PDA

View Full Version : There are also a lot of illegal names on green..

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 07:32 PM
yikes

Albanwr
03-30-2020, 07:44 PM
call the cops!

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 07:49 PM
Trihardah
Driud

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 09:27 PM
'Save Yourself' <HR>

BTW I am only reporting names I find particularly offensive to myself.

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 10:14 PM
Micropenies....

Saw GM Medris gettin him gud lol

kaev
03-31-2020, 02:10 AM
is this a competitive sport? what's the prize for the grand champion?

Swish
03-31-2020, 03:14 AM
What's the word on names like Iloxoll ?

Izmael
03-31-2020, 04:53 AM

Perfectly valid fantasy name?

Tethler
03-31-2020, 04:56 AM
is this a competitive sport? what's the prize for the grand champion?

A swift name change

BlackBellamy
03-31-2020, 10:11 AM
'Save Yourself' <HR>

BTW I am only reporting names I find particularly offensive to myself.

Making yourself feel a little bit better knowing you made someone's day a little bit shittier? How long does that last?

magnetaress
03-31-2020, 10:44 AM
Perfectly valid fantasy name?

Ya ixlottlal is kewl as fux

A swift name change

I want to see everyones best efforts at spotting illegal names in this thread. U get the most killshots by kunark drop an u get 10 free manastones.

Making yourself feel a little bit better knowing you made someone's day a little bit shittier? How long does that last?

I was triggered by Human Resources implications. And the Save thing. Like I don't need HR to save me xude. They are so terrible at deciding who is right and wrong. It seems like this player is MASQUARADING as something they are not, A GM perhaps.

https://i.imgur.com/42c7Uil.png

K see this is what I am talking about - wtf....

galach
03-31-2020, 11:22 AM
We rely on player reports for name violations. Please petition if you see a name that violates the naming policy.

Kohedron
03-31-2020, 11:23 AM
Or, this server has rules in place made by people giving you something for free. So, sorry for helping people giving you something for free?

larper99
03-31-2020, 11:41 AM

I actually grouped with that guy recently. What is the reference, other than it is a heck of a name to read? If it is some sort of gamer 133t reference, I don't speak 133t.

magnetaress
03-31-2020, 12:05 PM
We rely on player reports for name violations. Please petition if you see a name that violates the naming policy.

I very much appreciate your response. I apologize if this thread seemed like a call to action for the GMs to respond.

I just wanted to create a fun thread for players to participate in and bring more awareness to the player base about naming. More like a game of find the worst naming violation egg hunt.

Anyway you all do a fantastic job already and deserve a ton of credit. There's really very few egregious violations that slip through the cracks. P99 is really good at creating a fun and immersive elf environment and the Staff are a very big part of that.

The best I hope and pray for is that a few people think twice about how they will feel with a really divisive or anatomically provocative name and how other players will feel. Being considerate, thoughtful, and caring are very important values of mine.

Thank you!

Indecisive
03-31-2020, 12:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Jgs4g6Y.gif

Canelek
03-31-2020, 01:14 PM
Please keep complaints to racist, lazy or horribly misspelled names.

Don't fuck with silly-ass names otherwise.

magnetaress
03-31-2020, 01:55 PM
Please keep complaints to racist, lazy or horribly misspelled names.

Don't fuck with silly-ass names otherwise.

Understood.

/thread

Jimjam
03-31-2020, 02:20 PM
horribly misspelled names.

Do you mean like 'nonphixion' (non fiction)?

Does 'Twofor' count as a harmless silly name? (I haven't reported either).

Tethler
03-31-2020, 11:23 PM

I remember seeing a female wood elf (or high elf, I forget) on blue a few years ago named "Barbieghurrl" or something close to it. That one stuck with me because the spelling made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

cd288
03-31-2020, 11:28 PM

Driud isn’t an illegal name.

Why the heck would Save Yourself be “offensive” to you? You need more things to occupy your time

pirate23
04-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Driud isn’t an illegal name.

Why the heck would Save Yourself be “offensive” to you? You need more things to occupy your time

It's not about being offensive, its a naming convention that you agree to follow when you click that little button to play. You people overreact too much. I"m sure you speed, pass stopped school buses and lick the deli meat.

