PDA

View Full Version : New Era of Clickies

Comoc1
04-19-2020, 06:14 AM
What costs what?

What does what now?

Who will cry the most about these changes?

shuklak
04-19-2020, 06:47 AM
Soul
Nothing
Everyone

mycoolrausch
04-19-2020, 07:42 AM
It's time
https://i.imgur.com/eosKpCU.png

highelfenc01
04-19-2020, 09:46 AM
I genuinely wonder if wort pots are up next

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 09:59 AM
When they gonna buff warrior proc rates?

Sometimes u can be on a Dragon, for a good 60+ seconds without a weapon proc.
Which is why we used a few root net clicks, etc.

Please buff warriors. Im sure the GM's are aware they have 0 channeling skills and CAN NOT cast clicks while aggro'd on a mob. If you are sneezed on, you will interrupt. Wasn't sure if you GM's knew that.

thanks for taking more away from us 8D

Baler
04-19-2020, 10:05 AM
#SelectivelyClassic

magnetaress
04-19-2020, 10:15 AM
Aren't all dragons pre-rooted?

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 10:29 AM
Aren't all dragons pre-rooted?

Most TOV dragons are rooted. Wasn't sure if this was legit question. :confused:

loramin
04-19-2020, 10:31 AM
#SelectivelyClassic

As it's always been, and always will be. But damn it's hard to argue it's not #BetterSelectivelyClassic now :D

YendorLootmonkey
04-19-2020, 10:40 AM
When they gonna buff warrior proc rates?

Sometimes u can be on a Dragon, for a good 60+ seconds without a weapon proc.
Which is why we used a few root net clicks, etc.

Which is why in Classic Live, the raid force letting the tanks build aggro before rushing into to attack, managing aggro throughout the fight (DPS stops attacking if the raid mob starts flipping around on the tank), and even using SKs and Paladins as MTs were all things we remember doing back on Live but like to selectively forget about on P99 after 10+ years of abusing mallets and root nets to the point where it was built into raid strategy.

Baler
04-19-2020, 10:42 AM
As it's always been, and always will be. But damn it's hard to argue it's not #BetterSelectivelyClassic now :D

I guess you can #BetterTheWiki by making all the clickie changes on it :p

Mblake81
04-19-2020, 10:51 AM
Which is why in Classic Live, the raid force letting the tanks build aggro before rushing into to attack, managing aggro throughout the fight (DPS stops attacking if the raid mob starts flipping around on the tank), and even using SKs and Paladins as MTs were all things we remember doing back on Live but like to selectively forget about on P99 after 10+ years of abusing mallets and root nets to the point where it was built into raid strategy.

Nilbog/Rogean: Anyone completing the SoulFire quest from this point forward who is NOT a Paladin will recieve a SoulFire with 0 charges.

long time coming for this server

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 10:57 AM
Nah proc rates were better on Live.

I really wish people would stop comparing live to p99.... they are COMPLETELY incomparable.

I'm simply asking when are they going to increase proc rates.

Please, make yourself a warrior, GM summon some items, join a group, and watch how amazingly shity your proc rates are.

Gotta monk in your group with stun mallet? a few rouges with procing hate spells?

GL yo.

Now multiply that into the raid scene LOL..

Again please buff warriors.

Baler
04-19-2020, 11:01 AM
Again please buff warriors.

Make AGI great! :cool:

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 11:04 AM
4, and even using SKs and Paladins as MTs were all things we remember doing back on Live.

LOL Join Riot on your pally, tank AOW, Vulak, an most the non slowable dragons.

lmk how that goes 8D

thanks!

magnetaress
04-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Warriors that rely on proc rates are kinda goofy i remember wurmslayer being the bomb digity and that other 1hander with really high dmg/low delay but made good agro

Ostepop
04-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Paladins in the FTE team is the new meta, I guess.

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 11:07 AM
Warriors that rely on proc rates are kinda goofy i remember wurmslayer being the bomb digity and that other 1hander with really high dmg/low delay but made good agro

LOL Its a combination of white dmg and procs. Meh... explaining this to you, feels not worth my time. Checked all your posts since 1/2020 LOL :(

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 11:16 AM
Proc rate's were nerfed years ago
spell aggro hate was nerfed a few months back

these two separate non related nerfs. BOTH directly negatively effect warriors ability to hold aggro.

