PDA

View Full Version : Guise cease to drop date

baue1446
04-06-2020, 08:47 AM
The original sticky thread that nilbog posted indicates it would be June 2020 when the Guise/Manastone will stop dropping here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2960116

But the wiki page says may 2020. Here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server

It seems the community all refers to the may date as what is accepted? Is it just really all guessing? Just trying to get an idea how much time is left.

Indecisive
04-06-2020, 10:07 AM
I've been going by the wiki as well, but when I looked at the official post (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333743) when they announced green, it says June 2020. So who knows.

Edit: I must have only read the title and part of your post before I responded, as you mentioned the same announcement post. Sorry about that. But I'm just as confused as you.

Christina.
04-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Just expect May. They are going to take em out early so everyone can shut up about em lol

I'm joking but I'm probably right.

magnetaress
04-06-2020, 10:52 AM
They should honestly just take them out now.

BlackBellamy
04-06-2020, 06:42 PM
The last time this happened Rogean said hi everybody temple of ro is live so go ahead and enjoy that and also legacy items will stop dropping at some point like next two weeks or so.

So that is going to be happening again. Because why not?

Swish
04-06-2020, 07:50 PM
/listing intensifies

Baler
04-06-2020, 08:56 PM
/list
You will be position 293 do you wish to join
yes/no

BlackBellamy
04-07-2020, 08:59 AM
YES

I'm not fucking stupid!

magnetaress
04-08-2020, 09:30 AM
/prelistsforclericsolorodrops

magnetaress
04-08-2020, 09:38 AM
I am pretty sure listing after pixels is a nonconcentual sin.

zaneosak
04-08-2020, 09:01 PM
The original sticky thread that nilbog posted indicates it would be June 2020 when the Guise/Manastone will stop dropping here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2960116

But the wiki page says may 2020. Here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server

It seems the community all refers to the may date as what is accepted? Is it just really all guessing? Just trying to get an idea how much time is left.

Stop using Nilbog's original post, all the dates were estimates and are wrong. They only changed the PoFear date on that post after the fact, scroll to the bottom and look at the edit date by Rogean. Wiki is correct. May 1st Temple of Sol Ro will release.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Stop using Nilbog's original post, all the dates were estimates and are wrong. They only changed the PoFear date on that post after the fact, scroll to the bottom and look at the edit date by Rogean. Wiki is correct. May 1st Temple of Sol Ro will release.

Maybe not exactly on May first. Almost certainly first week of May however.

Yacoby44
04-08-2020, 10:04 PM
Maybe not exactly on May first. Almost certainly first week of May however.

Would it cause a huge problem if Nilbog or Rogean gave the actual date for legacy item removal? It is just making me anxious that I am trying to grind to get to this list camp, but I am not even sure if once I get there I will have enough time even if I do shifts with my sister.

I am estimating approximately 1.5 levels per day if I want to make the deadline while also giving myself at minimum 72 hours to camp it, which isn't even a cushion given the list is only going to get bigger from here.

I really hate to sound like a care bear, but a couple extra weeks on Legacy items would really help out a lot of people inconvenienced by the current events related to the Covid-19 pandemic.

I am not complaining, I just got unlucky because I found out about Green super late, which I know is no fault but my own. At the end of the day, it really is just a cosmetic item. Idk if it would have huge implications on the server health if legacy item removal was slightly delayed.

Either way, something more specific than "May 2020" is the only thing I am trying for. If it is May 1st, and I calculate not making it in time, then I will at least be able to not waste my time playing a character I didn't plan on playing at the moment anyway.

Nilstoniakrath
04-08-2020, 10:36 PM
Good riddance! I can't wait til this trash is removed from the game

Vizax_Xaziv
04-08-2020, 10:50 PM
Imagine being #1 on the list when the server comes down for patching?

Trademaster
04-09-2020, 02:36 PM
I appreciate the /list option over trying to get around a group of jerks monopolizing the drops, but holy crap. Went from 7 to 4 on jboots after 24 hours (so roughly 1 every hours) when my isp crashed, so now I'm back on the list at number 8. IF the drop rate is consistent at 1 every 8 hours, we're talkign 64 hours of no sleep. Why cant the /list option go to like once every couple of hours until you get to #3 on the list and then have to be up for only 30 hours straight instead of 64.

