PDA

View Full Version : Lowest number Vindi Kill using only ONE class.

Khaall Drogo
04-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Please vote and discuss.

What class could kill Vindi with the least amount of players, assuming they are all level 60, and how many would it take? As in a raid force of ONLY clerics, or rogues, or warriors.

My guess is RANGER! Weapon Shield. Heals for Ramp. DPS. Aggro Transfer.
Im guessing a meezly 35 level 60 Rangers could down Vindi! :eek:

Evia
04-03-2020, 03:57 PM
No bush/towers option?

indiscriminate_hater
04-03-2020, 04:04 PM
probably enchanter

Jimjam
04-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Warriors using furious disc and weighted axes

Khaall Drogo
04-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Hehe Jimjam I think tanking with no heals, and Ramp with no heals would kill warriors off pretty fast.

How many warriors do u guess it would take?

Jimjam
04-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Don’t need heals when you riposte every hit!

Pots n clicks, or just dieing, for ramp.

No aoe so bind at fight, reloot and get back to fighting. No rez required.

Freakish
04-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Clickies allowed? Discs? Outside buffs?

Pre-clearing zone to charm every dire wolf pet, using soulfires on pets enchanter would have the best shot.

Evets
04-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Chanter then mage then necro probably

Ripqozko
04-03-2020, 04:34 PM
46.5 monks with mallets and whirlwind -raev

Khaall Drogo
04-03-2020, 04:36 PM
When the bind sight thing caused FTE and mobs to fight each other. Vindi was bind sighted with literally every single giant from Arena to EW in a train. It took them FOREVER and they only got him to 70% before he finished them up. Not sure if Enchie is gunna cut it. Also with each Ench break/death equalls exponentially more Ench death. This scenario QUICKLY turns into a chaos of broken pets and death.

:)

Khaall Drogo
04-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Don’t need heals when you riposte every hit!

Pots n clicks, or just dieing, for ramp.

No aoe so bind at fight, reloot and get back to fighting. No rez required.

Clickies allowed? Discs? Outside buffs?

Pre-clearing zone to charm every dire wolf pet, using soulfires on pets enchanter would have the best shot.

For the sake of not just turning into, 30 rogues with 7 CH clicks each. Or, have 7 classes each buff monks and then 30 monks with slow mallets.

Lets try to keep it to Class useable clickies only. So only Paladin for Soul Fire. Only SK for Reaper.

Using clickies to make a class more or less 2 classes at once kind of defeats the thought process.

zanderklocke
04-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Army of whirlwind monks.

Khaall Drogo
04-03-2020, 05:37 PM
Army of whirlwind monks.

Whirlwind = Weaponshield but monks have no flame lick so they cant aggro transfer in a meaningful manner to make a "Chain" :cool: Plus monks goinng to be dying to ramp pretty damn fast. :D

Khaall Drogo
04-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Pretty sure enchanters would start out decently strong Say, 30 enchanter pets. With that many pets some are going to break/kill chanters and it is going to be very hard for all 30 enchanters to survive for 3-6 minutes!

Dogma
04-03-2020, 05:46 PM
I bet 15 or 20 Opmeters could get it done.

Wallicker
04-03-2020, 06:05 PM
1 person with good RNG and the right clickies could solo Vindi.
Charm a lower lvl giant give him sword of skyfire, make a huge train send in pet on just Vindi, if sword procs before he dies drop pet second wave of rain will cause a faction war causing all the other giants to attack Vindi, they will do very well until rampage, at this point it will get close, having dictate to grab a baddie last second and hope for that killing blow or if you are super lucky RNG everything gets rampaged to death at 0-1% and you pop whirlwind or dragonbane nuke. A group of mages could use this tactic to get him very low before chaining. Definitely one groupable with strat.

kjs86z
04-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Easily enchanter. If everyone had reaper + soulfire and used them efficiently on troopers, korakaz, and all the other premium pets in zone...Vindi would melt.

