PDA

View Full Version : Most fun?

RevSaber
04-01-2020, 08:37 PM
I might return here and give green a little try. Looking to try a class I've never tried before. I'm thinking wizard, mage or maybe monk.

What was your most fun class learning/leveling that you hadn't tried before?

Jibartik
04-01-2020, 09:15 PM
Have you ever played a bard?

You can track, and run, and slice things without mana. You can solo almost anything you can land a spell on outdoors and you can wear cool armor! And as a bonus your armor is pretty much totally just for show because the class is so OP at killing stuff outdoors you can do it naked just fine.

It's a fun class because its just about fun EQ barbie action. If you want to dress like a ranger in leather? Go for it! Maybe a dark vampire darkelf in black plate? By all means, it's up to you! You can change it on the fly! Dress for the occasion. Swords, daggers, magic, flutes who cares its up to you!

When you feel the need for some dungeon crawling, find a group and mana battery while you slice or poke things, or just walk around looking and pretending you're like whatever class you feel like then and there.

For just playing around in the world of Norrath, and killing stuff and talking to NPC's and things and hunting for rare armadillos, a bard is the funnest!

Cen
04-01-2020, 09:48 PM
I have a lot of characters, and nothing has ever been as interesting as a bard when its leveled up with every ability in the book. The only things you can't do are like.. be invisible to undead and teleport across the world or bind/gate or permanent pet. Everything else you can do :p

Issar
04-01-2020, 11:09 PM
Bards, jack of all trades, king of run!

RevSaber
04-02-2020, 07:43 AM
No thanks, on the Bard front. Always get to lvl 10 and am like "eff this carpal tunnel shit"

Christina.
04-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Always get to lvl 10 and am like "eff this carpal tunnel shit"

Lmao, I've never played a bard in my 20 years either. I want to one day tho.

Benanov
04-02-2020, 09:28 AM
I have a lot of characters, and nothing has ever been as interesting as a bard when its leveled up with every ability in the book. The only things you can't do are like.. be invisible to undead and teleport across the world or bind/gate or permanent pet. Everything else you can do :p

You also can't type much in groups. Which can be a bonus. ;)

Christina.
04-02-2020, 11:00 AM
I've never played bard, cleric, paladin.

magnetaress
04-02-2020, 11:23 AM
If you want ports, wizard is amazing, its a very patient class, so don't expect to be lvl 50 anytime soon and it takes a lot of time, effort, and velious gear to be able to camp really high end nameds (though u can use a wizard to twink a character as there are plenty of options, and plat loot available to them solo). And expect to look for out of the way spots to level in, unless you are a very social player.

Mage is super self sufficient and everyone adores them. You will be spoiled.

Wiz has more options later in life.

Cleric can be cool, but everyone will want you to heal and you will be scorned at for specializing in evokation and AoEing witht he 'word' line.

As you are returning you will feel the need to make 1000x alts, so get any character to lvl 20 and give your alts 500p to start, and u will be able to have zero problems.

kjs86z
04-02-2020, 12:37 PM
enchanter or necro

Ivory
04-02-2020, 06:15 PM
I had surprising fun with a cleric.... but a battle cleric!! Who was trying to be a paladin.

Also ranger, being a pure archer was much fun.

And ...rogue!! Sneakin around is the maximum fun!

Swish
04-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Shadow Knight

There's not much to it but learning the best ways to keep aggro, what spells to use when and tab-targeting/cycling to keep any potential strays coming my way took a while and was a lot of fun.

Add in feign death, Harm Touch and the whole evil thing.... I dunno, most fun I had, and I've still got to finish 59 :D

Keebz
04-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Warrior really surprised me with how fun it was. You feel like a BAMF, esp. if you have half decent gear, taking hits like a champ, dps-ing like a champ, you also have plenty of time to be social and / or boss the group around, everyone wants you in their group to begin with, etc. etc.

I bet monk is fun too, but haven't tried one yet.

Ranger was really fun until 45 or so, when mobs start wrecking, most leveling spots are indoors, and no one wants you in their group because omg exp penalty. Unrest and MM were super tight though.

Bard is really fun, but AoE kiting in circles is _not_. Barding well generally means never talking to anyone in your group, and bodily pain for some people, so YMMV.

Necro is on my list to try next. I suspect it's a good time.

Jibartik
04-02-2020, 08:32 PM
If bard is no go, I'm gonna say monk.

That is my other funnest class tbh, you can really do basically anything and most of the things you have to do are either chill and dps and watch your group get killed during bad pulls.

Or go explore in dungeons and pull mobs while they kill things and get EXP for you.

I recommend monk based on OP's original post and replies.

Sad you will miss a guise though! (mebbe!)

solleks
04-03-2020, 07:47 AM
Druid is probably the most fun. You can do anything with anyone anytime. Help out low players with buffs. Hop around the world take people with you. Get exp if you want and be a hobbit

Christina.
04-03-2020, 07:50 AM
I'm thinking wizard, MAGE, or Monk

What was your most fun class

If you are going to main a magician, they are awesome but most show their true colors and their mages end up shelved before kunark. If you go mage know that what / when to summon will distinguish you from the other mages. Sounds funny but utilized right you can make some huge plays. I've saved my group multiple times from whipes cause i knew how to effectively chain summon instead of panic. Gating to a zone out and CoHing your group in a bind will have them smiling too. :) we're great and we have the only epic that can summon Thanos. However, 100 mages to 1 give up lmao