PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids are bad on green

Baler
04-14-2020, 07:35 AM
If you want to play a hybrid class play Blue,
Where they've been buffed at the end of velious.

Hybrid's dps is bad
Hybrid's exp penalty is bad
Hybrids are not required for any content

If you show up at a raid as a hybrid you're telling everyone else they're time is worth less than your time. Roll a cleric or a rogue if you want to contribute to a raid.

The Hybrid EXP Penalty while hottly debated is making group's members level slower. Warriors with the right weapons and dex can hold agro. Any justification for hybrids being good in groups is compensation for how they ultimately drag the group down.

The hybrids class from classic till the end of velious is not required for any content.

So be mad or sad because you rolled a bad class that has a detrimental effect on the community. Hybrids are bad when the raid wiped because 10 hybrids showed up instead of clerics/rogues. Hybrids are bad when you made your group take hours longer grinding instead of leveling up.

TL/DR - Hybrids are bad on green if you want to play a hybrid go play it on blue.

BlackBellamy
04-14-2020, 07:40 AM
Can you describe the community goal? The one that is being hurt by the hybrids. What did we all agree to I forget?

Baler
04-14-2020, 07:41 AM
Can you describe the community goal? The one that is being hurt by the hybrids. What did we all agree to I forget?

having fun

Mblake81
04-14-2020, 07:58 AM
Iksar monks have raid critical regen

Baler
04-14-2020, 08:02 AM

Excellent non-hybrid race/class, looking forward to kunark for Ikky Monks

Mblake81
04-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Excellent non-hybrid race/class, looking forward to kunark for Ikky Monks

2 per xp group.

solleks
04-14-2020, 08:10 AM
It's a bad situation

Baler
04-14-2020, 08:18 AM
It's a bad situation

If we continue informing people of the truth things can get better!

Mblake81
04-14-2020, 08:18 AM
Kunark, a l33t state of mind.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 08:43 AM
You know what is bad Baler? When I am an early riser and I wake up and 6/7 ths the coffee pot is already gone and I read a post like this.

I like hybruxeds. They have really great RP potential. My half elf warrior of beautoxxulous is a shadowknight herself.

Jimjam
04-14-2020, 09:14 AM
My enchanter / rogue hybrid disagrees.

Kohedron
04-14-2020, 09:18 AM
In before butthurt paladin saying all the stuff they can do

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 09:20 AM
The best class is a Bard, druid, and monk trio so they can powerlvl every class for mad plat and 1337 FTE's tbh

Jimjam
04-14-2020, 09:51 AM
B A R D
| \/ |
| /\ |
B R A D

solleks
04-14-2020, 10:20 AM
So the exp penalty is derived from d&d??

solleks
04-14-2020, 10:29 AM
The exp penalty is fuuuuuuuucked

Guesty07
04-14-2020, 11:17 AM
I dont even play a hybrid class but I hope I never have the adore of running into you.

solleks
04-14-2020, 11:45 AM
Selfish prick chooses hybrid, complains about meeting the hard working classes who carry him to phat ass lewtz

Octopath
04-14-2020, 11:53 AM
A guise on a non hybrid is lame. Good try though

Mendo
04-14-2020, 12:00 PM
Hybrids hold aggro... I love grouping with Pal/SK tanks rather than most warrior tanks.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 12:11 PM
I am going to main a DE SK on green, this is my one chance for fear planar armor. I passed it up the last 3x and I am messin around with a warrior there, but i keep wishing I was going hard for the paint on this one toon.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 12:12 PM
Unless someone strongly suggests its probably easier to get umbral on one of the other servers

loramin
04-14-2020, 12:41 PM
I think some class(es) are bad in every era of EverQuest: perfect balance was never EQ's strong suit.

It just sucks for Rangers because they'll never have a moment to shine here on P99, unless custom content gives them something.

magnetaress
New elf just rolled

magnetaress
I think some class(es) are bad in every era of EverQuest: perfect balance was never EQ's strong suit.

It just sucks for Rangers because they'll never have a moment to shine here on P99, unless custom content gives them something.

Rangers are great for adventurers and RPers not so great for loot machines.