Jimjam
04-01-2020, 08:47 AM
I remember seeing a female wood elf (or high elf, I forget) on blue a few years ago named "Barbieghurrl" or something close to it. That one stuck with me because the spelling made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

You could say it made you 'hurrl'!

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Hurrl is appropriate for a troll or ogre, maybe even a dworf, but Barbie(TM)(c)(inc) is not appropriate for an elf.

rewinder47
04-01-2020, 09:50 AM
It's not about being offensive, its a naming convention that you agree to follow when you click that little button to play. You people overreact too much. I"m sure you speed, pass stopped school buses and lick the deli meat.

I'm sure you reminded the teacher when she forgot to assign homework before the bell rang, and you correct cashiers when you notice the person ahead of you was about to get charged less than they should have been.

I can't believe there's actually a thread dedicated to snitching on people for the crime of trying to having a name that makes people laugh. Because we all know there are many roleplayers on this server, and all 3 of them are having their I M M E R S I O N ruined.

Indecisive
04-01-2020, 09:50 AM
I"m sure you speed

Outside of a residential area, who doesn't speed? What are you, 100?

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 10:29 AM
I'm sure you reminded the teacher when she forgot to assign homework before the bell rang, and you correct cashiers when you notice the person ahead of you was about to get charged less than they should have been.

I can't believe there's actually a thread dedicated to snitching on people for the crime of trying to having a name that makes people laugh. Because we all know there are many roleplayers on this server, and all 3 of them are having their I M M E R S I O N ruined.

Outside of a residential area, who doesn't speed? What are you, 100?

My feelings were hurt very deeply by these reckless and thoughtless posts that have left me emotionally maimed.

Please think of the elves and the health of this project and the sanity of the GMs. We have better things to do with our time than race to be the 1st at absolutely everything and to risk breaking copywrite or creating a hostile and toxic online environment with the names we choose. :cool:

I am so sorry for the mean responses I thought of, I hope this is sufficiently moderate.

Bondrake
04-01-2020, 10:35 AM
I very much appreciate your response. I apologize if this thread seemed like a call to action for the GMs to respond.

I just wanted to create a fun thread for players to participate in and bring more awareness to the player base about naming. More like a game of find the worst naming violation egg hunt.

Anyway you all do a fantastic job already and deserve a ton of credit. There's really very few egregious violations that slip through the cracks. P99 is really good at creating a fun and immersive elf environment and the Staff are a very big part of that.

The best I hope and pray for is that a few people think twice about how they will feel with a really divisive or anatomically provocative name and how other players will feel. Being considerate, thoughtful, and caring are very important values of mine.

Thank you!

You're a loser. lmao.

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 10:43 AM
You're a loser. lmao.

Thank you for your input. I am really glad I do not personally feel that way.

Is there some way I can help you not feel so negatively towards nice people like myself? :o

I would very much appreciate it if you stopped attempting to hurt my feelings. Because I want to see you thrive as an individual and Elf netizen.

drdrakes
04-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Passionfruit Poosicle?

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Passionfruit Poosicle?

Seems like a halflingish name to me. So. Maybe ok, for a halfling that worships bristlebane? I do not think Brell would approve. Definitely not Karana.

I am not sure about the surname.

Menden
04-01-2020, 12:15 PM
We're trying to keep Green as RP as possible when it comes to naming, but it's an uphill fight.

Canelek
04-01-2020, 12:24 PM

Good points Jimjam. I suppose intentional or learning disability-induced would be unfair to gauge objectively. These are difficult elf times.

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 12:27 PM
We're trying to keep Green as RP as possible when it comes to naming, but it's an uphill fight.

Good points Jimjam. I suppose intentional or learning disability-induced would be unfair to gauge objectively. These are difficult elf times.

Thank you both for your efforts!!! Supremely at this incredible task. Canelek and Jimjam for helping to figure out what is important in the naming decisions.

And Menden. I wish I had your stamina for this task.

https://i.imgur.com/2FaHEqk.png

Or are you trying to get P99 trolled with frivolous legal suites?

