PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Monk and Iksar Necro's this November twink list

Cen
04-17-2020, 03:28 PM
What is the classic into Kunark twink list for these two? Monks probably more important I guess.. so what can a level 1 Iksar of these two classes be wielding? I know the wiki has some answers but don't need the exact things, just a few good ideas I can pre-prepare like some solusek necro items and some monk questy items and such :p Its not a BIS list more of a nice set of ideas for some fun before iksars come out..

Example: an Iksar monk has some good 1hb and 2hb options in kunark that might not be available day 1 but close, but also the classic ideas. In classic they dont have many weapons at all to choose from!

loramin
04-17-2020, 03:46 PM
Monks probably more important I guess

Having twinked my Necro on Blue as much as I could without going nuts (eg. buying him a z heart or Velious armor MQs), I can confirm there's really not a ton you can do to twink a necro. http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer has some ideas, and it even has era tags so you can see what little is classic.

Of course, you can get them some decent robes with decent stats and stuff, but it really won't make a huge difference, because the class solos mainly on spellpower, not gear. You give even a a low-level Shaman a fungi, maybe a haste belt and a proccing weapon, and it makes a very big difference, but Necros just aren't able to get better at leveling through gear in the same way.

Twink the monk :)

Porcoa
04-17-2020, 03:47 PM
ctrl+f "fist"

inb4 fist

Cen
04-17-2020, 03:55 PM
Having twinked my Necro on Blue as much as I could without going nuts (eg. buying him a z heart or Velious armor MQs), I can confirm there's really not a ton you can do to twink a necro. http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer has some ideas, and it even has era tags so you can see what little is classic.

Of course, you can get them some decent robes with decent stats and stuff, but it really won't make a huge difference, because the class solos mainly on spellpower, not gear. You give even a a low-level Shaman a fungi, maybe a haste belt and a proccing weapon, and it makes a very big difference, but Necros just aren't able to get better at leveling through gear in the same way.

Twink the monk :)

Its moreso the monk than the necro really, the Necro is more a fashion twink I suppose. Robe of Shroudment looks great of course ;D

Taiku
04-17-2020, 04:13 PM
Generic HP items are always nice on either class! (And STR is pretty nice on necro for hauling ill-gotten goods from hours of camping elf guards)
Diamondine Earring (https://wiki.project1999.com/Diamondine_Earring)
Djarns Amethyst Ring (https://wiki.project1999.com/Djarns_Amethyst_Ring)
Platinum Fire Wedding Ring (https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Fire_Wedding_Ring)
Hooded Black Cloak (https://wiki.project1999.com/Hooded_Black_Cloak)
Drake-hide Sleeves (https://wiki.project1999.com/Drake-hide_Sleeves)
Glowing Bone Collar (https://wiki.project1999.com/Glowing_Bone_Collar)

As far as monk specifically? FBSS and Sharkbone Warhammer (https://wiki.project1999.com/Sharkbone_Warhammer) x2 maybe? Are those even better than bare hands?

Jimjam
04-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Take your 50 main to CoM to loot a wqs then reroll to your monk. Maybe get a couple of those nuke staves for fun too.

Cen
04-17-2020, 05:06 PM
I was thinking on Monk to do some budget HP rings, a set of cured silk armor, one great one hand blunt weapon (to keep skill max), and one great 2 hand blunt. Thanks for the jewelry ideas Taiku.

I only have about 1k in gold and a thick banded belt to my name in terms of valuable stuff since october ;D We'll see what I can budget twink

Octopath
04-17-2020, 05:23 PM
Necro get a cos and jboots. Nothing else needed

Jimjam
04-17-2020, 05:32 PM
Necro get a cos and jboots. Nothing else needed

CoS gonna /list

Baler
04-17-2020, 05:43 PM
CoS gonna /list

That's the first place I'm going

Sizar
04-17-2020, 06:15 PM
Brazier of Elemental Summoning to start

Vexenu
04-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Fighting Batons from Dalnir will be in high demand for the first few months of Kunark. They are only 8/20, but that ratio obviously blows away low level Monk fists. And they are not as rare as the Wu's drops from CoM and can be camped fairly easily.

BlackBellamy
04-17-2020, 06:41 PM
Ok so for your monk, you gonna need a Tranix Crown, Gatorscale Leggings, a Djarns and one 55HP ring. Also cured silk for the rest but really I would just totally skip that. Day one go in start pulling stuff and fill up the rest of your slots pretty quick. No hassle advice right there.

ldgo86
04-17-2020, 06:44 PM
55hp rings all you need for the Necro. Don’t you dare buy Robe of the Oracle. That robe and an Iksar is the very worst Fashionquest.

loramin
04-17-2020, 06:50 PM
Brazier of Elemental Summoning to start

This. Such a fun item.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-17-2020, 07:38 PM
All u need now to twink any class are several bags full of Red Wood Wands. Done and done!

Indecisive
04-17-2020, 10:43 PM
Honestly, the items I noticed most on my necro were weight reduction bags, and they almost never get talked about. Having nice gear is great, but outside of a CoS for charming, nothing improved my QoL nearly as much. Especially if you plan to do any of the sister or guard camps.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-17-2020, 11:13 PM
Honestly, the items I noticed most on my necro were weight reduction bags, and they almost never get talked about. Having nice gear is great, but outside of a CoS for charming, nothing improved my QoL nearly as much. Especially if you plan to do any of the sister or guard camps.

