PDA

View Full Version : Nerf The "Red Wood Wand" Please!

Vizax_Xaziv
04-02-2020, 02:08 PM
This item is creating a situation similar to Chardok AEs. Certain guilds are are using massive numbers of wand charges to power level specific classes to bolster their ranks for Kunark.

This is giving an inherently unfair advantage to said guilds, who are monopolizing the camp for the item. P99 servers end up top-heavy enough at baseline that we certainly don't need hundreds of characters being power leveled via Red Wood Wands in addition.

Please Nerf these Wands! Making them LORE would be a great start! Items like the Manastone were removed because they were considered too powerful and it's the same thing here. Red Wood Wand spam COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY trivializes the leveling process. It removes ALL difficulty and chance of death for the player!

Jubal
04-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Lol they wont even nerf recharging or soulfire you think theyre gonna remove rww just because it ruins a bunch of stuff and cheapens everything?

P99 is about the letter of classic not the spirit.

Izmael
04-02-2020, 02:32 PM
Wand drops off a level 20 mob, you can just go and get some yourself.

Tuljin
04-02-2020, 02:38 PM
It won't work as well come Kunark and there's way too many mouths to feed. Nerds can try to park all the toons they want, they won't be able to get them all VP keyed and level 60 before Velious. On this timeline without Chardok AOE the Kunark dragons are going to be an absolute shitshow.

YendorLootmonkey
04-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Wand drops off a level 20 mobInvis up and snipe wands from the merchant when they go to recharge without risk of punishment because they are fair game after sold, you can just go and get some yourself.

I do not endorse anti-social behavior, but I fixed it for you to reflect the reality of what happens.

Zeboim
04-02-2020, 02:47 PM
""""Certain Guilds"""""

Lordgordon
04-02-2020, 02:50 PM
They have glitched wands that have 144 charges each

kjs86z
04-02-2020, 03:00 PM
op sounds mad

Videri
04-02-2020, 03:19 PM
If farming/buying and using these wands is so OP, then the rest of us should get on the gain train.

Phaezed-Reality
04-02-2020, 03:29 PM
i wonder why this post now? hmmm. lol.

Gatorsmash
04-02-2020, 04:03 PM
This item is creating a situation similar to Chardok AEs. Certain guilds are are using massive numbers of wand charges to power level specific classes to bolster their ranks for Kunark.

This is giving an inherently unfair advantage to said guilds, who are monopolizing the camp for the item. P99 servers end up top-heavy enough at baseline that we certainly don't need hundreds of characters being power leveled via Red Wood Wands in addition.

Please Nerf these Wands! Making them LORE would be a great start! Items like the Manastone were removed because they were considered too powerful and it's the same thing here. Red Wood Wand spam COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY trivializes the leveling process. It removes ALL difficulty and chance of death for the player!

NO1CURR'S

This is a emulated server with modifications enjoyed by the developers.

The 6 minute respawning guards holding the made up price menu's for recharging items should have told ya....

Visual
04-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Should have been nerfed ages ago. as well as recharging. as well as non classic quests. Green was rushed apparently

They will get it right by next server

magnetaress
04-02-2020, 04:06 PM
I agree with OP badsically cuz i really like their name.

Octopath
04-02-2020, 04:49 PM
WTS red wood wands 3k each

Jibartik
04-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Obtaining and using this item to get levels quick and exploit mechanics is 100% why anyone should play on green.

If you dont want these classic awesome experiences, then idk, maybe I'd suggest blue!

If you missed it this round, plan on not missing it next time! Use this round to learn how to do it!

Red has an amazing thread about these somewhere I unearthed while looking for some old info back before the launch.

Dont become red players, enjoy the exploit, be good at pve EQ and have fun with these classic hax! :D

Vizax_Xaziv
04-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Obtaining and using this item to get levels quick and exploit mechanics is 100% why anyone should play on green.