White DMG is not enough to hold aggro. even with VoG + 41% haste, you still are out hasted by epic monks. And rogues white dmg with BS is far greater then any warrior. (esp with a wurmslayer LOL HAHAHA)

anyone know how hard it is to keep asking monks to FD, and rogues to evade or wait a few seconds before attacking? In my experience they dont listen. 8(

Baler
04-19-2020, 11:21 AM

these two separate non related nerfs. BOTH directly negatively effect warriors ability to hold aggro.

White DMG is not enough to hold aggro. even with VoG + 41% haste, you still are out hasted by epic monks. And rogues white dmg with BS is far greater then any warrior. (esp with a wurmslayer LOL HAHAHA)

anyone know how hard it is to keep asking monks to FD, and rogues to evade or wait a few seconds before attacking? In my experience they dont listen. 8(

I think there is a spreadsheet buried in the forums comparing the proc changes.
I remember this was a big deal when it happened.

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 11:29 AM
Its also A LOT easier to tell your raid to HOLD DPS.

But its almost impossible to tell your random KC group to hold DPS.

Yah i used clicks in group content, I might be rare, but if I were in a hands group and hands an Pawbuster is in your camp, FUCK YES i would use a net click here an there to hold better aggro.

This not only changes the raid scene. but it really effects EVERYONE.

Might I dare say this effects group content more then the raid scene!?!?!

Baler
04-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Telling DPS to hold DPS is like spitting into the wind.
It may not all come back and hit you in the face but there will always be those few DPS who doesn't listen causing droplets of spittle to gust across the raid's face.

Mblake81
04-19-2020, 11:34 AM

Because they suck and make you think you suck because they can't play their class.

Lostfaction
04-19-2020, 11:36 AM
big all around buff to bards with the idol and bladestopper nerf. casting while running

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 11:36 AM
Because they suck and make you think you suck because they can't play their class.

8( the truth hurts man. PREAAAAACHHHH

Nexii
04-19-2020, 11:42 AM
Doesnt raise the price of reapers and mallets does it? People just recharged those out of convenience. Those were the biggest two used

I suppose a cast time could be a big nerf though

Baler
04-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Time to update https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium

magnetaress
04-19-2020, 12:37 PM
You know its all your fault that you allow these shady loser rogues and monks to even join your group at all.

If they don't know how to DPS they should sit around LFG eternally with no one replying to them or sending them tells because they have all been blacklisted. This is how it worked on live, and how grandpa did it, and how you should do it.

YendorLootmonkey
04-19-2020, 12:37 PM
LOL Join Riot on your pally, tank AOW, Vulak, an most the non slowable dragons.

lmk how that goes 8D

thanks!

Obviously there were some things in Classic on Live that required warrior disc.

But I also distinctly remember going in for some raid targets tagging with flame lick and tanking with weaponshield while the MT and rampage tank were busy building aggro along with me and already having the CH cycles land on the MT so the clerics didn't get destroyed immediately, while the rest of the raid force had to wait 30 seconds or so to engage. There were some targets you did not have rangers blow trueshot on because you HAD to use rangers as speedbumps so your clerics who already had to have the CH cycle landing (because the tank would not last 10 seconds waiting for the first one) prior to the MT taking the full brunt of damage did not out-aggro your warriors.

YendorLootmonkey
04-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Its also A LOT easier to tell your raid to HOLD DPS.

But its almost impossible to tell your random KC group to hold DPS.

Yah i used clicks in group content, I might be rare, but if I were in a hands group and hands an Pawbuster is in your camp, FUCK YES i would use a net click here an there to hold better aggro.

This not only changes the raid scene. but it really effects EVERYONE.

Might I dare say this effects group content more then the raid scene!?!?!

It only takes a few group/raid wipes for people to adjust themselves or people getting MINUS DKP for not following instructions.

Baler
04-19-2020, 12:41 PM
You know its all your fault that you allow these shady loser rogues and monks to even join your group at all.