Baler
04-04-2020, 12:15 AM
Only 1 class... Raid Geared Monks + Clickies

Kirdan
04-04-2020, 01:10 AM
Giantbane wizards.

Vaarsuvius
04-04-2020, 09:33 AM
Chanters with charmed/ buffed mobs and a shitload of mezzed mobs parked nearby and ready to be recharmed & and sent on Vindi

Thomacles
04-04-2020, 10:08 AM
Giantbane wizards.

I'm guessing they would only be able to do a single cast. Wouldn't he summon after each cast?

Izmael
04-04-2020, 10:16 AM
Probably mages. They can SUMMON new tanks out of thin air, as opposed to enchanters who rely on having existing mobs to charm. Charm will also break, sometimes killing their master. Then you have a loose pet running around popping other enchanters who can't mez or charm him.

Mage pet won't ever break.

Vindi will be able to kill one mage pet in one round of melee, + ripostes and rampage, we can probably give an approximate value of 1.5 pets dying every round of Vindi melee, which happens about once every second.

What number of mages can regen enough mana to produce at least 1.5 pets per second? No idea but I'm sure someone on lockdown has the time to run the figures.

Then you'll have the question of raid's DPS beating Vindi's regen.

ChooChoo Train
04-04-2020, 11:31 AM
200 mana per pet
~3.5 mana per second @ 60 sitting
~4.0 mana per second w/ 60 epic bard
~2.0 mana per second w/ C2
~1.0 mana per second w/ Potg
~10.5 mana per mage fully buffed w/ epic bard

4 groups of (5mage + 1bard) would be net mana positive if only one pet died per round. Assuming a 1.5 pet per round death you’d probably still be okay if mages have a large mana pool.

I would love to be apart of an attempt like this once green gets to velious lol. Tbh this setup with 36 people would easily be able to kill anything that doesn’t fear.

Izmael
04-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Cannot use bard (1 class raid) but can use mod rods and phantom amor HP regen.
I assume self buffed only.

At 4 mana / second with 75 mages we produce 1.5 pets per second. That should mean we have at least 60 pets dpsing vindi at any given time.

I'll assume a conservative dps of 30 for 60 water pet (vindi will flip between targets constantly, lots of pet swings will be parried etc).

30 x 60 = 900 dps to vindi from 75 lvl 60 mages.

No idea if this could beat his regen. If it does, gg. Just have to make sure everyone has enough malachite.

Not sure Burnt Wood Staff would be an advantage there.

Kirdan
04-04-2020, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing they would only be able to do a single cast. Wouldn't he summon after each cast?

There's a cooldown on summon, giantbane is unresistable so it can be cast from range. Figure 30 wizards can do it if, conservatively, 5 die per volley.

30 + 25 + 20 + 15 + 10 + 5 = 105 casts, which is 210,000 damage

I say conservatively because in practice he doesn't actually one shot each wizard. With decent gear + epic skin, I don't think that many would die per volley. Rampage is pretty much a non-factor.

Sethius Marlowe
04-04-2020, 02:32 PM
Obviously Paladin

Baler
04-04-2020, 04:33 PM
Giants are immune to much of the Enchanters CC playbook
Enchanters would be flattened like a pancake, they don't stand a chance.

Nuggie
04-04-2020, 05:48 PM
40 mages, no problem.

getsome
04-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Whirlwind = Weaponshield but monks have no flame lick so they cant aggro transfer in a meaningful manner to make a "Chain" :cool: Plus monks goinng to be dying to ramp pretty damn fast. :D

Monks using mallets and FD were able to use a tank order with a reasonable degree of reliability to transfer Agro when we used to kill OoA in early kunark with monk rotations.

getsome
04-04-2020, 06:37 PM
Also my vote for class would be Druids.

Khaall Drogo
04-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Monks using mallets and FD were able to use a tank order with a reasonable degree of reliability to transfer Agro when we used to kill OoA in early kunark with monk rotations.

This like Ranger but minus the ramp heals and having to rely on clickies to transfer aggro.

