PDA

View Full Version : New Duo looking for class suggestions

Stratos
04-18-2020, 02:46 PM
I played EQ for about 3 years back in 99/2001 and mostly played a Paladin. I also had a Cleric, Wizard, and Necro. I loved the Paladin and never got to get my Epic that I always wanted, but I realize in the high end Paladins are kinda Meh for raiding. My wife will likely play a Druid and I was thinking about maybe a Bard because I always enjoyed having Bards in my group.

Should we go Paly\Druid or Bard\Druid?

Natewest1987
04-19-2020, 02:22 AM
Paladin / Druid would have my vote, but hard could be interesting. I think you could do a lot with the Paladin / Druid combo that you could probably also do with bard/Druid, but with a lot less effort.

Anxarcule
04-19-2020, 03:24 AM
Paladin Druid sounds like a lot of fun to me. Nice tanking ability with DS while the druid DoTs. SoWs and ports for easily moving around, and regen for minimal downtime. Never played a Paladin so not sure if druid would get aggro from you, but I think you'd have a fun time with this duo.

Bards are OP as hell though, but you you'll wear out your wrists playing one effectively.

Ramathorn
04-21-2020, 04:15 PM
Druid rogue. Druids can kite while the rogue backstabs.

I’m a big fan of shaman mage. But if you’re set on Druid, you can make a Druid mage work for sure.

Izmael
04-21-2020, 04:29 PM
Clr / Enc if you want to min / max
Sham / Mnk fun and powerful
Sham / SK fun and powerful
Wiz / Rog if you want to try something stupid

HandOfFate
04-21-2020, 05:52 PM
Enchanter/Cleric was so powerful on Green/Teal. We were basically in cloth duoing even cons all day long. It requires a lot of skill on the enchanters part. Cleric only has to be good at reacting fast with stuns on charm break.

My partner and I did Efreeti and Fire Giants at a time when entire guilds were raiding them. FG are tough to split without a monk, but doable as an enchanter. However, now that they are belly casters, this may be tougher. Efreeti is still a pushover. Everything in Guk is easy. All of Kedge other than Phinny and his guardians are also easy.

eqravenprince
04-21-2020, 06:15 PM
Magician + Druid - Send pet in keep him healed, rinse repeat all the way to 50

Bigsham
04-21-2020, 07:50 PM
Enchanter/Cleric was so powerful on Green/Teal. We were basically in cloth duoing even cons all day long. It requires a lot of skill on the enchanters part. Cleric only has to be good at reacting fast with stuns on charm break.

My partner and I did Efreeti and Fire Giants at a time when entire guilds were raiding them. FG are tough to split without a monk, but doable as an enchanter. However, now that they are belly casters, this may be tougher. Efreeti is still a pushover. Everything in Guk is easy. All of Kedge other than Phinny and his guardians are also easy.

Im so good at this game me and my friend were duoing content entire guilds were raiding like efreeti thats how good i am

everything is easy when your great like me, ask me how much money i have in the bank in real life?

LOL NOTHING

Taiku
04-21-2020, 08:32 PM
Im so good at this game me and my friend were duoing content entire guilds were raiding like efreeti thats how good i am

everything is easy when your great like me, ask me how much money i have in the bank in real life?

LOL NOTHING

Why you gotta be like that?

HandOfFate
04-21-2020, 09:53 PM

LOL NOTHING

It is the class combination that is powerful, not me.

Baler
04-21-2020, 09:58 PM
bigsham likes to troll, be careful who you quote.

Jibartik
04-21-2020, 11:03 PM
Paly druid oh man, what a combo that two would be so good fighting for nature and holy goodness I had to draw this for you two if you go that route.

https://i.imgur.com/Ck0gJAh.jpg

I love these two hero's!

(also I never drew anything like this before in my life and wow I cant believe that Mspaint sure is neat!)

Baler
04-21-2020, 11:07 PM
om'gosh that picture is hilarious and epic at the same time.

Jibartik
04-22-2020, 12:18 AM
I think maybe I will start a screenshot thread where you can submit a pic and ill draw it?

Find one baler and you can be my first!

I cant promise that this wasnt just luck though and the rest will look like utter crap tho /shrug

Cen
04-22-2020, 12:22 AM
For ages ive been working on a youtube video called the what you'll love what you'll hate class guide. I am trying to aim for 5-10 minutes, and ive had to mess with the outline a bunch. It has quotes in it for each class too from the most prominent class players I can deep dive on the forums for. I wanted to have footage of a class being played effectively in their most common situations. Hopefully I have something to just slam on everyones class posts in the future ;D

Baler
04-22-2020, 12:24 AM
I think maybe I will start a screenshot thread where you can submit a pic and ill draw it?

I cant promise that this wasnt just luck though and the rest will look like utter crap tho /shrug

You drew this? digitally?

OMG dude you're an artist, KEEP AT IT! :eek:
Please just anything, that's my request.

Seriously,. anything the next experience on p99, 'draw it'
https://i.imgur.com/6kj6qzq.gif

Jibartik
04-22-2020, 01:04 AM
lol Baler you're the best!

Kamid
04-22-2020, 01:19 AM
Seriously that MSPaint drawing is pretty epic..

Natewest1987
04-22-2020, 01:20 AM

LOL NOTHING

Insecure... about everything ?

Taiku
04-22-2020, 04:30 AM
Paly druid oh man, what a combo that two would be so good fighting for nature and holy goodness I had to draw this for you two if you go that route.

https://i.imgur.com/Ck0gJAh.jpg

I love these two hero's!

(also I never drew anything like this before in my life and wow I cant believe that Mspaint sure is neat!)

This is amazing, you're very talented! I look forward to seeing more if you decide to make and post more!

hagglebaby
04-22-2020, 06:13 AM

I love these two hero's!

meh

drawing is just ok

Cen
04-22-2020, 08:10 AM
meh

drawing is just ok

I loled

Everyone gonna get new avatars

Jimjam
04-22-2020, 08:18 AM

This is not luck, you clearly have a natural aptitude to understand how highlights and shadows fall, and the position of edges in 3d space.

https://i.imgur.com/s6yKZgE.png

I'd love to see your reinterpretation of this.

Alternatively if you could do the picture I earnt a forum holiday for when I posted it in the Aftermath recruitment thread.

https://i.imgur.com/OS4gOrh.png

Canelek
04-22-2020, 01:06 PM
Well done on the MSPaint drawing!