charm animals, Enchanters can only charm humanoids. Give wizards Clarity, give druids (or maybe all priests) the same level of pet that Shamans get at the same level requirements

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 05:41 PM
Cleric - Nothing
Druid - Give shaman pet
Magician - nothing
Monk - nothing
Necro - nothing
Paladin - nothing
Ranger - nothing
Rogue - nothing
Shad. Knight - nothing
Shaman - nothing
Warrior - nothing

TLDR
Necros can only charm undead, Druids can only charm animals, Enchanters can only charm humanoids. Give wizards Clarity, give druids (or maybe all priests) the same level of pet that Shamans get at the same level requirements

I was going to frown, but then you got me thinkin like? Hmmm :)

ldgo86
04-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Remove Enchanters clarity line and give it to Wizards. That’s all.

Topgunben
04-28-2020, 05:47 PM
Cleric - Nothing
Druid - Give shaman pet
Magician - nothing
Monk - nothing
Necro - nothing
Paladin - nothing
Ranger - nothing
Rogue - nothing
Shad. Knight - nothing
Shaman - nothing
Warrior - nothing

TLDR

You wouldn't give Ranger or Warrior any bonuses given their current state?

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 05:51 PM
Also since I can't edit as per bardp... would make druid pet different looking then a wolf, maybe stick to the bear motif they got in later expac, as well as cleric pet would be like a floaty hammer with a shield or something. Or earth pet kinda lookin.

Jimjam
04-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Cleric should get a paladin as a pet. Remove paladins as a player class.

sacman08
04-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Short answer: no. The “class balance” is the same reasoning live used and what it became over time. Having my character become useless due to balance was no fun.

Natewest1987
04-29-2020, 01:53 AM

Cleric - Nothing
Monk - remove Mend
Paladin -nothing
Rogue - add feign death
Shad. Knight - nothing
Shaman - nothing

What do you think?

Don’t warriors already get 10 HP per stamina at max level ?

Otherwise... thoughts on ...
Wizard - meh, already really efficient. If anything, increase the damage, which would make it more efficient anyway. Or give them increased chance to crit.

Enchanter - Charm : keep chance for break, reduce duration and add recast timer that exceeds duration by atleast a few minutes. I’d love to see the animation function more like a swarm pet instead of a static one, amp it’s damage and make it poof once combat is exited. Another idea might be to reduce the enchanters spell casting ability while maintains a charm.

Warrior / Monk :
I don’t think Regen fits thematically with the warrior, but could with the monk. I’d say swap mend over to the warrior and give the monk the Regen bonus. Would also end up balancing out human vs Iksar on that front too.

Necro :
Pet dmg isn’t that great as it is. I recall being grouped with a similar level enchanter once in high keep whose animation pet was out damaging mine. If you degreased pet damage then you would absolutely need to reduce dot duration timers.

Magician :
A better approach might be to significantly reduce pet stats. Make them die more often or give them a chance to go berserk / hostile. Magda sit too comfortably once they have their max level pet summoned and decked out. Summoned elementals should be volatile and taxing to control.

Rogue :
Skip feign death, but add a mem blur ability or some other way to reduce aggro. Second, give them a stun ability that is only application from the front of the target. This would increase their soloing potential, without boosting their group play too much, as most of their time would be behind the target anyway.

I don’t know enough about the other classes to comment, but this is where I’d start for the ones above.

matticas
04-29-2020, 02:37 AM
WoW is for balance.

Whoa these are great.

Vaarsuvius
04-29-2020, 06:13 AM
Magician :
A better approach might be to significantly reduce pet stats. Make them die more often or give them a chance to go berserk / hostile. Magda sit too comfortably once they have their max level pet summoned and decked out. Summoned elementals should be volatile and taxing to control.

Reading the 2 suggestions about MAG in this thread, it's almost as if Magicians have uber pets that can solo dark blue con mobs while their master is afk and will only stand to loot mobs. You might think of lower level mobs that kill themselves on fire pet DS, but again, that pet has very low hps. 2 blues vs a fire pet and you can kiss your pet goodbye. There's no such thing as a MAG chain pulling db mobs for hours to get phat loot & xp without a moment to med/ heal. MAg pets hit for less than half as hard as the mobs they're fighting for their master. How OP is that ?:

[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier hits YOU for 140 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 56 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 32 points of damage.