If they don't know how to DPS they should sit around LFG eternally with no one replying to them or sending them tells because they have all been blacklisted. This is how it worked on live, and how grandpa did it, and how you should do it.

It's like you're talking to me directly :o

Ezrick
04-19-2020, 01:44 PM

It's not hard at all if the mob will absolutely wreck them if it turns on them.

If not, and especially if there is XP to be had (think trash mobs in air/fear/hate/pog) then it is absolutely impossible.

If some idiot is posting parse results it gets pretty hard as well. People care more about their standing on the parse results than absolutely anything.

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 01:58 PM
The raid scene will adjust as they always do. Warriors will build aggro before DPS engages.

I'm mostly talking about group content. Warriors, imaging having better proc rates /droll or more hate on your weapon proc??

I know... it'd be amazing.

Molitoth
04-19-2020, 02:03 PM
Obviously there were some things in Classic on Live that required warrior disc.

But I also distinctly remember going in for some raid targets tagging with flame lick and tanking with weaponshield while the MT and rampage tank were busy building aggro along with me and already having the CH cycles land on the MT so the clerics didn't get destroyed immediately, while the rest of the raid force had to wait 30 seconds or so to engage. There were some targets you did not have rangers blow trueshot on because you HAD to use rangers as speedbumps so your clerics who already had to have the CH cycle landing (because the tank would not last 10 seconds waiting for the first one) prior to the MT taking the full brunt of damage did not out-aggro your warriors.

Welcome back Ranger class. This is how it is now working.

drakkan
04-19-2020, 02:48 PM

I'll stand here and wait to see a paladin or sk tank AoW....I'll wait...

kaizersoze
04-19-2020, 02:54 PM
You all got too used to relying on clicks and now content isnt going to be as trivial anymore. Oh no.

YendorLootmonkey
04-19-2020, 02:59 PM
I'll stand here and wait to see a paladin or sk tank AoW....I'll wait...

Ranger weaponshield tank before the half second CH cycle starts landing on the Pal/SK... go!

boukk
04-19-2020, 04:44 PM
It may not all come back and hit you in the face but there will always be those few DPS who doesn't listen causing droplets of spittle to gust across the raid's face.

Aggro has always been the job of the whole raid, not just the tank, people are going to have to play normally and learn to manage their hate level like on live, people will learn or die.

ChooChoo Train
04-19-2020, 04:45 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Greater_Potion_of_Negation

https://wiki.project1999.com/Potion_of_Negation

Vendor bought mats for cheap 10 charge instant aggro, albeit on any slowable mob this will only be used beginning of fight. On the plus side it will dispel any unwanted effects on incoming. Plus it’s 10 charges so more clicks per inventory slot. You nerds are all welcome.

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 04:57 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Greater_Potion_of_Negation

https://wiki.project1999.com/Potion_of_Negation

Vendor bought mats for cheap 10 charge instant aggro, albeit on any slowable mob this will only be used beginning of fight. On the plus side it will dispel any unwanted effects on incoming. Plus it’s 10 charges so more clicks per inventory slot. You nerds are all welcome.

your so cute, cancel magic builds, about 10 points of hate? maybe less? lol

Ripqozko
04-19-2020, 05:10 PM
spamming ghazugi ring would give more then those pots, it also gives 1 point per click

Arvan
04-19-2020, 05:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RQX09Hv.jpg

ChooChoo Train
04-19-2020, 05:11 PM
your so cute, cancel magic builds, about 10 points of hate? maybe less? lol

Nullify magic is really that low? Worth testing I know it’s usually the first spell cast which definitely has an aggro cap, regardless its at worst a super easy to get 10 charge FTE instant item.

xdrcfrx
04-19-2020, 05:14 PM
Nullify magic is really that low? Worth testing I know it’s usually the first spell cast which definitely has an aggro cap, regardless its at worst a super easy to get 10 charge FTE instant item.

The wiki shows that as having a cast time, though?

ChooChoo Train
04-19-2020, 05:31 PM
The wiki shows that as having a cast time, though?