If you dont want these classic awesome experiences, then idk, maybe I'd suggest blue!

If you missed it this round, plan on not missing it next time! Use this round to learn how to do it!

Red has an amazing thread about these somewhere I unearthed while looking for some old info back before the launch.

Dont become red players, enjoy the exploit, be good at pve EQ and have fun with these classic hax! :D

Sorry, my bad! I THOUGHT I was here to enjoy the experience of playing Classic-era EverQuest, not sit on the Butcherblock Docks watching Rogues, Warriors and Clerics quad kiting to powerlevel themselves....to give said guilds an unfair and anticompetitive advantage come Kunark Raids!

Christina.
04-02-2020, 06:27 PM
I get where the complaint is coming from but it's honestly a tedious annoying way of leveling up if you think about it. 76 DMG a click and only 5 charges? Not going to get people very far when mobs have 2-3k HP lol.

Octopath
04-02-2020, 06:39 PM
I get where the complaint is coming from but it's honestly a tedious annoying way of leveling up if you think about it. 76 DMG a click and only 5 charges? Not going to get people very far when mobs have 2-3k HP lol.

Exactly. Op has clearly never used the wands. They are tedious and you have players lurking trying to steal your wands every recharge.

ChooChoo Train
04-02-2020, 06:49 PM
380 instant dmg to 4 mobs
Let’s say you have 24 wands
Doesn’t take a genius to figure out how OP these are for leveling especially if you kill mobs that pay for the recharges...
I bet they are used on every raid boss besides Naggy too.

Visual
04-02-2020, 06:53 PM
..to give said guilds an unfair and anticompetitive advantage come Kunark Raids!

It's not even about the advantage. The problem is trivializing content. Nobody did this in classic and it obviously is not the way the game is intended to be played.

The people defending the abuse are clearly the ones currently benefiting from it

Baler
04-02-2020, 06:57 PM
Ultimately the answer to OP is
Shit's Classic

BarackObooma
04-02-2020, 07:10 PM
On blue there were people with bugged wands with hundreds of charges on them. Seems like they figured out how to do it here too. Need some bans to those turds.

Christina.
04-02-2020, 07:11 PM
It's not even about the advantage. The problem is trivializing content. Nobody did this in classic and it obviously is not the way the game is intended to be played.

The people defending the abuse are clearly the ones currently benefiting from it

I wasn't defending it or have I ever even heard of the wand nor currently playing in that matter lol but after reading what the guy above you said I look it at in a different sense.. I wouldn't go far as nagafen raids but damn, you could PL yourself 1-30 pretty quick haha... Even said, I'd still be annoyed to have an go recharge that shit. How does the recharging method go?

Tuljin
04-02-2020, 07:13 PM
On blue there were people with bugged wands with hundreds of charges on them. Seems like they figured out how to do it here too. Need some bans to those turds.

No way dude, we need to get ~~~really~~~ butthurt about names that violate the naming policy lol

Jibartik
04-02-2020, 08:27 PM
Sorry, my bad! I THOUGHT I was here to enjoy the experience of playing Classic-era EverQuest, not sit on the Butcherblock Docks watching Rogues, Warriors and Clerics quad kiting to powerlevel themselves....to give said guilds an unfair and anticompetitive advantage come Kunark Raids!

Uh not to be a bit harsh but, using red wood wands is exactly what enjoying the experience of playing Classic-era Everquest is.

Commenting about changing the code to custom code so you can enjoy it the way modern games are balanced is definitely not.

!! Long live the players that know how to SLAYTHE the competition during classic !!

:o

Canelek
04-02-2020, 11:20 PM
This one idiot in Oasis kept getting his wands sniped from a gypsy vendor and yelling all aboat being robbed. I commend the assling (forgot name) who was doing it.

Tethler
04-02-2020, 11:44 PM
This one idiot in Oasis kept getting his wands sniped from a gypsy vendor and yelling all aboat being robbed. I commend the assling (forgot name) who was doing it.

