PDA

View Full Version : Seriously? Beyonce?

kaev
04-02-2020, 12:46 AM
If there was any justice in the world of p99 they'd ban all 37 of your accounts for 30 days just for you being such a shameless asshat.

magnetaress
04-02-2020, 05:56 AM
beyonce plays eq?

ravinz
04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
Beyoncé does the whole paying to be pl'd thingy.

Tuljin
04-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Beyoncé does the whole paying to be pl'd thingy.

lolllllll

Selene
04-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Kaev, please spell out exactly what I did wrong. I made a wizzy named Beyonce just yesterday and have been leveling her up by myself....never got powerleveled and am level 7 currently. Before you spit out server-wide slander, I'd like you to spell out exactly what your accusation is?

I've been thinking over what I could've possibly done to annoy someone on EQ since I made the toon and I can't even think of anything. Never even had a camp to contest yet anyway

Selene
04-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Unless, you're thinking of someone who used the name before I created the character yesterday? Because this is my first time playing with this name, and have never had more than 1 account. The guides/GMs can verify this.

Tuljin
04-02-2020, 04:31 PM
There's this new thing on Green where people get really upset about names that aren't fantasy themed and they go "tell on you." According to the naming policy that was very loosely enforced until recently you can't have names after famous people in real life or even spell those names backwards.

In how many years on Blue it was never "a thing" unless your name was blatantly offensive. Its always been part of "the rules" but it was never enforced. It is now only enforceable by players reporting to GMs then you have to change your name.

Of all the "rules" neckbeards on this server are going to care about its not exploiting clickies its....names lol. Its pretty ridiculous really

Selene
04-02-2020, 04:35 PM
Oh i see. Except Beyonce is a real name and its French, why can't that be fantasy themed? However, if the GMs do wish me to change my name I am happy to do so. I don't understand why Kaev had to be so upset and then accuse me as if I have "37 accounts"? Like seriously, that is really messed up.

Kaev you should be ashamed of yourself

Tuljin
04-02-2020, 04:39 PM
You made a good case for your name being just a regular French name but really the GMs are judge jury and executioner when it comes down to whether or not you can keep it. It would never hold up in court if anybody ever wanted to sue the powers that be because of this issue.

Of all the crazy stupid shit that goes on on this server I really "don't get it" when people get really mad about names that aren't overtly racist or offensive. Its ridiculous.

It seems one of every two names on this server is something like "Dank Nugs" or "Moist Vagina" or "Helenhealsalot" or "Pullyn Trains" and theres really nothing that can be done to effectively enforce it. And someones gonna go get really mad your name is...Beyonce. Unbelievable.

Tarsonis
04-02-2020, 04:43 PM
I had a char on green named similar but not correct spelling of kim khardashian and that day I did my surename the staff took it from me....just a week ago a high lvl bard in Kingdom I saw has a name similar but not all the way correct spelling to billie eilish and apparently its ok...
Perhaps its just the ppl you know and rub elbos with that determines if your name gets nerfed?

Tarsonis
04-02-2020, 04:45 PM
In short...if other ppl get to have names not spelt totally correctly of ppl in real life then I want my dang last name Khardashian back on my toon staff!

Tuljin
04-02-2020, 04:47 PM
You can't even have misspelled names of famous people. They're "getting away with it" because they haven't been caught by a butthurt nerd that reports them to the staff.

Christina.
04-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Please ignore this guy, he's probably one of those players who runs around with names like WrekYou or Crymoreplz. I actually have the name Beyonce saved on blue lol I made it back in 2011 that's why I'm commenting cause I found it funny. it's sweet to get those names. An it's actually a real name, not just some celebrities but he probably wouldn't know that.

I have Rihanna somewhere too. He's clearly a hater and a shit starter by the look of things..your not bothering anyone minding your business while he's not minding his.

strongNpretty
04-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Come up with a better name next time.

Christina.
04-02-2020, 05:11 PM
Come up with a better name next time.

You go around people threads talking about eating raw meat, lifting weights and muscles. Your a fuckin weirdo lol. You have 23 post and every single one of them is a troll. Scram.

Selene
04-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Please ignore this guy, he's probably one of those players who runs around with names like WrekYou or Crymoreplz. I actually have the name Beyonce saved on blue lol I made it back in 2011 that's why I'm commenting cause I found it funny. it's sweet to get those names. An it's actually a real name, not just some celebrities but he probably wouldn't know that.

I have Rihanna somewhere too. He's clearly a hater and a shit starter by the look of things..your not bothering anyone minding your business while he's not minding his.

Thank you, Christina. I just thought based on the way Kaev wrote his post and called me a "shameless asshat" that maybe I had done something or said something rude in the game, which I could not recall after thinking over that toon's short 24 hours of life. I certainly don't want people thinking less of me because of some baseless accusation about my behavior. I try to be nice to people, so that took me by surprise!

Tuljin
04-02-2020, 05:15 PM
I try to be nice to people, so that took me by surprise!