I want to you all to know I am not shaming you. I am just holding court, in a trial of public opinion by a jury of your peers as to what your motivations truly are. And how others feel about them.

This isn't about getting "Tyler's (?)" name changed. This is about seeking the truth.

Khaleesi
04-01-2020, 01:51 PM

It's a pretty ridiculous fight that doesn't need to happen especially as already endured a decade of blue names.

All the times Rogean or Nilbog or Sirken or Amelin...oh that's the name that shall not be spoken, talked about game master resources and wasting GMs time.

And yet...

Zal22
04-01-2020, 02:08 PM
I sort of agree with OP, but he/she plays on red.

Verdict is delete thread and ban OP.

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 02:09 PM
It's a pretty ridiculous fight that doesn't need to happen especially as already endured a decade of blue names.

All the times Rogean or Nilbog or Sirken or Amelin...oh that's the name that shall not be spoken, talked about game master resources and wasting GMs time.

And yet...

It could easily become a fairly automated task, if say each report vs a player was OCR scanned and queued into a file, once a player had say, 15 reports pending, and then a botted GM could log on and macro out the commands to randomly change their names to something fantasy appropriate. With a short PM sent to their login accounts email address. This seems like a fun project, maybe, IMO.

magnetaress
04-01-2020, 02:11 PM
I sort of agree with OP, but he/she plays on red.

Verdict is delete thread and ban OP.

You may delete the thread, but please don't ban me for sharing my feelings about important elf related subjects in a safe, kind, and thoughtful way.

And this is the internet, you can use whatever pronouns or adjectives you feel appropriate ! )

Well, except maybe racist ones.

ldgo86
04-01-2020, 02:24 PM
The only name I ever saw that I actively disliked was the Druid “Hatecrimes” on Blue

magnetaress
04-02-2020, 07:25 PM
After studying the problem intently the last few days I have discovered the one thing that is most apparent and obvious from a concrete and empirical perspective.

People with sassy names are usually: Really angry people, communists, the first to start and get on a /list, a member of an 'elite guild', didn't put all their starting points in charisma, believe Hollywood is a real place and not a druids name. And need to seek lots of help.

My recommendation for these people to heal, is to try red99, it is very accepting of oddly named characters like 'dickbutt'.

Videri
04-02-2020, 08:38 PM

Praise you.

Namowitz
04-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Trihardah is a legitimate role playing name.

Tethler
04-02-2020, 11:50 PM

And yet...

Rule-breakers don't get to complain about GM time being wasted when they are the cause of said wasted time.

Swish
04-03-2020, 02:59 AM
After studying the problem intently the last few days I have discovered the one thing that is most apparent and obvious from a concrete and empirical perspective.

People with sassy names are usually: Really angry people, communists, the first to start and get on a /list, a member of an 'elite guild', didn't put all their starting points in charisma, believe Hollywood is a real place and not a druids name. And need to seek lots of help.

My recommendation for these people to heal, is to try red99....

No thanks you can keep them.

Rpruett
04-17-2020, 09:37 PM
Lol -- this is a pathetic thread and pathetic OP. Personally -- had my surname taken. (One I've had for nearly a decade on Blue). Meanwhile name after name exists that can be considered a rule violation and it will continue.
Hell -- even the GM names are breaking naming conventions. (See Galach)

Why waste time on this? How does this improve the server? Classic EQ was not "roleplaying" to this degree, ever. Just incredibly pointless.

Vizax_Xaziv
04-17-2020, 10:28 PM

Word on that is u better be a solo class, cuz off people cant spell it name easily they WILL pass you over for group invites

TripSin
04-18-2020, 11:56 AM
I haven't been playing recently, but the naming situation on green/teal when I was was awful. Felt like every 1 in 3 people had a stupid, inappropriate name.

ldgo86
04-18-2020, 12:00 PM
I haven't been playing recently, but the naming situation on green/teal when I was was awful. Felt like every 1 in 3 people had a stupid, inappropriate name.

