PDA

View Full Version : Saying "21 year old emulated game" = triggers people, why?

White_knight
04-11-2020, 10:33 PM
How much does this trigger some of you?

Stating a fact that we played, or some of you still do play a 21 year old emulated game shouldn't be a trigger. It's....the truth rofl.

Heck I still hit up DOSBOX and smash some Whacky Wheels on my Mobile.

Let's not be so PC people.

reznor_
04-11-2020, 10:38 PM

Stating a fact that we played, or some of you still do play a 21 year old emulated game shouldn't be a trigger. It's....the truth rofl.

This is a weird, new form of virtue signaling. Given your username, I shouldn't be surprised.

magnetaress
04-11-2020, 10:42 PM
Because of everquest I don't play txt based muds anymore and i don't play table top games or have friends irl either.

White_knight
04-11-2020, 10:57 PM
This is a weird, new form of virtue signaling. Given your username, I shouldn't be surprised.

You're not one of these people are you? Leftish leaning social reformer?

El-Hefe
04-11-2020, 11:15 PM
This post has so much Edge.

https://i.imgur.com/dUUUfTB.gif

indiscriminate_hater
04-12-2020, 12:21 AM
28-yo elf sim dummy

magnetaress
04-12-2020, 12:34 AM
How Old is P99 now?

Jauna
04-12-2020, 01:22 AM
Because in the back of your mind you know playing a 21 year old game should not mean much.

But because of inability to move on and taking this game more seriously than it is and already forgetting the first thing I typed, people get mad.

But the actual mods and stuff know that these flashes of anger pass the next day or so and the cycle repeats itself

magnetaress
04-12-2020, 01:29 AM
Because in the back of your mind you know playing a 21 year old game should not mean much.

But because of inability to move on and taking this game more seriously than it is and already forgetting the first thing I typed, people get mad.

But the actual mods and stuff know that these flashes of anger pass the next day or so and the cycle repeats itself

i think its actually good for people to get it out of their system, better here then road rage

Peppykorn
04-12-2020, 01:34 AM
It is more due to it being a cliche rather than being offended by it.
It screams 'Hey me too! Am I funny?'

magnetaress
04-12-2020, 01:35 AM
It's tru tho. Elf sims are the future, and the past.

Izmael
04-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Always find funny when someone here says "blah blah you're taking this XX old years elf sim seriously", while having 5k+ posts themselves (and who knows how many on gimmick accounts or RnF).

Basically when someone uses this line, it means they have nothing to say but like to post.

Jimjam
04-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Always find funny when someone here says "blah blah you're taking this XX old years elf sim seriously", while having 5k+ posts themselves (and who knows how many on gimmick accounts or RnF).

Basically when someone uses this line, it means they have nothing to say but like to post.

You’re reading too much into the postings on a 21 year old elf sim, mate.

solleks
04-12-2020, 09:18 AM
Doesn't trigger me , it's exciting

Bardp1999
04-12-2020, 09:23 AM
OP is a rich young doctor (((cuck)))

magnetaress
04-12-2020, 09:30 AM
OP is a rich young doctor (((cuck)))

Lol

OP is kinda angry they just don't know how to effectively communicate tho almost has a point.

Also my life suggestion is to be the one cucking, not being cucked. Nothing wrong with having some good sides with ur main course.

Thomacles
04-12-2020, 09:58 AM
I've always wondered about this myself.

You never hear about any o this kind of talk if 2 people play chess...

"HA HA! You are playing a 1500 year old game!!"

What difference does the age of a game make anyway? You either enjoy a game or not.

I never played AC or UO. But I certainly would like to try if I had the chance.

magnetaress
04-12-2020, 10:11 AM
I have been playing chess for OVER 20 yrs. Son.

https://i.imgur.com/OUIEq0y.png

YOUR MOVE.

Thomacles
04-12-2020, 10:20 AM
I've been playing for 45 years...

Lemme know when you catch up and then get back to me.

mishurza
04-12-2020, 10:31 AM
we need to take EQ out drinking, now that it's legal. too bad all the bars are close we'll just have to stay home and drink with it.... oh wait

Asher
04-12-2020, 12:47 PM

What does the age of a game have to do with people being upset?
Is it OK to be upset in a game that is new but never when it is old?

Perhaps it is dealing with idiots that believe this fallacy that upsets them?
Perhaps it is hearing the fallacy over and over again that upsets them?