Hahaha. Recharging at the gypsy vendor is just asking for it to be taken.

Gatorsmash
04-03-2020, 12:27 AM
Uh not to be a bit harsh but, using red wood wands is exactly what enjoying the experience of playing Classic-era Everquest is.

Commenting about changing the code to custom code so you can enjoy it the way modern games are balanced is definitely not.

!! Long live the players that know how to SLAYTHE the competition during classic !!

:o

Can we please stop with the nonsensical derp talk about how "x" is classic while other things are screwed around with because "reasons" to the point even the minor things that newbie players would take advantage of in the original are changed.

All three servers are not classic EQ, they are not even close. Let's just deal with it and move on

Jibartik
04-03-2020, 12:29 AM
I strongly suggest that you try world of warcraft!

The server resets every 4 years. Powerleveling is a non issue because its really easy to get to 50 anyway.

I'm pretty sure it broke p99 before and we're all still here.

I'd like to see how this plays out and honestly I hope there is Chardok AoE when kunark launches!

To me these are what makes replaying the classic server something worth replaying.

Visual
04-03-2020, 01:29 AM
I'd be willing to wager 10 grand that they will be nerfed or recharging will be removed by the time next server rolls out.

If only it were worth the hassle of drawing up the contract and setting up escrow

gundumbwing
04-03-2020, 06:06 AM
I strongly suggest that you try world of warcraft!

The server resets every 4 years. Powerleveling is a non issue because its really easy to get to 50 anyway.

I'm pretty sure it broke p99 before and we're all still here.

I'd like to see how this plays out and honestly I hope there is Chardok AoE when kunark launches!

To me these are what makes replaying the classic server something worth replaying.

This is also whay I thought until I couldn't do a single classic turn in quest for EXP, as I did on every single character I've played in classic due to unclassicaly nerfing it to prevent people from leveling up faster.

The fact they left red wand in, a powerlever on crack, just makes no sense on any level. Green is 100% not a classic feel in anyway beyond visual asthetics.

But it's EQ and it was still enjoyable to play despite having very few similarities to actual classic EQ.

Domni
04-03-2020, 10:27 AM
FYI Re: spawning Mina:

There are 5 total maidens in the zone, 4 wander. 3 of those spawn at the Gearheart camp, 2 of which are Mina's PH. The other wandering maiden never spawned as Mina for me.

Mina spawns in bursts then not at all, I found, but it's probably just RNG all the way. I got all 25 wands over 5 or so days. Sometimes she would spawn back-to-back and other times nothing for several hours.

To start the camp, get a ranger, get all 5 maidens to the same spot and kill them at the same time. Then set your timer and get back to the Gearheart camp. Wolf form helps to stop the wandering brownies from being KOS, if needed.

fadetree
04-03-2020, 10:50 AM
This is also whay I thought until I couldn't do a single classic turn in quest for EXP, as I did on every single character I've played in classic due to unclassicaly nerfing it to prevent people from leveling up faster.

The fact they left red wand in, a powerlever on crack, just makes no sense on any level. Green is 100% not a classic feel in anyway beyond visual asthetics.

But it's EQ and it was still enjoyable to play despite having very few similarities to actual classic EQ.

Wow, you have a pretty high requirement if you think there are 'very few' similarities of P99 green to classic.

Albane
04-03-2020, 11:47 AM

Translated - "I like to exploit broken mechanics in a 20 year old game."

Unfortunately, this server is the only option for people who don't want a P2W game these days. Because of this, the devs are able to pick and chose what's classic and what's not.

Hopefully, a lot of these changes will be made for Green 2.0, when my kids are old enough to play with me.

Albane
04-03-2020, 11:49 AM

Remember, they only made these changes after all of the initial hardcore grinders had taken advantage of them. Those people who play more casually were actually screwed out of a lot of easy xp the first couple of hours, then days, then months, as the changes were implemented.

gundumbwing
04-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Remember, they only made these changes after all of the initial hardcore grinders had taken advantage of them. Those people who play more casually were actually screwed out of a lot of easy xp the first couple of hours, then days, then months, as the changes were implemented.