They shine in EK and WK and NK.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 12:42 PM
And in other foggy zones to like Lfay

Lampolo
04-14-2020, 12:54 PM
OP thank you. We need more people being clear about this for all the noobs. Hybrids are outclassed in every scenario by other classes. They dont solo the best, they dont duo or trio the best, they dont grp or raid the best either. I see a ton of people advising hybrids for noobs asking about which classes to play. I think this is part of why I see so many hybrids on green and it needs to stop. WARRIORS are better xp/loot in all spots. Stop pointing out the aggro thing, thats the hit wars had to take for being so OP and its super easy to work around.

Smurflogik
04-14-2020, 01:12 PM
Does Green do Fear without bards? I'm only level 4 on that server so I genuinely have no idea.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 02:00 PM
I have no idea but kunark is still almost a year away, plenty of time to powerlvl my way into looting some rotting umbral <3

Baler
04-14-2020, 02:06 PM
Does Green do Fear without bards? I'm only level 4 on that server so I genuinely have no idea.

Bard kites in fear are not required to fully complete plane of fear. :)

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 02:07 PM
ya i seen fear done with zero bards

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 02:07 PM
get a lot of druids with snare or rangers and ur good to go

indiscriminate_hater
04-14-2020, 02:10 PM
let's talk about it

cd288
04-14-2020, 04:33 PM
I thought this was a DMN post when I first started reading it

YendorLootmonkey
04-14-2020, 04:40 PM

We will shine when Kunark opens and everyone wants Seb keys!

And then ironically never get a group in Seb.

Ennewi
04-14-2020, 04:43 PM
In before butthurt paladin saying all the stuff they can do

Reporting for duty.

loramin
04-14-2020, 04:51 PM

This guy Rangers ;)

Jimjam
04-14-2020, 04:55 PM

Don't forget when Sky opens and those darned bees are beaten (I don't want to underestimate the neck beards, but is that even possible in rusty planar gear at 50?!) you'll be eating the DT of the sisters!

Ennewi
04-14-2020, 04:58 PM
Warriors get offensive/defensive type disciplines. Monks, Rogues, and even Rangers get their own versions. Not sure how good Deftdance is for Bards, but it's something and the class already has its uses on raids. Who doesn't get any defensive whatsoever? Paladins and Shadow Knights. Who gets the weakest offensives? Same answer.

The classes occupy a gray area in a very black and white game.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 05:02 PM
It is more about having a cool purple or flaming sword.

No other class gets those.

Midoo
04-14-2020, 05:06 PM
Don't eat before swimming, don't stare at the sun, don't play a hybrid in classic if you want to have fun

Basic rules of life

Toothed
04-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Hybrid is more fun...period. You get to melee and have spells nuff said. Thanks for your "elite" wisdom though.

solleks
04-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Hybrids are great if you practice social distancing at all times (gay)

Budder
04-14-2020, 05:34 PM
I mained a Ranger through PoP on live ‘back in the day’ and had a blast. After discovering AC/STA/STR items I was a beast. Didn’t even know about the XP penalty till late game. Ranger or warrior is my next toon here on green after recently getting my Druid to 50. IDC about the hate.
Having fun is where it’s at!

Cheers!

Swish
04-14-2020, 05:54 PM
50 (or 60) is where characters go to die. Enjoy the journey.

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 06:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/SwVbpCp.gif

solleks
04-14-2020, 07:00 PM

Much needed perspective realignment, i feel rejuvenated

Ennewi
04-14-2020, 09:04 PM
When players tout a game as being superior/more immersive to other games for reasons that contradict the classes and zones they choose within that game. EverQuest only has underpowered classes and the experience penalty exists worldwide compared to those others games.

Atmas
04-15-2020, 12:40 AM
Can anyone comment in this thread or is it only for people who exemplify the Dunning–Kruger effect?

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 01:32 AM
Can anyone comment in this thread or is it only for people who exemplify the Dunning–Kruger effect?

whats that

Jimjam
04-15-2020, 02:14 AM

And thanks to the xp penalty they get a longer journey meaning more fun to be had bedote the toon ‘dies’.

Swish
04-15-2020, 03:33 AM
And thanks to the xp penalty they get a longer journey meaning more fun to be had bedote the toon ‘dies’.