Canelek
04-12-2020, 03:34 PM
People shame projecting playing a 20+ year old elf sim while windowed-out of the same game in the midst of arguing with some asshole gnome about a stationary group of ogres in a half-completed zone inside of a 21 year old elf sim.

loramin
04-12-2020, 03:55 PM
I'm old, so I used to play actual Sim- games, like SimFarm or SimCity. In fact, I'm so old that when I say that, I don't mean any of the new-fangled versions like "SimCity 2000": I mean the original SimCity.

https://i.imgur.com/FYo9giV.jpg

I haven't played them in awhile, but even so every once in awhile when I read some post here about "elf sims", instead of thinking of EQ I start to imagine Sim-Elf (like a fantasy version of Sim-City) ...

Sibelia1
04-12-2020, 04:03 PM
over 250000 sold!!

shuklak
04-12-2020, 05:37 PM
It's because it means in part that everything is done and nobody should be as caught up in what's now a casual pastime. If people got passionate about Pantheon (when its new) and "beat" a new game then it's fundamentally different than playing Mario 1 for the 100th time after every guide has been exhausted and cheat revealed.

In short, there's no glory, nothing to conquer, and no pride to be found. So, you don't deserve to show pride and if you do it probably means your list of people to send holiday cards to is very, very short.

Mblake81
04-12-2020, 06:42 PM
over 250000 sold!!

a flop on consoles.

BlackBellamy
04-12-2020, 06:46 PM
This is a game to you people?!

Kohedron
04-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Because people here pretend they don't want instancing but they cry when they don't get 20 year old pixels at their convenience

Mblake81
04-12-2020, 07:00 PM
It's because it means in part that everything is done and nobody should be as caught up in what's now a casual pastime. If people got passionate about Pantheon (when its new) and "beat" a new game then it's fundamentally different than playing Mario 1 for the 100th time after every guide has been exhausted and cheat revealed.

In short, there's no glory, nothing to conquer, and no pride to be found. So, you don't deserve to show pride and if you do it probably means your list of people to send holiday cards to is very, very short.

It's pwning once the first groups went through, did the things to feel prideful about, declared it done then found interest forum pwning people getting their sloppy seconds.

That is our generation of gamers. Hey, least you guys are not on Reddit crying about people hurting your feelings in games that have no where near the hook original EQ does... because internet anon went out the window for selfies and status updates so this online shit is for really reals.

"Why are they so mean to me in call of duty?"

OuterChimp
04-13-2020, 09:13 AM
All you haters are just mad I have a better Minecraft world than you do....all made on survival mode!

Lojik
04-13-2020, 09:35 AM
6 month old emulated server of a 10 year old emulated server of a 21 year old game

Mblake81
04-13-2020, 09:46 AM
6 month old emulated server of a 10 year old emulated server of a 21 year old game

And still the best mmorpg out there.

"You live a busy lifestyle with work and family, who has time to play a game when they play a game? Our MMORPG lets you buy your armor and epic weaponry, if you pre-order you will get one token to slay any raid boss in the game. You can also instantly post photo mode screenshots of your amazing kills directly to your social media account so all your friends can see what an awesome gamer you truly are. Come join us, we have cookies *string of cute emojis*"

douglas1999
04-13-2020, 12:09 PM
You may only care about what happens in NEW games, duh

Zephire
04-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Sounds like the OP is triggered by people getting triggered.

White_knight
04-14-2020, 06:07 AM

This triggered me.

Mblake81
04-14-2020, 06:55 AM
This triggered me.

Games like this are not coming around again, at least not in a similar way that they did. So people playing chase-the-tail about it is annoying.

The wiki would be built right into the quest menu with an arrow pointing the way.

Mblake81
04-14-2020, 07:00 AM
https://i.imgur.com/tPllxE8.gif

stewe
04-18-2020, 04:19 AM
they get triggered cause they sucked back when everquest was out in the 90's early 2000s and play here to make up for it by acting like they are some uber gamer that can kill a mob that everyone already knows how to kill with items that back in the day more then 98% of the playerbase didnt even know was a thing, aka everyone and their mothers spamming soulfire heals for example. Raiding on p99 is like an adult having a boxing match with a 1 week old baby, the end result is already guaranteed.

beeshma_nameless
04-18-2020, 09:40 AM
they get triggered cause they sucked back when everquest was out in the 90's early 2000s and play here to make up for it by acting like they are some uber gamer that can kill a mob that everyone already knows how to kill with items that back in the day more then 98% of the playerbase didnt even know was a thing, aka everyone and their mothers spamming soulfire heals for example. Raiding on p99 is like an adult having a boxing match with a 1 week old baby, the end result is already guaranteed.

Sadly kinda true - anyone from the top raiding guilds server-wide would most probablynot be going "hardcore" here (or on live TLPs) as, well they were really hardcore when it mattered and content was new and came up with the strats (Which are now all over the net which every "tough hardcore raider" here an on TLPs use.

Sibelia1
04-18-2020, 03:15 PM
300-year-old pyramid scheme emulator