What bags do u suggest in Classic? (already have an Abukar Box)

Indecisive
04-18-2020, 01:52 AM
What bags do u suggest in Classic? (already have an Abukar Box)

Sewn Evil-Eye and Large Soiled are 70% and 65%, respectively. Obviously Tink bags if you're ballin' once they're in the server, I believe same patch Abu-Kar stops dropping. Shralok are even pretty decent, especially if you're on a budget. Hand Made are almost worthless though, imo, outside of being 10 slot.

Natewest1987
04-18-2020, 02:40 AM
Are we all aware that twink means something completely different, but kind of the same, in other languages ?

Indecisive
04-18-2020, 03:45 AM
I goofed and can't edit, but I was thinking of the Light Burlap Sack for the 65% bag. Large Soiled is 100%, but only small items.

Jimjam
04-18-2020, 03:51 AM
Yeah, I think you mixed in a bit of evil eye bag in there too. Is that the 75%er?

Indecisive
04-18-2020, 05:05 AM
Yeah, Evil-Eye is the 70%.

Cen
04-22-2020, 11:18 AM
Hey guys, bumping with a monky question:

I am thinking of actually starting the monk epic journey using my cleric to do sash quests if thats even possible, but I noticed a possible skip.. apparently the red robe can just be got from killing the two monks wearing them. Do most monks do the epic this way now or is that a lot more unlikely in the Kunark era?

ldgo86
04-22-2020, 11:46 AM

I am thinking of actually starting the monk epic journey using my cleric to do sash quests if thats even possible, but I noticed a possible skip.. apparently the red robe can just be got from killing the two monks wearing them. Do most monks do the epic this way now or is that a lot more unlikely in the Kunark era?

Can Brother Q or Z even be killed in Classic? Level 61 Monk GM.

I did the full Headband and Sash quests on Blue for my robe. It was a really fun adventure. Until it took 8 hours to spawn Brother Q. Even still!

Cen
04-22-2020, 01:36 PM
I mean, on Blue they get killed with ease I hear, but in Kunark, the power levels may not even be close.

Anyway, im doing the monk quests now, but on my cleric ;D

boukk
04-22-2020, 01:43 PM
raw mana and hp items for high return at low level.

Jimjam
04-22-2020, 02:56 PM

Kill both; one for epic, one for sexy red dress!

Cen
07-10-2020, 09:40 AM
Bumping for Jibartiks item list :)

Vaarsuvius
07-10-2020, 10:07 AM
Take your 50 main to CoM to loot a wqs then reroll to your monk. Maybe get a couple of those nuke staves for fun too.

Get ready to be there for a long time if you're looking for that staff
I've been soloing in CoM for some time now (late 49 to 52) and I've only seen 1 of their ultra rare drops (Quiver of Marr, bleh), and 1 gem

Getting one in EC would be much faster (Edit: forgot prices will be very high at first for these... Stupid Blue player thinking...)

Then if you can get on fungi /list with a 50 to twink your monk, I guess you'll be golden

Keebz
07-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Can Brother Q or Z even be killed in Classic? Level 61 Monk GM.

Yea, they've been getting killed pretty regularly. Lots of dark mauve robes floating around.

Wallicker
07-10-2020, 06:49 PM
This is easy
https://wiki.project1999.com/Brass_Knuckles x2 then MQ yourself sky fists.

Really just MQ yourself all the sky gear.

Jibartik
07-10-2020, 07:41 PM
Can you get the haste belt before level 46?

Cen
07-10-2020, 10:40 PM
Can you get the haste belt before level 46?

I'm curious about everything he said to be honest. Looks like nobody has sold those brass knuckles on blue before in EC (just forums for over 300k) and also isn't all that stuff off limits to anyone under 46 for MQ, and can you actually MQ that stuff? ;p

Jibartik
07-11-2020, 12:06 AM
To be fair Im sure like a large portion of raid monks are already planning to reroll.

M.J.
07-11-2020, 09:28 AM
Then if you can get on fungi /list with a 50 to twink your monk, I guess you'll be golden

My guess is that if it takes a key to get in, there won't be a list, and everyone will be recording and ready to upload to get rid of shitters.

As far as twinking monks and necros, besides WR, brazier, pet weps, gear, etc, there are some quest items you can use to pl to 9 or 12 that would only take an illusion pot and a transfer or two for evils & neutrals. But after the great kaladim bone chip melt down of '19 put your eggs in that basket at your own risk.

Cen
07-11-2020, 11:00 AM
My guess is that if it takes a key to get in, there won't be a list, and everyone will be recording and ready to upload to get rid of shitters.

As far as twinking monks and necros, besides WR, brazier, pet weps, gear, etc, there are some quest items you can use to pl to 9 or 12 that would only take an illusion pot and a transfer or two for evils & neutrals. But after the great kaladim bone chip melt down of '19 put your eggs in that basket at your own risk.

That's why I like gnoll fangs. They aren't bullshit OP, but they are mildly solid, but not world ending if it got nerfed to nothing. Killing gnolls is sexually gratifying after all.