Exactly, think of it as a bonus <3

Mblake81
04-15-2020, 09:16 AM
Exactly, think of it as a bonus <3

The point of the game is raiding, the leveling is just annoyance that gets in the way. Log on for 10, fat pixels, log off.

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 09:20 AM
The point of the game is raiding, the leveling is just annoyance that gets in the way. Log on for 10, fat pixels, log off.

Any class can hit lvl 50 in a matter of days with the support of a powerful cabal of druids, bards, and necros.

just saying ;)

Toothed
04-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Get back to us with your hybrid basing after you beat the game k thankx

Gustoo
04-15-2020, 12:12 PM
Even without a cabal, 1 druid pal can get any class to lvl 40 in like, yeah one day in unrest.

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 12:15 PM
honestly the real place where the hybrid grind gets felt is at 52+ in kunark but if you are not a raider, ogre, troll, or iksar, it really ain't that bad lol

kaizersoze
04-15-2020, 12:32 PM
everyone is bad on green. Just play something fun and all be bad together.

Atmas
04-15-2020, 01:52 PM
whats that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

I'm basically poking fun at people who think they have it all figured out but are too ignorant to see their own incompetence.

As a person who played in guilds that dominated this server from Kunark to Velious I can tell you successful guilds made significant use of hybrids.

Hybrids have a penalty but if you think that a warrior is the best group tank you've been embroiled in sub-par playing.

Warriors make sense for main tanks because defensive is beneficial in a lot of raid encounters. However, it is really only essential in way fewer encounters than people think. There are a ton of situations where a hybrid is more useful, particularly in clearing or taking advantage of other utility to enhance more efficient tactics. There are a bunch of people here who will never do a sub 60 AoW kill or always be rezzing people in HoT because of 1 dimensional thinking.

If you wan to do Fear with no bard, sure that is doable but don't go spouting dumbness about that somehow being overall more efficient.

Also, lawl at people who can't do math and don't know that an iksar monk is a bigger penalty than a lot of hybrids.

Jimjam
04-15-2020, 02:01 PM
honestly the real place where the hybrid grind gets felt is at 52+ in kunark but if you are not a raider, ogre, troll, or iksar, it really ain't that bad lol

But at 52+ there is no grind. Sure, there is more power ahead, but at this point you can participate in pretty much any adventure on the server.

Endonde
04-15-2020, 02:02 PM
As a person who played in guilds that dominated this server from Kunark to Velious I can tell you successful guilds made significant use of hybrids.

Yea Rampage had some great Shadowknights that we used frequently, it's a shame we didn't have any good paladins.

Ripqozko
04-15-2020, 02:11 PM
Yea Rampage had some great Shadowknights that we used frequently, it's a shame we didn't have any good paladins.

Vonhammer had a great accent.

Atmas
04-15-2020, 02:24 PM

Well you can't win em all. We also had a rogue who couldn't do good deeps with a pre-nerf Massvie Heartwood Thorn.

rewinder47
04-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Hybrids ruinin' mah spreadsheets

Mah optimal gameplay

YendorLootmonkey
04-16-2020, 08:21 AM
Don't forget when Sky opens and those darned bees are beaten (I don't want to underestimate the neck beards, but is that even possible in rusty planar gear at 50?!) you'll be eating the DT of the sisters!

The jokes on you, because I will have already been deleveled down to 45 from eating the DTs from Keeper of Souls and Spiroc Lord to make it that far.

Tinkly
04-18-2020, 10:22 AM
Just met a Paladin who was role playing a ‘holy archer’. He’d refuse to tank, and only do range DPS.

The mind boggles!

Nilstoniakrath
04-18-2020, 12:37 PM
If you want to play a hybrid class play Blue,
Where they've been buffed at the end of velious.

Hybrid's dps is bad
Hybrid's exp penalty is bad
Hybrids are not required for any content

If you show up at a raid as a hybrid you're telling everyone else they're time is worth less than your time. Roll a cleric or a rogue if you want to contribute to a raid.

The Hybrid EXP Penalty while hottly debated is making group's members level slower. Warriors with the right weapons and dex can hold agro. Any justification for hybrids being good in groups is compensation for how they ultimately drag the group down.

The hybrids class from classic till the end of velious is not required for any content.