Just the fact that 5 rangers with Greater healing can keep the ramp tank alive makes it so you would need less people. Monks going to be dying to ramp every 8 seconds.

Izmael
04-04-2020, 07:12 PM
Actually, on Red, mages would have even more of an edge, as they can cast their Burnt Wood Staff's while medding for pet cycling.

Wutaan
04-05-2020, 12:16 AM
Wizard with Hsagras wrath, no other class comes close.

Baler
04-05-2020, 12:55 AM
OP never said kael was cleared or that vindi was pre-pulled.

Wise up you knuckle heads, the answer is monk.

galach
04-05-2020, 12:59 AM
No clickies? 12 enchanters.

Clickies allowed? 7 enchanters.

Baler
04-05-2020, 01:15 AM
No clickies? 12 enchanters.

Clickies allowed? 7 enchanters.

How are 7, or even 12 enchanters going to split vindi?

Zekayy
04-05-2020, 01:19 AM
like 20 mage pets maybe 10 if they are epic mage pets

Baler
04-05-2020, 01:20 AM
like 20 mage pets maybe 10 if they are epic mage pets

What about summon?

Baler
04-05-2020, 01:23 AM
Part of doing Vindi is clearing to arena, clearing a side of the arena, Dealing with his guards and then possible respawns.

Why do some of you Vets ingore these facts. This is why vindi is sometimes left up even when there are raid guilds with 50+ people online with no raid pops.

galach
04-05-2020, 01:58 AM
How are 7, or even 12 enchanters going to split vindi?

1 enchanter trains everything away. 1 enchanter peels at 4 way. enchanter that pulls gates to Wl, zones in, grabs a pet to help.

You then have 6 or 11 enchanters with pets, reapers, soulfires, rune chains etc.

Wutaan
04-05-2020, 02:54 AM
Lol no, a 500 ac mob is not going to tank vindi in any sustainable way. He would eat through 7,500 hp in a few rounds not to mention ripostes/ramps. What mobs are you going to use as pets? One enchanter pet break and that particular enchanter is summoned and wrecked by pet+Vindi. I bet 30+ enchanters get molly womped mean while 30 wizards could stumble in there and delete Vindi in <60 seconds.

Jimjam
04-05-2020, 04:24 AM
OP never said kael was cleared or that vindi was pre-pulled.

Wise up you knuckle heads, the answer is monk.

Two zonelines and can be factioned. Pull can be done without monks on p1999. Might involve a vouple of ghetto fd, but not a problem as people can bind at the fight zone line.

Jimjam
04-05-2020, 04:26 AM
Once you get vindy to zoneline you can just keep dieing and bind rushing. As long as people are able to reengage faster than he kills and beat his regen it just becomes a war of attrition. It’s how the sleeper was killed (more or less).

shuklak
04-05-2020, 06:35 AM
Will sleeper be killed in teal99?

Ligma
04-05-2020, 07:25 AM
I killed him in PoP with 6 mages. Enrage makes a huge difference and riposte stopped hitting pets at that point. But still he can only kill so many at once and resummoning a pet doesn't take much mana.

Dain is even easier with mages since the banish doesn't work on pets and he doesn't hit as hard.

Jimjam
04-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Will sleeper be killed in teal99?

Only teal could perform such an act of legend.

Croco
04-05-2020, 08:14 AM
y'all are fooling yourselves if you think any other class in this challenge comes even remotely close to wizards

Khaall Drogo
04-05-2020, 12:48 PM
Lol no, a 500 ac mob is not going to tank vindi in any sustainable way. He would eat through 7,500 hp in a few rounds not to mention ripostes/ramps. What mobs are you going to use as pets? One enchanter pet break and that particular enchanter is summoned and wrecked by pet+Vindi. I bet 30+ enchanters get molly womped mean while 30 wizards could stumble in there and delete Vindi in <60 seconds.

I am strongly agreeing here about the enchanters. I saw with my own eyes literally half of Kael fight Vindi at once because of the bind sight bug. The fight went on for maybe 10 minutes and they only got him to 70%. This was his temple Guardians and every single Giant from Arena to EW all at once.

