PDA

View Full Version : Turned in Bandit Sashes as Human Necro in Qeynos

ardikus
04-19-2020, 10:47 AM
Now my guild masters are KoS. Am I screwed?

loramin
04-19-2020, 11:08 AM
The faction you lowered (I believe) is https://wiki.project1999.com/Bloodsabers.

If you look at that page you'll see a list of quests you can do (although many might be a challenge with your faction at KoS) and mobs you can kill to fix the faction. The latter seems like your better recovery path: you can look through the mobs listed to figure out what to kill, but if nothing else you can just kill that koalindl fish over and over until your faction recovers :)

madgarin
04-19-2020, 11:13 AM
might not be financially feasible but giving 5gp repeatedly to guard shilster in nk is one the least negatively impactful ways to repair bloodsaber faction.

ardikus
04-19-2020, 11:17 AM
might not be financially feasible but giving 5gp repeatedly to guard shilster in nk is one the least negatively impactful ways to repair bloodsaber faction.

How many turn ins would this take to get from scowl to apprehensive?

Ivory
04-19-2020, 11:29 AM
Now my guild masters are KoS. Am I screwed?

Bloodsabers, do the tacklebox quest. Then turn in the tunic to firepride. Do that a bunch!

madgarin
04-19-2020, 11:29 AM
ah you went to scowling? a shit ton.........
another option, depending on your other faction levels would be to do the tacklebox quest then go turn in the dress, can be done in same zone and nets all positive factions.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faren%27s_Tacklebox
https://wiki.project1999.com/Hurrieta%27s_Tunic_Quest

just the first part of the tunic quest though.
disclaimer: my experience is on blue so not sure if these quests available on green.

madgarin
04-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Each run will net you +3 bloodsaber
giving to shilster is only +1pt but can be done quicker, though more expensive
charts for each level of /con are shown here, put your running shoes on :)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

loramin
04-19-2020, 12:14 PM
Each run will net you +3 bloodsaber
giving to shilster is only +1pt but can be done quicker, though more expensive
charts for each level of /con are shown here, put your running shoes on :)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

Just one quick note: you may be basing that on actual data, in which case ignore the rest ... but if you're basing that on the wiki please don't.

While the wiki is 99% accurate on which factions a quest/mob gives, the specific numbers it has are way off. They were copied from some incorrect live source when the wiki was created, and if there was an easy way to mass remove them I would, because they're wrong more often than not and only confuse people.

Trust the wiki on factions, but please don't rely on the specific numbers. Assume every faction hit gives +1 or -1 until you see evidence otherwise, if you don't want to be disappointed by how long your faction grind takes.

madgarin
04-19-2020, 12:30 PM
the numbers I got originally from zam and verified with personal experience, I have done a ton of factioning on my lizard necro.

loramin
04-19-2020, 12:38 PM
the numbers I got originally from zam and verified with personal experience, I have done a ton of factioning on my lizard necro.

The first part of that statement scared me (to anyone reading this: please don't trust zam for anything, as the game has changed a ton since 2001) ... but the second part made me :)

In-game data > all.

madgarin
04-19-2020, 12:42 PM
For many of the older quests, the numbers are better than you'd think. Numbers for killing mobs are all bjorked, I agree.

loramin
04-19-2020, 01:03 PM
For many of the older quests, the numbers are better than you'd think. Numbers for killing mobs are all bjorked, I agree.

It all comes down to "did Verant ever change the faction rewards?", and to be sure the answer to that for many quests/mobs is in fact "no". But it was also yes to many quests/mobs. I don't have any good facts on the exact percentages of either ... I just know that personally I've seen the wiki numbers be both right and wrong many times.

Ultimately though, if you decide "I'll trust the wiki", and you see "oh X gives 5 faction hits so I only need to do it Y times" ... you're going to be disappointed when it turns out the wiki was wrong and it actually only gave one hit (so you have still have 4 * Y more times ahead of you). If you assume everything is a +/- 1, you'll only ever be pleasantly surprised :)

Of course, the real solution, as with anything like this (eg. ZEMs) is simply that the wiki needs more data. If everyone factioning up on a single source counted how many times they had to kill/turn-in to that source, even if the exact count wasn't perfect (who wants to go check their faction after every kill?), it'd still be pretty easy to figure out if a source gives a 1 or a 2 or a 5.