Rip you are right lol

Izmael
04-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Don't know how many people raided back when all this content was relevant, in 2000 / 2001. I did and every guild I knew used warrior proc weapons to build hate for however long needed. Paladins would LoH the tank if bad luck on procs and CH rotation couldn't start. Willsapper and such were the standard.

We killed everything just fine (well, except AoW really but that was for other reasons).

shadowdinah
04-19-2020, 05:38 PM
Don't know how many people raided back when all this content was relevant, in 2000 / 2001. I did and every guild I knew used warrior proc weapons to build hate for however long needed. Paladins would LoH the tank if bad luck on procs and CH rotation couldn't start. Willsapper and such were the standard.

We killed everything just fine (well, except AoW really but that was for other reasons).

problem is proc rates are nerfed on p99,

also hate per proc is nerfed.

Warriors are hella gimped on p99.

Baler
04-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Change hurts smaller guilds more than it does large zerg guilds.

tyrant49333
04-19-2020, 05:44 PM
lol you can tell whose never raided trying to contribute here

Mblake81
04-19-2020, 05:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LzI7Qnr.jpg

magnetaress
04-19-2020, 05:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RQX09Hv.jpg

Geomance22
04-19-2020, 05:52 PM
I've been really impressed with the changes from staff lately, great quality of life common sense decisions

Mblake81
04-19-2020, 06:07 PM
I've been really impressed with the changes from staff lately, great quality of life common sense decisions

I also prefer to treat games as real life.

Molitoth
04-20-2020, 11:56 AM
Aggro has always been the job of the whole raid, not just the tank, people are going to have to play normally and learn to manage their hate level like on live, people will learn or die.

Yep. People will be whining for the next week (like every patch), but they will adapt and move on. Also, there are some extremely smart people playing p99, and some new strategy will arise out of it.

Honestly I've come to enjoy changes that come with this server as it makes things a bit more "new".

For instance: The strategy to Kill the Broken Jorelleg was fun as hell to pull off the first time.

Bbeta
04-20-2020, 12:23 PM
WTS OT hammer 10k otherwise get you VP plebs

Vizax_Xaziv
04-20-2020, 01:03 PM

anyone know how hard it is to keep asking monks to FD, and rogues to evade or wait a few seconds before attacking? In my experience they dont listen. 8(. In other words, yes, DPS Classes will now to use the threat mitigation skills they have built into their kit. Verant added Evade to Rogues for a reason....

Dogma
04-20-2020, 01:11 PM
White dmg (and threat) is better if you kick the shaman from group.

Warriors not having any channelling skill, they can't use any of the clickies with a new cast time to boost their aggro mid-fight anymore. Tank swaps gonna be ugly.

mycoolrausch
04-20-2020, 02:42 PM
. In other words, yes, DPS Classes will now to use the threat mitigation skills they have built into their kit. Verant added Evade to Rogues for a reason....

And buffed Blade of Carnage so velious raid mobs actually dropped a non shit aggro weapon for a reason too

ytrafikdelacoke
04-20-2020, 02:45 PM
Looks like DPS have to learn to manage their aggro!

Izmael
04-20-2020, 02:48 PM
Willsapper and Wavecrasher are great aggro weapons within reach of any raiding guild.

Hotel
04-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Willsapper and Wavecrasher are great aggro weapons within reach of any raiding guild.

vaniki is super easy to grab, just wait for another guild to fte it and as long as their kite has more than 4 mobs you can rip it off

Senix
04-20-2020, 03:45 PM
vaniki is super easy to grab, just wait for another guild to fte it and as long as their kite has more than 4 mobs you can rip it off

I am going to guess this is a TSS spokesperson they are famous for this exact reasoning/action. #TSSgetsnorespect

Senix
04-20-2020, 03:47 PM
Also no ones posted the price changes how expensive are root nets, mallets, prayers now ? I am curious about those items and also it's going to make vyemm, tunare, aow tank changes pretty rough.

Guesty07
04-20-2020, 05:30 PM
I vividly remember it being the norm for other melee classes to stand there waiting for a number of seconds (10 -20) before auto attacking a mob that the tank was on. And I dont just mean warriors, I'm talking paladins and shadow knights too. That's always how the game was played 21 years ago.

