PDA

View Full Version : Bard Swarm Locations in Classic

kingpinner
04-21-2020, 11:25 AM
I just started up a bard and have been learning the swarm kite method. I'm curious where we can swarm past lvl 25 in classic? All the guides online use kunark after 20. I'm assuming I'll be in south karana at 20-25 or 30. But from there, I don't know if there is anything available in classic.

Cen
04-21-2020, 11:29 AM
There isn't much in classic due to low mob density. Keep in mind theres also a 4 mob limit in place anyway for now. If you kill 4 barely red mobs, you will still level faster then any other method. SK is your best bet probably right now.

kingpinner
04-21-2020, 11:31 AM
There isn't much in classic due to low mob density. Keep in mind theres also a 4 mob limit in place anyway for now. If you kill 4 barely red mobs, you will still level faster then any other method. SK is your best bet probably right now.

It was recently bumped up to 25 mobs.

Cen
04-21-2020, 11:43 AM
It was recently bumped up to 25 mobs.

Nice.

ChooChoo Train
04-21-2020, 11:47 AM
PM ChoooChooo#0384 on discord young padiwan SK is slow AF compared to other yummy spots. I’ve got your swarm/charm/dot spots covered 1-50

Bigsham
04-21-2020, 12:28 PM
^ Wants free powerlevel for secret spot locations

BlackBellamy
04-21-2020, 12:43 PM
I just need to know which spots to avoid. This information is useful two ways. Spill the beans.

douglas1999
04-21-2020, 12:49 PM
Please do not swarm at the aviak fort in south karana during prime time. There will be like 8 different groups\people trying to get spawns, and nobody wants to watch you run in circles for 20 minutes with every aviak.

ChooChoo Train
05-16-2020, 07:53 PM
Swarming SolB LDC and BnB is doable with the FGs dead(like always), exp is marvelous, watch out if you pull any bats...Actually the pull is pretty crazy but Xp is worth it 48+ is recommended for cessation dot.

Jibartik
05-16-2020, 09:43 PM
Swarming SolB LDC and BnB is doable with the FGs dead(like always), exp is marvelous, watch out if you pull any bats...Actually the pull is pretty crazy but Xp is worth it 48+ is recommended for cessation dot.

If you mez a spider in the 3 spawn room, then run back around to the spot where the stone statues are (like you were walkn to giants normally) it will path up and pull only the spiders to you, all of em.

Poormans chardook. :o

Canelek
05-16-2020, 10:10 PM
It seems swarm-bards always find away to shit up every zone.

ChooChoo Train
05-16-2020, 10:37 PM
It seems swarm-bards always find away to shit up every zone.

Kinda hard to kite LDCs if they are dead from a group

cd288
05-16-2020, 11:19 PM
Honestly if you’re swarming in most places in classic you are kind of a dick lol. I would wait till Kunark and hit OT

billwilliams
05-17-2020, 12:55 AM
So the limit is 25 now? And swarming is seen as a dick move? Hmmm...might roll a bard, class I have yet to play but I am already pretty good at strafing/running mobs in circles from dot kiting on necro/shaman.

And if server rules are FTE for outdoor zones and a bard can FTE 25 mobs at a place like KFC in SK, I see now reason why they can't if they are landing the actual first hits if level 50s are allowed to hold/monopolize camps as low as orcs or high as LGuk, SolB, etc. Server rules are server rules right? Not like the bard would be doing anything against those rules long as they are landing the first hit, otherwise why raise the limit to 25 if you can't take advantage of it?

billwilliams
05-17-2020, 01:06 AM
Zones n Mobs I can think to swarm up to the 25 limit -

Noob kobold/froglock/goblin camps - can Xp on these upto level 12 and still get upto 6pp as some of them drop bronze 2h hammers - find these in zones from steamfont to BB to innothule

Can swarm bears in rathe mts - level range low as like 10 and then I think around 20ish? For the kodiaks, like 50+ spawns roaming across the lake rathe zoneline - can collect full inventory of HQ/MQ/LQ pelts while you are at it

Wisps - across the karanas, especially in NK by gypsy camp. Same zone can do the giant beetles that roam, they are already slow without a snare. Can turn in GLS from the wisps to ding well into the low 20s and make several K of PP

From here you can swarm the gnolls/spiders in EK nearby

In the mid teens I would imagine more parts of the karanas will open up, swarm low level centaurs and aviaks, can also try swarming the entire undead camp with a levitate in lake rathetear by the SK zoneline (spawn at night only)

From here you can now do KFC and anything around that area in SK into mid 30s OR the centaurs around their area/merchant

At this point I think you are high enough you can start swarming stuff like the lower level freeport guards in WFP or start working your way around open area dungeons you can set a circuit around like Unrest or Mistmoore into your 50s

There you go, never even played a bard but these mobs and zones seem like the obvious swarm areas just from playing in them.