Baler
04-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Do the Jboots in Najena end at the same patch that Guise and Manastone end?
Sorry for asking instead of searching...

Videri
04-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Imagine being #1 on the list when the server comes down for patching?

It gives you enough time to log back in. You don't lose your spot if you log in soon enough.

Videri
04-09-2020, 03:01 PM
Do the Jboots in Najena end at the same patch that Guise and Manastone end?
Sorry for asking instead of searching...

Here's your answer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ).

Baler
04-09-2020, 03:03 PM
Here's your answer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ).

You got me :rolleyes:

Cen
04-09-2020, 03:08 PM
It gives you enough time to log back in. You don't lose your spot if you log in soon enough.

He means for the one that patches out the items! ;D

Videri
04-09-2020, 03:39 PM
He means for the one that patches out the items! ;D

Oh, that patch. Yeah...it's practically guaranteed that someone is #1 on the list when it gets removed. :'(

Izmael
04-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Given that there's 95% probability it will be someone's 28th guised twink, I wouldn't be too sad.

Doktoor
04-09-2020, 04:49 PM
I don't see what the BFD is with most of these things anyways.

Unless you're a large race, the mask is like "who cares." Ok, so a human gets UV - that's something, but worth days at camp? Lighting is not like how it was on live. You can see ok at night on Green.

And the Jboots? Why on earth would anyone camp them for days? I've done like 10 jboots quests across multiple servers and it never took me even close to as long as people are currently waiting. Why not just do the quest? The only reason not to is if your char is a newb (so level and do the quest) or you just can't wait. Either way, an extra 2 weeks on this is no big deal.

I've taken 2 chars to LGuk to get rotting EE bags and the people camping the damn MS aren't even classes that can use it. It's really of dubious benefit to anyone other than clerics and druids anyways. People are camping them for cash.

And Ruby? It's crap except for the BP. It's like wearing the non-stat Kunark armor. People wear it around and then bag it when they need their chars to be as powerful as they can be... The BP is the only worthwhile piece and it's basically antiquated once Kunark comes out.

boukk
04-09-2020, 05:39 PM
I don't see what the BFD is with most of these things anyways.

Unless you're a large race, the mask is like "who cares." Ok, so a human gets UV - that's something, but worth days at camp? Lighting is not like how it was on live. You can see ok at night on Green.

And the Jboots? Why on earth would anyone camp them for days? I've done like 10 jboots quests across multiple servers and it never took me even close to as long as people are currently waiting. Why not just do the quest? The only reason not to is if your char is a newb (so level and do the quest) or you just can't wait. Either way, an extra 2 weeks on this is no big deal.

I've taken 2 chars to LGuk to get rotting EE bags and the people camping the damn MS aren't even classes that can use it. It's really of dubious benefit to anyone other than clerics and druids anyways. People are camping them for cash.

And Ruby? It's crap except for the BP. It's like wearing the non-stat Kunark armor. People wear it around and then bag it when they need their chars to be as powerful as they can be... The BP is the only worthwhile piece and it's basically antiquated once Kunark comes out.

Kunark non stat armor is a pretty nice upgrade for non raiding tanks, otherwise always been about clickies.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-09-2020, 05:47 PM
I meant specifically the patch that removes Legacies lol

Yacoby44
04-09-2020, 08:43 PM
All jokes aside, if anyone currently on the Guise /list could report how long the line is at the moment I would appreciate it.

I know it may be hard to predict given that this is the first time P1999 has been in this situation on Green, but are there any REALISTIC estimates of what the /list line will be like the final week, that would help to keep expectations reasonable.

I really do want to get one as I have never had one before and yes it is for my main. It is a shame that I will probably be competing with 20+ alts of high end guilds, but it is what it is. I guess it is true that the best loot only goes to those willing to put in the most work/time. Sometimes though, you just get unlucky and miss things like the opening of Green.

