PDA

View Full Version : Pet Experience Penalty?

Serendib
03-29-2020, 07:02 PM
Hello! I have looked for a definitive answer to this already on the forums but have been unable to find concrete proof one way or the other.

Is there currently an exp penalty for pets doing more than a certain % of damage to an enemy while you are soloing?

I have been told that for example, as a mage, if your pet does 51% of the damage to an enemy while solo, you will lose 50% exp for that kill while solo. But that this penalty will not apply if you are grouped. Is this correct? It seems to be true from my experience, but I have no numerical proof.

damus1
03-29-2020, 07:24 PM
yes thats exactly it. when solo, you must out damage your pet. when grouped, it doesn't matter. mages especially have a hard time out damaging pet until you start getting juicier nukes at 34 - duoing is highly recommended

Cen
03-29-2020, 08:22 PM
Magicians are a fantastic Duo class, find yourself a buddy ;D They work well with other mages and necros especially. One tip: if you ever are AFK soloing a mob, and a necro is AFK soloing another mob near you on the same timer, around the same level, just group up and keep at it. You remove each others pet penalty, give each other a group bonus. Usually this happens near guard areas etc