I feel like it’s 1 in 5. Shout out to the Erudite named Azzblaster in Qeynos Hills yesterday

TripSin
04-18-2020, 12:02 PM
I feel like it’s 1 in 5. Shout out to the Erudite named Azzblaster in Qeynos Hills yesterday

Ok yeah, I'm probably overexaggerating.

Tnair
04-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Is there actual GM interest in enforcing the naming policy? I've been assuming the current staff has several higher priorities and/or personally disagrees with the rule. Because it seems like more than half the people on green violate the name rules.

EDIT: that'll teach me to post before I read all the way through the thread

BlackBellamy
04-18-2020, 02:15 PM
Is there actual GM interest in enforcing the naming policy? I've been assuming the current staff has several higher priorities and/or personally disagrees with the rule. Because it seems like more than half the people on green violate the name rules.

EDIT: that'll teach me to post before I read all the way through the thread

No there isn't. The naming policy is used as a weapon by disaffected whoevers to punish people they have a beef with. Like if some guy was really aggressive about wanting your camp and the next day a GM shows up to change your name, that's why.

You can have a GM standing in the middle of Yousuxxors and Ihavebeef and whatever and they won't do anything at all. But if they get a petition from someone who hates you, they're right on it.

fastboy21
04-18-2020, 07:43 PM
The purge is coming.

Videri
04-18-2020, 07:49 PM
You can have a GM standing in the middle of Yousuxxors and Ihavebeef and whatever and they won't do anything at all. But if they get a petition from someone who hates you, they're right on it.

Why would you say this and get on the volunteer staff’s bad side?

Petition the worst names; otherwise the staff won’t be able to take action. They’ll get to it at some point.

The purge is coming.

Rpruett
04-18-2020, 08:10 PM
Why would you say this and get on the volunteer staff’s bad side?

Petition the worst names; otherwise the staff won’t be able to take action. They’ll get to it at some point.

If it's good for one -- it's good for all. Or it's not good at all. Otherwise it's subjective as hell.

Why petition non offensive names at all? Why should we petition some and then allow others (Let's say : Seaglass) continue to exist? It's just a pretty absurd concept that does nothing but deter people from enjoying the hard work and effort that have gone into the recreation of this game. I don't see how that better serves this community in any possible way?

Fix the raid scene, the camping of items scene, the RMT scene, etc. Just truly such a waste of time/energy and if you REALLY wanted to fix the problem, prevent all these 'naughty names' up front prior to character creation and at surname generation.

Videri
04-20-2020, 02:43 AM
If it's good for one -- it's good for all. Or it's not good at all. Otherwise it's subjective as hell.

Why petition non offensive names at all? Why should we petition some and then allow others (Let's say : Seaglass) continue to exist? It's just a pretty absurd concept that does nothing but deter people from enjoying the hard work and effort that have gone into the recreation of this game. I don't see how that better serves this community in any possible way?

Fix the raid scene, the camping of items scene, the RMT scene, etc. Just truly such a waste of time/energy and if you REALLY wanted to fix the problem, prevent all these 'naughty names' up front prior to character creation and at surname generation.

Which part of the naming policy (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651&highlight=naming) does Seaglass break?

And why petition non-offensive names that violate the naming policy? GMs said to, so I assume they want us to.

Please petition names that violate the project 1999 rules. We rely on player reports for things such as this.

And the staff are fixing things. They just fixed some of the biggest exploits in the game. Name reports don't bog down the staff. They help the staff.

Rpruett
04-20-2020, 03:05 AM
Which part of the naming policy (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651&highlight=naming) does Seaglass break? I don't think you understand the rules.

Why petition non-offensive names that violate the naming policy? GMs said to, so I assume they want us to.

I understand them very clearly --- and understand that if truly they were accurately enforced in the way that is described, then this game would be a sterile wasteland of boring pet like names. But see, the way it's enforced now, it's just used as a weapon by other players.

Seaglass easily breaks the below :
- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or
concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).

Videri
04-20-2020, 03:07 AM
I understand them very clearly --- and understand that if truly they were accurately enforced in the way that is described, then this game would be a sterile wasteland of boring pet like names. But see, the way it's enforced now, it's just used as a weapon by other players.

Seaglass easily breaks the below :
- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or
concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).

