PDA

View Full Version : Is the Fishbone Earring much use in Kunark / Velious?

RipVanFish
03-25-2020, 12:04 AM
Are there any more underwater zones that come with Kunark and/or Velious? Or partially underwater zones where you'd want to have a Fishbone Earring or Rebreather?

Or is Kedge the only place pretty much.

Zeboim
03-25-2020, 12:44 AM
Bloodgills in LOIO are a decent reason to have one, if you want one.

Videri
03-25-2020, 01:02 AM
Velious brings us Siren's Grotto.

Christina.
03-25-2020, 03:04 AM
Yes, there's alot of swimming that comes with those expansions actually. An essential item for alot of players. Me included.

Fragged
03-25-2020, 03:53 AM
No.

Izmael
03-25-2020, 05:22 AM
You can hide from AE's in water. Just saying!

Swish
03-25-2020, 10:28 AM
Timorous Deep? If you like swimming there's swimming to be had.

loramin
03-25-2020, 11:24 AM
Timorous Deep? If you like swimming there's swimming to be had.

You're not wrong about the swimming, but ... the item?

No.

Aside from Bloodgills and SG, there's very little need to stay underwater. Like, sure you'll swim underwater to get to the King camp in Sebilis, but 95% of the time you'll swim through the area fast enough that you can easily do it on one breath. And in the odd case where you need to sit there waiting for some reason, the odds are high that one of your five other party members can cast EB.

Same deal with TD: there's no reason to stay underwater. Even if you're going to the fire pots or Faydedar, you only need to be underwater a short while, and you can easily do that without EB.

The same is true for most places where you can't breathe in classic EQ (and heck even Luclin only added one new "can't breathe" zone, The Gray). In classic, you only really need EB for ...

Cazic Thule (alligators)
Kedge (everything)
Sirens Grotto (actually crawling it, not just going to WW)
Lake of Ill Omen (Bloodgills and those fish for Druid epic ... although in theory you could pull both to where you can breathe, and of course Druids get EB also)
Shaman Test of Patience in Erud's Crossing (but Shaman have EB)
Trying to get FTE on Lodizal in EW (and BTW, he's one of several sources of new EB items besides the earring in Kunark/Velious)

I'm probably forgetting a place or two, but the point it's rarely a necessary item, and is mostly a convenience item (much like the Quillmane cloak, except you actually need EB a bit more than levitate I think).

IMHO the best part of having an EB item is that it saves you from dying because you went afk and ran into a puddle ;)

Castle2.0
03-25-2020, 11:41 AM
Sometimes I like to AFK underwater. It's just kinda a thing I do.

Fammaden
03-25-2020, 04:41 PM
I'm probably forgetting a place or two

Beginning of cleric epic, underwater goblin tower in Lake Rathe.

Erati
03-25-2020, 04:54 PM
Its useful for-ev-er.

Torik
03-25-2020, 05:03 PM
I literally vendored a Fishbone Earring on Red today for like 47pp. I had no pp on me but wanted to buy a Deluxe Toolbox in IC and the earring was the item I was most willing to part with out of about 60 items. The pop is so low that everyone has a Lodi Shield or Lodi Ring, making the Fishbone Earring obsolete and worthless.

loramin
03-25-2020, 05:40 PM
Beginning of cleric epic, underwater goblin tower in Lake Rathe.

Good one! In fact, the Druid epic needs an item from that same underwater tower also (and I did the Druid epic, so I should really have remembered that one ...)

Obviously an EB item is a lot more useful for a Cleric than a Druid though.