PDA

View Full Version : Detrimental spell worn off messages

DOSdaze
04-06-2020, 04:00 AM
Should I be able to see when detrimental spells (like root and mez) wear off of mobs on green? I currently cannot get these messages to show up, but hear others can see them. I have checked my filters, and everything looks turned on.

Scoojitsu
04-06-2020, 07:59 AM
Your root spell has worn off.

Definitely there.

DOSdaze
04-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Your root spell has worn off.

Definitely there.

Thank you for the confirmation. If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this I'm all ears, but I think I'll continue this over in the technical section now that I know it isn't a Green thing.

Gridley
04-07-2020, 12:27 PM
How many chat/combat windows do you have open? You naturally start out the game with 1 window that contains all chat (/say, /group, etc) and all combat (spell casts, effects, skills) together. Most people create a 2nd or 3rd window to separate some of that info. Do you think you created multiple (many!) windows and the spell effects are being shown on one of the windows you're not looking at?

In terms of checking the chat window, if you right click the chat window bar, you can dictate where this particular message would go via Chat Window (right click) -> Filters -> Spells -> Worn Off.

I do hear of some UI errors where maybe the chat window in question is off screen due to resolution adjustment. If you think that might be the case, you can delete your character's UI file (UI_Charactername_P1999Green.ini) to reset it and check. Might want to make a copy/rename the file before deleting.

DOSdaze
04-09-2020, 01:58 AM
I was finally able to get my spell worn off messages to come back by deleting my eqclient.ini file and letting EQ create a new one. Of course this means I had to re-setup my UI, but at least I can see when my roots wear off. Not sure went wrong in the INI file, I haven't manually messed with anything up to this point.

Scoojitsu
04-09-2020, 03:11 AM
Congratulations! :)
Now you can enjoy the game!

Bbbeee
04-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Are bards supposed to see these messages for Mez and Charm as well? I am not seeing them either but just assumed it was not applicable to bards.