Well I guess you see how far being "nice to people" gets you on P99 lol =)

BarackObooma
04-02-2020, 05:30 PM
I ported level 1 Beyonce out of Toxx last night on my druid. They were very appreciative of the assistance. Didn't get any bad vibes at all. Grats on getting 7 so quickly!
The OP on the other hand has a mother that smells of elderberries.

Menehune

strongNpretty
04-02-2020, 05:46 PM
You go around people threads talking about eating raw meat, lifting weights and muscles. Your a fuckin weirdo lol. You have 23 post and every single one of them is a troll. Scram.

Yeah, you tell him Christina!!

solleks
04-02-2020, 09:01 PM
i have a char named Totalpeckerface and he eats raw hamburger meat true story

magnetaress
04-02-2020, 10:47 PM
i have a char named Totalpeckerface and he eats raw hamburger meat true story

<3

Tethler
04-02-2020, 11:35 PM
I had a char on green named similar but not correct spelling of kim khardashian and that day I did my surename the staff took it from me....just a week ago a high lvl bard in Kingdom I saw has a name similar but not all the way correct spelling to billie eilish and apparently its ok...
Perhaps its just the ppl you know and rub elbos with that determines if your name gets nerfed?

I saw that Billie Eilish bard running around. Super cringy name, but I'm not taking the time to report any names that aren't incredibly offensive.

fadetree
04-03-2020, 09:33 AM
The only way to really fix this (although I personally don't care about names), would be to remove the ability to control your own name at character creation and just make you stick to the game created names. We know that's never going to happen, and we know that the GMs are not going to be able to really police the situation effectively, so..it is what it is and I think if the names are truly offensive (racist/sexist/overly sexually explicit, etc.) then we should report them and let the GMs have at it, and otherwise just not worry about it.

Vidar
04-03-2020, 04:09 PM
If there was any justice in the world of p99 they'd ban all 37 of your accounts for 30 days just for you being such a shameless asshat.

I completely agree with you. I saw a Toon on green today with the name Clayface Batman...i hate that shit. This isnt Call of Duty.

Apparently not many people care, but it has always bothered me. Might as well name your toon dikfuksuk. It isnt funny or witty. Its just lazy and stupid.

If people could they would play a toon that was a walking dildo. I just dont get it. What is the point of playing a fantasy game if you just name your Character Obama or Beyonce or Justin Beiber or Coke or Pepsi. Or xXLegolasXx Xgandalf.

Are you one of the idiots that name your kids Apple or Blanket?

I just started lvling a druid. I think im gonna refuse ports/buffs to people with stupid names.

Topgunben
04-03-2020, 04:18 PM

Has anyone take the name Shamless Asshat yet? Asking for a friend.

galach
04-03-2020, 04:25 PM
Beyonce nothing more than a halo now.

reznor_
04-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Beyonce nothing more than a halo now.

F

Ripqozko
04-03-2020, 04:40 PM
F

Evets
04-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Move to rnf

reznor_
04-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Move to rnf

Maybe try moving to Phinegel first.

Gustoo
04-03-2020, 04:48 PM
It takes like zero seconds to rename. So it just takes blasting thru a list. Its probably more helpful if person is online.

I had a mean monk named "yourgunnadie" on rallos in 2000 a guide renamed him. After some back and forth he was renamed to Slax which at the time irked me, but in retrospect is a pretty dope name.

Thanks rallos zek guide from 2000.

Vidar
04-03-2020, 04:55 PM
It takes like zero seconds to rename. So it just takes blasting thru a list. Its probably more helpful if person is online.

I had a mean monk named "yourgunnadie" on rallos in 2000 a guide renamed him. After some back and forth he was renamed to Slax which at the time irked me, but in retrospect is a pretty dope name.

Thanks rallos zek guide from 2000.

*Youregunnadie*

Rpruett
04-17-2020, 09:44 PM
I completely agree with you. I saw a Toon on green today with the name Clayface Batman...i hate that shit. This isnt Call of Duty.

Apparently not many people care, but it has always bothered me. Might as well name your toon dikfuksuk. It isnt funny or witty. Its just lazy and stupid.

If people could they would play a toon that was a walking dildo. I just dont get it. What is the point of playing a fantasy game if you just name your Character Obama or Beyonce or Justin Beiber or Coke or Pepsi. Or xXLegolasXx Xgandalf.

Are you one of the idiots that name your kids Apple or Blanket?

I just started lvling a druid. I think im gonna refuse ports/buffs to people with stupid names.

You're right - we need more great, impactful names like Oakthorn Leafhead and Jibobr Rigrjgr. THAT really makes this game "great" and immersive. :rolleyes: Why stop there? Why not go after guild names that don't follow naming conventions? Dial a Port? Seems kind of problematic for a fantasy, role playing game to me.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-17-2020, 10:26 PM
Yea and my Bard, Rickymartin Formerlatinpostar, is also just a generic Hispanic name

Kendir
04-17-2020, 11:35 PM
You can keep the name Beyonce but only if your surname is going to be Gnolls.

Porcoa
04-18-2020, 11:30 AM
You can keep the name Beyonce but only if your surname is going to be Gnolls.

finally, something worth reading in this thread.