PDA

View Full Version : WAR Dual Wield vs Mithril 2HS DPS Request

ajdes
04-07-2020, 11:41 AM
Curious if anyone has done a parse of how Mithril Two-Handed Sword compares to a decent DW combo like Polished Steel Dirk / Electrum-Bladed Wakizashi?

My intuition says that without a FBSS, a Mithril Two-Handed Sword should be better? Is that true? What about with a FBSS or Swirlspine Belt?

I know that a bunch of calculations exist for blue but I'm having a hard time finding stats specifically for green weapons.

Please let me know if you have any parse numbers or have a formula for how to correctly compute this on green. Thanks

radbeard
04-07-2020, 12:44 PM
well using the formula from the wiki you get this: ((DMG*2)+DMGBONUS)/DLY
the dual wield formula seems a little less certain i think but at lvl 50 I think your offhand attack occurs about 65% of the time and has no bonus damage.

Harder to quantify are considerations like ripostes. You take less riposte damage with a 2hander and also deal more riposte damage.

so at lvl 50 you have these dps "ratings"
mith 2hander: 15.63
with FBSS PSD + EBW: 17.87
w/o haste PSD + EBW: 14.77

attached is a spreadsheet that I made for myself to compare some of these things. Its not super user friendly and i'm not really offering tech support but you can take a look at it if you want. Its possible that its incorrect but I used the best formulas and assumptions I could find.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1keYw9enEdxy9Sr09AxLc5s0pOXFs9x0M29I9KeFDMZI/edit?usp=sharing

damus1
04-07-2020, 03:45 PM
better ripostes with 2h also adds a not-insignificant amount of dmg. I've always been curious which is better as well but I've been too lazy to run parses on my warrior.

Keebz
04-07-2020, 03:56 PM
My calculations show better DPS on the Mith 2h until upper 40's. I am also taking into account dual wield skill, though. Also Mith 2h lets you wear a TBB which is some amount of extra DPS, which I did not factor in. Also Mith 2h give you better ripostes, crippling blows and criticals, which I am also not factoring in.

You'd have to parse under various conditions to be sure, but my bet is on the Mith 2h.

ajdes
04-07-2020, 10:57 PM
Also Mith 2h give you better ripostes, crippling blows and criticals, which I am also not factoring in.

Are crits/cripping blows only with your main hand? If not, it seems like those should balance out regardless of DW or 2H