So be mad or sad because you rolled a bad class that has a detrimental effect on the community. Hybrids are bad when the raid wiped because 10 hybrids showed up instead of clerics/rogues. Hybrids are bad when you made your group take hours longer grinding instead of leveling up.

TL/DR - Hybrids are bad on green if you want to play a hybrid go play it on blue.

Show us on the doll, where did the hybrid touch you?

And maybe buy some ointment for that butthurt.

Tnair
04-18-2020, 01:02 PM
Hybrids hold aggro... I love grouping with Pal/SK tanks rather than most warrior tanks.

Playing a rogue 1-50, this is completely true for me. Warriors can't hold aggro without twink procs/deeps, or careful management on my part. Paladin or SK can hold aggro all day and emergency CC too. Rather a paladin or sk than warrior in non-endgame-raid setting any day.

having fun
So...bashing others' game because it's not numerically optimal...is how *you* have fun I guess?? Maybe I assumed incorrectly that your tone was judgemental. From the stats, yes, hybrids are bad. I do hope noone is here after twenty years still trying to be The Best, though.

Just met a Paladin who was role playing a ‘holy archer’. He’d refuse to tank, and only do range DPS.

This guy knows how to play EQ.

MasterCS
04-18-2020, 05:01 PM
whats that

In a nut shell, stupid people thinking they’re smart or overestimating their ability. In terms of the OP’s post, play what you want people. If it’s fun to you, play it. You don’t need anyone’s permission.

Baler
04-18-2020, 05:31 PM
This thread's still going?

ChooChoo Train
04-18-2020, 06:38 PM
Bards are hybrids and super efficient soloers, great in groups and a huge benefit to raids.
Plus we level as fast if not faster than pretty much all other classes if you know what you are doing even without swarm kiting once you get to lvl 27.

Nilstoniakrath
04-18-2020, 10:12 PM
This thread's still going?

Quantify being able to snare fear root while sow-ing yourself. Of course you can't you ignorant F

Of course you can't retard, because you are too busy min maxing calculations and ignoring game tactics

So keep on inviting only ogre SKs Iksar Monks/Necros and Halfling Druids, any one else is a selfish bastard not able to calculate formulas as good as you you stupid F

Much better to play with someone who knows the game rather than a buttmuching wannabe

Jimjam
04-19-2020, 02:41 AM
Playing a rogue 1-50, this is completely true for me. Warriors can't hold aggro without twink procs/deeps, or careful management on my part. Paladin or SK can hold aggro all day and emergency CC too. Rather a paladin or sk than warrior in non-endgame-raid setting any day.This is a failure on the part of the support classes not helping the warrior with root.

Root, slow, taunt: aggro locked down.

Lampolo
04-19-2020, 03:33 AM
Playing a rogue 1-50, this is completely true for me. Warriors can't hold aggro without twink procs/deeps, or careful management on my part. Paladin or SK can hold aggro all day and emergency CC too. Rather a paladin or sk than warrior in non-endgame-raid setting any day.

Clerics will have more mana with a warrior and a warrior has better dps. Those are more important for xp then you getting an extra backstab or two

kaev
04-19-2020, 03:42 AM
Paladin or SK (or Ranger until doing 51+ content) tank can make a bad group adequate and an adequate group good. But an excellent group of 5+ will achieve peak performance with a Warrior (hate to admit it, but true). Small group (4 or fewer) hybrid tank is the winner all day every day.

So hybrids on green are magnificent atm, if well played.

Baler, otoh, is an excellent solo troll, as many of the replies to this thread demonstrate.

Quylein
04-19-2020, 04:40 AM
Clerics will have more mana with a warrior and a warrior has better dps. Those are more important for xp then you getting an extra backstab or two

So far in my experience on Green this is not the case at all. Every warrior Needs Root and I seem to have to heal the DPS melee way more then if I just chill back and CH on my Paly or SK. Many of the warriors thus far I've been with it's their main and no crazy dual wields for aggro gen, unless you can get these Wow kids from aggroing as soon as the mob is in camp.