Not sure how turning in bone child and cb/belts and pads to get to level 12-15 can screw over a casual. They could have hardcore grinded and got their turns ins, I could have casually done it and got my turns in. Where's the part I got screwed over, besides being unable to relive the nostalgia of doing said quests to level cause they were nerfed into useless. Ya know everQUEST and all.

zaneosak
04-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Where do most people recharge at? Asking for a friend.

Jibartik
04-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Translated - "I like to exploit broken mechanics in a 20 year old game."

Yeah I do lol what's wrong with that? They are fun to exploit and figure out. It's emergent gameplay!

Like as if kiting wasn't the very first version of this? They had no idea about this until players created it.

But I get it, I'm wrong to the same extent that I am right, some of the things I love about this game can make it totally broken, like if your raid uses these to kill CT in one second. But then again I ask who cares? A raid that efficient would kill em in one second with their diligently leveled army of rogues just as easily, know what I mean?

Whats the big deal, we all know the wizards behind the curtain at this point. The only thing that makes sense to me is to try to master those mechanics the way we mastered selling back items to vendors 20 years ago, idk sue me :p

Vizax_Xaziv
04-04-2020, 02:43 PM
Yeah I do lol what's wrong with that? They are fun to exploit and figure out. It's emergent gameplay!

Like as if kiting wasn't the very first version of this? They had no idea about this until players created it.

But I get it, I'm wrong to the same extent that I am right, some of the things I love about this game can make it totally broken, like if your raid uses these to kill CT in one second. But then again I ask who cares? A raid that efficient would kill em in one second with their diligently leveled army of rogues just as easily, know what I mean?

Whats the big deal, we all know the wizards behind the curtain at this point. The only thing that makes sense to me is to try to master those mechanics the way we mastered selling back items to vendors 20 years ago, idk sue me :pBecause it completely 100% trivializes any sort of risk/reward from the game.

Jibartik
04-04-2020, 03:05 PM
You mean a game where monks solo the myconid king?

Speed running through classic everquest is as much of a strategy to enjoy p99 as roleplaying and hailing farmers.

If raid guilds want to speed run through a time locked server using redwood wands, IMO it's the whole point of the green server.

fastboy21
04-04-2020, 05:14 PM
they don't need to remove it...it should have its drop rate lowered so as to compensate for the modern uber game knowledge.

nobody was farming these on live. not because they weren't useful, but because few knew about them...and of those few, even fewer understood its potential.

the only time I ever saw one of these on live was basically as a toy or a bottom of the bag utility item to keep just in case. maybe others have a different memory.

Jimjam
04-04-2020, 05:35 PM
Just fix the recharge exploit?

PabloEdvardo
04-04-2020, 06:29 PM
They're becoming so prevalent, anyone who knows about them is using them to level their chars now.

Soon you'll be asked to have RWW just to join an xp group.

"Oh you don't have wands? Sorry, you can't get on the list. We need XP."

Jibartik
04-04-2020, 06:45 PM
For a reseting server, I'd prefer original broken mechanics, than modernised changed mechanics.

The goal should be to learn how to win, not change the rules so people can win only one way.

The whole game is based on our ability to bend the rules as much as possible, I fail to see a realistic point where the line should be drawn on a server where literally all of it may as well be erased in 4 years and start again.

I just feel the compromise is, if you don't like this, don't use them.

Edit I ask for this: could anyone show some fraps of people exploiting every (or any??) pug in the game with these wands? The cost is not realistic for that to be the case.

gundumbwing
04-04-2020, 06:50 PM
You mean a game where monks solo the myconid king?

Speed running through classic everquest is as much of a strategy to enjoy p99 as roleplaying and hailing farmers.