I've never heard of a brand called Seaglass. The concept of sea glass is far more famous than any brand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_glass

And the naming policy is, in fact, enforced. The staff continue to change a lot of terrible names.

Jimjam
04-20-2020, 03:13 AM
It's a mispelling of 'Seagull ass'. Clearly. Contains forbidden word 'Ass' (anatomical reference). Also anagram of 'Sea Slags' (misspelling of slur). Contains title 'Lass'. The phrase 'Seaglass' is not fitting with a high fantasy environment. - if it isn't clear I'm being facetious and don't believe your name is against the spirit of the rule.

My point being, pretty much any name can be contorted as being against the naming policy with jumps of logic. Hell, it's easy to accidently break.

I remember my surprise when I discovered my own blue warrior's name 'Jimjam' was actually the name of a childrens' television channel in Greece (and I'm sure other nations). No one knows all the Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts; as such it is easy to break this rule accidently, as I appeared to have.

There are so many 'good faith' violations of this rule, it must be difficult to know the line on where to reinforce it.

Baler
04-20-2020, 03:24 AM
The purge is coming.

It's not... Llandris is on his way out and the people on their way in don't feel the same.

:(

It's a new era for P99, Staff are the rulers of our fantasy.

Rpruett
04-20-2020, 03:28 AM
I've never heard of a brand called Seaglass. The concept of sea glass is far more famous than any brand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_glass

They change terrible names all the time.

Just one example -- http://www.seaglasscarousel.nyc/ -- Popular entertainment attraction in the USA's largest city? Popular enough they decided to register it. https://www3.wipo.int/branddb/en/#

Oh -- so now you're suggesting there's layers to how it's applied? (See subjectivity) You're suggesting a subjective area of 'grey' because you believe your name doesn't violate rules. I don't know your intentions, but I do know the brand is trademarked.

Seems like a pretty crystal clear rule break to me. Otherwise, it's no different than say the name "Playboy" then right?

Baler
04-20-2020, 03:30 AM
honestly at this point,.. who cares about names.
It's pretty clear if you look at EC tunnel the naming policy is dot dot dot

Videri
04-20-2020, 03:30 AM
Good thing there are more reasonable people enforcing the rules.

Rpruett
04-20-2020, 03:41 AM
Good thing there are more reasonable people enforcing the rules.

To be clear -- I'm not advocating for you to lose your name. Quite the opposite.
I believe only offensive names should be removed. IMO -- Beyonce Gnolls would be hilarious and should stay.

But to the previous posters point, this is being used in a weaponized way.
Encounter an issue with a player? A few days later, A GM shows up and removes/changes a portion of your name.

So if it's going to work in that manner -- then let's equally apply these rules.
I lost my name I've had for about a decade on blue meanwhile I walk through the game and see hundreds of rules violations.

Videri
04-20-2020, 10:55 AM
Sounds like not enough people are reporting garbage names.

Report them all and let the staff sort them out.

Geomance22
04-20-2020, 12:51 PM
to be fair the names we got away with years ago were way worse, there was a huge escalation in enforcement a few years ago and many tears took place

but still not enough for some people? relax on live it wasnt as enforced as strictly as it already is being here

Bigsham
04-20-2020, 08:28 PM
can we make transgenders illegal on the forum and in game?

Quest318
04-20-2020, 09:03 PM
Illegal names ? lol

I don't know about that.

But, heres a screenshot for you.

https://imgur.com/tzTUU39

This is what happens at like 4am in Gfay when the green population goes from 1548 to 2:D

Some bored individual has also decided to litter the Grobb zoneline with lvl 1 Troll carcasses as well.

Bigsham
04-21-2020, 12:30 PM
LOL

BlackBellamy
04-21-2020, 12:41 PM
I just want to say that as server staff that complaints about names would annoy me the most. I got people stuck or loot has gone missing or someone can't play at all and meanwhile here comes some name whine across my screen.

I mean I wouldn't have a naming policy like this to begin with. Fantasy names? rofl. If there's one thing that not studying law for 40 years has taught me is loose rules are always bad. What does fantasy or appropriate to Norrath even mean?