Curious to know what you think a "fully decked out" pet is ? Best I can do is:
speed buff,
haste,
DS,
give it a proccing/ 2 handed weapon (but unlike enchanter charmed pets, you cannot get back anything that you give your pet),
pieces of trash armour to improve its AC,
no hp buff, no stat buffs, no regen, no fancy ability for a pet that will be between 5-9 levels below mine

Though RP wise an elemental that gets out of control sounds nice (critical failure on summoning may be ?), you're suggesting that a magician's only means of defense -except Gate- is to be a random duration charmed creature ?

As to the OP suggestion:

You obviously have not played a mage for long/ at all

Debuffs cost a lot of mana more so when you get resists,
nukes cost a lot of mana,
summoning pets cost a hell lot of mana (200 / 300 mana),
in the long run pets buffs also cost a ton of mana since they are very short duration (unless you have Velious clicky),
summoned items cost a lot too.

Mages get the short end of the stick in already enough departments as it is without adding another one. Thanks :)

Mead
04-29-2020, 08:30 AM

I’ve been saying this for years. The short answer is they just like to talk about stuff that’s literally never going to happen.

Hope this helps.

Secrets
04-29-2020, 09:26 AM
-Remove charm from all classes capable of using charm.
-Give all casters a weapon-based autoattack.
-Give all melee more abilities to use besides one spammable attack.

There, you've balanced EQ.

Mblake81
04-29-2020, 09:35 AM
-Remove charm from all classes capable of using charm.
-Give all casters a weapon-based autoattack.
-Give all melee more abilities to use besides one spammable attack.

There, you've balanced EQ.

Probably would do that if they ever port EQ to UE or Unity.

"Dude, watch me kill this group of orcs with the awesome button. Then I will parkour over to my minecraft house to do survival crafting"

Evia
04-30-2020, 06:03 PM

bro go just a touch deeper.
we're all gonna die so literally anything and everything you do, what's the point?

magnetaress
04-30-2020, 06:33 PM
Point is. Now that I thought about it some. Right now. In this moment. I know I am right and can make EQ perfect.

Then die.

But I won't. Make EQ perfect.

Topgunben
05-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Reading the 2 suggestions about MAG in this thread, it's almost as if Magicians have uber pets that can solo dark blue con mobs while their master is afk and will only stand to loot mobs. You might think of lower level mobs that kill themselves on fire pet DS, but again, that pet has very low hps. 2 blues vs a fire pet and you can kiss your pet goodbye. There's no such thing as a MAG chain pulling db mobs for hours to get phat loot & xp without a moment to med/ heal. MAg pets hit for less than half as hard as the mobs they're fighting for their master. How OP is that ?:

[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier hits YOU for 140 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 56 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 32 points of damage.

Curious to know what you think a "fully decked out" pet is ? Best I can do is:
speed buff,
haste,
DS,
give it a proccing/ 2 handed weapon (but unlike enchanter charmed pets, you cannot get back anything that you give your pet),
pieces of trash armour to improve its AC,
no hp buff, no stat buffs, no regen, no fancy ability for a pet that will be between 5-9 levels below mine

Though RP wise an elemental that gets out of control sounds nice (critical failure on summoning may be ?), you're suggesting that a magician's only means of defense -except Gate- is to be a random duration charmed creature ?

As to the OP suggestion:

You obviously have not played a mage for long/ at all

Debuffs cost a lot of mana more so when you get resists,
nukes cost a lot of mana,
summoning pets cost a hell lot of mana (200 / 300 mana),
in the long run pets buffs also cost a ton of mana since they are very short duration (unless you have Velious clicky),
summoned items cost a lot too.

Mages get the short end of the stick in already enough departments as it is without adding another one. Thanks :)

I have played a mage up to 70 starting in 2000 on E'ci, my main was a barbarian warrior also on E'ci. You are acting like 200 mana is a big deal to a class that can MED that in just over a minute at level 40. A level 40 barb warrior regens 300 hp over 10 minutes, if sitting down the whole time. A mage pet regens 300 hp in 1 minute, 10 times the rate of a warrior.

Mages can summon a new pet every minute and half and not run dry on mana. A warrior cant even solo a light blue mob post 30 without twinked gear.

If the only spells that mages had were summoning pets, they would still be bad ass. Add on to that DS, great nukes, COTH, burnout, mod rods blah blah

And before you say that warriors get all those great disciplines and are needed as end game raid tanks, 99.99% of this servers warriors will never ever be in a raid tank situation.

Let me put it this way, an army of mage pets can down Vox, but an army of Warriors cant. Thats the balance issue I am talking about.