If raid guilds want to speed run through a time locked server using redwood wands, IMO it's the whole point of the green server.

I wanted the game I could actually complete quests to level up. That whole classic EQ vibe.

Jibartik
04-04-2020, 06:52 PM
I wear leather while monks solo the spore king, makes no change to my life at all!

I've just seen this over and over again, some people exploit mechanics, other people get offended at the concept of it but overall, the exploit didn't stop any of us from actually enjoying the game.

Edit: The saddest thing I saw was chardok being empty after the sploit was banned on blue. On any given weekend Id be sitting there LFG in a full KC with like 12 other people waiting around for a spot to open, while chardook was just silent except for the sound of pathing sarnaks and spermies.

Redwood wands are not as powerful as chardook levelling, they just aren't! You cant maintain the plat sink while soloing your way to 60 you just wont.

They are what I believe to be, the very essence of classic everquest: Powerful magical artifacts, obtained by any that wish seek them! They are the tombs knowledge that gandalf scours through, the greed that mortal men betray each other for, they house the power that dark villains fantasize about!

They are everquest!

fastboy21
04-04-2020, 07:10 PM
100% even Verant would have nerfed this if it was going on during live.

Gameplay emerges differently here than it did on live or even blue. The mission statement of the server isn't to recreate all the rules and decisions from live, it is to recreate classic EQ. Sometimes, to do that, you have to create rules specific to the gameplay emerging today in order to protect the mission.

If a new emerging gameplay is changing the game then the devs have the precedent and the reason to step in. Honestly, I'm not sure how bad this in changing gameplay here. According to some the prevalence is already beyond super saturated...

ChooChoo Train
04-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Why would you group with these when you can solo an entire camp then just recharge while you wait on respawns with the money you just made...

Jibartik
04-04-2020, 07:47 PM
Yeah true but that is a subjective goal, but I can tell you this much, I promise we wont see these items breaking anyones gameplay on green and maybe only being a factor at those 150 person raids.

And its true verant didnt nerf this, and the item did exist back then, so what better place to go experience that than then a resetting p99 server?

Removing the item objectively takes away what others subjectively think is classic while its not the other way around. You don't have to use them and they wont stop you from playing.

So that's why I argue against this.

Edit: On blue, where the game lasts forever, nerf em up, change the game however idc, but not on the OG resetting server. This wont feel like it did back then, ever, you cant chase that dragon.

Edit Edit: I feel this way about the lists too, I also think we shoulda been looking at black while medding to level 35 until we figured out something better. So I fully expect to be on the wrong side of this one too and that we will see a nerf. Also item linking! Coulda got rid of that too, but you guys are so fickle! :P

But I don't agree!

Jibartik
04-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Why would you group with these when you can solo an entire camp then just recharge while you wait on respawns with the money you just made...

Sounds good/bad but it's not real, these camps just dont exist, players have come close to breaking even but only in a few areas that I've ever heard of.

Jibartik
04-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Im sorry I am bored from being inside all day and am just sad to see item nerfs cus I like magical artifacts, I made my case. I give up to let the gods decide!

Pringles
04-04-2020, 08:16 PM
If chardok was nerfed with the overriding reasoning being the proliferation of throwaway accounts I see little reason why the recharge cost of these would not be fixed. As I recall the current prices are just a copy paste of Al'Kabor and hardly definitively classic on their own.

edit: by overriding I mean at the time the damage from Chardok had already been done and the change enacted was to prevent a similar occurrence with the absurd proliferation of high level accounts on the next server. Yes it also fixed Bard swarm/RMT however you could always thread the needle to blatantly not classic mechanics being implemented for a better tomorrow

fastboy21
04-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Sounds good/bad but it's not real, these camps just dont exist, players have come close to breaking even but only in a few areas that I've ever heard of.

I mean...the wiki page even suggests to use it to quad spectres in oasis.