70%........

Khaall Drogo
04-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Once you get vindy to zoneline you can just keep dieing and bind rushing. As long as people are able to reengage faster than he kills and beat his regen it just becomes a war of attrition. It’s how the sleeper was killed (more or less).

While you could do this with most classes probably any of them honestly. The point is what takes the LEAST. Not is it doable.

branamil
04-05-2020, 01:41 PM
I would say Rangers. Their trueshot DPS is not bad and whoever gets aggro can weaponshield. Whoever said wizards is dumb, It would wake 100+ wrath casts and he can kill 5 wizzes in the cast time.

Ligma
04-05-2020, 05:05 PM
One BIS monk. 14 NToV monks. 6 CH charges each. 90 clicks of CH every 2 seconds = 180 seconds. 180 seconds/55 dps per monk = 150k.

No one comes close in the ability to pull, tank, heal and kill.

Wallicker
04-05-2020, 05:36 PM
100% Wizards.
Minimum # of wizards with Soulfires, Reapers, and puppet strings could easily keep charmed pets on Vindi and Chealed while carefully casting giant banes and concussion at the zoneline. One or two wizard would NOT have a pet so one at a time you could zone out and in to clear aggro. Could even snare merchant at zoneline on otherside for fast recharge of strings and reaper while clearing aggro.

Izmael
04-05-2020, 06:20 PM
We should probably disallow any "strong" clickies such the strings.

Can't recall now what the Solo Master Challenge (remember?) filed under OP clickies but I'm pretty sure that excluding that list would be a decent start.

Sunderfury
04-05-2020, 11:53 PM
Wizards, if being strategic, all giant factioned and doing train tactics to get vindi to zone line could probably all bind 1 zone over and work out a rotation of casting group translocate on WL side, zoning to Kael, cast bane and insta gate back, and zone back in after group TL lands.

Zone times obviously a factor, but theoretically could do this with no clickies and no deaths and unbuffed.

Faction would avoid rampage / agro during casting, accepting TL hopefully avoids summon / melee dmg.

No clue how much mana this would take or total numbers because i'm lazy. 30? Someone post a proof.

Ligma
04-06-2020, 07:01 AM
You can't get vindi faction and faction has nothing to do with rampage.

Someone would be summoned and either one rounded or killed while zoning.

Sunderfury
04-06-2020, 08:09 AM
You can't get vindi faction and faction has nothing to do with rampage.

Someone would be summoned and either one rounded or killed while zoning.

Wow, I was never aware he was naturally KoS to everyone (looked it up and confirmed classic, not P99 faction bug). I stand corrected, my strat would fail miserably in this case.

What are the odds of a Wand of Conflagaraton (https://wiki.project1999.com/Wand_of_Conflagration) landing on Vindi with only using wizzie debuffs/items? Not sure if this would add any benefit to the "Army of Wizards nuke as fast as possible" scenario.

Sethius Marlowe
04-06-2020, 12:46 PM
I hereby remove your guide status and appoint myself chief guide.

Also. 12 paladins telling jokes and eventually vindi kills himself.

Bardp1999
04-06-2020, 01:04 PM
This post highlights nicely why we Reapers and Mallets need to be nerfed. Same basic logic as limiting AoE to 25 applies to here IE Classic spirit vs classic mechanics

Sethius Marlowe
04-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Yeah I mean. I dunno. It’s weird. Everyone’s always gonna min max. The edge is always gonna be pushed to the limit.

It’s kind of lame because like none of this shit was being done in classic (or was it?) but like. I dunno. It’s still fun but now we’re 30 year old adults that came back to beat up the high school bullies and we brought like crowbars and shit. Just feels weird.

Anyway. Love you.

ScottBerta
04-07-2020, 03:58 AM
For Speed it have to be Monks with mend and disc up. They just all rush and go for it.

If you don’t care about speed but a smooth kill it’s mage. However, you wouldn’t need as many mages as monks. If all epic mages even less by say 1/4.