Now if your talking raid geared twink warriors in the optimal settings sure. That shit exists on paper here in green for the most part. I'm sure there are some twink warriors but I'd still rather be healing SK/PAL/Rang anyday. That isn't to say I'd not group with warriors because I'm not an asshat and don't care about xp and cray heals as much as I do about the adventure.

Swish
04-19-2020, 04:47 AM
Agreed. Spray aggro and people not managing their aggro properly (nukers/rogues who can't get a successful evade and wont walk out of melee range/etc) means more mana drain.

A SK or paladin holds it together better, but at this point at a cost to XP <3

danansomehandsom
04-19-2020, 08:48 AM
Quantify being able to snare fear root while sow-ing yourself. Of course you can't you ignorant F

Of course you can't retard, because you are too busy min maxing calculations and ignoring game tactics

So keep on inviting only ogre SKs Iksar Monks/Necros and Halfling Druids, any one else is a selfish bastard not able to calculate formulas as good as you you stupid F

Much better to play with someone who knows the game rather than a buttmuching wannabe

Well said, Nilstonaikrath. Thank you.

Lostfaction
04-19-2020, 09:10 AM
big nerf to warrior pras the knights

magnetaress
04-19-2020, 09:30 AM
IM if u roll a warrior please pick an appriopriate name like 'Cantagro Myknees'

Baler
04-19-2020, 10:06 AM

https://i.imgur.com/cS4YUwB.gif

Geomance22
04-19-2020, 10:08 AM
rangers are worth it if you have a warrior tank, ill root every single mob and trust me the rogues LOVE IT

Atmas
04-19-2020, 11:14 AM

The damage mitigation that warriors have over knights is generally not as significant as the mana you save over not healing non-tanking classes that get agro. A knight can also split pulls with FD, root/calm. So they aren't going to be getting beat up by multiple mobs as much.

In any case I'm not advocating not grouping with anyone who can play their class.

Lampolo
04-19-2020, 11:19 AM
Paladin or SK (or Ranger until doing 51+ content) tank can make a bad group adequate and an adequate group good. But an excellent group of 5+ will achieve peak performance with a Warrior (hate to admit it, but true). Small group (4 or fewer) hybrid tank is the winner all day every day.

So hybrids on green are magnificent atm, if well played.

Baler, otoh, is an excellent solo troll, as many of the replies to this thread demonstrate.

My fav thing to do is small groups. I have mained a chanter, cleric and monk. Warriors are the best for ench/cler/tank trio unless you need splits then its monk of course. Sounds like you have some pally or sk main and are being biased and not actually speaking from xp.

Ennewi
04-19-2020, 12:32 PM
My fav thing to do is small groups. I have mained a chanter, cleric and monk. Warriors are the best for ench/cler/tank trio unless you need splits then its monk of course. Sounds like you have some pally or sk main and are being biased and not actually speaking from xp.

Knights are better for duos, such as shd with shm or rog and pal with nec, enc, or rog. Deepwater BP is underrated. Trios have more control and flexibility, making knight spells less needed.

Lampolo
04-19-2020, 01:48 PM
Those duo and trio combos you mention are all worse then more ideal combos without hybrids and that is the point. Mnk/shm is better then sk/shm ect...

Ennewi
04-19-2020, 02:25 PM
Those duo and trio combos you mention are all worse then more ideal combos without hybrids and that is the point. Mnk/shm is better then sk/shm ect...

Figured clr/enc would have been used as the first example, but now that's not 100% correct either since the SoulFire change. Again, Deepwater Breastplate is underrated.

Shd can split multiple casters in dungeons better, casting fear out of aggro range, then snaring one of the adds and feigning, plus runes and lifetaps to counter damage spikes. Shd can stack dots along with shm if the target is particularly hard, and snare if root resists/target flees. Shm/shd both have decent pets at 60. Shd can pull a named through the zone aggro-free if all mobs in between are green. Shd can shadow step through locked entrances. Shd can pull with dispels, stripping mob buffs. Mnk needs heals against dmg shields, shd doesn't since already slow swings and has lifetap procs. With epic, heals are needed less especially once slow lands, freeing up the shm to load on more dots. Lvl 9 shd pet eats harm touches, shm could do the same with monk but then shm is pulling instead of canni dancing. Shd has IVU which eases movements in zones like the Hole and Lower Guk, etc.

