PDA

View Full Version : Join our Static Group?!

Green Drake
04-21-2020, 09:10 PM
Seeking Static Group. This is a concept I just learned about. A group of 6 players create level 1 characters, then set up a play schedule (maybe 2-3 times a week). The goal is to only grind XP as a group. I don’t really know many others who play, but this might be a great way to meet people. My wife and I both play, so we would only need 4 more people! We play on west coast hours. PM me if this sounds interesting!

Baler
04-21-2020, 09:53 PM
What level range if you already have a character establish?

If you're just starting out. When did you have in mind to play? AM/PM
I know this has worked in the past. But public details help push it towards the goal line.

Pacific timezone, got that.

Green Drake
04-21-2020, 11:02 PM
I was imagining we would all start a level 1. Personally, I’m happy to choose whatever class balances the group. As for play times, we can be flexible. However, the following can serve as a starting point for discussion.

Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 5:00 to 9:00
Saturday’s from 5:00 to ?

These days and times are flexible and could easily be adjusted to suit members.

Green Drake
04-22-2020, 10:32 AM
We still have a couple of spots left! Please PM me
if interested.

Green Drake
04-22-2020, 02:55 PM
Summary so far:

Top three class preferences in order:

Player 1: Cleric, Enchanter, Paladin
Player 2: Wizard, Druid
Player 3: Druid, Necro, Wizard
Player 4: Paladin, Rogue, Shaman
Player 5: ?
Player 6: ?

We still have room. Please either post here or PM me if you are interested!

Green Drake
04-22-2020, 04:34 PM
I think we have a full group!

Green Drake
04-22-2020, 07:43 PM
I am not sure I was able to reach out to everyone. Please check your PM to receive the invite to our private Discord server. If you did not get the invite, please PM me. Thanks!

vanix
04-23-2020, 07:02 AM
Full groups are so pointless using in the same breath as powerleveling do urselves a favor and just buy a ton of belts and ears and duo monk and monk or monk shm / druid and level twice as fast reflected by math i did in my head on a 100xp mob 6 ppl split to 20 + bonus so 25xp each duo 50xp each for logic and all that am i wrong?

Green Drake
04-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Perhaps, but your argument assumes our goal is merely to level quickly. I think we have formed a solid group who is just excited to adventure together.

ldgo86
04-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Full groups are so pointless using in the same breath as powerleveling do urselves a favor and just buy a ton of belts and ears and duo monk and monk or monk shm / druid and level twice as fast reflected by math i did in my head on a 100xp mob 6 ppl split to 20 + bonus so 25xp each duo 50xp each for logic and all that am i wrong?

Yikes

Taiku
04-23-2020, 03:09 PM
Yikes

vanix
04-23-2020, 06:18 PM
I guess I just prefer to see my xp move instead of grouping with sk's rangers and troll shm all destroying the xp income I'm so over it no more6 man groups for me

Swish
04-23-2020, 06:41 PM
I guess I just prefer to see my xp move instead of grouping with sk's rangers and troll shm all destroying the xp income I'm so over it no more6 man groups for me

You should make a necromancer.

Bigsham
04-23-2020, 08:20 PM
Drugs

cd288
04-23-2020, 09:03 PM

This mentality is everything that's wrong with modern MMO players. I'm guessing this guy is like 17 or 18.

Side note, XP for turn ins was heavily nerfed. Not really worth it.

Tywulf
04-27-2020, 03:34 PM
Perhaps, but your argument assumes our goal is merely to level quickly. I think we have formed a solid group who is just excited to adventure together.

Was introduced to EQ by a couple of friends in 99, they had already formed up in Qeynos.

So naturally I make a Wizard in Freeport. It's a long run across the continent at level 2.

So after deleting the wizard somewhere in the Karanas (ROFL) I rolled up a halfling rogue (my D&D favorite) and was lucky to get a druid to run me over to Qeynos to join my friends.

The core group (Cler, Bard, Rog) stayed together till mid-late Velious when the Cleric got married and the Bard changed jobs, but it was HANDS DOWN the best social experience I had in EQ. Met some of the best people, experienced serious (for the time) content (Open Sky raids that would last all weekend, Friday Night Hate Nights with Dredan and Demari.. and that's still Classic!)

I ended up in my servers "uber-guild" until I left more or less for good mid-way through OoW. We pretty much owned ToV and Sleeper.. later Ssra and VT. We made PoP our biznatch.

I miss the core group and that fun far more than the mad raiding and all that fuss.

I'm probably in the minority there though.

Crookstinger
04-27-2020, 04:05 PM
I've been a part of several static groups, both on P99 and in City of Heroes (where I now spend most of my gaming time). It's definitely tops in terms of the fun I've had in either game.

Seetherrr
04-27-2020, 09:11 PM
This mentality is everything that's wrong with modern MMO players. I'm guessing this guy is like 17 or 18.

Side note, XP for turn ins was heavily nerfed. Not really worth it.

If it was nerfed then I couldn't imagine what it was like before it was nerfed. Yesterday I got my rogue from level 6 to 14 in using turn ins.

Green Drake
05-19-2020, 03:19 AM
This has turned out to be a great idea!

We meet on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 5-9 PST, and often on Sunday afternoons. It’s been great fun for everyone! However, we recently lost one of our party who is no longer able to make our group times and we are looking for a replacement.

If you have a DPS class around level 18 that you are willing to commit to our static group, then please PM me. The specific class is not nearly as important as your ability to make our group times consistently and be a good natured person who is fun to play with.