Congrats to everyone who did already manage to get one though.

bubur
04-09-2020, 09:15 PM
its about 3 fitty

bubur
04-09-2020, 09:17 PM
in all seriousness if you just take friday off, be there at 11 pm thursday, sit there and wait out everyone that goes linkdead and fails. you should get it by saturday. a lot of ppl drop

this does not go for manastone in which you should be prepared for sunday and monday too

if you want it

Cen
04-09-2020, 10:14 PM
All jokes aside, if anyone currently on the Guise /list could report how long the line is at the moment I would appreciate it.

I know it may be hard to predict given that this is the first time P1999 has been in this situation on Green, but are there any REALISTIC estimates of what the /list line will be like the final week, that would help to keep expectations reasonable.

I really do want to get one as I have never had one before and yes it is for my main. It is a shame that I will probably be competing with 20+ alts of high end guilds, but it is what it is. I guess it is true that the best loot only goes to those willing to put in the most work/time. Sometimes though, you just get unlucky and miss things like the opening of Green.

Congrats to everyone who did already manage to get one though.

Thursday at 10PM. https://i.imgur.com/m2iSQuf.png
That's not too bad for lately. You'll wait about 25-30 hours on average for that.

Yacoby44
04-09-2020, 10:28 PM
That's not too bad for lately. You'll wait about 25-30 hours on average for that.

Wait, seriously? Maybe this is actually doable. Barring the line getting over 4 days long, I should be able to make it in time according to my calculations, but it may still possibly be out of reach.

What do you guys think? I have a duo partner with nothing but time willing to do 12 hour shifts with me. Will hitting level 35 by the 26th of March be sufficient, or is a clown car of 30 people gonna pull up out of nowhere by then?

This is an OMEGALUL and a half right here boys. Oh, the joys of being a greasy Classic EQ player. :rolleyes:

Doktoor
04-10-2020, 01:25 AM
Kunark non stat armor is a pretty nice upgrade for non raiding tanks, otherwise always been about clickies.

This is absolutely true and I meant to put that clause in. Still, you can take the item out of a bag, equip it, click it, and put it back. Most classes don't have more than 1 piece that is clicked so often that it needs to stay on.

Bristlebaner
04-10-2020, 09:40 AM
Wait, seriously? Maybe this is actually doable. Barring the line getting over 4 days long, I should be able to make it in time according to my calculations, but it may still possibly be out of reach.

What do you guys think? I have a duo partner with nothing but time willing to do 12 hour shifts with me. Will hitting level 35 by the 26th of March be sufficient, or is a clown car of 30 people gonna pull up out of nowhere by then?

This is an OMEGALUL and a half right here boys. Oh, the joys of being a greasy Classic EQ player. :rolleyes:

I'd just make a dark elf.

Trademaster
04-10-2020, 10:39 AM
So with j boots drop down to one pair a day, could we maybe get the list check time adjusts to like once an hour or something? Even being third on the list puts your lack of sleep at 72 hours.

BlackBellamy
04-10-2020, 10:42 AM
My list experience for JBoots this week:

5:30am - join list at #5

9am - afk check failure, now #4

12noon - distance check failure, now #3

3pm - afk check failure, now #2

5pm - time out failure, now #1

9pm boots drop

kjs86z
04-10-2020, 10:45 AM

9pm boots drop

Yikes. Consider Blue the full service MQ is like 3k plat.

ldgo86
04-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Yikes. Consider Blue the full service MQ is like 3k plat.

Even on Green, I’d way rather camp AC later than /list now. Or even buy it later when you could farm plat to buy the MQ. People are crazy!

Zephire
04-10-2020, 02:54 PM
Even on Green, I’d way rather camp AC later than /list now. Or even buy it later when you could farm plat to buy the MQ. People are crazy!

Meh, my jboot camp lasted just under 9 hours.

All luck of the draw

sajbert
04-10-2020, 09:40 PM
So with j boots drop down to one pair a day, could we maybe get the list check time adjusts to like once an hour or something? Even being third on the list puts your lack of sleep at 72 hours.
Yeah this is no joke.

I went camping Jboots. Joined at 8, after one hour 2 ppl dropped so went down to 6. When the first pair drops some 16 hours into my camp the nr 1 slot had already waited for 23 hours for a drop (think 35+ hours total). Then I never saw any more drops. I went to bed after 20 hour camping realizing that even with people dropping I wouldn't get a pair in 35+ hours even. Went to bed, came back, still no more drops.