Lampolo
04-19-2020, 09:21 PM
Its been a while since I have farmed any plat camps but I don't remember SK's being involved much after invis pull got nerfed. All that stuff sounds fancy but I don't think it equals more xp or big plat drops. The dps from a monk out weighs all that stuff

Tethler
04-19-2020, 10:06 PM
Lol Baler, you reeled in quite a few with this one.

Lampolo
04-19-2020, 10:08 PM
You should reel in a 60

Tethler
04-19-2020, 10:49 PM
You should reel in a 60

Can't get 60 yet on green. Thanks for the advice though!

Baler
04-20-2020, 01:25 AM
I don't hate hybrids by the way. Some people seem to think I hate hybrids and this can't be further from the truth. I just think they're bad on green. :D

kaev
04-20-2020, 02:24 AM
Hybrids are OP on green as they were on live, lol. But hey nice try with the troll, thread ain't dead yet

Arteker
06-18-2020, 10:49 PM

Rampage had best paladins on the form vonhammer, opmeter, and king the fucking admiral naxi.

sks sucked hard if u dont count the fucking boss Brut. wich should be worshiped as a ogre god .

Wallicker
06-18-2020, 11:05 PM
Best fun on Bard on green in simple steps:
1. /role
2. Equip https://wiki.project1999.com/Dwarven_Two-Handed_Axe
3. /ooc super aggro war LFG.
4. See how long you can go before people realize you bard but don’t care bc aggro so gud with slow/snare.

Trexller
06-18-2020, 11:16 PM
Snap Agro

That is all.

Bardp1999
06-19-2020, 12:17 AM
Ranger track is needed to keep the raid pixels flowing, Druid and Bard track doesn't cut it

DMN
06-19-2020, 12:22 AM
Hybrids were in a really good place at launch. But they just kept buffing warriors non-stop up through kunark and didn't do jack shit about the exp penalty.

Crits
rampage
crippling blows
50+ stat caps
improved combat tables
even more and better 1 handed weapon options relative to 2 hand
and of course the 500 pound cherry on top: disciplines

For raiding they indirectly nerfed paladins with the the manastone nerf as many raid forces would have classes like paladins( and druids/rangers) healing clerics and others while they stoned down their health.

For raiding/general play FD nerf directly fucked over SKs. But they could still be useful for pulling.

That said for most of vanilla/kunark virtually no one knew/used clickies for instant aggro on warriors to ameliorate their one main weakness.

Baler
06-19-2020, 02:32 AM
ay-yo who neco'd this terrible thread. OP should be ashamed.

Dolalin
06-19-2020, 03:46 AM

I feel like, yeah, it helps a lot, but a human monk with a fungi is mostly going to keep up.

kjs86z
06-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Snap Agro

That is all.

root

that is all

Jibartik
06-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Best class in the game is a full brown plate wearing flaming sword wielding dark-elf end of story.

Donkey Hotay
06-19-2020, 03:33 PM

Don't forget the part where you now log that 50 in a VM on a VPN and alt-tab camp a twenty-minute spawn for RMT rent money.
You know, the thing that every other raider on these boxes does and pretends they're not multiboxing.

Nirgon
06-19-2020, 04:11 PM
I have access to multiple guised paladins with soulfires

Loadsamoney
06-19-2020, 04:25 PM
If I start a Ranger on green and don't get groups because I'm a hybrid with an exp penalty, people will be sorry.

PieOats
06-19-2020, 04:49 PM
Don't forget the part where you now log that 50 in a VM on a VPN and alt-tab camp a twenty-minute spawn for RMT rent money.
You know, the thing that every other raider on these boxes does and pretends they're not multiboxing.

Oddly specific assertions, forum friend. Allow me to remind fellow forum-goers that RULE-BREAKERS are *not welcome* on the Project 1999 ™.

*eyes the Donkey Hotay suspiciously from a socially sanctioned six-foot distance*

Jibartik
06-19-2020, 05:39 PM

But with full brown plate? I have yet to see that, but I havnet looked too hard, but would like to if you could get me a SS :p

Donkey Hotay
06-19-2020, 08:12 PM
Oddly specific assertions, forum friend. Allow me to remind fellow forum-goers that RULE-BREAKERS are *not welcome* on the Project 1999 ™.