I see way to many complications with chanter and wizard.

Arkanjil
04-07-2020, 08:38 PM
40 warriors, prebuffed, with reapers and soulfires. Easy.

gherron
04-08-2020, 01:22 AM
No bush/towers option?

I second this.

Zekayy
04-08-2020, 07:29 PM
maybe 40 or 50 wizards all with the giant bane spell all land on him he will die

Zekayy
04-08-2020, 07:33 PM
For Speed it have to be Monks with mend and disc up. They just all rush and go for it.

If you don’t care about speed but a smooth kill it’s mage. However, you wouldn’t need as many mages as monks. If all epic mages even less by say 1/4.

I see way to many complications with chanter and wizard.

thats what I said mage pets

Zekayy
04-09-2020, 10:40 PM
Another reason I say mage is because they can have like 5 DA's Earring of the frozen skull the DA Ring they get and an idol and theres one other item you get these items and go pull vindi and then have all the mages attack and win win it can be done

Izmael
04-10-2020, 08:02 AM
Also don't forget that epic mages can corpse their epics and muzzles of Mardu (summoned haste items). This means that they don't actually need any mana regen if they have a Burnout clickie - VP robe or Velious robes.

They can /duel and make 10 corpses each.

Epic pet takes 20 seconds to cast. Add maybe 5 seconds for looting it from a corpse / wiggle room.

If we take a very pessimistic average of 1 pet dying every second (pet has 3500 hp and is level 49),
we simply need 25 mages casting a new pet as soon as their current one dies.

With 10 corpses each, they have 250 epic pets available for Vindi to kill, which will take about 4 minutes (given that pessimistic rate of pet slaughtering of 1 every second).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211310&page=3
Daldaen parsed a 60 water pet vs Statue here at about 45 dps. I think it's safe to assume the epic pet will do at least 60 dps on Vindi (this is pessimistic, again).

The 25 mages with 10 corpses each will be able to produce about (25x60) = 1500 dps for 4 minutes, which amounts to at the very least (60 x 4 x 1500) = 360k HP depleted from Vindi.

Not sure of his regen but the wiki says Vindi has about 200k HP, so yeah 25 epic mages should be overkill.

Who knows, maybe I'm being too pessimistic with the numbers and ~15 epic mages would be enough? Maybe they'd have to corpse more than 10 epics each though.

Jimjam
04-10-2020, 09:35 AM
Giant hp regen is non-negligible. Is that 2Ck figure accounting for that, or is there another mountain of hp to negotiate on account of regen?

Izmael
04-10-2020, 09:46 AM
25 epic mages deal 360k damage total over 4 minutes to a mob wiki says has ~200k HP.

I have no idea about his combat HP regen tbh. Out of combat, a mob regens 5% per tick, which means about 1666 hp's / second for Vindi. 25 epic mages would basically keep up with his unaggroed regen.

It's probably safe to say that his combat HP regen is lower than his out-of-combat HP regen.

I gues there's only one way to know - get a bunch of epic mages on blue to try it.

Sunderfury
04-10-2020, 09:47 AM
There is reasonable evidence that in classic only 4 pets could attack at once (somewhat up for debate, it was buggy at best), but those mage figures are pretty ridiculous. What mob couldn't they drop??

Also not sure if hate transfer to owner is working properly after pet death. Never played pet class in classic but heard some folks say hate would transfer to owner after pet dies. So an army of chain summoning pet classes would eventually get summoned by mob and get slaughtered. No clue if true.

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 09:54 AM
can enchanters even charm anything near vindi?

magnetaress
04-10-2020, 09:55 AM
the mage/ench could theoretically achieve a kill

the wizards would garanteed delete the mob 100% without fail

Ligma
04-10-2020, 12:51 PM
I have no doubt that mage or wizard could do it but it would take like 25-30. Obviously it can be done with charm and reapers/soulfires but you have to deal with charm breaks and summon.

Honestly, 15 monks with whirlwind, mend and reapers could do it.