I dunno if it's bad RNG, if the drop rate is supposed to be this bad or what's going on. It's just bad, that's all.

sajbert
04-10-2020, 09:43 PM

9pm boots drop

This is basically what happens other than streaky lucky drop fiestas. People are dropping, not the boots. It's just luck whoever happens to time it, alternatively whoever has a friend to help play their account whilst they sleep.

Why not just /Random 100 the shit then?

Velerin
04-10-2020, 11:18 PM
After 3 stints of 17+ hours before I finally got my boots (had to drop 2x at #2 due to RL) the average drop rate is about 3-4 hrs. I’ve seen 3 in a row and nothing for 12 hours. She’s about a 50% pop rate and drops boots about 20-25% of the time. When I finally got it, it took 18 hr, starting at 8, 1 person dropped, 7 boots. Make sure you got 24 hours to do it, start early am EST for best start, and don’t be afraid to bail if you get a bad streak and are 16 hours in and still #6 before you’re 24 hours in and #3 and too committed to leave.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-11-2020, 12:55 AM
Meh, my jboot camp lasted just under 9 hours.

All luck of the draw

How long ago did u list for them though? 9 hours is less than half of shortest time I've seen reported....

Aties
04-11-2020, 10:38 AM
I'll share my records, rates on the Wiki seem fairly consistent with what I saw.

Journeyman's Boots - 3/13/2020

P(Drelzna) = 40.09% (18/44)
P(Boots|Drelzna) = 33.33% (6/18)
P(Boots on the next pop) = 13.63% (6/44)

Total Duration - 13:53:01
Hours per Boot - 2:18:50
Source (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tn8StqVy9XtEd4N6QD65lbstsZ2ct3osvZe_tpTFJXM/edit?usp=sharing)

Guise of the Deceiver - 3/31/2020

P(Assassin) = 25% (8/32)
P(Guise|Assassin) = 87.5% (7/8)
P(Guise on the next pop) = 21.875% (7/32)

Total Duration - 15:09:55
Hours per Guise - 2:09:59
Source (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rEnx0NsqPn6HUfPFR3aCJGDuxBLs0PMT5DgoTL0CfD4/edit?usp=sharing)

Couple of tips:

Bring booze to work on Alcohol Tolerance
Have the top 6 people in the list be in the same group
If you do not participate you may be booted from the list

Quote from GM/Guide Medris:
Just to make sure the policy IS clear - if you are on a list, you need to be participating - ESPECIALLY as you get to the top few spots on the list (although ideally the whole list is helping)

Cen
04-11-2020, 01:17 PM
I'll share my records, rates on the Wiki seem fairly consistent with what I saw.

Journeyman's Boots - 3/13/2020

Guise of the Deceiver - 3/31/2020

Couple of tips:

Bring booze to work on Alcohol Tolerance
Have the top 6 people in the list be in the same group
If you do not participate you may be booted from the list

Quote from GM/Guide Medris:

Nice above curve results on your guise compared to the 16% probability. I attempted guise a few days before you and it was unfortunate, I had to quit at number 1 after about 30 hours because I had the unfortunate situation of being the high number on a 10 hour dry streak. If I do try again, which I probably won't, ill drop if there's bad luck from the getgo, since it means ill be dying even if things go well after that.

Yacoby44
04-14-2020, 01:11 AM
Am I fucking hallucinating or does this link say June 2020 with May crossed out for Legacy item removal? Guys? Guise???

http://i.imgur.com/YnbWzEo.png (https://imgur.com/YnbWzEo)