Not my server, not my rules, not a GM.

Tnair
04-21-2020, 01:27 PM

????????

HandOfFate
04-21-2020, 05:54 PM
Who cares?

Rpruett
04-22-2020, 02:21 PM
I just want to say that as server staff that complaints about names would annoy me the most. I got people stuck or loot has gone missing or someone can't play at all and meanwhile here comes some name whine across my screen.

I mean I wouldn't have a naming policy like this to begin with. Fantasy names? rofl. If there's one thing that not studying law for 40 years has taught me is loose rules are always bad. What does fantasy or appropriate to Norrath even mean?

Not my server, not my rules, not a GM.

Absolutely. Even worse than being vague, it's unevenly applied. All a GM would need to do is walk through literally ANY zone to find dozens and dozens of inappropriate or rule breaking names.

It's pretty absurd.

GardylooGubbins
04-22-2020, 04:00 PM

What does that even mean?

Nirgon
04-22-2020, 04:20 PM
does this person play on this server

Panik
04-22-2020, 06:39 PM
They got me last night!!! RIP Carolbaskins....

Frug
04-23-2020, 09:36 AM
Who cares?

Scroll back 7 pages.

Dolalin
04-23-2020, 10:40 AM
What does that even mean?

I wonder how P99 stacks up:

Main Character and Highest Level Character

Only a minority (13.3%, N=898) of EQ players have a character of the opposite gender as their main character (character currently used the most). Male players, however, are significantly more likely than female players to have a main character of the opposite gender (%male(731)=15.7, %female(158)=2.5, p<.001).

http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/genderbend.html#2

BlackBellamy
04-23-2020, 11:36 AM
I wonder how P99 stacks up:

http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/genderbend.html#2

I always play a female characters because issues.

Nah bro, I'm solid as a rock. I just want to fuck my toon. I waited 20 hours for a Guise so I could get harder.

BlackBellamy
04-23-2020, 11:38 AM
It's also my theory that anyone who chooses Gnome as a race is a pedophile.

magnetaress
04-23-2020, 11:55 AM

magnetaress
04-23-2020, 12:00 PM
All of my characters are Asexual masochists. I don't box myself into female or male terms.

magnetaress
04-23-2020, 12:07 PM
The real dangerous players everyone should typically avoid are the high elf enchanters though. Man those guys... yikes.

Vidar
04-23-2020, 04:27 PM
I just want to say Thank You to the devs for enforcing the naming policy. Everquest is a high fantasy game. Character names should try and be high fantasy as well. If the NPC's in game had names like Obama and dumptruck and joggingpants it would take away from the game. PC names are the same. It does matter.

Things will never be perfect. Some names will fall through the cracks etc. But it IS a step in the right direction.

So Thank You! Devs

And to everyone trying to bully people in this thread for being nerds and losers because you dont get to name your toon Diksukfuk and because we dont agree with you(and YOU are breaking the rules) Shut up. Follow the rules. It isnt hard. This isnt call of duty. Dont name your character something dumb cuz you think its funny and then complain because the name gets changed. That's on you. You know the rules. Follow them.

Bigsham
04-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Joggingpants Dumptruck and Obama are great names !

solleks
04-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Saw a gnome named Littldiok Mclikkins

solleks
04-23-2020, 05:37 PM
Also p sure i saw Gnome named Baaldenhorni Steaalinyomonies

Swish
04-23-2020, 05:57 PM
There's people with pornstar names etc. That's just asking for it.

branamil
04-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Oh no, the sanctity of my 16 bit elf land is compromised

Swish
04-23-2020, 06:24 PM
Oh no, the sanctity of my 16 bit elf land is compromised

https://i.imgur.com/TGc6lQP.gif

Videri
04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
I just want to say Thank You to the devs for enforcing the naming policy. Everquest is a high fantasy game. Character names should try and be high fantasy as well. If the NPC's in game had names like Obama and dumptruck and joggingpants it would take away from the game. PC names are the same. It does matter.

Things will never be perfect. Some names will fall through the cracks etc. But it IS a step in the right direction.

