PDA

View Full Version : jboots camp vs quest

Veikuri
03-27-2020, 04:23 PM
Which do you guys feel is more easier/time consuming to do. The current list camp or the quest that will come out later on?

trinkets
03-27-2020, 04:44 PM
I think it's fair to say the quest ring is much easier to obtain.

Veikuri
03-27-2020, 05:29 PM
I think it's fair to say the quest ring is much easier to obtain.

Is there a reason people are spending 10~30 hours on the camp then?

Hazek
03-27-2020, 05:38 PM

Raid req's and not having to wait.

drdrakes
03-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Expect similar wait times for the AC and who knows when Hasten will be up. 24 hours for a start to finish Jboots is probably not going to be uncommon at all.

Baler
03-27-2020, 05:55 PM
Jboots week 2-3 of green was a cake walk.
:cool:

Now if I had to choose. I'd farm the plat and buy the MQ when it comes.

Wiff
03-27-2020, 06:49 PM
Eventually the camp should mellow out for it to become substantially faster and convenient to quest/buy. However, considering the current population, the people in hibernation biding their time until Kunark, and the legions of iksar monk raiders that will be pouring out of Cabilis, you can expect the AC to become locked down in short order.

One advantage to biting the bullet now is that you won't have to risk dealing with bad behavior later: guildies passing the camp between themselves, druids and wizards hiding corpsed rings underwater, MQ scammers linking rings from Blue, lone actors killing Hasten and popping Brother Zephyl, KSing the Sro spawn, etc.

Tethler
03-28-2020, 03:06 AM

Because its the only way to get them if you want them now.

Swish
03-28-2020, 03:45 AM
Eventually the camp should mellow out for it to become substantially faster and convenient to quest/buy. However, considering the current population, the people in hibernation biding their time until Kunark, and the legions of iksar monk raiders that will be pouring out of Cabilis, you can expect the AC to become locked down in short order.

One advantage to biting the bullet now is that you won't have to risk dealing with bad behavior later: guildies passing the camp between themselves, druids and wizards hiding corpsed rings underwater, MQ scammers linking rings from Blue, lone actors killing Hasten and popping Brother Zephyl, KSing the Sro spawn, etc.

This is why /list is fair.

Fammaden
03-28-2020, 07:11 AM
Rest assured, the AC spawns will be locked down in short order and the vast majority will be sold as MQ's. I'd expect the MQ to start out around 10k on green and will take quite a while to settle down to the 6k it runs on blue.

So the question here is how you value your time. Many people right now feel they could camp 6 - 10k in the time it takes to wait out the list on green now. This has the benefit of being completely on your own schedule, with all the AFK's you desire.

But if you really hate farming plat, or would rather spend it on other things, and the time sink is reasonable for your life, then the list is a superior option overall. Just make no mistake, while this isn't manastone levels of torture it DOES suck and takes a long ass time.

BlackBellamy
03-28-2020, 09:22 AM
So the question here is how you value your time. Many people right now feel they could camp 6 - 10k in the time it takes to wait out the list on green now. This has the benefit of being completely on your own schedule, with all the AFK's you desire.

Oh definitely. I got 2 Guises because you have to list for them so I did those camps. But...I bought a manastone just like I bought two Rubi bp's and I'm going to buy the Jboots MQ as well.

I can sit in my farming camp and press a couple of buttons every 20 mins or so, go AFK or log off as long as I want, and still make real nice cash, or I can spend 40 consecutive hours waiting for the random afk check, no thanks.