PDA

View Full Version : rip shrink pots?

beantmt
04-21-2020, 04:56 PM
I just tried to make some Ant's Potion (aka shrink pots) today and discovered that I just get a message saying that the ingredients can't be combined. When I try to use the shrink pots that I have, I get a message that says "You are not sufficient level to use this item."

What's the deal? Is this expected? Do shrink pots come back at some point?

Thanks,
Petunya (lvl 50 shaman) :mad:

Schulgix
04-21-2020, 08:21 PM
I bought one thing of 10x shrink pots pre patch and it worked fine. It has 8 charges left and now says that I am not sufficient level to use the item.

loramin
04-21-2020, 08:29 PM
Shrink (SHAMAN) has been put in to the game. It is a Level 19 spell, and available in all Shaman starting cities. This spell will only be castable in dungeons. It will not leave an icon on your screen - Shrink will last until you zone
https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#Plane_of_Fear_Era

That's just the spell though; couldn't find any mention of the potion.

Baler
04-21-2020, 08:32 PM
You may thank Dolalin for submitting bug reports about alchemy and every other class except druid.

And yes the staff will protect him.

In fact some of the current guides use to be major bug reporters.

mcoy
04-21-2020, 11:29 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#Plane_of_Fear_Era

That's just the spell though; couldn't find any mention of the potion.

Yeah, I tried searching and all I could find was a patch note from 2000 saying that the potions were now usable everywhere (assuming this means outdoors).

My plat's on Dolalin finding in-era evidence that the recipe shouldn't exist yet.

-Mcoy

Scoojitsu
04-22-2020, 01:45 AM
There was a patch note somewhere saying that those potions got disabled for the moment.
Iirc they will be usable and craftable again at some point.

Dolalin
04-22-2020, 03:16 AM
Until Feb 2000 era, this was the entirety of Alchemy:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355292

Shrink potions, Sow potions, and all the rest we know today weren't added until the Feb 2000 revamp. Those recipes should be reenabled in Feb 2000 era if I understand correctly.

Guise was the only way for large races to shrink in dungeons, that's why it was so desired. Having out-of-era shrink pots diminishes the classic value of the Guise (and after Shrink is added, shamans themselves).

Btw my main on Green is a bard :rolleyes:

Swish
04-22-2020, 05:16 AM
I'm going to suggest that most players didn't know what a guise was in early 2000 let alone that they should go and farm one because its the only way they can shrink down.

Swish
04-22-2020, 05:18 AM
You may thank Dolalin for submitting bug reports about alchemy and every other class except druid.

And yes the staff will protect him.

In fact some of the current guides use to be major bug reporters.

Funnily Daldaen was this way, I remember him bug reporting classes he didn't play.

Classic is classic though, just funny how people go about it.

drackgon
04-22-2020, 07:57 AM
So what all Potions got changed removed atm?

Dolalin
04-22-2020, 08:08 AM
Wrong that I never reported any druid bugs btw. Here's a big one that really hurt druids for a long time:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340773

They tend to be game mechanics bugs though instead of data bugs, and those are harder to fix / era-version (it seems).

fadetree
04-22-2020, 09:21 AM
ITT : Dolalin ownin' folks.

bluntfang
04-22-2020, 10:01 AM
i had evidence that red wood wands were different on classic. how do i submit a bug report?

garfo
04-22-2020, 11:17 AM
So... when do shrink pots go back in on the Green timeline?

mcoy
04-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Feb 2000 era according to Dolalin. Timeline estimate is September. You'll know it because Paineel gets added and the Erudite population explodes.

-Mcoy

loramin
04-22-2020, 01:15 PM
i had evidence that red wood wands were different on classic. how do i submit a bug report?

Step #1: Understand that Project 1999 defines "classic" as "as classic as possible, with exploits removed" ... and they get to define what is and isn't an exploit.

Step #2: ... there is no step #2

Carolan
04-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Well, lol, thx for nothing there. I don’t think many players knew guise as a shrink item back in 1999 but in 2020, everybody knows. Guise list is going to explode even further...

Vizax_Xaziv
04-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Wow unreal! Stuck with several thousands plat worth of useless potions now! Fantastic!

beantmt
04-22-2020, 06:33 PM

Good question. As some may know, I (Petunya) spend a large amount of my time doing alchemy and selling potions. It's a way I can enjoy the game while simultaneously doing all the IRL stuff now that I'm an adult with a family.

As an example, I have sold over 200kp in just frost potions and wort potions (which are relatively expensive compared to other potions). That's my *cost*, I've made nothing close to that in profits as my margins are super thin (and often zero). Anyway, guilds invest a lot money in having them for raids, and imo, there's nothing *broken* about them that ruins the game. Same goes for shrink pots, which allow large races to actually play in places like CT (which is now more popular now due to a ZEM increase--was that a classic change?).

Other, apparently non-classic potions continue to work from the few that I've tested. So, coming to the point, if shrink potions were removed, then why not everything else? It seems extremely silly and inconsistent. Additionally, if everything else is going to be removed then you've stolen probably thousands of hours of peoples' lives trying to enjoy this game, and those hours have been stolen for no good reason as it would fix nothing that is broken.

So based on the evidence that I've seen, either A) bring shrink potions back, and keep alchemy as-is, or B) go back to classic alchemy. Make a choice that is consistent.

And, just a small ask here, give us a heads up in release notes so that I don't go buy expensive materials and find out they can't combine.

loramin
04-22-2020, 06:43 PM
either A) bring shrink potions back, and keep alchemy as-is

They will do exactly that ... when it's timeline-appropriate. But (as you can see in the upper-left corner) the entire point of this place is to re-create classic EverQuest, and Live did not have those potions at this (equivalent) point in time.

As for the part about the (all-volunteer) staff not perfectly removing every unclassic potion? It's clearly shoddy worksmanship, so I suggest you try and get a refund on what you paid to play here ;)

beantmt
04-22-2020, 06:48 PM
They will do exactly that ... when it's timeline-appropriate. Because the entire point of this place (as you can see in the upper-left corner) is classic EverQuest.

As for the part about the staff not perfectly removing every unclassic potion? I suggest you try and get a refund on what you paid to play here ;)

This isn't a real response to my argument. Please don't add noise to this thread just for the sake spewing blather.

loramin
04-22-2020, 07:00 PM
This isn't a real response to my argument. Please don't add noise to this thread just for the sake spewing blather.

I directly addressed your concern with a correct and true answer to it: what more do you want?

I don't set the rules, because I didn't build this place (and spend over a decade making it classic): someone else did. I'm just giving you the facts.

Joeyco1989
04-22-2020, 10:34 PM
Wrong that I never reported any druid bugs btw. Here's a big one that really hurt druids for a long time:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340773

They tend to be game mechanics bugs though instead of data bugs, and those are harder to fix / era-version (it seems).

What ranger annoyed you to post this bug....

JKKKKK

vanix
04-23-2020, 06:31 AM
No seriously ask for a refund for whatever u paid for EQ and monthly scrips etc.....get ur money i mean life back

bluntfang
04-23-2020, 08:51 AM
Step #1: Understand that Project 1999 defines "classic" as "as classic as possible, with exploits removed"

maybe they should update the main page to include this then? like where does it officially say this?

vanix
04-23-2020, 06:28 PM
So shrink pots will be Mia until when??

vanix
04-23-2020, 06:30 PM

And when should they come back??? Facts pls

Ivory
04-23-2020, 06:35 PM
This is a pretty small problem....

(Ha ha get it? ho he ho he ho)

mcoy
04-23-2020, 07:32 PM
And when should they come back??? Facts pls

When Paineel opens.

-Mcoy