So Thank You! Devs

And to everyone trying to bully people in this thread for being nerds and losers because you dont get to name your toon Diksukfuk and because we dont agree with you(and YOU are breaking the rules) Shut up. Follow the rules. It isnt hard. This isnt call of duty. Dont name your character something dumb cuz you think its funny and then complain because the name gets changed. That's on you. You know the rules. Follow them.

Hear, hear.

Frug
04-24-2020, 09:14 AM

Because they pick the visually oldest race in the game, ok.

SOMEONE's projecting...

BlackBellamy
04-24-2020, 09:59 AM
nerds and losers

we dont agree with you

Shut up.

You couldn't sound more like an angry nerd and loser if you tried. Seriously read the entire thing you wrote. It's pure Nerd Loser 101 screeching.

magnetaress
04-24-2020, 10:19 AM
TLDR

You couldn't sound more like an angry nerd and loser if you tried. Seriously read the entire thing you wrote. It's pure Nerd Loser 101 screeching.

It does sound angry. But they are right.

I always play a female characters because issues.

Nah bro, I'm solid as a rock. I just want to fuck my toon. I waited 20 hours for a Guise so I could get harder.

https://i.imgur.com/E1qy0nk.png

BY The way... your iksar avatar is a male one. So IDK what you are getting at here. :o

fadetree
04-24-2020, 10:23 AM

Really. I just read it and I heard him telling people that think they should be able to flaunt the rules that they shouldn't start complaining when *surprise* they get busted.

Whether names should be regulated or not is a different question - the fact that this is a clearly stated rule is not.

fadetree
04-24-2020, 10:26 AM
BY The way... your iksar avatar is a male one. So IDK what you are getting at here. :o

Two penises?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemipenis

magnetaress
04-24-2020, 10:41 AM
Two penises?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemipenis

Interesting link, makes iksar a much more attractive race... :o

Thanks for the educational material.

Bodybagger
04-28-2020, 10:06 PM
Illegal names ? lol

I don't know about that.

But, heres a screenshot for you.

https://imgur.com/tzTUU39

This is what happens at like 4am in Gfay when the green population goes from 1548 to 2:D

Some bored individual has also decided to litter the Grobb zoneline with lvl 1 Troll carcasses as well.

Those would be banked goodies from Lynuga hand ins. If you see 80 corpses somewhere, just assume some cringy neckbeard guild has deposited countless lore items on said corpses

and green pop never drops below 900 currently lol

reznor_
04-28-2020, 10:12 PM
My druid Sonofabirch got popped in the great name purge of 2019. RIP.

reznor_
04-28-2020, 10:13 PM
thanks for nothing OP

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 10:54 PM
My druid Sonofabirch got popped in the great name purge of 2019. RIP.

thanks for nothing OP

I made this post in 2020. If anything from a jruidic standpoint. I would've given you a pass for working birch in there.

Hope that helps.

solleks
04-28-2020, 11:20 PM
Saw a gnome namered Jazzanon Mebaldiespot

magnetaress
04-28-2020, 11:22 PM
Saw a gnome namered Jazzanon Mebaldiespot

Gnomes are technologically advanced enough to have code names, hacker names, and meme names.

Elijah850
04-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Autotoon?

Cen
04-30-2020, 08:41 PM
I may or may not know someone with the name Broknight on reserve. Not sure if thats legal ;D

Doktoor
05-01-2020, 02:57 AM
My alt was gonna be Yermawm S'notclassic, but I didn't want it to get changed.

Swish
05-05-2020, 08:24 PM
Naming the guards after composers probably violated the naming policy back in 99 too.

https://i.imgur.com/8Xw7tq7.png

alreadyhome
05-06-2020, 03:37 PM
The fact that anyone would care what someones name is in a 20 year old free game is the saddest thing I have ever read and is a clear representation you are all losing your minds during a very weird time in the world. Go for a walk. Call your friends and family and catch up with them. Weedsmokerfourtwenty in EverQuest is not your problem, your inability to deal with real life is.

magnetaress
05-06-2020, 03:42 PM
The fact that anyone would care what someones name is in a 20 year old free game is the saddest thing I have ever read and is a clear representation you are all losing your minds during a very weird time in the world. Go for a walk. Call your friends and family and catch up with them. Weedsmokerfourtwenty in EverQuest is not your problem, your inability to deal with real life is.

look, you're not wrong, but you are also not right... cuz guess what

Of all the things I am thankfully free to do, chuckle about silly elf names and orc mischief is pretty damn good. At least I am not poisoning myself with hatred, drugs, fear about virii, and pop culture.