Menenolly
04-14-2020, 02:52 AM
I started my guise camp on Saturday at 10pm and got it on Monday at 2am. I started the list at #8 and was #2 after approx. 12 hours. One person below me wasn't paying attention and got agro by being too close to the ladder and died, then died a second time spending too much time away from the camp. Another person failed when their internet went out. He came back much later (with better luck I hope). The person who won the final guise in the first 12 hours camped out with out clicking the mask which doomed the rest of us to a 14hr ish dry spell. The shaman at #1 had at least a 40 hour wait to get his mask (shiver). I then got my mask 2 hours later so 28 hours total.
What I noticed at the guise camp, if any are curious, is that you don't need a stack of IVU potions. You just need enough to get to the camp and when you leave. You'll be hanging out up the ladder in the room killing 3 mobs every 28 minutes unless you pull more from below. The six lowest on the list will be in a group and they will be active most of the time. When #1 get his/her/they/it's mask the new #6 will get invited to the group. Those not in the group can be active or not, doesn't really matter but it does get the mobs deader faster when they do help. I chose to be active all 28 hours except for a 20 minute break at the 23 hour mark. That 10 minute popup is annoying by the way. There will be plenty of Supplier bags dropping with some daggers as well thrown in by the not-so-helpful Assassin but don't expect to see a thick banded belt drop. And don't bring a abu box with you I saw I think 4 drop there. I met some nice peeps there which helped a bunch along with plenty of caffeine drinks and a marathon of bad Rifftrax movies.

Goodluck on your attempt. Also running into the wall just before Assassin spawns and turning around in barrels seemed to help.

baue1446
04-15-2020, 03:03 PM
I was on the first list with Frog and fell asleep after 17 hours was at position 3(i know weak sauce) But im glad i did because for me to get my mask it would of taken me 19 hours more to get it in that list. So then i joined on Monday at 3am and got it after 19 hours. Which is pretty close to even as far as total time. But 40+ hours straight compared to two 17-19 hour is a MUCH different camp.

This weekends crew got 2 HUGE droughts of 15+ hours between drops. The one on monday never had more than a 3 hour drought. So it went pretty quick.

magnetaress
04-15-2020, 03:20 PM
ya guk be like that dont ever expect a drop to happen 25 % of the time it will maybe happen 25% of the time lol

White_knight
04-15-2020, 03:36 PM

LOL

White_knight
04-15-2020, 03:38 PM
I was on the first list with Frog and fell asleep after 17 hours was at position 3(i know weak sauce) But im glad i did because for me to get my mask it would of taken me 19 hours more to get it in that list. So then i joined on Monday at 3am and got it after 19 hours. Which is pretty close to even as far as total time. But 40+ hours straight compared to two 17-19 hour is a MUCH different camp.

This weekends crew got 2 HUGE droughts of 15+ hours between drops. The one on monday never had more than a 3 hour drought. So it went pretty quick.

Wtf.

How do you explain this to partners and family?

Guys I am going to spend 40 hrs camping an item that makes me change shape.

Bring me pizza and meth so I dont fall asleep.

Cen
04-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Wtf.

I'm alone and if i die nobody will find me for awhile.
Also you really dont need to eat any food for a few weeks if you aren't underweight so just have liquid on hand and a toilet nearby? Lol

baue1446
04-15-2020, 04:03 PM
Wtf.

Well honestly the Corona Virus helps with this. My wife and I have been stuck with each other in our house for 3 weeks 24/7. We are fine of course but when you spend THAT much time together some alone time is not only welcomed but appreciated.

Did she roll her eyes when i played all night? SURE. Did she say you are 41 years old and playing a game all night? SURE. Did she go off and do her own thing immediately afterwards? SURE :)

I had to take some ego/maturity shots to the gut of course. But beyond that in this type of quarentine its cool if either of us want to spend a few hours doing our own thing without having to engage each other at all hours of the day.

baue1446
04-15-2020, 04:15 PM
https://imgur.com/kTUyh9C

Looks like WIKI was updated and MAY was crossed out for legacy drops and June 2020 put in? Looks like June is correct then?

So now BOTH the introduction post and the wiki both say June 2020. There is hope fellas!

ApothicNightmare
04-17-2020, 01:01 PM

Looks like WIKI was updated and MAY was crossed out for legacy drops and June 2020 put in? Looks like June is correct then?

So now BOTH the introduction post and the wiki both say June 2020. There is hope fellas!

If that's true, that would be great! Would do much to calm those lists down I think.

Could any of the staff quickly confirm what the date will actually be?; just a quick official post would be great!