*eyes the Donkey Hotay suspiciously from a socially sanctioned six-foot distance*

Maybe take up gifs or memes or something because your preferred shtick wasn't worth getting unbanned.

Trexller
06-19-2020, 09:47 PM
root

that is all

nope.

My SK can snap agro peel off a chanter that mezzed 1 mob 5 times, or a cleric who just cast group heal on a 6 mob pull.

I can at anytime, at will, peel agro off of a 50 war w/ 2 yaks.

Oh i also have a PBAE agro spell, for that AE Snap Agro

Meanwhile, you are gaining root agro, its breaking, warriors watching netflix on the other monitor dont realize the mob is rooted and they do not stand close.

But I got agro. You don't.

Loadsamoney
06-20-2020, 12:05 AM
nope.

My SK can snap agro peel off a chanter that mezzed 1 mob 5 times, or a cleric who just cast group heal on a 6 mob pull.

I can at anytime, at will, peel agro off of a 50 war w/ 2 yaks.

Oh i also have a PBAE agro spell, for that AE Snap Agro

Meanwhile, you are gaining root agro, its breaking, warriors watching netflix on the other monitor dont realize the mob is rooted and they do not stand close.

But I got agro. You don't.

Yup. SK can Shadow Vortex or Disease Cloud. Paladin can Flash of Light or Stun. Ranger can Flame Lick or Immolate. All of these are going to generate huge snap aggro that a Warrior is going to have a hard time matching until they can start proccing weapons.

reznor_
06-20-2020, 04:50 AM

Does your apartment also smell of rich mahogany?

Wallicker
06-20-2020, 10:39 AM
I don’t actually own any guised paladins with soulfires

Fixed.

fastboy21
06-20-2020, 10:55 AM
The real plague on green is crappy players. Class doesn't matter if you're an idiot, afk, or just bad.

stewe
06-20-2020, 11:13 PM
OP and others are just mad cause Hybrids have no problem finding a group, anytime i LFG as a pally i get a group almost instantly every time, smart ppl know hybrids are the best group tanks even with the exp penalty and right now warriors are garbage, they dont even get good til they get their disc, back in actual classic pallies and sk were the main tanks for dragons etc, wars are nothing without discs

shuklak
06-21-2020, 01:41 AM
OP and others are just mad cause Hybrids have no problem finding a group, anytime i LFG as a pally i get a group almost instantly every time, smart ppl know hybrids are the best group tanks even with the exp penalty and right now warriors are garbage, they dont even get good til they get their disc, back in actual classic pallies and sk were the main tanks for dragons etc, wars are nothing without discs
Any hybrid tank over warrior all day long. Rather leave that slot empty until one of the thousand hybrids advertise.

Loadsamoney
06-21-2020, 01:43 AM

They don't even need a lot of gear for it either. A decent budget two-hander, a suit of Banded and two HP rings and they're easily group worthy for tanking.

Hell, once Kunark comes along, they get Baton of Faith and Deathbringer's Rod respectively, two excellent 2-handers for the Pally and SK with 0.75 ratios, and dirt cheap to boot.

White_knight
06-21-2020, 04:16 AM
People crunch the meta game EQ numbers but forget the variable called "fun".

That's how we end up with excel spread sheet and dps parsing in a 20 year old emulated eq server that everyone knows how it starts and ends.

God forbid someone plays a class they enjoy - this isnt speed run MC runs in classic wow.

White_knight
06-21-2020, 04:17 AM
Just because you press backstab on a rogue doesn't make you better than someone spaming disease cloud on a darkelf female shadowknight with 67 str.

Nirgon
06-21-2020, 12:35 PM
15+ CH charges and counting.

strongNpretty
06-22-2020, 11:36 AM
Who the fuck cares? Play the game we all enjoy playing, for whatever reason you might have. A post instructing folks to not play certain classes, ridiculous...

Bardp1999
06-22-2020, 12:09 PM
People crunch the meta game EQ numbers but forget the variable called "fun".

That's how we end up with excel spread sheet and dps parsing in a 20 year old emulated eq server that everyone knows how it starts and ends.

God forbid someone plays a class they enjoy - this isnt speed run MC runs in classic wow.