This is a blessed realm, where only the righteous will prevail, those that hate fantasy, and hate elves, are just broken souls that need to be gathered and renamed unto the new lands, given new life, and a fresh chance to earn a proper name.

Nilstoniakrath
05-06-2020, 10:42 PM

This. You all are pathetic

magnetaress
05-06-2020, 10:44 PM
^mad, also name unpronounceble..

Nilstoniakrath
05-06-2020, 10:55 PM
^mad, also name unpronounceble..

^ignorant F lol

solleks
05-06-2020, 11:50 PM
Saw a hobbit named Pakkinpipez Sekindbreakfest

magnetaress
05-07-2020, 05:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/pg3VqFl.png

kaev
05-07-2020, 07:02 PM
I wish the name police had more time to deal with you pathetic anti-creative sadsacks and your crap ideas of what makes a "cool" name. But that's just me, ymmv

magnetaress
05-07-2020, 07:21 PM
I wish the name police had more time to deal with you pathetic anti-creative sadsacks and your crap ideas of what makes a "cool" name. But that's just me, ymmv

I need to know, is this real or fake anger?

My creativity generated "Aeshyra" for Asherah for my IRL rogue TLP name (since someone alredy took it). It is psuedosemetic for 'she who walks on water'.

Since I can't have babies I am kinda happy with this.

Feels good gurl, get it!

Gustoo
05-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Magnet are you running around with luclin models on?

magnetaress
05-07-2020, 08:40 PM
Magnet are you running around with luclin models on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1jzVJjk32E

nphixion
05-08-2020, 08:16 AM

sup

Elijah850
05-13-2020, 03:09 AM
Aaabrokeback Soyboy? ROFLMAO

Corona Vie
05-13-2020, 11:56 AM
The idea of a "fantasy name" is a fairly abstract idea to begin with, so I would think it's difficult to police, unless it's a more straightforward "dickbutt" situation.

Not necessarily anyone in this thread, but it seems some people believe fantasy RP names are only names that are nearly impossible to pronounce and have absolutely no allusion to the characters class or any real world pop culture, while "fantasy" literally means to imagine things that are impossible or improbable.

magnetaress
05-13-2020, 12:16 PM
thats why i advocate for a cyberpunk setting

Videri
05-13-2020, 01:40 PM
The idea of a "fantasy name" is a fairly abstract idea to begin with, so I would think it's difficult to police, unless it's a more straightforward "dickbutt" situation.

Not necessarily anyone in this thread, but it seems some people believe fantasy RP names are only names that are nearly impossible to pronounce and have absolutely no allusion to the characters class or any real world pop culture, while "fantasy" literally means to imagine things that are impossible or improbable.

A good point. People are voicing their various opinions in this thread. However, all of our opinions and feelings are kind of irrelevant because it all comes down to the actual rules of the server, which are written down in one place and haven't changed for years. The naming rules are not based on any one person's idea of what a "fantasy name" is. The rules spell out what is prohibited. You can do whatever you want with your name as long as it follows these rules (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17488).

One of the rules is:

Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

Rpruett
05-14-2020, 03:31 AM
A good point. People are voicing their various opinions in this thread. However, all of our opinions and feelings are kind of irrelevant because it all comes down to the actual rules of the server, which are written down in one place and haven't changed for years. The naming rules are not based on any one person's idea of what a "fantasy name" is. The rules spell out what is prohibited. You can do whatever you want with your name as long as it follows these rules (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17488).

One of the rules is:

Precisely -- and as I pointed out your Druid "Seaglass" would violate these same rules.

Jimjam
05-14-2020, 09:17 AM
thats why i advocate for a cyberpunk setting

Switchblade Toaster is my goto name for cyberpunk settings.