All it would take is for that person to add a quick note to the wiki ("this +5 has been verified in-game, 4/2020"), and then we wouldn't have to worry or care about what Zam said.

madgarin
04-19-2020, 01:11 PM
One of these days I'll get the motivation edit in the things I have verified in game. TBH I was kind of hoping Aalderon would beat me to it. :)

loramin
04-19-2020, 01:27 PM
One of these days I'll get the motivation edit in the things I have verified in game. TBH I was kind of hoping Aalderon would beat me to it. :)

https://i.imgur.com/i0bq0rg.gif

Niadissa
04-19-2020, 10:26 PM
ahh, wish i had known this before doing the rat king head in qeynos for Knights of Karana quests. Trusted Zam's +50 points of faction and spent way to long farming that stupid begger till i finally gave in and just gave novashine gold

Benanov
04-20-2020, 01:01 AM

It's also one of the slowest and most expensive.

The best way to fix Bloodsabres are to kill Priests of Life and Knights of Thunder mobs.

Sadly there are not very many Knights of Thunder mobs. The paladins giving out quests in Rathe Mountains for Sol Ro Molds for Paladins have a few, but they have a VERY unhappy red con that comes to their aid very readily.

Priests of Life have a few more, but that also knocks down a few other factions that you may or may not care about.

Balimon
04-20-2020, 01:15 AM
Can't you just kill Kolandil fish in Qeynos to fix Bloodsaber?

Jibartik
04-20-2020, 07:25 AM
I did this for role-play reasons with my Necro! Also because the good guy experience in Qeynos is too good.

Did you know that the reason the sewers there have a green mist is because the psychos boys in the water and killed thousands of women and children?

When I found that out my young necromancer had enough with that sick cult.

Good job op!

madgarin
04-20-2020, 09:44 AM
It's also one of the slowest and most expensive.

The best way to fix Bloodsabres are to kill Priests of Life and Knights of Thunder mobs.

Sadly there are not very many Knights of Thunder mobs. The paladins giving out quests in Rathe Mountains for Sol Ro Molds for Paladins have a few, but they have a VERY unhappy red con that comes to their aid very readily.

Priests of Life have a few more, but that also knocks down a few other factions that you may or may not care about.

Factoring in the lack of mobs and opposing faction hits, 5gp to shilster is one of the fastest and more reliable, but expensive ways to raise bloodsabers. Depending on your level of carpal tunnel, you can go from max scowling to max ally in a few hours pending your bank account.

I have done it more than once (I screwed a different faction so had to raise it up again). As Loramin has stated, many of the mobs give a +1 to the positive and -10 or more to the negatives. I learned that the hard way killing the treant in nk for unkempt druids faction, interwebs said it was +25 (not the wiki) after 50 kills, found out it was +1. :)

Cen
04-20-2020, 09:47 AM
Becoming KOS to your own guild is rough, but for a human Necro, its not even close to curtains for you. You have the Dismal rage guild, the dead, the gnome necro guild and even near qeynos when paineel opens human necros are well loved there.

Geomance22
04-20-2020, 12:57 PM
I kinda regret ruining freeport faction by killing highkeep guards on teal

was so damn profitable though :(

loramin
04-20-2020, 01:53 PM
Becoming KOS to your own guild is rough, but for a human Necro, its not even close to curtains for you. You have the Dismal rage guild, the dead, the gnome necro guild and even near qeynos when paineel opens human necros are well loved there.

This. And also, you can always:

Have main character buy a bunch of Rubies (you lose very little plat when you re-sell them in step #4)
Create a level 1 Necro with good faction
Drop transfer rubies to level 1
Have level 1 sell rubies and buy your spells
Drop transfer spells back

Qeynos has plenty of empty buildings for doing the transfers, but the zone usually has enough people that you don't have to worry about that issue where if no one is in the zone your drop transfers poof (if that's even still a thing).

And of course, there's the even simpler "skip the drop transfering and ask a stranger", or possibly even "skip it all and just pay a newbie Necro a couple plat to buy your spells for you".

P.S. Training points are overrated ;)

madgarin
04-20-2020, 02:44 PM
This. And also, you can always:

Have main character buy a bunch of Rubies (you lose very little plat when you re-sell them in step #4)
Create a level 1 Necro with good faction
Drop transfer rubies to level 1
Have level 1 sell rubies and buy your spells
Drop transfer spells back

Qeynos has plenty of empty buildings for doing the transfers, but the zone usually has enough people that you don't have to worry about that issue where if no one is in the zone your drop transfers poof (if that's even still a thing).

And of course, there's the even simpler "skip the drop transfering and ask a stranger", or possibly even "skip it all and just pay a newbie Necro a couple plat to buy your spells for you".

P.S. Training points are overrated ;)

This, all of this.