From what I learned in my time on the Blue raid in no particular order

1) Rogues are the only class capable of doing damage
2) If you are not playing a warrior or cleric then you don't value other peoples time and should be killed IRL
3) The thrill of camping a mob for 17 hours straight can only be topped by the thrill of crushing your competition, therefore sharing and cooperation are not prohibited
4) A raid pull is a failure unless it comes to the zoneline completely solo within 30 seconds of spawning
5) Raiders are making plays and doing things that matter in game

Cecily
06-22-2020, 12:17 PM
I'm sensing irony but not really.

Dural_Levant
06-22-2020, 03:11 PM
This thread has yielded some interesting information concerning Warriors and holding aggro.

My friend and I have been playing very casually (we can only manage to log on a few times a week for a few hours) on P99 since May. We usually duo, but occasionally form teams. I’ve been playing a Druid and he a Warrior; we at around level 19.

Recently, and on more than one occasion, he has expressed concern that he’s been playing his warrior poorly because he often has trouble keeping aggro. He’s good about using taunt, kick and shield bash every time they are up; he is not a lazy or “AFK-ish” player.

I think he will be relieved to know that his experience with Warrior is common. That the issue is with the class, not the player.

That said, can I help him out by laying down “Grasping Roots” after my DoT, then pull away from melee range for a moment so he can re-establish aggro?

Fammaden
06-22-2020, 03:17 PM
I totally agree that hybids on green are total shit.

Signed - a warrior LFG

Fammaden
06-22-2020, 03:20 PM
This thread has yielded some interesting information concerning Warriors and holding aggro.

My friend and I have been playing very casually (we can only manage to log on a few times a week for a few hours) on P99 since May. We usually duo, but occasionally form teams. I’ve been playing a Druid and he a Warrior; we at around level 19.

Recently, and on more than one occasion, he has expressed concern that he’s been playing his warrior poorly because he often has trouble keeping aggro. He’s good about using taunt, kick and shield bash every time they are up; he is not a lazy or “AFK-ish” player.

I think he will be relieved to know that his experience with Warrior is common. That the issue is with the class, not the player.

That said, can I help him out by laying down “Grasping Roots” after my DoT, then pull away from melee range for a moment so he can re-establish aggro?

Taunt shouldn't be used every time its up, its for when you don't have aggro, if the mob turns to another player then you use taunt for a chance to grab it back. Taunt won't work on mobs higher level than the player so if you are fighting yellows/reds then there's no need to use it.

You can force aggro on him with root, yes. A rooted mob will attack whichever player is physically closest to him, multiple players can be in melee range and the rooted mob will attack the tank if he is closest to the mob.

maskedmelon
06-22-2020, 03:25 PM

Rooting mobs will be immensely helpful for him to maintain aggro as the two of you level. If you are in our door zones however, you would both be better served by snaring the mobs and having him follow it like a pet so that you need not heal him. If you choose not to kite either out of preference or necessity, he should only use taunt when he loses aggro. Taunt works by moving the user to 1 point higher than whoever is at the top of the aggro list. If your friend already has aggro, it is not useful to taunt and is actually detrimental in the event that he loses aggro and taunt has not refreshed. I hope this helps and good luck! ^^

Arteker
06-22-2020, 08:46 PM
Taunt shouldn't be used every time its up, its for when you don't have aggro, if the mob turns to another player then you use taunt for a chance to grab it back. Taunt won't work on mobs higher level than the player so if you are fighting yellows/reds then there's no need to use it.

You can force aggro on him with root, yes. A rooted mob will attack whichever player is physically closest to him, multiple players can be in melee range and the rooted mob will attack the tank if he is closest to the mob.

he is doing it totaly wrong, with that set up the way to go would be druid pull with snare and drop few flame licks and while kite warrior should do dmg

Arteker
06-22-2020, 08:54 PM
people are nobs or blinded by nostalgia , hybrids and special paladins were the best grp xp tanks or farm tanks in the game there was some cases in kunark and velious when some mobs would need to have a war tank for safety .
truth to be said pala agro power was unparaleled untill late pop when they ditched the massive stun nerf , but since palas where able to solo po earth xp wasnt any longer a factor.