Arvan
04-10-2020, 01:19 PM
Mend what one ramp round? Haha

Zekayy
04-11-2020, 11:26 PM
Also don't forget that epic mages can corpse their epics and muzzles of Mardu (summoned haste items). This means that they don't actually need any mana regen if they have a Burnout clickie - VP robe or Velious robes.

They can /duel and make 10 corpses each.

Epic pet takes 20 seconds to cast. Add maybe 5 seconds for looting it from a corpse / wiggle room.

If we take a very pessimistic average of 1 pet dying every second (pet has 3500 hp and is level 49),
we simply need 25 mages casting a new pet as soon as their current one dies.

With 10 corpses each, they have 250 epic pets available for Vindi to kill, which will take about 4 minutes (given that pessimistic rate of pet slaughtering of 1 every second).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211310&page=3
Daldaen parsed a 60 water pet vs Statue here at about 45 dps. I think it's safe to assume the epic pet will do at least 60 dps on Vindi (this is pessimistic, again).

The 25 mages with 10 corpses each will be able to produce about (25x60) = 1500 dps for 4 minutes, which amounts to at the very least (60 x 4 x 1500) = 360k HP depleted from Vindi.

Not sure of his regen but the wiki says Vindi has about 200k HP, so yeah 25 epic mages should be overkill.

Who knows, maybe I'm being too pessimistic with the numbers and ~15 epic mages would be enough? Maybe they'd have to corpse more than 10 epics each though.
This this is the whole /Thread close this

Nexii
04-11-2020, 11:49 PM
Voted ench realistically. But with enough soulfires corpsed it's druid, their charm breaks much less often on wolves. Multiple charms breaking at once is the worst case scenario

5 druids is still a very long fight probably 6-7 minutes

Lewkeng
04-12-2020, 05:30 AM
wizards would be fucking beautiful to watch

laskje
04-17-2020, 12:19 AM
I would put the plat where my mouth is and join a taskforce of 59 equal-minded, level 60 mages with the water pet (or even epic) + Burnout & DS. The sight alone of 60 mages, clearing towards arena would just be beautiful - imagine 60 pets clearing anything!

The mage DS is a +33 DS, you also need to take this into account. it is not only about the dps of the pets, but also about that sweet DS damage that chucks away oh so much from the targets.

Lets make this happen! Do we have a total of 60 level 60 mages to run this experiment?

Atmas
04-17-2020, 11:28 AM
I would put a lot of money on 30 wizards with Giant Bane. Even with either scenario of just a pure Vindi fight or of having to pull him solo and kill him.

Scenario 1 -- 30 wizards pitted against Vindi in some kind of GM created situation where he is just standing around waiting to be attacked:

All wizards cast a Giant Bane and Vindi drops by about 30% of health (60k). He begins attacking wizards. Every about 11 seconds the wizards will get off another volley of Giant Bane and Vindi would have killed probably 2 of them. Depending on how much regen goes off the fight is either over in about 33 or 44 seconds from the start and 20 or so of the wizards are still standing.

Scenario 2 -- 30 wizards pitted against Vindi and he has to be pulled like normal:

Honestly the fight is going to go pretty similarly to the other scenario but for the pull wizards have great utility with being able to throw up TL boxes. A wizard factioned enough to run up to Vindi can train him and everything towards EW and another wizard can tag him out to WL zoneline. The first pulling wizard can click a TL at the right time and with having done a bind outside Kael at WL be back in time for the fight. As Vindi gets to the pull spot all wizards start a Giant Bane cast.

These scenarios don't even include utilizing full possible potential. You can improve efficiency if you have the wizards burn Conflaguration wands or they have DA earrings and are able to coordinate all clicking them between volleys of Giant Bane so Vindi gets less kills during recast wait time.

All the pet class options are viable but charmed pets suffer from the issues others mentioned with breaking. All pet classes could have issues with enrage and probably need pretty significant numbers to overcome the pet cast / kill rate.

Several of the melee classes uses discs could probably do it with 30 something if they can coordinate taking damage/avoiding enrage well.