You do make a good point in one of your posts that it isn't so bad to leave them in for some time as a special nod to enjoying a brand new time-line correct EQ server in vanilla.

PabloEdvardo
04-04-2020, 09:05 PM
For a reseting server, I'd prefer original broken mechanics, than modernised changed mechanics.

The goal should be to learn how to win, not change the rules so people can win only one way.

The whole game is based on our ability to bend the rules as much as possible, I fail to see a realistic point where the line should be drawn on a server where literally all of it may as well be erased in 4 years and start again.

I agree with you, but the devs prefer a "classic feeling" rather than "classic accuracy".

Over time I've come to appreciate some aspects of the "classic feeling", and gotten used to the ongoing non-actually-classic changes.

When you see some things like RWW explode into usage they're very clearly violating that "classic feeling". Those few remaining broken mechanics stick out more readily than if we had numerous broken mechanics that were still allowed.

Swish
04-04-2020, 09:09 PM
Every time something "not classic" gets adjusted in the direction of "classic"...people complain.

The same people came here to play Classic EQ.

Jibartik
04-04-2020, 10:56 PM
Haha I did figure out a way to remove item linking from green during the last day of the UI project, but it was decided that you guys would kill us if we just threw that in.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-06-2020, 11:48 PM
I agree with you, but the devs prefer a "classic feeling" rather than "classic accuracy".

Over time I've come to appreciate some aspects of the "classic feeling", and gotten used to the ongoing non-actually-classic changes.

When you see some things like RWW explode into usage they're very clearly violating that "classic feeling". Those few remaining broken mechanics stick out more readily than if we had numerous broken mechanics that were still allowed.

Yea its the "picking-and-choosing" that bothers me a bit. It's the same situation we saw with Chardok PBAE. Certain individuals/guilds were allowed to do it for months and years, and as soon as it became "mainstream," it was nerfed - leaving everyone who didn't participate up shit's creek.

As someone already mentioned: The "noobie quests" (bone chips, CB/DF Belts and Pads) were significantly nerfed, yet something like Red Wood Wands is allowed to remain? It just seems nonsensical.

Fammaden
04-07-2020, 07:23 AM
100% even Verant would have nerfed this if it was going on during live.

Gameplay emerges differently here than it did on live or even blue. The mission statement of the server isn't to recreate all the rules and decisions from live, it is to recreate classic EQ. Sometimes, to do that, you have to create rules specific to the gameplay emerging today in order to protect the mission.

If a new emerging gameplay is changing the game then the devs have the precedent and the reason to step in. Honestly, I'm not sure how bad this in changing gameplay here. According to some the prevalence is already beyond super saturated...

Right on.

BlackBellamy
04-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Haha I did figure out a way to remove item linking from green during the last day of the UI project, but it was decided that you guys would kill us if we just threw that in.

I'm sure it played a part in the decision but from other comments I saw wasn't the primary concern that item linking prevented a massive /petition scam storm?

Jibartik
04-07-2020, 04:34 PM
I'm sure it played a part in the decision but from other comments I saw wasn't the primary concern that item linking prevented a massive /petition scam storm?

with great power... :cool: but yea that was a factor, though I still cant imagine all us players actually falling for that dunedigger shield scam let alone someone saying "these boots are +100 hit points!" and then someone buying them without realising they were fine steel in the trade window.

edit: imagine the rnf's we're missing out on :o "Kababo is a LIAR! He told me my boots were magical but they were not!"

Vizax_Xaziv
04-09-2020, 01:23 AM
The Wand leveling really starting to get outta hand. People are gonna be 60 overnight when Kunark opens using the hundreds of Wanda they're currently farming.....

Doktoor
04-09-2020, 01:55 AM
I'll tell you what's more classic than any one item: Any one item getting hit with the nerf bat lickitty split once Verant realized people were using it to make leveling even a tiny bit faster than grinding it out with 6 people in a dungeon.