Clazxiss
04-20-2020, 05:52 PM

Fun fact, there is a WoW raid boss with a mechanic, I forget the name, where attacking it during X time will reflect all damage back on you. After the first two or four wipes, surprisingly you'll find people can learn to stop attacking.

I'll take even a step further! There have been at least 3 raid bosses in WoW where players had to keep their backs turned to it or risk wiping the raid.

I'm with you though, Baler. Asking EQ players who think they're "L33T" when they've been playing with a handicap is very hard.

Mblake81
04-20-2020, 06:10 PM
Fun fact, there is a WoW raid boss with a mechanic, I forget the name, where attacking it during X time will reflect all damage back on you. After the first two or four wipes, surprisingly you'll find people can learn to stop attacking.

I'll take even a step further! There have been at least 3 raid bosses in WoW where players had to keep their backs turned to it or risk wiping the raid.

I'm with you though, Baler. Asking EQ players who think they're "L33T" when they've been playing with a handicap is very hard.

Slamming p99 players is one thing, bringing up wow in this context like you did though.. if I had a jug of gas and a match you would go up like a dry Christmas tree.

Bardp1999
04-20-2020, 07:11 PM
It's about fucking time - great change to the servers

magnetaress
04-20-2020, 08:15 PM
There was the OoW boss with the mask that was 1337 ) I believe he was a pretty big deal b4 wow got there.

Kalamurv
04-20-2020, 09:17 PM
end boss in anguish is what your thinking of....also to the guy thinking nullify is hate rofl, its literally the third lowest hate you can aggro a mob with, behind creeping up and sitting, followed by creeping up not sitting (sit move closer sit etc)

magnetaress
04-20-2020, 09:30 PM
i always keep a lvl 1 spell in the front of my book

Canelek
04-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Eh. I mean, it kind of sucks since this particular game seems to pull the least motivated and most attention-deficit folks in the MMO realm. Those items certainly smoothed the curve out quite a bit.

More yelling at and raid-bannings for individuals will be in order moving forward.

magnetaress
04-20-2020, 10:34 PM
Eh. I mean, it kind of sucks since this particular game seems to pull the least motivated and most attention-deficit folks in the MMO realm. Those items certainly smoothed the curve out quite a bit.

More yelling at and raid-bannings for individuals will be in order moving forward.

I would say try red but tbh they aren't really better at following directions or reading instructions either.

I feel like... if I could I would love to play with a bunch of programable people, but I have a hard enough time writing those same instructions in english let alone some wierd lua script so i just dont worry about it and I enjoy being lvl 10 from time to time.

Hotel
04-21-2020, 09:02 AM
it seems my previous posts were deleted

grats bladefrenzy

zanderklocke
04-21-2020, 09:20 AM
Is frontal stun immunity on ogre warriors more valuable now?

Freakish
04-21-2020, 10:08 AM
No. Why would it be? Zero channeling skill means zero channeling.

Allishia
04-21-2020, 10:35 AM
Is frontal stun immunity on ogre warriors more valuable now?

Will still interrupt spells just won't get stunned.

deezy
04-21-2020, 10:53 AM
Will still interrupt spells just won't get stunned.

but your non-channel will not get interrupted from a stun.

Senix
04-21-2020, 03:27 PM
Being and Ogre will not help the situation all the 2.5-3second casts will always be interrupted it just takes 1 hit for a warrior 0 channeling skill.

Zephire
04-22-2020, 06:45 PM

Yet the Warrior epic relies on procs.

Videri
04-22-2020, 08:27 PM
I believe procs are quite necessary to retain aggro over rogues, monks, and spell DPS that will easily out-aggro a warrior's swing aggro. Once the rogues get gear and haste and stuff, they'll easily out-aggro a warrior just by swinging their good-ratio weapons so much.

Bardp1999
04-22-2020, 09:57 PM
A 15 mana cost spell - root - negates all agro mechanics. If you're raiding it just means Dragons wont die in 20 seconds, it will be more like 60 seconds.

Ratchet51
04-26-2020, 09:02 AM
Clickies weren't nerfed good enough.