PDA

View Full Version : Wizards on Green

Eshez
03-31-2020, 01:22 PM
I have a question for the wizards on green.

I currently have a mage around level 30 and I get groups pretty easily. I considered making a wizard but have been reluctant since rains are broken. Do you find it fairly easy to get groups? I like the dungeon grind the best.

thanks

Vizax_Xaziv
03-31-2020, 04:11 PM
You will have a considerably more difficult time finding groups as a Wizard in comparison to your Mage. Mages are a top-tier group DPS while Wizards are (in the opinion of most P99 players) and bottom-tier grouping class.

That said you certainly CAN get groups:

As a Wizard you'll wanna make a name for yourself as a good player and build an extensive friends list. My Blue Wizard is 54 now and probably 95% of the grouping I did on him was with guildees and people I'd grouped with numerous times before.

You'll also have to be alot more proactively LFGing. Don't expect your Wizard to get random tells from PUGs asking you to join them.

Christina.
03-31-2020, 04:16 PM
What the player above me said.

Eshez
03-31-2020, 04:23 PM
This was also my experience on the TLPs. Was very hard to level up. Once I was geared out and had lots of AA's in PoP though it was easy get groups. This is a whole different animal though.

Thanks, I was just wondering if the experience was different here.

Swish
03-31-2020, 04:39 PM
If you're casting rains in a group situation you'll be annoying the tank, the enchanter/bard and probably the healer :p

Jimjam
03-31-2020, 04:47 PM
It's worth it though when kobold noble charms you and you wipe the group.

xpolkx
04-01-2020, 06:04 PM
50 wizard here, I solo'd past lvl 29. Pre 30 wasn't too hard to find a group and if I couldn't find one I'd make one.

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 06:45 PM
50 wizard here, I solo'd past lvl 29. Pre 30 wasn't too hard to find a group and if I couldn't find one I'd make one.

ya the bonus being wizards can port around to gather members from all the contenents, so if your friends list is big, it gets easier

Videri
04-01-2020, 10:39 PM
In what way are rains broken? In my experience, root breaks too often for it to be worth it.

The good thing is, wizards are fun. You'll get groups, and you can solo. However, there will be a lot of downtime. You'll have to beg for a lot of SoWs, and possibly rezzes too. Despite all that, I found playing Seaglass on Blue in 2019 to be quite fun. As a social player, I had plenty of fun during downtime.

Christina.
04-01-2020, 11:00 PM
And this goes for ANY class....

If you cannot find a group, make one.