However, I feel like the wizards require overall less total coordination or individual awareness by every player.

Izmael
04-17-2020, 11:58 AM
He begins attacking wizards. Every about 11 seconds the wizards will get off another volley of Giant Bane and Vindi would have killed probably 2 of them

Stopped reading there.

Vindi will not kill ~2 wizards every 11 seconds, more like 6 or 7. Going to be conservative and optimistics for the wizards:

Also to begin casting the 1st wave of nukes, Vindi must be in range of the raid. Therefore aggroed on the raid and actively killing wizards.

So by the time the 1nd wave of Hsagra's Wrath lands, he probably killed at least 2. That's ~55k dmg.

Recast time 5 seconds, he probably killed at least 3 others during that time. That's 25 wizards left. They begin casting a 2nd nuke. 4.5 seconds later, only 20 actually land, for 40k dmg. Vindi is about 55% HP but it isn't looking good for the wizzies as by the time they land a 3rd nuke, only ~14 of them will be living, landing for about 28k dmg, and then the raid wipes.

This would probably work with 50+ giantbane wizards.

Since the topic about what class could kill Vindi with the LEAST number of players, I suppose this rules wizards out. I still think epic mages are the #1 candidates. Someone mentionned crazy things about ntov monks but that involves strongs clickies sur as soulfire etc, I'm not sure this should be allowed. And even then, I'm not sure monks would win. Vindi is a bitch to tank without defensive.

Kirdan
04-17-2020, 12:52 PM
Vindi will not kill ~2 wizards every 11 seconds, more like 6 or 7. Going to be conservative and optimistics for the wizards:

Also to begin casting the 1st wave of nukes, Vindi must be in range of the raid. Therefore aggroed on the raid and actively killing wizards.

Giantbane is unresistable and does not require belly casting (not that belly casting even exists on p99 at the moment). Vindi doesn't have to kill a single wizard before the first volley lands.

Summon from mobs has a cooldown. Even if you're generous to vindi and say he kills each wizard in one round (not how it actually happens, I've lasted multiple rounds without heals many times), he will not be summoning them rapid fire. He will summon one, kill that one, then chase the next one until summon is back up. The only way he kills 6 or 7 wizards in between volleys is if they are immobile and stacked on top of him.

Atmas
04-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Stopped reading there.

So by the time the 1nd wave of Hsagra's Wrath lands, he probably killed at least 2. That's ~55k dmg.

Recast time 5 seconds, he probably killed at least 3 others during that time. That's 25 wizards left. They begin casting a 2nd nuke. 4.5 seconds later, only 20 actually land, for 40k dmg. Vindi is about 55% HP but it isn't looking good for the wizzies as by the time they land a 3rd nuke, only ~14 of them will be living, landing for about 28k dmg, and then the raid wipes.

This would probably work with 50+ giantbane wizards.

Since the topic about what class could kill Vindi with the LEAST number of players, I suppose this rules wizards out.

6 or 7 wizards? Why? They can cast Giant Bane out of melee range and summon has a refresh time. Also you can definitely hit him with a volley without him having hit anyone or at most attacking/killing one.

Also 50+?! That's way overkill if you are trying to do a low numbers kill. 100K first round, even with the what I think is very high 6 to 7 deaths per volley you finish high 30s wizards.

Izmael
04-18-2020, 09:18 AM
Giantbane has a range of 200 according to wiki - this means that to start casting it on Vindi, you must be on his hate list, and the death toll starts at the moment the first nuke starts being casted - this was my point.

But regardless of that, a wizard can certainly last several rounds without heals tanking Vindi. Matter of fact, if the RNG collaborates, a wizard can tank him for hours without heals - it's just very unlikely.

In a real-life situation of a wizard raid taking Vindi on, the wizards will not be tanking him for multiple rounds. Most of the time they will be dropping like flies (oh and he rampages).

My whole point was that 30 GB wizards is not enough to kill Vindi. Too many will die before he dies. I think ~50 is a number that might stand a chance.