PDA

View Full Version : Held names on blue to green...

Swish
03-26-2020, 10:07 PM
So there was a post before green launched that if you had a character on blue that nobody would be able to recreate it on green as it was held for you. You'd have to use it on the same account understandably but from what I remember it was every character 10+ plus any characters under 10 that had been logged in recently prior to green launching...

I went to start a druid on green tonight (because there aren't enough :rolleyes: ) and couldn't get the name I had on blue for them.

Did the teal merge into green screw with anything? Or what happened?

On a sidenote, I managed to get Swish on teal despite not having it on blue anymore but when I deleted the character and made it again (still on teal) it wouldn't let me have it a second time.

The whole name thing is a little murky at this point, just wondered if I missed a post somewhere.

Madbad
03-27-2020, 02:15 AM
just wondered if I missed a post somewhere.

...this...doesn't seem possible.

Swish
03-27-2020, 02:25 AM
...this...doesn't seem possible.

:rolleyes:

Videri
03-27-2020, 02:26 AM
I do believe the Teal merge with Green messed something up. I think people were able to create names on Teal that already existed on Blue.

I made a character with a cool four-letter name on Green. After the merge, I deleted it in order to recreate it on another account, and I couldn't.

Swish
03-27-2020, 02:49 AM
That makes sense, so someone made the character name on teal and it got merged into green before I could use it from blue.

RIP... my own fault :D

Khaleesi
03-28-2020, 07:22 AM
How is that your own fault?

Sounds like another example of how Teal was a dumb idea and how the management of it was even worse.
Also why would making a character, then deleting it lock out the name?

BlackBellamy
03-28-2020, 09:16 AM
How is that your own fault?

Sounds like another example of how Teal was a dumb idea and how the management of it was even worse.
Also why would making a character, then deleting it lock out the name?

That's what happened to me. I have Name on Blue and I can't create Name on Green because I had Name on Teal and deleted it.

There was a post from some dev or gm how they had two separate name db's and they weren't in sync or something and it's going to take manual effort to reconcile the two. IMO will never happen.

Cen
03-28-2020, 09:27 AM
That's what happened to me. I have Name on Blue and I can't create Name on Green because I had Name on Teal and deleted it.

There was a post from some dev or gm how they had two separate name db's and they weren't in sync or something and it's going to take manual effort to reconcile the two. IMO will never happen.

Actually I was in that situation and it did get fixed. The teal database is now completely unconnected to green/blue per rogean. I can link post if you want but try your name now