Arvan
04-09-2020, 02:43 AM
The omega nerds blocking you out of kunark content wont be blocking you out of red wands they will be blocking you out of VP keys

Vizax_Xaziv
04-09-2020, 02:52 AM
The omega nerds blocking you out of kunark content wont be blocking you out of red wands they will be blocking you out of VP keys

Yea theyll need to farm VP Keys for all the alts they PL with Red Wood Wands - just like the Chardok AE alts of old!

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 11:18 AM
lets not forget this thread

Octopath
04-16-2020, 11:27 AM
felt so OP the other night. A young budding warrior was swarmed by 6 frogs in upper guk. I couldn't possibly get all of them off of him before he would surely die. So instead I spammed a couple wands and killed all the frogs in mere seconds. The warrior was overjoyed yet confused as to how I performed such a feat!

Lordgordon
04-16-2020, 11:36 AM
I used to kite all the phase spiders in DN with 10 wands with 144 charges, single handedly ruining the price of PSC.

Videri
04-16-2020, 11:49 AM
What are some of the spots they’re using wands to level? I’ve seen Kelethin guards get wanded, and I’ve heard of OOT specs, but what else?

Canelek
04-16-2020, 01:16 PM
What are some of the spots they’re using wands to level? I’ve seen Kelethin guards get wanded, and I’ve heard of OOT specs, but what else?

Oasis specs for sure. Great spot for lvl 1 assling rogue.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 01:45 PM
Oasis specs for sure. Great spot for lvl 1 assling rogue.

that is not an efficient use the max red con exp u can get is +6 lvls u are wasting a lot of clicks and recharges, imo start specs at 30 as a rogue with RWW

Videri
04-16-2020, 01:49 PM
the max red con exp u can get is +6 lvls

Quite true, quite true.

Canelek
04-16-2020, 02:48 PM
Correct!

Octopath
04-16-2020, 04:14 PM
that is not an efficient use the max red con exp u can get is +6 lvls u are wasting a lot of clicks and recharges, imo start specs at 30 as a rogue with RWW

Not to mention they would resist every click

Also be careful with specs. You will always have lurkers waiting to steal your wands during recharge. If you don’t have a form of see Invis or tracking you won’t have a good time.

Make sure when you open vendor you wait a few secs. Keep the lurkers in their toes. Sometimes they will bind at vendor but be somewhere nearby. Once you hit vendor they gate and before you even realize what’s going on, they have already bought up your wands.

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 04:23 PM
I remember in 2011 or so when RWW was fashionable there were a few rnf threads, this too shall pass

Bigsham
04-16-2020, 05:52 PM
Who cares get a job if this is what you are worried about. At least TRY to move out of your parents house

magnetaress
04-16-2020, 05:58 PM
Who cares get a job if this is what you are worried about. At least TRY to move out of your parents house

Don't need one thanks. :D :rolleyes:

Vizax_Xaziv
04-16-2020, 10:29 PM

Pretty much every quaddable camp is now being permafarmed by filthy Wanders

DMN
04-16-2020, 11:35 PM
Ya, it sucks. I really don't like this part of green since it feels so unclassic, in spirit anyway, but then so does 829239862 enchanters and 12 hybrids online.

You really never can return home.

Jibartik
04-17-2020, 12:18 AM
You really never can return home.

This is why I respect the people that are trying new things, like leveling with RWW's and AoE raiding the planes and hopefully chardok, these are awesome mechanics, that all players should get to experience.

You cant re-create the feelings we had back in the day, but we can enjoy the game we love without trying to remove parts of it.

My 2 copper :o

magnetaress
04-17-2020, 06:51 AM
This is why I respect the people that are trying new things, like leveling with RWW's and AoE raiding the planes and hopefully chardok, these are awesome mechanics, that all players should get to experience.

You cant re-create the feelings we had back in the day, but we can enjoy the game we love without trying to remove parts of it.

My 2 copper :o
https://i.imgur.com/CXATB2p.gif
;):cool::D